Mate of mine wants me to spend £72 on this, while telling me that infinity is a cheap game?

Mate of mine wants me to spend £72 on this, while telling me that infinity is a cheap game?
Is infinity a rich man's meme game?

>Mate of mine wants me to spend £72 on this,
So what's wrong?

>he cant afford spending £72 on entertainment
So hows life in the sweatshop treating you?

It's cheap per full army, not per model. You don't need 50-100 models + vehicles, you only need 5-10. But those are undeniably more expensive than most R&F infantry in mass battle games.
On the other hand, they are also cheaper than characters in most of those games.

I don't see the issue?

That's a 300-point army pack, OP. The standard game size in Infinity is 300 points. It's a complete game army in one box.

The GW equivalent is buying a 2000-point Warhammer 40K army in a single box. How much would THAT cost you via retail? A fair bit more than £72, I'm pretty goddamned sure.

>yes, on a per-miniature basis across a playable army, Infinity averages out to be roughly as expensive as GW's Sisters of Battle. The ABSOLUTE cost to buy a playable Infinity army compared to AoS or 40K is still ludicrously less expensive.

That's a neat looking army and not a bad price either.

Are you sure you don't work for the Infinity&co. ?

They're all rich man's meme games

They justify it because overall you need to spend a bit less to get a playable army, while totally neglecting the absurd price per model.

So yeah, it is "cheaper" in that in order to play a game you need to spend less, but you would also end with a lot less miniatures.

>miniature game
>cheap
Even xwing is expensive in england due to import taxes.

That money will be all the money you ever need to spend on the game.

Well that and glue.

It's called cheap, because there's fewer models per army overall.
That pack is an entire army for Infinity, while for 40k that wouldn't even be a starter pack. So you will spend less overall.

>higher quality models from more expensive material are more expensive

Who would have thought?

>higher quality

Pretty sure xwing is expensive because of the starwars name.

Any problems with it?

I guess that for him, if it isn't some color coded variant of space muhreen, it's uninspired and generic.

Art direction has noting to do with quality you idiot.

>approximately £6.5 per mini if price is evenly split, not taking into account that the remotes are more expensive normally
>pretty much a ready to go tournament army
>maybe need 1-2 more blisters to add some more options
Nah, the cost is fine. It's expensive upfront, but that's the nature of minis games.

Tell that to half of Veeky Forums

Never said anything about design. But putting aside who like what, you can't seriously claim that there is a serious competitor to GW in term of actual product quality in the miniature market. I love militant order design and thinks it's hundred of times better than anything from GW. But I have to admit that the actual minis are shit compared to a Stormcast multi part kit, and SC are some of the worst GW kits.

>But putting aside who like what, you can't seriously claim that there is a serious competitor to GW in term of actual product quality in the miniature market.
>t.shill

Nice try, Redshirt. Almost got me, but you chose your words poorly.

>play Deadzone
>get a full army with twice as many minis for £25

Are you an idiot? I specifically said that I prefer Corvus belly design.

In your pics you are comparing a heavy monopose metal model which is hard to build and will come apart at the smallest hit unless you work your ass off and drill everything.

The model on the left comes with dozen of possible equipment, dozen of customization bits, all of it's component are interchangeable with other kits, it's light, you can drop him off from the second floor and it will not break, paint won't chip etc...

$30 character blisters

Funny image you got there.

>left: monopose metal for $20
>right: plastic multipart for ~$8 (comes in a box of 5 for $41)

>I specifically said that I prefer Corvus belly design.
I am talking about models quality.
>dozen of customization bits
So what? Still shitty quality, not to mention that simple kit-bashing aren't great example of customization.

>>left: monopose metal for $20
>meanwhile GW indvidual monopose models costs $30+

CB casting and detail is excellent. And if you find the HMG Azra'Il hard to build you have a potato brain. There's a few hard to build Infinity models (Red Veil Tuareg can suck a dick) but most of them, especially the more recent ones are easy.

And the issues which you point out regarding metal models and customisation are not related to model quality.

Then please say what you mean by "quality", because in literally every field except subjective ones like "I don't like space marines!!1!!!" GW is better.

>40k standard is 2000pts

...OK

>you can drop him off from the second floor and it will not break, paint won't chip etc...

Ok, I know you're either lazy troll, shill, or off your meds.

>which are as big as the haqqislam heavy infantry model depicted, but with extra weapon options

>Then please say what you mean by "quality",
Details, material, proportions

You have never worked with plastic models right?
They are durable as fuck.

You do realize that while undoubtedly better if seen from a few centimeters of distance in a pics, Corvus belly details make them a confused humanoid mess when seen from a tabletop view?

The reason GW uses heroic scale is because with it every model is easily distinguishable when seen from a tabletop view in a game.

>They are durable as fuck.
So as soldered metal models

Damn, those a some fuckugly models, no wonder they need to keep their game scale way down. Nobody would buy much more of that shit.

> GW uses heroic scale
not anymore

"No."

And this is not debatable. Fuck off blind CB fanboi.

I for one don't include so wonky scale that babbys first kitbash or simple cutting and gluing conversions don't looking off as signs of quality. Including inane parts to inflate the sense of worth or cramming several units in single box is also unrelated to model quality.

Plastic is light you idiot. Metal is heavy. If you drop a metal model it's gonna break or break the floor. If you drop a plastic model from the fifth floor on someone he's gonna hardly feel it. If you drop a metal model you are going to kill him.

>"No."
Top fucking kek, GWbaby never worked with good metal and soldering-iron.
Also, why do you even throwing your minis from the table?

Take your meds, shill. I could drop a plastic and metal model off balcony to make a point, but I think I pass. To claim either comes out unbroken is a fever dream, or depends on many factors to come just right.

>If you drop a plastic model from the fifth floor on someone he's gonna hardly feel it.
Say to new SoS minis

I collect GW, Infinity, Kingdom Death, large scale figures, busts and whatnot.

Plastic ALWAYS trumps metal. ALWAYS.

Plastic is also soft. What happens to the ground wasn't our point of discuss.

>MUH OPINIONS

cool.

>2k17
>being a liar on imageboard

A stray dice hitting your model and say bye to your paintjob. Metal is very prone to chip even with good coats of varnish. Even if you are careful sooner or later you will scratch them with a finger or something.

Meanwhile with plastic most times you don't even need varnish, the surface properties of plastic just make the paint stick like hell.

You'd know if you had painted and used a couple hundreds models or more over several years of gaming and painting.

Do you know what heroic scale is?

It exist something called terminal velocity you idiot. Plastic models have so few mass compared to metal ones that dropping them from a table and dropping them from the empire state bulding is basically the same thing.

Ok, first grade physics lesson, what is more durable to impacts? Something softer or something harder?

>and say bye to your paintjob
Nope, since I using a lacquer, git gud kid

Facts are now opinions? Or are you one of those people that prefer metal simply "because they like the weight"? Fucking lol.

Anyways, good resin is better than both, so this matter is moot.

I don't have any reason to lie, I'm not a stupid fanboi neither from GW nor from CB. I'm above all that childish shit. I merely tell you my 15+ years experience with minatures or all kinds.

God, go back to /v/ with your retarded memespeech.

>Facts are now opinions?
>Facts
Where?
Also, soldered model wouldn;t break apart after dropping from the table, it's more than enough for model,
>I don't have any reason to lie,
You have,

Are people in this thread seriously claiming that metal is better than plastic?

The only reason metal is used at all is that plastic molds are a hundred of times more expensive so smaller companies can't afford them, while also being harder to make as plastic molds don't allow undercuts.

Your paintjob would beak. Oh wait, you are one of those "dip and drybrush" little shits, then OK, go ahead and use metal for gaming, your paintjobs are worth shit anyways, who cares.

Infinity retards always try to grasp at all kinds of straws to defend their mediocre game.

>Are people in this thread seriously claiming that metal is better than plastic?
It provides better detalisation, so yes.
>Your paintjob would beak
You mean bleak?
>, your paintjobs are worth shit anyways,
It's not me problem that Infinity models have enough details and doesn't require you to imitate ALL light effects.

It used to be 1850 points, costs changed so the standard is 2000-2200 usually

Ok you just proved you have no fucking idea about what you are talking about. I'm out.

>It provides better detalisation

It really doesn't. The common critique against recent GW models is that they have too much details, compared to too few.

>metal is better than plastic?
Yes.
When Codex creep makes your model unplayable, at least a metal model makes a decent paperweight.

1. That's a full, max-sized army. Your friend needs nothing else if he buys that. Getting a 1800-2000pt army of 40K or Warmahordes stuff is likely to cost hundreds of dollars.

2. Every single one of those models is higher quality that the best hero models that GW puts out. If you were buying models of this quality from GW or PP, you'd be paying £20+ for each one.

>The common critique against recent GW models is that they have too much details
It because GW trying to hide very poor sculpts beneath rnadom details mess.

>You do realize that while undoubtedly better if seen from a few centimeters of distance in a pics, Corvus belly details make them a confused humanoid mess when seen from a tabletop view?

This ridiculous meme.

They look fine from a distance. Objects don't magically become more detailed from a distance, you can just see less of that detail. In other words, they look as good as 40K stuff from far away, and look far, far superior up close.

>extra weapon options
No.

And that's still $10 more expensive

So basically you are claiming that GW is using too much details to hide the fact that the plastic they use doesn't allow them to make details?

Make perfect sense, thanks.

Different kind of detail.

What you've posted is just random shit stapled everywhere. That's not really detail, that's MORE STUFF.

>Every single one of those models is higher quality that the best hero models that GW puts out.
Pfff ha ha. Try looking at something other than marines.

>Ok, first grade physics lesson, what is more durable to impacts? Something softer or something harder?

Detail is not "shove extra bits on there to hide the fact that no individual bit looks good." A single Infinity LI still has a good amount of detail because the quality of their sculpts are better; they don't need to stick on two other models' worth of plastic and a road flare to make them look decent.

>So basically you are claiming that GW is using too much details to hide the fact that the plastic they use doesn't allow them to make well-detailed sculpts?
fix

Learn to varnish properly, kid.

Literally nothing GW makes has the solid understanding of proportions and detailing that Infinity has. There are definitely models I like more from GW, as I'm not a huge fan of the Combined Army look in general, but are they better in terms of quality?

Nope, absolutely not. Anything GW makes close to this level will gouge your wallet like a motherfucker.

Varnish does not fully protect a metal model from chipping.

Try to distinguish a combi rifle from a boarding shotgun from more than ten centimeters of distance.

However a Marine with a melta will be instantly distinguished from one with a plasma.

The point was that plastic don't allow detail. Trying to change the topic into "if you use too much detail it doesn't look good" it's just pathetic.

Always wanted to play PanO, is there a 300p box like OP for them? I didnt see any in the store
I think he doesnt know how little models he needs for the game.

Metal as a casting material is bound to disappear from the industry, this is a fact. You can screech and kick the floor all you want. All the big (i.e. relevant) companies use plastic and resin.

Nothing protects any models fully from chipping. But varnished metal models tend to hold paint so well, that chipping becomes pretty much a non-issue. Hell, even without varnish the problem rises only rarely.

No, the point was that GW's sculpts are low-detail and low-quality, hence CB's higher per-model cost. You tried to change it to metal vs plastic because you were losing.

>Try to distinguish a combi rifle from a boarding shotgun

I can actually do that pretty easily. Boarding shotguns and combi rifles have pretty different outlines, though this depends on the faction. Now, ten to fifteen feet away it might become difficult, but by that point everything but the largest models look like basically nothing much.

why are richfags so willing to be cucked and have their money stolen

You can take that further.

Try to distinguish an unpainted yujing from an unpainted pano from a couple feet. You can't.

>The point was that plastic don't allow detail.
Details =/= random bits.

On the other hand, that problem is even less of an issue with plastic, for which you absolutely don't need varnish at all.

Not yet, at least. There will be a Nomad Corregidor one pretty soon, but that is pretty bad for a new player.

>The point was that plastic don't allow detail. Trying to change the topic into "if you use too much detail it doesn't look good" it's just pathetic.

Nobody's changed the point.

GW does not do good detailing. Cawl, for example, is not impressively detailed. What is is is a mountain of shit on top of other shit. That's not detail, that's having lots of shit going on.

I love how Infinityfags always claim that infinity has better realistic proportions when GW explicitly doesn't use realistic proportion.

The equivalent would be 40kids claiming that infinity is shit because it doesn't allow you to put a hundred models on the field.

It's literally claiming to win only because the other player is not playing.

What's the point of this post? Plastic model costs literally three cents to make, metal is more labor intensive and pewter costs far more.

What you are trying to pass as "details" is merely "crevices in the power armor", which is not details, it's design. GW models don't have that because their armors design is "round flat surfaces", not "square creviced surfaces".

The point is showing metalfaggots that their beloved material is indeed outdated and prone to disappear.

>I love how Infinityfags always claim that infinity has better realistic proportions when GW explicitly doesn't use realistic proportion.

So?

If I grade a paper and one student has built a compelling argument, whereas the other one hasn't even tried, I'm going to give the first student better marks. I'm not going to award the second student for doing their own shitty thing.

If you think realistic proportions look better then of course that's a reason to think Infinity is better.

So the question is, whether you abandon a durable, time lasting material, because it causes some negligible problems marginally more often in heavy use.

It's a matter of taste.

Plastic has a gigantic startup investment, which is also much more risk for a small company, because before you can start producing plastic models at 3 cent each and having the rest as pure profit, first you need to recoup the thousands dollars mold.

Find me the crevices in the power armour nigga.

Many good things are things of the past. Don't make them any less inferior. My collection would probably outlast my grandchildren, if some cleaning lady don't throw them away. Plastic models tend to lose their worth over time far more rapidly.

Well, you're right that it's a design thing. As in, Infinity uses more detailed designs.

>which is not details, it's design.
It's sculpts
>GW models don't have that because their armors design is "round flat surfaces",
Yeah the same you kid talked about "muh heroic scale".