/aosg/ Warhammer Age of Sigmar General

We are faq-ed Edition

New and Updated FAQs, Forge World Warscrolls, and Compendium PDFs
>warhammer-community.com/2017/08/25/new-and-updated-faqs-forge-world-warscrolls-and-compendium-pdfsgw-homepage-post-1/

Resources
>pastebin.com/Cb3X4ZKW

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

General Handbook
>mega.nz/#!nMpnGQBS!Ew5rz8JMzKi5e7_mtN9nibMGY3UWO5jwOl8DIf9UZ1I

Army builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Custom Warscroll Designer
>runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

Previously on /aosg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

aosshorts.com/ghb2017-destruction/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't even want to play anymore.

So play 40k, just paint your stormcast blue and use them as ultramarines.

>And the points only apply to the latest version of the warscroll

please for the love of god post where exactly the GHB says this and put this non-sense in the grave forever.

To be honest it doesnt say that anywhere, but it is highly encouraged. And pretty much any event and tournament has ruled standard that you need to use the latest version of the warscrolls. The mournghoul just got nerfed big time, and it doesn't make sense that you can opt to use the pre-nerf warscroll in a tournament just because it's more convenient for you.

Also it's much easier to determine for the old named characters. Because you can only play with a warscroll that has points, I don't see High King Thorgrim Grudgebearer in the dwarfs points anymore. So you must use the warden king on throne of power warscroll now.

Ok.

>Shitcast
Why would anyone who gets a constant stream of new units and models want to stop playing? I was forced to use my old models because we have had nothing new since AoS started, and now I cat even use half of them. GW has killed my desire to play.

n'th for the fallen

He will be missed

This. The points make no distinction between warscroll versions, and the warscrolls themselves are not labelled in terms of versions. There is only the current version and the points therefor. Old warscrolls are invalidated by virtue of getting an identically named, chronologically advanced version of themselves. The fact that this shit needs explanation is sad in and of itself.

see

>mfw ppl laughed at my skyfires getting price increased as soon as leaks showed up (I got one unit of 6)
>now their mournghouls, bloodletter bombs, archaons and other bullshits are gone, and prices of models and batalions skyrocketed

> they took him from me again
IT'S NOT FAIR

I honeslty don't know how to feel about the changes to Bretonnia. On the one hand, loosing Free People sucks balls, on the other hand the ability to hand out relics and command traits to Louen and the Green Knight is amazing.

Your really only option now is grand alliance order allegiance, which can be sort of liberating in a way. You can take anything else from Order legally now without having to worry about breaking allegiance.

I don't know how their points are now compared to the old.

Thanquol is the last of the old world skaven legacy.

> troll hag and squig spittas look playable and good now.
>throgg is now a generic hero.

Good thing I used river trolls as chaos trolls. Now I can use em in destruction with troll hag.

2k points destruction using troll hags, minimum goblin units for battleline then trolls, giants and squig spittas for a fluffy army

And if I find nice opponents I can ask if I can proxy throgg as a megaboss

Something else I noticed with the compendium warscrolls, guys. All the keyword synergy is pretty much gone.

An example with compendium dwarfs, not only did they lose the dispossessed keyword, but they no long cross-buff any dispossessed. Thane with battle standard doesn't provide an aura buff. Planting the banner only affects himself. Not even other compendium dwarf units.

As far as I can tell, this change is the same everywhere.

Well, it wasn't any different before, so that's fine. I'll just miss buffing Demi-gryph Knights, but that's something I can live with.
Point costs stayed exactly the same.

I'be been out of the loop for a while. What's been faq-ed up exactly?

Just the compendium stuff that only applied to out of print models. That's it. If a warscroll is tied to a kit still being sold, then everything is fine. But if your warscroll has been out of print since AoS dropped, then it's in big trouble and generally won't be seen as worth taking at all.

You built the legends, now make your own!

Everything. Compendium units got stomped real hard, some new factions lost a lot of power(notably sky dwarves)

What you will be reading for the next couple of days on this general is the wailing of compendium users... Their pain is understandable...

>We are faq-ed Edition

So... who got shat on?

all compendium armies lost keyword synergy with non-compendium units

Whats the best rotbringers combo?

Rotbringers/slaves
Rotbringers/pestilens
Rotbringers/daemons

I was figuring slaves for the buff synergy to mortal attacks, but skaven chaff looks good. I regularly play seraphon so daemons look shitty.

Do I need to start posting pics just so many posts get noticed anymore?

>bretonnia isn't free people's anymore
>knights of the realm nerfed?
>grail knights buffed

Not sure how to feel

Holy shit the runelord and anvil of doom is even worse. The rune buffs only effect himself. If you must take this model, you don't even need the apprentice, and the only rune you should ever hammer is wrath, because that is pretty decent. But for 140 points, that's pretty much not worth it.

Also the war machines lost their engineer nearby buffs.

Compendium stuff absolutely gutted.

I'm not even a WHFB veteran but I still find the lack of greenskinz-grots synergy ridiculous as fuck. GW killed the faction that could be as promising as Bonesplitterz
GS
>6 kits
>6 warscrolls
>Have a start collecting and nothing more
BS
>6 kits
>9 fuckin warscrolls
>Battletome
>Warscroll cards
>Still supported

Nobody cares about dwarfs

I've been intrested in sigmar since it came out, and I have to ask the question, is this even fun? It seems like a world with no setting, the only armies that have gotten new models are stormcast, dwarves, stormcast, dwarves and stormcast, it just looks painful to get into.

>mfw free people lost bretonnia but in exchange has battleline cheap greatsword hordes, cheaper Griffin general and good battle traits/ability/artifacts

I'm mixed
Now if only pistoliers stopped being bad

So much for 'nee' Games Workshop eh.

And to anyone saying this was the right move, stop sucking GW dick. Punishing people for collecting miniatures is always bullshit.

You don't collect Warhammer for 2 years. You built your collection over the course of a decade into a thing of beauty. Now taking things out of production is fine. But this compendium FAQ is just unnecessarily cruel

>grail knights
>buffed
Yes, no longer being able to reroll to hit sure is a buff.

Sylvaneth, beastclaw, ironjawz, KBB, flesh eaters, tzeentch, and everchosen got new models you twat.

Dwarfs are just an example. All the compendium stuff got the same treatment.

There is no warscroll synergy among the compendium stuff anymore. That's all been gutted out.

God damn I would be butthurt if I was a skydorf player
Nerfs across the board like 4 months after release
wew lad

It was redundant with enchantress, who was nearly auto take anyway

Can someone give me a rundown on the skaven changes please?

That just means they may be getting a battletome soon. Copypastaing from a few threads ago:

So the recent Destruction live twitch stream gave some hope for some of you.
>aosshorts.com/ghb2017-destruction/
This is just a summary of what was discussed on the livestream, but the big thing to pay attention to is how he said the rules team reviewed the grand alliance books and the model ranges and asked if its model range is large enough, and pick from that factions that they would not be producing a battletome for soon, and make allegiance rules for those. So we can guess from factions that are definitely large enough, that are not getting allegiance rules, will likely be getting a battletome before the next GHB. To me would could be seeing the following factions getting battletomes within the next year:
nurgle rotbringers combined with nurgle daemons (strong rumors that this is coming)
clan verminus
deathrattle (strong rumors that this is coming)
moonclan grots
gutbusters
gitmob grots
greenskinz

Interestingly, Liche Priests can still buff Morghasts

Aren't Sylvaneth and Beastclaws just reimaginings of older models?

Sylvaneth got AOS only models too, don't know about beastclaws

But pestilens is stronger than ever now that we can take skryre allies. That's two WLC, or some stormfiends and an engi or drill. Hellpit is also pretty dank. Plus even without the clawpack, our allegiance abilities and our crazy murder monks make us really good.

It is fun. The faction choice is a bit iffy but not as bad as people make it out to be. Unless you are interested in death each other faction has a good choice of battletomes.

If you are interested in the game the best thing to do is go to a local shop that plays the game (best bet of course are warfare shops) and ask if someone can show you the ropes or give you an intro game.

>is this even fun?
Fun is subjective. There is a growing AoS presense and community in the market, and a lot more people are reporting it's fun. But some players say it's borning and shallow. Depends on what you are looking for. Try it out and make up your own mind.
>It seems like a world with no setting
Now you're just listening to the shitposters. There is definitely a setting an world(s). It is constantly getting developed and explored. It just needs to catch up to 30 years of history of the old world that most people are comparing it to.
>the only armies that have gotten new models are stormcast, dwarves, stormcast, dwarves and stormcast, it just looks painful to get into.
More have gotten stuff, but if it seems painful, then don't. Nobody is forcing you to play. But if there seems to be a cool community growing in your area, then give it a shot. Otherwise don't worry about it.

>nurgle rotbringers combined with nurgle daemons (strong rumors that this is coming)
Aren't Putrid Blightkings a nurgle battleline now instead of mortal nurgle?

So everything that doesn't have a battletome and wasn't released after AOS launched is now officially worthless garbage and GW isn't even pretending to give a shit about it anymore?

-asking for a friend

Couldn't you just use his GH1 points if you were that determined? Since the names match?

Wish they'd make plague censer bearers useful. Any word on if there's a warscroll update for them?

How about a nerf for thundertusks?

As before, tournaments and events are going to list specifically you must use the latest points AND warscroll versions. I don't see that loophole flying with any TO

No, just everything that isnt sold anymore has had their playability neutered
And rightfully so

No, not as such, but quite a few armies that took both old and new stuff got the shaft.

Depends

Some like Bretonnia are barely different than they were previously

Others are in a worse situation

The main downside is that compendium units no longer share a specific sub faction keyword with an existing faction

So bretonnians are no longer Free Peoples, they are just Order, which means they can only take the Order battle trait, general abilities and artifacts

No

Not at all

Why rightfully so? Are you really that much of faggot you don't think that people should use their collection? Or are you someone who treats their army like a disposable magic deck?

you can still use it, you just cant get the new faction specific bonuses

stop being a faggot that jumps to conclusions

Only the stuff that went out of sale when AoS dropped. The big nerfs are not applied to anythign still sold right now.

Okay but outside of tournaments? I've never done tournaments nor has anyone I've ever known in this hobby.

To be clear I don't run compendium shit. I'm just curious.

Place your bets kiddos:

Are regular non pestilens/skryre rats getting the shaft? Or are we going to get a skaven battletome anytime soon? Will Goku and his friends defeat the evil Freezer? Find out next time on GW Prunes the Tree!

Outside of tournaments it is and always will be do whatever you want as long as it's cool with your opponent. Nobody gives a shit about anything outside of tournaments because it is literally 'anything goes'. All this discussion relates to any form of organized play.

Verminus has a lot of warscrolls, so they may be getting a tome soon. See

Nah, GW nerfed Verminus and Moulder with GHB17. Actually, if you are not playing skryre/pestilens you are fucked hard as a rat player

But with so many other models and synergy, I'd be surprised if gw didn't put all non pestilens (and maybe pestilens) skaven into a single battletome.

Well, I was hoping for a Dispossessed Allies box for my Kharadron Overlords, but seeing the last thread, now I doubt that will happen

>handbook link isn't for the 2017 one
thanks a million

They werent even that stronk anyway, they got fucked in any kind of melee.

Now its age of melee and shooting aint allowed.

>Verminus has a lot of warscrolls
What? They literally have clanrats, stormvermin, warlord and a Warbringer - great fuckin base for a battletome faction. No machines, no behemots and now no useful abilities
Tell me about this synergy user. Will you use verminus or moulder as your main force? No? What a suprise. With no crown of conquest and lord of war there is no point in using warlord and clanrats

It's not even released yet. If you have the pdf or epub feel free to post it here

I said all skaven you twat. Moulder and Eshin are ally clans. Include them and skryre in there too and you have a fuck load of models

General skaven is a faction about mixing. I wouldn't be surprised if verminus got an ability that lets them have extra allies. Quit sperging out just because you got your fat ass toasted by warpfire a few times.

Whats a nice way of playing Kharadron overlords?

I have had a few 1000pt games and the frigate seems a tad overpriced.

So Veeky Forums
Im bordering on making a mixed grot force with mainly spider-fangs, wolf riders and gitmobs, also planning on 2 Arachnaroks, does this sound like a fun army to play? And would it be any good in-game?

Actually, an extra 200 or 100 ally points would be pretty good for the rats IMO

I wouldn't be surprised if Verminus got something like the basic Strength in Numbers, and then a rule allowing them to take more points in allies for matched play (as long as they're Skaven), allowing them to benefit from the Strength in Numbers rules as well. It's somewhat doubtful that GW is going to give up on a united Skaven faction.

>assblasted

>Quit sperging out just because you got your fat ass toasted by warpfire a few times.
user, but I'm skryre player. With chaos allegiance abilities skaven are nothing about mixing at all. You have to pick skryre or pestilens because verminus are shit as fuck without CoC and LoW and moulder are a joke. You will not pick verminus as your allies because why would you do that? To spam the board with unbuffed rats? The times of clanrats used as battleline have gone for a long while and you know it - why building a mixed list with clanrats as universal battleline if you can play mono-skryre or mono-pestilens?

Samefagging cunt

I care, I had a huge army of dwarfs from WHFB, and this sucks really hard. Guess I'll just use the old rules.

This is why you play armies that:
1. You like the models
2. You like the fluff
3. You like the strength/lists
in that order.

This way if your dudes get nerfed you don't care as much. I was playing brayherds since the AoS release and they were total shit. I still had fun because muh doods.

That's my point. GW gave regular rats a section in path to glory. They may bring all the non pestilens clans and masterclan together to make them playable. Otherwise its bad for business to just drop support for a popular faction that's relevant in the fluff.

The nerfs they got were mostly understandable. The Thunderer nerf was a bit much, but making Khemist stacking impossible is fair, as is making the Drill Cannon a bit weaker.

They could have let the Gunhaulers Drillcannon keep its 3 wounds though. I mean, 3 wounds at 24 is hardly going to make that thing overpowered.

Mah nigga
+10 internets for you
Also, waacing and comp. play is the cnacer that ruins warhammer.

kneegrow, you can counts-as anything from the old dwarves into dispossessed.

I kinda like Thunderers nerf. Since it means I dont have to buy 5 boxes to get 5 of the same weapon

And I kinda like how the weapons buff one another.

And Khemist nerf was needed, it was too much for just 100pts

It's just an incredibly obvious idea, user. Especially in the wake of Total Warhammer 2.

YES

People like you is why I love wargaming.

Good man user. There's this one dude at my shop who has a completely converted tzeentch SoD army that he's been using for ages. Each model is beautifully converted to reflect tzeentch, whether it be the horrifically mutated gargant, or the sorcerers with birds spiralling around them. It's probably the best army I've seen in person to date.
I myself was brought into the hobby by vermintide last year, a week before pestilens dropped. So now, even though I usually get raped by beastclaw at 1000 points, I still love my rats.

I have always been saying this. I will always say it.

This is the right attitude when it comes to wargaming.

Pick what is cool and what aesthetics and hobby aspect appeals to you the most.

Competitiveness comes later.

How do you think all the 40k Ork players are feeling now for sticking with orks this whole time?

I'm kind of surprised Free guilds haven't gotten spoiled yet, unless they have and I just haven't seen them yet

I know, but aren't the new rules shafting dispossessed? People in here are saying they removed the keyword and aura effects are gone.

>WAAC in a dice gaem

Also this is what happened to me on one occasion.
>Playing muh beastmen at the club like usual
>DoT player wants to play because he's never played against beastmangs. I never played him before
>Ok my man
>Tables me by turn 2
>Ha I won!
>Yup GG, nice army
>Played with my regular friend, who is also a WAAC fag but he has some fun silly lists that he likes to play against me
>Me and friend have 2 more games while DoT player does nothing

I don't mind WAAC but a lot of those guys also have silly lists or other armies that aren't as strong. If you know you are playing a weaker army or a noob, loosen up.

No, it's only for stuff that DID NOT become dispossessed, look in the AOS app and see the stuff that's still under Dwarves. That's the compendium stuff

>rage quitting before seeing the rules yourself

free people were spoiled already

read the past threads

How many threads back are we talking? They're not in the spoiler compilation pdf

Yeah, I'm fuckin mad. I feel sorry for all these people that will have to buy 3 pestilens start collectings or 3 boxes of stormfiends just to play skaven because their current lists are unplayable.
There are few skaven players at my LGS and I'm sure that at least one of them will drop the game if we don't let him use old chaos allegiance abilities - he was scraping together every penny to buy spire of dawn boxes and the pestilens SC for machines. Now the backbone of his army - clanrats and warlords - are useless. I know there are a lot of budget players with similar lists - they were easy to run, cheap to buy and fun to play. GW literally killed most of the newbies skaven armies with chaos abilities nerf.
I'm the lucky one - I bought stormfiends because I find them look neat as models and reorganised my list but I'm broke now. If I wouldn't buy them 2 months ago I would be fucked and stuck with an useless list for next few months like him.
>inb4 it's not a hobby for poorfags
It's a hobby for everyone as long as you have same budget as your opponents.

>spoonfeed pls ;_;

Here you go.

>useless
This is the ideal skaven.
You may not like it but this is what squeak performance looks like.