Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

New Deathguard artwork and Tau get rekted edition.

>Death Guard preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/22/codex-death-guard-first-lookgw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos finally got ONE
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for Slaanesh!

Second for house greyjoy!

Is Mortarion one of the least accomplished primarchs pre and post heresy?

So. I just got my Space Marine Termie-Captain in and I need to Grey Knight him up. What weapon should I arm him with(I have bits of all of them except a hammer)?

Third for da orkz!

House rules you've added to bring back a semblance of strategy and balance into 8E?

Here are mine

>Vehicles have -1 to save from their rear arc. Land Raiders & any vehicle that previously had AV 14 rear is exempt from this.
>If any model is 50% obscured from the position of the firing model it gains a cover save of +1.
>Units without the fly special rules moving through cover roll 2d6 to advance and pick the lowest.
>no first turn deep striking allowed(either side)
>No first turn charging allowed (either side)
>Weapon skill values are compared like strength and toughness and you hit based on that value. So WS 3 against WS 4 hits on a 5 but 4 hits 3 on a 3. WS 10 hits WS 5 on a 2 and WS 5 hits back on a 6. This makes units with high WAS actually good again.
>First turn is a roll off with whoever placed all their units first gaining +1 to the roll (as per upcoming chapter approved)
>Night fighting is enforced for the first turn, so -1 to hit with ranged weapons beyond 12" for all units.
>No first blood in any mission
>If a unit fails a morale check and is within 1" of an enemy model both players roll off, if the player whose unit failed the morale check loses the roll off their entire unit is run down and removed from play.
>Special characters and super heavies can only be used with your opponents express permission.
>3 formation limit

Working on further rules for alternate unit activation, a system of pinning units and more in-depth morale.

Now terrain and positioning matter again , morale matters more and the game isn't decided by who goes first. No need to thank me.

How are shining spears now?

>Champion of Nurgle turns out to be less motivated

You shouldn't be shocked

Actually I do have a Hammer. I'll be chopping off Voldus's hammer because he's going into a Dreadknight.

I'll tell ya in about a hour. About to read the new Mortarion story. There really isn't much lore on his more personal acts, just a vague outsider viewpoint.

So your houserules are 'I miss 7e but my friends all play 8e'?

Anyone have a guide on what current paint colors used to be called? Thanks to a spill, I'm running low on Vermin Brown.

>Weapon skill values are compared like strength and toughness and you hit based on that value. So WS 3 against WS 4 hits on a 5 but 4 hits 3 on a 3. WS 10 hits WS 5 on a 2 and WS 5 hits back on a 6. This makes units with high WAS actually good again.

But units don't HAVE WS values any more besides the 3+/2+ etc.

FLASHING
FEAR ITS NAME
SLASHING
FEEL THE PAIN

>No need to thank me
dont flatter yourself 7th was more balanced than you house rule crap.

How viable are chaos daemons in 8th? Thinking about running an heretic army next, AdMech is complete soon.

Additionally, I like the summoning rules, are they any good? It sounds just awesome to summon daemons to fill currently needed roles.

Anyone got experience with those?

Anyone? Looking for what option would best suit a Brother Captain on the table.

Lol

love it

literally the first result on google leads to dakka dakka compatibilitly chart

Fuck I wish we knew what was happening for the primaris line, I wanna see jet bikes god damn it.

point taken :(

Just wait for their codex man. Right now they're not very mobile and will struggle in even semi-competitive metas.

He destroyed a SoB system by directing a Nurflite Ork warband at it.

He besieged another system but was stoppeed by Draigo right after he slaughtered the previous Grand Master.

He is now leading an all out assault on Ultramar having esblished a foothold in it called the Scourge Stars.

Lorgar and Fulgrim are the least accomplished. With Fulgrim only managing to wound Girlyman and then doing nothing else, and Lorgar locking himself in excile for 10K years.

Didn't Mortarion flee from Gulliman at the Scourge Stars?

>glue
>40.00

Mortarion is also a little bitch and typhus BTFO of him. He's a little dork of a primarch, and Leman Russ probably stole his lunch money everyday.

Fulgrim killed Ferrus Manus and Lorgar had a huge impact on the setting by introducing both the Imperial Cult and Primordial Truth.

No.

The Rift Wars were about to start so Nurgle recalled all the Nurglite forces in Ultramar for the grand pissing contest between the gods. Mort was forced by his god's order to retreat to the Scourge Stars and defend Nurgle's holding from the greedy hands of his fellow gods.

The Rift War has been settled now Morty is free to pursue his chosen agenda of destroying Ultramar.

A lot better than the 7 bucks I pay for mine.

We are talking Post-HH.

Thats 40kr, which means its in the 5-7$ range, depending if its danish or swedish

>Nurgle conquers 3 systems
>Noxias
>Rottgrave
>Verminox

Fuck, please stop it GW. Too on the nose.

What is dead may never die

So it's pretty much a guarantee that Chaos will win the 2 remaining planets? Also, are CSM finally worth a shit?

Oh, then ya. Praying and partying for 10,000 years.

Git gud scrub

Uhhh...wrong guy you replied to?

Asking again cause I'm fuckin' stumped

RENEGADE CSM

Battalion Detachment

HQ: Daemon Prince of Khorne w/ Daemonic Axe = 170
HQ: Chaos Lord on Bike w/ Murder Sword (paid for power sword, replaces pistol) = 117

Troops: 20x Cultists w/ Autopistol/Brutal assault weapon = 80
2x Troops: 5x Chaos Marines w/ flamer = 74 each, 148

Elites: 10x Berzerkers w/ 9 Chainaxes (replaces pistols), 2x LCs (Champion) and Icon of Wrath = 191
Elites: 5x Chaos Terminators w/ combi-flamers/lightning claws = 250

Heavy Support: 3x Obliterators = 195
Heavy Support: Land Raider = 356

Dedicated Transport: Rhino = 72

Supreme Command Detachment

HQ: Exalted Champion w/ Powerfist (replaces chainsword) = 82
HQ: Terminator Sorcerer w/ Combi-Melta = 173

Got another Termie Lord to finish the Command squad but don't know how to equip him. Judging by the firepower I have in this list, what would you recommend? Only rule is something that takes advantage of the renegade trait, so Assault guns and CC weapons preferred. Intoxicating Elixir possible.

I brought this up before, the consensus was that they get renamed appropriate names.

That's what it was renamed, not what they were originally called.

I found this fine sculpts made from finecast.
Beside objective markers any idea on what to use them?

Post your picture and people guess what you play.

I'll start.

bits for Deldar boats

No.

Sob

anyone

You play with my benis

Dark Eldar slaves. T'au Human Forces captured loyal Imperial slaves for a Commander? Slaanesh Champion slaves. SoB Repentia?

>qt posing with a Chadmarine
When will marinelets ever learn?

Beauty filter

Ku'Gath was downright hilarious.

By the way I play Witch Hunters and I'm trying to make a Penitente Knight.
Basically add a Penitent Engine pilot to the Knight face when using a melee variant

Tactical question
which choice would be better:
>master of ordnance beside my two basilisks for the once per game arty bombardment and reroll 1's
>Priest, giving +1 attacks to my 36 kriegers (which would work in tandem to the regimental standard giving 3 attacks for each guardsmen)

Not a sick tongue. Your disappointing me slaanesh. Dark Eldar +1.

>dat bat necklace

Fluff wise in regard to Scouts; what makes them quiet ? what makes them a good infiltration unit ?
Reading some Ragnar books he remarks that the marine armor is heavy and crushes the ground underneath it, leaves huge crater's of footprints etc. Even removing some plates surely the weight of the marine and the servo's on them are going to be making a fuck load of noise.

ordinance, because everyone knows that's the only god you should trust on a battlefield

Scouts wear guardsman armor. No servers, just large man.

Scouts don't wear power armor.

>Using a sprue piece as a mast.
I love it!

Yeah he's cool. But that has nothing to do with morty being a fucking dweeb.

are those from some aftermarket company? I must know
and no idea how good they are, figured GW has pretty much squatted them, seeing as the old kit only works with the oop jetbikes. Plus no eldar dex yet.

Are company veterans good?

I like that the rules are basically "equip them with whatever you want aside from heavy weapons"

Mix and match shooty and choppy and whatever

I would assume the power armor has some sort of operating noise just from the power pack

Since scouts don't have power armor, no operating noise

Elixir goes on the DP, preferably with talons.

>no servers

get the fuck out of here magos

>[reeeeeees in binary]

SoB use power armour for scouting.
Since they allow faster movement.

Isnt the carapace with the servo connections drilled into their flesh ?

>destroyed SoB
This isn't an accomplishment. They exist exclusively to job for GW.

That is really cool, well done.

I'm not sure if scouts have the black carapace put in yet, isn't it the last thing you get before becoming a full space muhrine?

Mind you, the profile for a SOB in power armour is smaller than a marine in carapace armour. The advantages to not being a hulking meat monster in that area.

That is basically SoB lore.
Oddly enough thanks to GW incompetence SoB are rather good glass cannon army.

t. SoB player

>tldr
>autist hates change and tries to make 8th suck like the worst edition of 40k ever printed

The wonders of being 'Elite enough to not a generic foe' but not actually being a marine.

Oddly enough, SOB seem like they'd be one of the best factions for taking on Nurgle demons. They have literal healing miracles and hospitalers are some of the best doctors in the Imperium.

Never seen them played, but they look solid.

The black carapace is an organic shell that allows your power armor to "plug in" to you and allows you to directly interface with the armor's machine spirit. There are no moving parts or noises associated with it.

Fulgrim killed girlyman the first time around.

Depends on the chapter, Wolves use old marines to scout because of their battlefield knowledge and heightened scenes.

>Oddly enough thanks to GW incompetence SoB are rather good glass cannon army.

>Oh, I haven't got any new tanks?
>Well neither do you now.

He's (ironically) one of the more active primarchs post heresy.

I wouldn't really call him successful, but that's arguably his most endearing trait. Dude fucks up constantly. Feels like a real character almost, rather than a self righteous hot air balloon.

I'm not sure, warseer is a nightmare to traverse when the jpg are always fucking links..

noice

actually very good. I've played them for 4 games now and they've made back points in every single one, but a conceal warlock goes a LONG way to helping them survive to hit target.

one of the better uses for a squad of 5 is to pop a weakened transport with shooting, then charge the contents and likely remove them outright.

I've run them with a lance autarch once, and while expensive, that combination was a wrecking ball.

if you want to kitbash some easily, just get the windrider bikes and then some of the Dark Elf Cold One Knights or HE Dragon Blades, the arm socket is the same once you carve out the tab on the inside of the torso socket.

it helps that I use pic related as a DISTRACTION CARNIFEX and land raider removal device.

You don't play and just found some chicks picture online trying to get (you)s

Friend of mine is looking to start Orks, the guy is pretty into the idea of looted stuff. I know they don't have much of that going on at the moment, but I'd like to be able to point him towards some conversions, what can you do with leman russes, predators, and rhinos?

>I can relate to failures.

There's nothing more pathetic than a heretic.

Yup. The Warmasons Cult had SoB shooting point blant en masse against Iron Warriors and not even scratching the paint but single return shots were OHKO. Which is odd. The crunch says they have the same save but Marines have Black Carapace which makes them tougher in crunch. Which is fine.

In Shroud of Night, they job heavily as well against the protags, but they at least manage to kill some of them or severely injure them. Celestine being able to 'tire' is, however, fluff too far to me. Couldn't you have just had her not be able to keep up with a blood mad Kharn rather than have her 'tire'. I mean she knew she was dying and she let the Alpha Legion go to help the Imperium (in a way anyway, it's ambiguous), it would have been better having her know she'd never beat Kharn but realising she can't hold him off forever and it's all about time, rather than becoming tired. She's a god imbued divine being; sure she had just killed a Keeper of Secrets which was making the other SoB wet but shouldn't really matter.

Anyway, point is, SoB are used when having Marines die easily just won't sell. Once upon a time it was just pure ryona fetish, now it's a way of making protag/antags 'powerful' without diminishing the power of their main sellers (Space Marines).

That's literally been their story since the white dwarfs because, guess what, they've poorly copied everything since the white dwarf. The WD pamphlet got shit on, but it wasn't actually that bad. I had plenty of great games with it, and and even managed to beat a leaf blower in a tournament (placed 7th out of 65).

You can fit 4 squads with 5 Meltagun Dominions in 4 Repressors. Under 1000 points.
All moving 24"+D6" turn one.

Meltaguns are magical for SoB, beside SB spam in Battle Sister Squads there is little reason to get anything else

its worse, they're just stolen from reddit frontpage. not even low effort meming, just no effort shitposting for (you)s