D&D always has its own thread when it is vastly inferior to Tunnels and Trolls. So let's talk about Tunnels and Trolls

D&D always has its own thread when it is vastly inferior to Tunnels and Trolls. So let's talk about Tunnels and Trolls.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gCjRvgGIuXg
mediafire.com/folder/wq2k0r1bqesqt/RPG_Trove#ib43urfbi8r8b
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think your dead thread might prove why you're wrong.

Popular = better.
You are not thinking at all.

Never heard of it. What does it do? Why is it good?

Sell me on it, OP. Why should I play this instead of D&D?

Is this a troll thread?

Does anyone have a system which matches monster MR to player level?

Or says how to create a good challenge for players based on MR?

Simplistic mechanics with dramatic effect, Players create more diverse characters with customized talents. So much more but I will let this video explain it:
youtu.be/gCjRvgGIuXg

>this is simpler than 5e
Monster rating is retarded because it can be simplified by just doing the math ahead of time. The idea of 'encounter value' is interesting, but overall it feels like it falls flat. Lumping players and monsters into dice pools then narrating what happens via GM agency with a mind for player experience also seems nice, but isn't any better than what we already have. Selling it on 'theater of mind' is bunk too because most TTRPGs can be played that way with no issue.

Both of you play nice and enjoy yourselves!

>>simplified by doing the math ahead of time

That's just it, both D&D and T&T achieve the same effect it's just that T&T does it in a fraction of the time. I find D&D combat drags out way more than it needs.

If you like it, that's fine man. I find the game puts too much impetus on narrative and removes player agency with the base mechanics. The fact that it has to delve into additional rules to compensate means that overall it isn't any better or faster, in my mind. At least not to the degree necessary to really stand apart.

I'd play it if someone offered to run it but per that video I'm not really sold, sorry.

I wet em, thanks

>play it with my family
>hurr Jesus; the covenant in the bible
>the bible says to whip muh kids

Why on earth would I ever take the advice of such an obviously uneducated and regressive, ultra-low-income, ultra-low intellect, yokel?

Yes, of course this is a troll thread. A Tunnels and Troll thread.

Thank you. Thank you. I'll see my way out.

Unpopular = hidden gem suppressed by ignorant masses

It's obviously all the rest of the population that isn't thinking.

How about posting a link so I can read it and know what you're talking about

>>needs to be spoon fed
>> thinks his gaming circles and Veeky Forums is the be-all and end-all of tabletop gaming

Yo should actually try the game so you can have an educated assessment. You don't have to embarrass yourself in telling people you probably won't enjoy it, because it's not popular enough.

mediafire.com/folder/wq2k0r1bqesqt/RPG_Trove#ib43urfbi8r8b

Start with 5th Edition and go through the solo books, they're great.

If you can't get anyone to play T&T with you it hardly matters if it's (subjectively) better. I've been gaming since 1988. T&T is not even widely known outside of the very 1st generation of rpg'ers.

For a thread this empty, there seems to be a lot of shit-flinging and very little worthwhile discussion (as is Veeky Forums tradition, it seems). That being said, here's how I do it:

Generally speaking, I MR match by a rough formula that really only exists in my head, and I'll do my best to make it comprehensible. I usually go off the suggestion in the 1977 fourth edition book that a level two warrior is equivalent to an MR of 40, give or take five. So, if a group of four level two delvers runs into 2d6 hobgoblins on a Wandering Monster roll, the hobgoblins will range from MR 70 to MR 15 each, depending on how many there are, how tough I want the fight to be (let's face it, dice pools get a little tedious after awhile), and the state of the party. Additionally, I follow the suggestion that MRs increase at lower levels of the dungeon. So, if that same encounter were to take place on the second level of the dungeon, the hobgoblins may range from MR 90 to 35 each.

It's all entirely arbitrary and what I just said probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but that's how I do it.