My LGS has these rules. What do you think, do you think it's overacting?

My LGS has these rules. What do you think, do you think it's overacting?

Personally, I agree with them 100%

Rule 2 should be more of a courtesy. Sometimes people swear without even meaning to, and if there's no pure christian children around then what does it matter?

Rule 4 is ass unless they close on weekends and only run tournaments. I can see it getting annoying to host rubberneckers while people are attempting to think and plan.

No swearing is bullshit unless very young children are around and their parents don't like it. Mandatory purchases are also retarded if you are a known regular customer.

Other than purchasing a Booster (card games I imagine?), that seems pretty reasonable.

Unfortunately there are some neckbeards who need this kind of tough line or they quickly fall into familiar routines of stench and obnoxiousness.

>you must purchase a loobster to be on store on a weekend

what?

They Run so many tournaments on the weekend. They have a week for every tournament, Yug on the 1st week, X-Wing on the 2nd week, Magic on the 3rd week, 40k on the last week of the month and they'll fit more in around the clock. It's actually really busy on the weekends.

They need to clean out the tank and this makes it easy

Booster and swears seem kinda lame. What kind of profanities are banned anyway? What about ass, damn and crap?

>Yug
Why? That's like putting up a sign that says "Bring me your broke, your loud, your unwashed neckbeards"

Enjoy your ban, you damn crap-ass.

They're fine, its more so how loudly you swear. The owner seems not to mind if you mutter it or if you're telling a story or Joke, its more so when you're swearing about the game at hand.

what kind of people attend the place when the staff needs to order the costumers to have hygiene?

I take it you've never been to a Gaming store frequently before?

I don't understand how people don't hygiene, it feels fucking disgusting to be dirty.

Some neckbeards are like wendigo. They build up some kind of armor that's natural to them and it smells horrible.

I've lived all across the UK and man, a lot of LGS have such a bad repugnant smell. Like it horrifically bad in some places. The smell of smoke and BO.

I've never quite understood it myself. I had a mental breakdown for the better part of a year that had be basically non-functional and unable to leave the house. I spent a LOT of that time in the shower, as terrible and clean was still better than terrible and dirty.

>go to store to play 40k
>attempt to buy box of dudes
>get banned instead for not buying mtg pack

So if you're in the store on the weekend to take place in a 40k tournament, you have to buy a booster?

The food one is fair enough, you wouldn't walk into a restaurant and bring out McDonald's you bought.

Hygiene one would normally be an unspoken rule but fucking hell with some of the people this hobby makes you interact with, it's understandable, even my local GW has some hand written sign about hygiene.

Booster pack rule seems a bit steep if you're already a regular customer, unless you're only holding 'freeloaders' who just pop up to play tournaments and never buy in which case I wouldn't mind it, they've gotta make money somehow.

Swearing rule is dumb though, people know not to swear when kids are around and no one constantly swears anyway, there's no need to make a rule for something like that IMO which makes me think there's some turbotard regular who can't stop swearing.

You'll have to pay to book a table for 40k, (reserved for you for the entire day) and you dont need to buy a booster for entering the tournament.

>You'll have to pay to book a table for 40k
How the fuck is this store even in business? I walked into a new store to play a pickup game of 40k and had to buy a day's worth of table space, I'd 360 my way out real quick.

Apparently this store either has great service and selection, or is the only choice for the people who go to it. Either way, it's not that crazy.

The LGS is run very well. Out of the LGS i've been too, it's the best. They run a consitent D&D world with quest markers across the world map so you can party up to do quests.

A lot competitions every weekend.

The opening hours are 12:00 - 00:00 on weekdays and 9:00 - 18:00 on weekends.

A reference library for games from AD&D to the latest 40k codexes.

Furthermore, the prices are pretty good, the Dark Imperium was only £70 for preorder. Thats pretty ridiculous.

Mystery solved

>I'd 360 my way out real quick.

But you could afford the table, MJ

great service, On week days tables, are free till 18:00 unless if you have a booking. Weekends are packed with people. We have people visiting from other cities to come to our LGS. There are a few competitors near by so competition is still going.

>- 00:00 on weekdays

YESSSSSSSS

>18:00 on weekends.

REEEEEEEEEEE DAYWALKERS GET OUT

Table price is just £3 for a full table full of quality terrain. And its not per person its per table. Here is an example of one of the tables.

who is the big guy in orange pants?

PO from Starwars

>I can understand it, even if I think it's dumb
>That's fine, every business should have this rule
>I agree with that
>You must... nope, done.
Fuck this place. Never would I ever give them business, and I'd make damn sure that no one I know gives them business either. They deserve bankruptcy.

Next rule after that should be rule #1 though.

Rule 1 depends on what price they are charging for their food and drink and what they stock. If I ran an LGS, I'd be tempted to introduce such a rule to prevent pic related.

2, 3 and 5 are reasonable for the inside of any store. They should not need to be stated.

I don't know enough the store to judge rule 4. Could be justified if the store gets crowded.

6 is likely their only way of enforcing the rules.

Requiring a booster purchase to be in the store goes a little into a grey area and likewise a 1 strike policy that is implied can be considered severe, but can be justified with the circumstances of that particular store (such as extremely busy weekends where rowdies crowd out core clientele and paying customers, and such a high volume and turnover that more than 1 strike allowed can easily result in chaos and a deterioration of environment to the point where the rules don't prevent what they're trying to prevent).

>Justification-needed Tier
Barred from store on first offense
Purchase necessary for weekend attendance

>Understandable Tier
No outside food or drink
No swearing

>Obvious Tier
No threatening behavior
Treat scenery and tables with respect
Personal hygiene

As with everything, execution and enforcement is everything. I hope they know how to manage their community and hire the right people to enforce this effectively (even when they're not around).

>xcom

Colour me interested.

>They run a consitent D&D world with quest markers across the world map so you can party up to do quests.
This is so fucking cool

The booster thing is really silly. What if I don't play card games?

The only rule I actually object to is the first one. Unless the store is literally connected to a pizza shop everyone is going to fucking leave if they want lunch. Every store I've been to in New England has been ok with bringing outside food, lots even allow delivery to the store cause hobby shops and pizzerias are symbiotic businesses

>full of quality terrain

I wouldn't say "full of".

When you said "book" I figured you meant just reserving it.

Paying three quid for that? Bollocks.

>I have never cussed inside a business establishment

You're full of fucking shit.

I would hesitate to say "quality" as well.

£3 is a fucking ripoff, and that "whole day" bullshit isn't a selling point. No one is going to actually use the table that long.

See and

>bringing amerishart greasy food into a shop full of delicate books and miniatures

"no"

Foolish white devil doesn't know how to consume cheesemeat pancake with chopsticks

I've been to a lan gaming place with a similar rule, it was largely to stop people bringing in greasy food or stuff with sauce or otherwise messy stuff that smells and gets everywhere. Might be for a similar reason.

More examples of tables

I'm actually capable of controlling what I say in public places, unlike you apparently.

As long as they're not dicks about the occasional slip ups it's fine. But this is a place of business open to the public, not a fucking clubhouse, so grow up and learn to control yourself.

Sure they will. You are just more efficiently connecting with your customers that will give you that reliable business with a minimum of fuss.

If it became a big deal, I would personally keep most of the tables the same and make 1 table a high-turnover table for lower rates, but with a fee for going overtime and a definite cut-off point.

>im-fucking-plying British fare isn't as greasy if not be easier than your typical American fast food
I understand that in great Britain you've filled your country to the point that it's physically impossible to have a room more than 6' wide but here in America we have a reasonable population with huge tracks of land so we can afford to house an entire game store and have food be consumed while still being 10' away from any potentially damaged media. Us Americans also use utensils so we don't get our hands all grubby with food matter.

And oh yeah
O B S E S S E D
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

People don't go to gaming stores to act prim and proper, they go there to unwind and have a good time with friends. As long as you're not screaming at the top of the lines, I don't see why casual swearing in a normal or quiet tone in a private conversation away from others is an issue or even relevant to the business's operation. How about you use your brain instead of making assumptions about peoples' maturity, you fucking faglord?

Here's the D&D wall.

>As long as they're not dicks about the occasional slip ups it's fine

Nope, you're barred from the store as it says on the poster. If you're going to print that shit you enforce it. If you can't see why that's dumb, then I guess you should grow up and learn to control yourself, because you just swore in that post.

Who said anything about Britain?

Americans eat like pigs compared to Europeans anyway

It's probably written like that so the owner CAN throw people out if he doesn't like them (and they curse).

I've been to other LGS where you had to £1 per hour for a table per person too. Or other LGS, if you did not play the local game they wouldn't accommodate you, LGS's are very pissy about, and I've been to countless across the UK.

Where is this store??

See It's because of people like you that this needs to be politely codified, when it's obvious you don't need to be shouting "fuck" because of your plastic men.

OBSESSED

>assumptions
Judging by your post? Those ain't "assumptions," those are facts. You fucking child.

I'd say go to a pub and not a games store if you want to swear it up but clearly you're not old enough.

>this is a place of business

It's clearly not just a business establishment, it also provides services and serves as a meeting place, otherwise they wouldn't have those rules and hold games and have tables available.

>not a fucking clubhouse

This is literally what many gaming stores are. Clubs for nerds and games.

>so grow up

Swearing has no relation to maturity. It does, however, have relationship with increased intelligence (Jay and Jay, "Taboo word fluency and knowledge of slurs and general pejoratives: deconstructing the poverty-of-vocabulary myth") and integrity (Feldman, "Frankly, we do give a damn: The relationship between profanity and honesty")

>Americans eat like pigs compared to Europeans anyway
Yeah Britain totally doesn't have a huge obesity problem that's only getting worse.

To be fair, it's not clear if "failure to abide" means a single infraction or a general and ongoing failure. Leaves a lot up to the discretion of the establishment and its agents if you ask me.

I don't mind this ambiguity, because most reasonable people will either step right from the start, or find it odd and ask about it, at which point the owner can go "nah that's just for a̶s̶s̶h̶o̶l̶e̶s̶ jerks" and the customer can heave a sigh of relief and think "wow the owner is a really reasonable fellow".

Whew I'm glad my game store doesn't have any of these bullshit rules.

>This is literally what many gaming stores are. Clubs for nerds and games.
This is also literally the reason LGSs have such an insanely high failure rate.

See If you say any of the following words, you are insta banned, according to your logic

"hell"
"ass"
"crap"
"damn"
"jackass"
"shit"

You act like fuck is the only swear word or something or people run around screaming fuck at the top of their lungs.

I agree with the rest, but Rule 4 is bullshit.

I've been told to leave on occasions. For example I walked in with an ice cream and the owner just said

"Finish your ice cream and come back in"

I've been told to watch my language, I wasn't kicked out.

>ain't
>You fucking child.
>hurr underaged

Grow up and control yourself, Anonymous. Pubs are places of business, you shouldn't swear in those, because you know, they're places of business. Your excellent, grown-up words, not mine.

See? People are being paranoid.

>no eating food or drink not purchased from in store

fuck you kikes, if i'm gonna be here for hours I'm gonna bring a snack and I'm not paying 3 dollars for a snickers or whatever other garbage your selling

>hurrr durr no u
Yeah, you're totally not underage.

Wow.

Swearing is a part of everyday conversation where I'm from. Can't even imagine a church having that rule here.

>implying any context was given

What the fuck do you expect from a single image that says only what it says

In Denmark the gaming stores are usually quite void of game tables.
Instead, we have a bunch of local tabletop clubs.
The membership is usually about 10USD per month, and the rules are normally something like 'be mindful of the other members', although I have seen some clubs with more laid-out rules.

>by your logic
Not that guy, but that was literally the logic of one of the persons he was arguing against.

>You act like... people run around screaming fuck at the top of their lungs.
Yeah, people do that. They're not welcome in the store anymore.

>implying I implied that at all

It's hilarious how dumb you are. I guess I should make some kind of joke about how you're pretending to be all grown up at babby's first game store visit but then I'd turn into a liar. It's nice having a functional brain to realize that, unlike someone.

These were the prizes for a small painting competition they ran just a month back. I believe it was free to enter.

Yeah, in absence of a specific context spelled out for you you'd have to rely on your judgement, wouldn't you?

Hell, OP seems to have explained it early on in the thread, and several anons seem to have figured it out even before that.

Dude you're not helping your case, you sound like you're 12.

And that's like saying only blacks are banned from a store for being greasy but whites aren't. If you swear, you get banned. Period. That's what it says right on the fucking paper.

If you're going to argue that "well at owner's discretion is implied", you're kind of missing the point where over half the rules in that image should have been fucking implied as well.

>says the faglords obsessed with others' age

Grow up, dawg.

I rest my case.

You have no idea what a 12 year old sounds like, probably because you're still as dumb as one. You sound like some autistic loser who wastes his time on Veeky Forums posting the most retarded shit ever, even more retarded than the average level of retardation on this site. Just thought I'd let you know, because you're clearly too dumb to ever figure it out on your own.

>that's like saying blah blah black, white, etc.
You're going to have to elaborate your argument, because right now there's no connection to what I said.

>That's what it says right on the fucking paper.
It really doesn't, mate. This conversation has already been hashed out in the thread, so I'm not going to repeat it.

>still responding

It's hilarious how dumb you are. I guess I should make some kind of joke about how you're pretending to be all grown up at babby's first shitpost but then I'd turn into a retard like you. It's nice having a functional brain to realize that, unlike someone.

You're trolling rather too hard, babe.

> closes at fucking 6 on a weekend
Trash tier. And I suppose reading my post would make me banned as well?
Shit store. Shit people. Shit country. Thanks for tanking that pound though dawg

> full of quality terrain
Ha!

>It really doesn't, mate.

>babe

Nice fresh maymays you learn that this week, kid? You sound like you're 12, grow up and control yourself.

No need to be jealous yuropoor.

Judging by this thread, they probably didn't have to have a swearing rule at first.

Until some autistic literalist figured he could happily do it because it wasn't "in the rules".

Someone left the dildos out on planet bowling ball I see

Yeah, don't swear is a rule. Not abiding by rules will eventually get out banned from the store.

There's a reason you have to be explicit about extreme policies that doesn't exist for mild policies - people tend to take greater exception to extreme policies.

But then, maybe you are exactly the type of person to ban a new customer for stepping to the store while chewing gum, before they'd even met anyone or read the sign on the wall.

In the real world, a normal person would just point to the sign and say "we really don't want people doing that here" and then see what the offender does. If you make continue to do it? Yeah, you're going to get banned from the store.

See, the mechanisms you are describing are called courtesy and group policing and are social in nature. Anonymous has proven that they simply can't into social and that they are not really the demo that stores need to care about.

If you don't do much during a normal day its not to hard to end up odourous but not really dirty. You also don't notice your own odour very easily as its one of things your brain usually edits out of your perception.

All of those rules seem perfectly reasonable. I'd have no problem being there.

Veeky Forums flipping out because they have to show a little bit of courtesy is unsurprising.