So, now that we know how the Half-Life saga ends, and that we'll never get to actually experience it

So, now that we know how the Half-Life saga ends, and that we'll never get to actually experience it...

What were your campaigns that never got the due closure they deserved?
Tell us, what was the plot the players never got to see? The finale they never got to play? The plot threads they never got to explore?

Let us reminisce about the stories that Could Have Been

>youtube.com/watch?v=iy61r3Qkm6o

Other urls found in this thread:

marclaidlaw.com/epistle-3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not to haijack your thread user, but instead of making my own I feel like my question fits here.

How are the Combine as enemies? How would they be statted if one were to run a game set in the Half Life universe, or more specificly, set during the uprising in City 17?

>now that we know how the Half-Life saga ends

Do we?

Anyway, our OW game in on pretty much permanent hyatus so my players will never know that behind the sudden and unprecendented uprising of feral orks lies the mastermind of Da Kolonel, a crafty blood axes warboss former mercenary extraordinaire.

>Do we?

marclaidlaw.com/epistle-3/

I'm going to have to drop my game soon, and I'm really sad because I never got a chance to get the ball rolling on any of the big arcs I wrote up.

In my In Nomine game, God and Lucifer were both gone due to some colossal Celestial fuckups.

If the game hadn't ended, the party were going to be responsible for stopping the four horsemen from waking up and deciding who would take the mantle of God and Satan to keep the universe from collapsing.

>a whole game for basically no plot advancement and a few moments of world building

I almost feel like I'm glad it didn't become a game.

My campaign revolved about the players and a young smith that was chased by evil forces.

he was basically the anti-cristh,
and he was just a lonely, depressed and desperate boy. In the ned, if they failed,
he would kill himself and kickstart the apocalypse. Or he could find hope

What the Hell happened to Valve anyway?

Are they even building games anymore? I've been out of the loop for a while on the vidyas.

They announced a dota 2 themed hearthstone clone called artifact last I heard, that's the most I've heard from them in years

They've been content to sit back and rake in millions upon millions from steam and microtransactions in their games for the past 7 years or so.

They're actually releasing a new game in the future though, it was announced a few weeks ago. It's a DOTA card game

>Episode 3 is so delayed that the 10-year NDA writers signed when they started work expired
Pretty staggering, considering all three episodes were promised by christmas 2007.

Dammit, there's some seriously tantalising worldbuidling there, but not enough to satisfy, especially knowing we won't get anything to follow.

What the fuck are valve thinking, that everyone will just be OK with a cliff hanger and forget about the game?

I'm pretty sure it went like
>ok guys what are we doing after ep 3
>let's make it vortigaunt adventures, and end the episodes on a cliffhanger
>alright, but we shouldn't get too invested until we finish that episode
So we found that the cliffhanger people spent a decade waiting to be resolved, ends on yet another cliffhanger.

And yet, I would still play the game.

Ran a game for my housemates in 2nd year uni. We finished act 1, where the players repulsed a green dragon and his horde of minions. Act 2 was going to reveal the motivation of the dragon was to secure strategic ground for a conflict that was brewing between giants and dragons, with the PC's home city right in the middle of the battle lines. They would have had the option to align with the dragons or giants, or go alone and try to defend the city from both
Act 3 would have been the major conflict of the war, with the PC's leading the human forces in the conflict on whichever side they chose in act 2.

>online card game

Ughh, they really went to shit then.

Wait it's a hearthstone clone?
Damn and I even wanted to play it.

Yet there are still people who say I'm wrong for ignoring episodic games until all the episodes have been released.

Sure, there are plenty of episodic games I've completely because I lost interest before all the episodes were released. I view that as a problem with the games marketing.

>Hl3
>play as alyx
>black strogn woyman
>dont need no man
>single handedly blows up combine dyson sphere
>frees the combine slaves
>beats up xen aliens with bare fists because stronk
>punches gman in the face and kills him
>goes "MMMMM HMMMMM" and wags her finger
>Reunites with gordon to make happy ending
>she realizes that gordon is a white male
>kicks him in the balls and goes to find a black male to ensure repopulation of earf
>become KUEEEEEEEEEEEN

>So, now that we know how the Half-Life saga ends

"You were the terrorists all along, but bringing down the WTC basically doesn't matter at all to the Empire HAHAHAHA."

10/10.

>I was running two DW groups at the same time
>2nd group started because I found the members problematic in some way or other, so I didn't want to introduce them to the original team
>they developed fascinating group dynamics with meaningful alliances and rivalries and backstabbing - it was a blessing for the GM
>my younger brother, totally uninterested in TTRPGs or 40k, joined a session out of curiosity

basically they went to check on an insignificant world waaay behind front lines, because the garrisoning IG regiment suddenly reported a 90% loss in personnel. When they arrived, they found out that everything was A-OK, everyone is alive and accounted for. A nagging suspicion led them to dig around a bit, and had a nice little battle with Genestealers.

>that was the last session, attendance issues killed the group right before grand finale

They never had the bossfight , but my biggest regret is that they never found they got there only because the Departmento Munitorum report (intercepted by the Ordo Xenos) had a misplaced decimal point.

Go

Away

Wake up, Mr. Newell.
Wake up and smell the ashes.

>Final Fantasy VIII PF campaign
>Finally play a gunslinger
>Get to the big assassination scene, nearly pull it off
>Fail because it's a /v/ campaign and we're playing as non-canon OC side characters, so the REAL HEROES have to take over
>Get locked in prison and never heard from again
It was the one game that everyone enjoyed even the DM's girlfriend, and he ditched it for a campaign that I don't even remember.

It's fucking sad that they are just selling microtransaction shit and have left people who liked their real games hanging.

made me snort like a disgusting manpig.
good job, you.

>because the Departmento Munitorum report (intercepted by the Ordo Xenos) had a misplaced decimal point

40k at it's finest. Bravo, user.