What genes, features...

What genes, features, personality traits (or propensity towards certain personalities) are most parents likely to pick for their engineered children, if allowed to freely chose in scifi settings?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/technology-34118482
archive.is/pQP7h
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Most likely beauty, intelligence, and a propensity towards whatever personality they find most interesting. Parents aren't just selecting the most competitive children. I'm sure that a majority will pick the ones they most want to live with.

White, 6 foot 2 inches for male or 5 foot 6 for women, blonde 40% black 25% brown 15% hair, 8-9 inch dick for males, DD cup for women, green or blue eyes

General genes for fitness, health, IQ, no genetic diseases or propensity for sickness, no homosexuality or mental illness

In scifi settings? Depends on the planet. Nobody on a high gravity planet wants a tall kid.

>not giving your daughter at least a 10 inch dick

Accelerated metabolism and/or diminished ability to store fat.

>DD cup for women

drug addiction immunity
starvation resistance
photographic memory
mathematical reasoning
other cognitive enhancements
increased stamina
pain tolerance
yadda yadda

Personality traits are gonna be a bitch because parents are stupid, probably they want their sons be aggressive cunts and their daughters brainded princesses.

Children that never grow up to be keep as pets.

obedience/submissiveness, physical and mental endurance, minimal emotions, ability to memorize and carry out complex orders, lack of curiosity, small size, slow metabolism, minimal sex drive. Gotta be able to get a steady job and all that, how else are they gonna pay the rent on their sleep coffin.

Who the fuck wants that for their children? People want their kids to be at the top of the dominance hierarchy, not at the bottom.

Mothers want extraversion and agreeableness over intelligence for their children, children they will have fun to play with. They dont want children that are too nerdy, too temperamental, too hard-working.

assuming that social mobility exists and that the odds are good enough for the financial investment in gene modification is worth it, and that society is still ruled by humans and not AI or something.

OP is asking about the traits "most parents [are] likely to pick for their engineered children"

A post-skynet society is not the topic of this discussion

Big dicks

Pretty faces

Smarts & athletics

Whites and asians will probably go for the aryan look with various coloured eyes and hair while blacks and other various brown people will go for lighter skin and colored eyes. at least that's the trend you'll probably find in the U.S

Discipline, so the kid can actually achieve things with their life.

You're right. With the power of genetics at your fingertips, why stop there? You can go way bigger.

You still need to raise them and a kid that regulary tell you to fuck off is hard to raise.
Even more so for an engineered child with abilities/potential superior to your own

Fitness, good looks , better cognitive abilities and coordination.

Basically they would want to create Ivan the Russian Gymnasticist Chessmaster in the case of males.

In the case of females...this is where it gets iffy.
Nobody wants german, anglo or nordic women.
So the most desierable females would end up as a mix of Jap and Mediteranean chicks.

Wings.

>Nobody wants german, anglo or nordic women

Says who?

I cannot think of a more hellish dystopia where every single person is blessed by the qualities of a leader.

Disgusting.

The world. Most races agree, Asian women are where it's at.

>autism

That's right up there with

>everyone knows

Depending on how far into te future it is race might still be sort of sensitive subject, not something you change according to fashion.
It'd probably just be koreans thinking it's okay to give their children obvious racial traits.

>as high an IQ as they can afford
>genetic disease free so no cancer/diabetes/mental illness/needs seeing eye glasses
>race/hair/eye color
>ambidextrous
>photographic memory

Actually, you do want as tall as possible when it comes to genetics. Because if a person who is almost 7 feet tall on Earth is only 5 feet tall on Galibula 6, then imagine how much shorter someone would be if they are less than 7 feet tall on Earth.

So they are the first one to starve to death in an emergency situation, or are constantly walking around looking like an anorexic despite the fact that they are constantly draining your wallet away by shoveling down twice as much food as everyone else?

Fuck no.

>Living on a high-gravity world compresses people by 2 feet
Did you mean to bring up the nature/nurture divide, and just handled it badly, or are you retarded?

Don't project your yellow fever onto the rest of the world. They're all inferior to robot women anyway, it's just those don't exist yet.

>nobody wants german, anglo or nordic women

And yet those said white women are still the most desirable by everyone? To the point where third world monkeys will actively try to rape one just to brag about it to their subhuman friends?

I mean, you're on Veeky Forums, so you're under the illusion that asian chicks are desired by anything more than a fringe group who have become disillusioned from being spurned by several white women.

And in 6 generations a society of Fulgrimesque uber Adonis Hitlers launch a campaign of conquest and societal cleansing.
Meh I'd play it.

Assuming they have access to everything we do now, obesity is a bigger issue than starvation.

Don't forget the nurture part of the nature that's going to be manipulated.
What would the species do with ability?
China would probably go full let's make super commies, but really all this tech is gonna be developed on the military applications first

not posting designer warts

knotted benis

Nobody wants fat feminist slobs who act like little kids.
Same goes for western neckbeards.
If you are a neet there's no reson for you not to spend your time exercizing.

Designer children won't be allowed to become obese. Their parents will control their lives to the point where every bit of it has a strict schedule and routine.

To parents like that, the children are an investment they WANT returns and results on.

Also, obesity is going to start slowly dropping because of the decimation and systematic annihilation of the middle class in every first world country. People won't be able to afford loads of food with how things are shaping up in this Globalist society where capitalism is for the wealthy and forced crab mentality communism is for the plebeians.

>implying the cheapest to make foods aren't the most fattening

>Mediteranean
I can see where you got the Jap thing, but who in their right mind would want their daughter to look Mediteranean?

>They're all inferior to robot women anyway, it's just those don't exist yet.
While those are actually already in developement, I have bad news for you:
bbc.com/news/technology-34118482
archive.is/pQP7h

>Also, obesity is going to start slowly dropping because of the decimation and systematic annihilation of the middle class in every first world country. People won't be able to afford loads of food with how things are shaping up in this Globalist society where capitalism is for the wealthy and forced crab mentality communism is for the plebeians.

You grossly misunderstand the obesity epidemic.

>I'm sure that a majority will pick the ones they most want to live with.
Maybe a few with the rare gift of foresight will. Most will probably still just pick traits that they think sound good from the perspective of having a child that's successful and independent.

>Sleeps through the entire night

Fucking seriously, anything else I can deal with

Tanned skin, black hair, red eyes, tail and horns.

whatever the media tells them that is trendy.

>Men are not allowed to be happy without a woman's permission.

A dark timeline

>sex robots dehumanizes women
Oh like factory robots dehumanize men? Fuck off, fucking feminist harpies. Britain used to rule the world. Now look at it.

C-Cup is the perfect handful size user, look into your soul, you know it to be true.

Confidence.

Sand niggers actually have everyone beat, with slanty eyes coming in second.

You can't engineer confidence. You'll need robo-nannies to instill that, since actual parenting will probably be long dead by that point.

Those are just the rates, not the absolute number. It could've been just a couple of really hot Arabs getting all the replies.

Arab girls are increasingly popular thanks to their culture already conditioning them for submission. Asians have a similar qualities but less pronounced. Pale skin has been prized since time immemorial, so white is always right.

Niggers are just awful people.

>White
>Blond
>Blue eyes
>Fluent in German
>Naturally forming Swastika birth mar-
Wait this isn't /pol/

>personality
High extroversion, low agreeableness, high conscientiousness, low neuroticism, high openness

Depends on culture, which depends on circumstances and history, which depends on their base genetic traits and environment, which are based on desired themes and action, which tend to be top-level decisions for a well-fleshed setting.

What do you want out of this hypothetical scifi setting?

You could also approach it from the intent side: are you trying to mimic human children in reality? The way they are now or the way they might be in such a scifi setting? What are you trying to do with this mimicry?

You seriously think black people are gonna choose white children? In *this* political climate? The other way around, I can see.

Maybe in the U.S., although I'm starting to think that's just a meme American fatties are spawning to excuse their shitty lifestyles.

I thought this was a thread for overtly strict parents on how to steer them away from tabletop gaming.

The same ones women pick now

>Not picking high extroversion, low agreeableness, high conscientiousness, low neuroticism, and low openness.

>actual parenting will probably be long dead by that point.
Thank god. Maybe then people will start turning out half-way decent.

I suppose with genetic engineering, race will be just a thing of aesthetics.

>wanting your children to be trump clones
I suppose it would be better for society to have people low in openness, but on an individual level you would want your kids to have strong intellect, imagination, and open minds.

Nah. Selecting traits for your children is made more complex when you are also choosing the trait delivery vehicle, protector, and provider as well.

Removing this complex of subconscious incentives, checks and balances mean that men and women's intellectual foibles would be completely unfettered to take over natural selection.

It would result in captivating horrors.

I find some people to be innately confident, many times when it's completely inappropriate to do so.

Physical traits will probably just be similar phenoypes to the parents just better. A black man and woman won't have a blonde haired blue eyed daughter, probably just a black daughter with clear skin and a likelihood for generally attractive and symmetrical facial features. Likewise a pair of fair skinned parents probably won't want a son who looks like a Spanish or Italian model and have a son with similar hair, eye, and skin tones to themselves.

Intelligence, beauty, resistance to illness and genetic diseases, subdermal silkmesh armour.

This. Although it will go in cycles, it does now.

What definition of "freely" are we talking here, and how far do you take it? Perfect knowledge and motivation? Completely random?

I can't image the horror of raising kids, that is gen modified to not adhere to day/night cycle.
Not affected by sunrise, moon cycles or darkness.

? Arab culture encourages to be shitty loudmouthed savages, in areas where its acceptable.
There is a reason their males are sorta horrible people, and their females look fine until they are allowed to touch anything.

The only thing making them look civilized, is that their freedom depends on their position in the social hierarchy, so outsiders are not exposed to the worst parts of it.

I think women would go about choosing traits by imagining a man who has them. Nobody is truly creative enough to do anything otherwise. It could be random, but they will still think

>oh it's got brown hair like Jim
>oh it's eyes look like Johnny Wang, who I want to cuck
Etc

Lunar cycles?

I think they'd finally have a chance to act in accordance with the lies they tell themselves about what they want for their children.

Choosing your kids traits would become a mash of virtue signalling and momentously pompous, short-sighted wishful thinking.

Black people would be too poor to choose.

People choose traits to making that they want, but who are so different from them that those kids cannot possibly want the same thing and so end up creating completely different children. The difference is the cycle that now usually expresses itself in the field of developmental strategies now expresses itself on the field of genetics.

SJWs don't even have kids. Everyone else will want someone who looks like them but better.

I can see how some, or even the majority, of people would see that way. However, the upper middle and upper classes would have an incentive to have kids with low agreeableness in an economic climate that actively punishes saving through suppressed interest rates and inflation.

>1 article from 2015 and 1 so old you linked to an archived copy
Oh yeah it's a clearly a surging global phenomenon.

So like a drunk 18 year girl old at a bar?

It's not like robot women were already walking the streets but the day they do, you can be sure more of those will pop up, assuming the culture of outrage is still alive and well.

I dont believe that when this is possible there should even be parents. All people could be designed for specific tasks by a central authority

How is the central government going to deal with The Upper Class going rogue against them?
Thats how shitty military/revolution/LIBERTAD coups happen

Modularity.

You have no way of knowing what traits will be beneficial in post singularity world.

Sort of. In a bar, she virtue signals in preparation for the choosing, which is almost entirely on the basis of naive, short-sighted wishful thinking.

In my scenario, the virtue signalling would actually express itself somewhat in the choice.

So hominids will finally make the last leap to becoming the ants we try so desperately to be?

>having a sex robot
>ever letting it walk the streets
I mean I guess if you're a cuck.

>How is the central government going to deal with The Upper Class going rogue against them?

With guns?

It would mean peace and order forever.

I always knew he was right.

Thats what the Tsar and Louis XVI thought too. So its not a good answer.

Guns have gotten very effective

Ants are brutal warriors and cruel slavers.

Look at ants attacking some bugs. They aren’t some cold automatons doing what they need to survive. They fucking derive intense orgasmic pleasure from hurting another being.