Warhammer booster packs

>Warhammer booster packs

How would you execute?

Faction based. Full bits for a couple of miniatures, 1 extra bit that can be from anything (including OOP).

for minis? probably have to make sure they're of the same weight and dimension.

>A transfer sheet with four transfers
>2 bits
>A terrain puzzle-piece
>A sticker

>5$

Would you buy some?

Design random variations of different types of character unit. Chaos lord, space marine captain etc. Each one has unique rules, printed on a datasheet included in the booster pack.

10 or so variations for each faction.

WotC tried making booster packs with their D&D miniatures line that's dead.
You got a bunch of minis with stat cards in each pack. Note that in D&D factions were pretty loose, so a Neutral Frontier/Civilization guy could be used in both Good or Evil warbands as long as they were either Frontier or Civilization.
Wouldn't work as well with more rigid 40k factions.

> It's a box of 20 Pauldrons
> Bits sellers buy them up, hoping to land an Artificer/MKII/Rare captain/Chapter Master Pauldron and resell it on ebay for big bucks

Then release a book of nothing but stats for new, exotic weapons factions can take.

>It's a box of hand+weapon bits, boxed by faction
> It's the only cheap source for extra special weapons, plastic Kai guns, Staffs of light, new mechanicus axes and rare, game breaking weapons in general

Then think of all the plastic bits INQ28 fans would give their ballsack for and consolidate them into a final booster box

>I'll trade those 2 Katapharon arms for your ranger's backpack
>I have enough of those already, got any Arbite helms?

I'm not paying 50 bucks for a character I might hate the loadout of.

Those arms better be detachable or easy to convert.

By teleporting behind them.

If they did exotic weapons upgrades in boosters I would probably buy some tbqh.

Cards have tactics and special powers you can use during the game, select a hand from your collection before the game. Play one card during your turn, or as a reaction to opponent taking an action.

Commons give fairly simple effects, like +1 to die roll, while rares get increasingly bullshit. Collecting a hand of ultra rares is seen as mandatory to stay competitive in tournaments.

We can just make the loadouts ridiculous off-codex stuff that you'll definitely want.

Like a devastator captain who has a lascannon and lets all units within 3" move and fire heavy weapons without penalty, or a tyranid prime with crushing claws that lets every unit within 3" re-roll failed charges!

>How would you execute?
With extreme prejudice.

Better make that a master crafted lascannon.

So that's a pack of ten right.

Yes prease gib now plox.

Players are now given a new option when building their army.
They may now register a deck of Strategy Cards on the same list as their army.
Players with a Strategy Deck may spend command points to perform cool abilities from their randomized deck of abilities.

Claim tactical advantages with potent cards like Heroic Carge (reroll a charge roll), "Shoot 'em again, Boss!" (Model gets to attack twice this turn), or Uncanny Manuever (move a unit being targeted for an attack d6 inches).
Outwit your opponent with powerful faction abilities, like Eldar Swiftness (take an extra movement phase), Chaos Ritual (immediately summon a Daemon unit in reserve), Eternal Conquest (All models succeed their Reanimation Protocols roll this turn), Exterminous (destroy every unit on the table), or Red Paint Job (move a vehicle 1").
Play the game with extra strategy, thowing Metastrategies, like Counter Strategy (Negate your opponent's Strategy before it's resolved), Steal Strategy (steal d6 command points from your opponent), or Destrategize (target opponent discards their Strategy hand).

Play 40k the way it has always intended to be played... with Strategy.

Army specific special/heavy weapon sprues.

I'm in. Those would have to be interesting bits, though.

And here's hoping the transfers are interesting, I'm dying for some Inquisition sheets.

>5$
>Comes with a random human sized mini and a stat card for its unit.
If you want to go maximum overjew
>The mini could be from any game.
If you want to be extra generous
>Could include forge world minis.

They already made these in Japan. Random vanilla marine figure, with two mystery rare figures in the series.

Well... I want that missile launcher marine. Guess I'm going to weebland.