Welcome to Nobledark Imperium: a relatively light fan rewrite of the Warhammer 40,000 universe...

Welcome to Nobledark Imperium: a relatively light fan rewrite of the Warhammer 40,000 universe, with a generous helping of competence and common sense.

PREVIOUS THREAD:
→ #

Wiki (HELP NEEDED!):
1d4chan.org/wiki/Nobledark_Imperium
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Nobledark_Imperium
1d4chan.org/wiki/Nobledark_Imperium_Notes

THREAD FOCUS:
>Characterizing the players of the Dark Millenium?
>Boaz "200% Ahab" Kryptman finds exciting new toxins on Savlar
>Fleshing out of the faiths?
>Is anyone doing Praetoria...? (we still really need more on the world of tea and crumpets(and sexy nuns))
>Chaos Orks at the heads of precarious WAAAAAAGH!!!!!s getting smacked down by Ghazghkull
>The Bloodpact and other Chaos realms, and the little whiny Tzarina that made it (so sayeth Magnus)

>Still need to finish Dorn, Fulgrim, Lion, and Angron among the primarchs
>Dornfag has given up but left notes in the 1d4chan page
>We're desperate for proper writeups of old stuff, and both from notes and archived threads
>More Croneldar/Chaos Ork/CSM stuff?

And, as always:
>More bugs
>More weebs
>More Nobledark battles

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Nobledark_Imperium_Notable_Planets#Stillness
1d4chan.org/wiki/Nobledark_Imperium_Notable_Planets#Old_Earth
youtube.com/watch?v=3at_Ev2kOoI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've started trying to fill out the Old Earth section of the Notable Planets.

Is it looking acceptable so far?

Also what are the big features of Old Earth that need to be mentioned?

Its getting increasingly close to being a shellworld as layers of infrastructure are added, though it isn't a non-euclidian clusterfuck like the Shaa-Dome

And what of landmarks and shit?

FIRST IMAGE FOR THIS THREAD

Are there any chapters that recruit from Old Earth?

Is it just the IFs who have that honour of is it an everyone gets a slice deal? Or if the chapters are nowhere near as autonomous, for the most part, is it the case that none of them do anymore?

>from a previous thread

We know that the Navigators all fucked off some centuries previously to the Jovian Orbitals for privacy.

There is the Hall of the Astronimican under the Himalayas.

There is the spire of the Imperial Palace in the great city of Moskgród (presumably once called Moscow).

There is the tomb of Sanguinius still standing by the river.

The Hall of Justice of the Adeptus Arbiters

It's safe to bet that the Administratum is less centralized so won't need an office building the size of a large Hive to function, that could be what the Imperial Palace mostly is.

What else is there? If we are allowed to make additions that fit the fluff?

Given the increased prevalence of shit like orbital tethers I'm going to put forth that Old Earth has The Daisy Chain. No that is not it's official High Gothic name, it's just what everyone calls it.

The equator of Old Earth has orbital tethers at regular intervals all the way around it, each one having a substantial station and dockyard at the top, each a lesser hive city in their own right. The usual way they have grown has been to start by dragging an chunk of space rock into geosynchronous orbit and building from there. Usually this involves building out sideways in wings making the whole thing look like a giant metallic flower from a distance. The stations are connected to each other by a high speed rail line going between them in an unbroken hoop encircling the globe at over 22 thousand miles altitude.

Population of the Daisy Chain is estimated to be in the hundred billion range, though it is not a static population. Each Daisy is a nation unto itself and a vibrant hub of trade and commerce, seen as the gateway towns to Old Earth itself. Typically ships and shuttles no longer actually land on Old Earth any more as even with a minimal gate toll the tethers are cheaper.

The Daisy Chain is as close to Old Earth as Xenos are allowed to legally get without a permit.

Technically, we don't have a Praetorian of Terran in this AU, Dorn being the Praetorian of his... ice-world sector already. And as Terra in this AU is not only the capital of the Imperium, the theoratically permanent seat of rulership and the pantheon of Isha, but also a massive psyker institution of Prosperean escaping the invasion of prospero. Thus, many accepted (aka not douchbags or managed to have enough friends) chapters recruit at least a good part of their Librarians from Terra, with the Thousand sons, Grey Knights and their successors taking up a rather large dibs.

>The Daisy Chain
I remember that discussion, I'm all for it

The peoples of Earth, although having per head of the population more psykers than anywhere else in the Imperium and more overall psykers also, is still very much predominantly mundane. Most worlds are considered freakishly psychic if they produce a minor or latent psychic at 1 in 1,000 with something usable at 1 in 10,000.

Old Earth accepted a lot of Prosperean refugees early on in in it's imperial history. Billions at the very least, possible tens of billions. Every one of them to the last man, woman and child being an active psyker, though most of them of minor capability.

Now add to that that the Black Ships all converge on Old Earth and for every psyker that goes home there is another that can't or refuses to for fear of the mob or because they have made a life for themselves on Old Earth.

The great psyker training institutions could very easily have been moved from Old Earth and distributed evenly across the galaxy, it would have been all the more efficient from a purely training point of view.

But training is not the only reason for the current set up. Also take into account that the Psi gift is at least partially genetic and inheritable. The Imperium generally doesn't go in for the hard breeding programs if it has an option not to but there is no harm in encouraging and creating opportunities for young psychics to meet more of their own kind and for preference pair up with each other and start a family.

So Earth's population, over the long march of generations, is becoming more and more psychic. Earth is the main breeding ground for psykers and psychic talent is one of it's exports and although in some future time the ratio may switch over to psychics being the majority it is a long way off.

Grey Knights only recruit psykers, so Old Earth would be their primary recruitment ground but they refuse to allow Mundanes into their ranks all of whom are fair game for the other chapters.

Also the Mk3S geneseed is more demanding than the Mk3MP geneseed. A neophyte could go through all the training and the S geneseed just not take to his flesh, but the MP would. This means that he would never be allowed into the ranks of the Knights of Titan but it does mean that he can be transferred to a different chapter as a show of good will between brothers in the Long War.

Although this does raise the question of why the Imperium has not created a similar thing for the Pariah's given how useful they are and how obvious an idea it is.

In Vanilla the moon of Mars Deimos was transported to orbit of Titan to be the personal forge of the Grey Knights and then all information on it destroyed so that they could maintain absolute secrecy. In this AU the Grey Knights have gone the road of Full Inspiration and march to war openly in gleaming silver armour. There are state subsidised films about them being badass for example. Grey Knights get their fine ass shit from the peerless workshops of Mars itself.

Deimos in this Noble Darkness could be still a highly secretive place for the Imperium. It is still in orbit of Mars, you can see it from the surface once you get above the snog and the light pollution. And you can see the lights of the settlements. But what goes on there is not for you to know.

It is the "homeworld" of the Pariah People. You don't want to visit there.

Most Pariah's in active service to the Imperium are raised there, the ones discovered outside it's bounds typically move there to be with the only people not instinctively repulsed by them.

Have their ever been any Tau visiting Old Earth on a state visit?

It would be a perception shattering event if there was, their entire Empire and all it's inhabitants would fit on that one world with room to spare and that without even touching the orbitals.

It would dispel, at least for that visitor, and lingering doubts about the scale of thing and their tiny, tiny place in it,

I remember that there was a description of Old Earth in one of the previous threads. It was discarded for it having reference to the old nations still existing. If I try and clear that up would there be objections to using that as the base for the Old Earth section?

sounds like a good base

I'm down for the Deimos pariah colony. Sounds useful, and something about it gives a Man in the Iron Mask/Count of Monte Cristo vibe that works well in the setting

It would not be a prison. They can leave any time they want so long as they take a vow of secrecy and can be trusted to keep it. They are not abducted to end up there.

When their condition is discovered they are invited, beggar or outcast prince, to visit Deimos. Most stay or return not long later, it is the only place in the galaxy where nobody is disgusted by them for what they are.

>They can leave any time they want so long as they take a vow of secrecy and can be trusted to keep it
>They are invited, beggar or outcast prince, to visit Deimos. Most stay or return not long later
Sounds good, and its still giving me Alexander Dumas vibes. Maybe Man in the Iron Mask is inapt, but still, dumas is the vibe I'm getting.

How deep can the digging into Earth's crust go before things like pressure squeezes tunnels closed?

Would increased air pressure at those depths make it difficult to breathe?

Are the Admech still around? If So, I would love to help.

AdMech are the least altered faction from the original, more or less. They are slightly less bastardy but more because they know that they will get into at least some trouble if they goo too far. But they also know that they will never get into too much trouble because they still have an 80 - 90% omni-industrial monopoly.

Which is not to say that the AdMech are united in this AU. Much as in Vanilla they are a cantankerous collection of brotherhoods many of which have been feuding for thousands of years. Unlike Vanilla the cracks are slightly less well hidden to outsiders.

Mars was unified during the early days of the Sol Unification, when the unification made it off of Old Earth and out into the rest of the Solar System. Essentially Olympus Mons Brotherhood were the biggest and strongest and took the fuck over and slapped anyone who got uppity. They carried this attitude out into the Great Crusade and slapped into line any brotherhood that wouldn't willingly step into line with Mars.

There are AdMech brotherhoods that do not follow Mars. Savlar Brotherhood, Strogg of Stillness and Hubworlder Engineers (squats) are all Omnissiah worshipers that despise Mars for example.

>Strogg of Stillness

Uh, remind me what that is?

How much has been done on the orkbliterators? Are they separated by chaos god or are they orkbliterators undivided?

1d4chan.org/wiki/Nobledark_Imperium_Notable_Planets#Stillness

AdMech Explorator Magos by the name of Strogg finds a world that could make a good agri-world for his home forgeworld. Strogg and the Mechanicus hierarchy are having a bitter falling out.

Discovers that it is inhabited by surviving underground fortified Valt-Tec style city left over from the Dark Age.

Eventually discovers a Dark Age A.I. running the place. Sadly it's the equivalent of a Dark Age Tickle Me Elmo so it doesn't contain much in terms of the wonders of the ancients.

A.I. and Strogg come to an agreement and apply for membership in the Imperium under the direct Aegis and Authority of Old Earth rather than as a Survivor Civilization because Mars won't risk nuking a direct protectorate of The Throne.

Spend thousands of years annoying Mars by existing just beyond their reach.

Emperor finds out about Elmo, decides to not tell AdMech.

Not much. They would be as rare as they are dangerous and we know they are dangerous because they killed the last Primarch.

Cyborks are not the most common thing as it requires a Mek of both skill and attention span. And it requires them to be Chaos Orks which are also not the most common thing.

Oblitorators don't seem to need to adhere to any particular chaos god although it probably does have some connection to the Soul Forge as it is technological in nature.

Also Old Earth is done for now

1d4chan.org/wiki/Nobledark_Imperium_Notable_Planets#Old_Earth

Is it acceptable? If not what should I do to get it to acceptable?

Bu!p

Do orks sleep?

Given the rarity and continued rarity of Paraihs how many, roughly would there be on that moon

I would estimate, assuming the Imperium is attempting to concentrate them, possibly seventy to eighty million? They're supposed to be rare. And I imagine there are concerns about concentrating this much anti psykery near the Astronomicon. No problems, yet. But the possibility is there.

just like our 1d4 pages?

It's possible nobody back home would believe him

There is also the question of how often they breed true.

A mundane child would probably be driven psychotic growing up in a high Pariah environment.

This.

Given their rarity and how much hostility they get from the rest of Humanity in Vanilla, Pariah seldom breed, let alone breed with one another.

Carrying the gene isn't enough : it has to be active and we don't know how easily the Pariah gene can get activated.
It might be as easy as blue eyes manifesting, with both parents at least carrying the gene and transmitting it, hence between 25% and 100% chances of activation.
Or it might be more complicated, with a Pariah needing more than just a single specific gene activated, hence the smaller chance even if two full Pariah had a child.

If it was very simple to just breed Pariah, the Culexus temple would have set up its own private breeding house for centuries.

I would say that they are more likely to breed with each other than their numbers and random chance would suggest based on the fact that they don't seem to instinctively repel each other like they do to the normals.

Do cyborks dream of electrik squigz?

So what is dwelling in those sunless seas and the dark tunnels about them?

Also that pic. It gives me the sad boner.

This just raises the question of what would happen to the normal children.

also thinking about it does Jubblowski ever get to be a mother to her children?

Is this a sad part of the Noble Darkness?

If the entire colony is Pariah then they would have to take them away. You know how in Harry Potter exposure to Hoarcrux fucked your brain up? I can imagine it being like that to be in the Pariah field day in day out for years. It would fuck them up royally and would have no love for their family. Taking them away, to be raised by the Schola Progenium, is the best option for all concerned.

As for Jubblowski? It is her burden as the Cadian Prophetess. But she would take some comfort knowing that they will be raised by royalty advised by the sisterhood.

What craftworlds need to be done next?

I have a question.

How intelligent is the Khine Avatar? Can it hold a conversation.

Are there eldar pariahs or is it a strictly human thing?

It can hold a very dull conversation about weapons, setting things on fire, or its victories

>mandrakes
is my guess. And vect nas the largest number in his employ. Its very important for maintaining Commorragh after the wedding.

Bumf

Hm. It's solid, but I'm not sure if that portrayal is too idyllic? Then again, Earth in this AU should be a legitimately decent place to live, so I can't quite put my finger on it.

I think there was mention that all the First Founding chapters can recruit from Old Earth, they rarely do. Mostly because Old Earth has the highest geneseed compatibility rate (the genesmiths and hippies and whatnot using Earthling as the "base" human genome) and the fact that the Imperium of Nobledark understands just as well as the Imperium of vanilla the importance of having the First Founding chapters around on morale.

There would have had to be. Tau want to be in the conference room making the big decisions and an ambassador on Old Earth is a necessary step for that. Just like the various Craftworlds, Survivor civs, Tarellians, etc. do.

Though I imagine the reports coming from the ambassador would sound ridiculous to the Ethereal Council. Something (ironically) like Marco Polo describing China.

In canon this was actually an issue. So many pariahs were brought back to Terra it started to dampen the Astronomican. Though it sounds like that number was at least in the thousands.

Unless otherwise noted, pariahs are due to Deciever and/or Necron (FUCK YOU ORIKAN) tampering with the human genome. Humans were ideal because they were belligerent and numerous while not being advanced enough to notice. Eldar would be wise to those kinds of tricks. Evolution seems to produce two mutually exclusive paths to dealing with the Warp: low warp presence (pariahs, Tau, Necrontyr, C'tan) or all psykers, all the time (some humans, Old Ones, Eldar, Hrud).

Haven't read the 1d4chan thing yet, but if we need to balance it out there is the fact that Earth is target number one for two of the three biggest threats to the Imperium (Necrons being more concerned with getting to Cadia first). So there's always the worry that the next invasion is going to turn into the War of the Beast and Siege of Old Earth 2.0. At least in Ultramar or somewhere similar you could theoretically survive a broken Imperium.

The Biel-Tan one recieved psychic contact from a member of the Stormwind and wouldn't stop talking about its "chariot".

Don't think that mandrakes are Pariahs.

Any invasion at the current day would need to be a lot bigger than even the Beast's invasion though. One thing this user got right is just how fortified Earth is by M41.999, designed by ol Perty with some help from Dorn to be one big ball of FUCK YOU to any future invaders. Thought that was a nice hive spire? Nope, it just transformed into a weapons battery that can shoot down ships in orbit.

Now add to that the fact they've had 10,000 years to fortify the rest of the system as well. We already know that Mars and Luna are heavily fortified, but the asteroid belt is probably fully weaponized too, with Ceres resembling an Imperial version of an ork Attack Planet and every other asteroid big enough mounted with cannons. Every smaller asteroid is mounted with simple cogitators and thrusters so that any invading fleet is swarmed by millions of high velocity asteroids. And we haven't even gotten to potential fortifications for Jupiter or Saturn.

It could be that they've even mounted massive warp drives to Pluto, and hidden it away inside the warp/webway (kind of like how Malcador hides Titan in the warp in canon) so that if any planet-size threat like the Beast's Attack Planet comes near Earth again they can launch an entire dwarf planet at it to blow it up.

Perty was insane but he was also a genius. He also wasn't an inherently bad person. Oscar told him to rebuild Earth. He tried to not only undo the victories of The Beast but make the world better.

I would argue that Perty was neither a good or a bad man. He was too mentally damaged for that to have any meaning. in his writefaggy story he considered himself a failure.

He was Prince of Macedonia and that realms designated defender. He claims that the big reason he was pro-Imperium was because The Great and Everlasting Thrakian Empire would always be safe if it was cocooned inside an Imperium friendly and willing to defend it.

Then it got set on fire and suffered 95% population depletion in WoTB. This sent him further over the edge and his instabilities cost him his job when the Warsmiths unanimously voted him out of the Legion because holy fuck. He had failed and was starving himself to death as a form of execution because he had failed at everything he had attempted.

When Oscar offered him the most senior position in the rebuilding of Earth he was doing it not entirely out of kindness, though that may have been there as well, he was doing it out of spite.

The Beast had broken Earth and therefore won. The Beast that had killed his nation. Perty was going to unbreak Earth and take away that win. He was going to unbreak Earth so fucking hard it would be not only as if it had never been broken but as if it could also never be broken. He would turn it into not just an impenetrable fortress that eats invaders but a fortress that people would love to live in.

Beast thought he had won? The orks and Chaos celebrate the desolation of his world? His nation? Bitch please, he would choke them on their festive cheer.

There victory would be fleeting and cost them high. His victory would be eternal and once those designs started being copied across thousands of more worlds the scope of it would be greater than they could imagine and every world made safe by his creations would be one more eternal victory for him and one more everlasting shame and defeat for them.

That's why he was happy when he died. He had done something unquestionably good that would undo all his fuck ups or at least make up for them and it had made people happy, few people had ever been happy with him before. This plus it was a last spiteful kick to the balls to the hateful universe, a kick to the balls that would never heal or stop hurting.

That's why he is celebrated across hundreds of worlds and that's why he is the Mad Architect.

Erebus refers to his Blackstone Fortress as his Chariot of the Gods. The Blackstone Fortresses were made by the Old Ones and given to the eldar. Khine is waiting for an Old One pimp waggon with his name on it.

There are two Talismans that people know of. The other is the Tomb of Horus.

The third that nobody knows of is being studied by the Tau who don't know what they have found and won't report it until they have something to report.

Any of these or one yet undiscovered would do as his war chariot. Given that their hearts dredge the warp for power Khine sitting in the command throne of a Talisman would give him a hell of a boost.

The other possibility is Nightbringer. Nightbringer back in the War in Heaven accidnetely infected Khine when they fought. Both cut the other to the bone with their blades and a bit of NBs silver blood got into an open wound.

The avatars are made of metal and might be the end result of the infection. The last remnants of Khine that fell into real space because neither Khorne nor Slaanesh could eat them with the last slivers of living soul hidden inside.

Nightbringer is looking for his scythe. What is his scythe? If it's a space ship of some sort then it's very possible that via second-hand memories taken through infection Khine is also searching for this thing and calls it his chariot.

It's possible that the scythe is the thing hidden behind the Gates of Vaul. If that is the case then good luck with that because Vaul was holding the Key when Slaanesh ate him, to get it you're going to have to cut Slaanesh open. Or another smith god makes a new key, pity the Soul Forge remains unclaimed by a god figure and there is no other smith god except the one the Mechanicus have chained up in the basement of Mars.

Khine holding the Dawnblade and riding in his Chariot would be the Khine that challenges Khorne for the Skull Throne in the ascension of the Impossible Child.

Just what armanent and to what extent shall Old Man Zandrekh have? It was said he only have a single FTL ship...

I... ahem, propose this: a very heavily pimped out Harvest Cruiser he painted pink and named 'Lady Betsy'. And talks to her frequently.

Everyone thinks he's just being Ol' Zandrekh until they remember what the ship is made out of (LIVING metal) and/or see how much ass this fine, petite Lady can kick: Zandrekh, through insanity, his bug-hunting career with Kryptmann and Kryptmann's insanity, had somehow managed to fit the ship with so much dakka (from multiple factions) that Orks weep upon seeing it.

Whatever ship he would have would be the vintage version of it because, as and old country gentlemen, he would have a preserved classic vehicle bought out for special occasions or for touring his estate in.

It would not be the top of the range, it would be a piece of vehicular art, lovingly maintained.

Additional weapons systems would be added so long as they are in keeping with the rest of his yacht. They would likewise be lovingly maintained.

Nemesor Zahndrekh is touring around in a weaponized equivalent of a classic Bentley, as befits a gentleman.

We already pretty heavily implied the latter, the Scythe was the embodied Nightbringer's inertialess-drive flagship, which Khine had been able to steal when they clashed in the War in Heaven.

In the vein of this , an inertialess drive ship in general is a rare and powerful sort of capital ship, an artefact of pride for any Necron Lord. Nemesor's beloved touring ship would still have a full accompaniment of Dolmen Gate ships following, and even if its more of a luxury vessel its would blaze through systems like the wrath of a god. The Scythe, should Khaine or the Nightbringer ever reclaim it, would be on the power level of a Culture warship, which I think would be a good mark for a 'top of the line' War in Heaven era Necron battleship.

How many individual necrons of person levels of brain power are there in Zandrekh's realm?

I can imagine the other lords stripping a lot of their autonomous nature out of their subjects and suppressing personality. Zandrekh not so much. Firstly because he's not a robot and neither are they and secondly because a Lord must look after their subjects and their is such thing as proper behaviour.

I'm also assuming that the Nemesor sees his people as flesh and blood also.

Oddly I can imagine, all of his servants having enough of a kind to count as people. All fanatically loyal to him for fear of the Silent King psychologically violating them and putting their minds in cold storage for all eternity whilst he zombies their bodies around as mindless husks or handing them to more brown nosed personalities.

Zandrekh does not have anywhere near as many soldiers as other Lords but they are more adaptive and can react to changing situations quicker.

In canon Zahndrekh's court is full of Game of Thrones-esque shenanigans because they see the Nemesor as weak that Obyron inevitably has to shut down.

Here there might be some of the same but no one dares touch the Nemesor, because if they do it means the ?Gidrim dynasty's brains get melon-balled by Szarekh. As nobles, they're not keen to be reduced to a cog in the post-individual Star Empire machine.

Had an idea where Imotekh tries to show up on Gidrim to figure out why Zahndrekh isn't picking up on his calls. Obyron confronts him at the docks and challenges him to an honor duel because Imotekh won't hold things back and Zahndrekh will likely go into a full on Nam dog/Alzheimers-esque meltdown. So Obyron protects the old man out of loyalty. Obyron thrashes Imotekh, because in canon Imotekh has been described as only above average in terms of scythesmanship skills whereas Obyron is, to extend the GoT analogy, undead robot Jaime Lannister. Imotekh leaves because Obyron won the duel fair and square and that's the way Imotekh rolls.

That is a beautiful image.

Obyron could have been a gutter urchin that the Nemesor adopted millions of years ago in the days of the True Empire. It was always permitted that Overlords could appoint their own bodyguards regardless of origin or social standing. Most only took them from families they knew, trusted or had a history of loyal service and subservience to ensure that they were true to their duties and also to keep intact the divide between the lowborn and the nobility.

Hiring a pleb as a bodyguard was so rare by the time of the years leading up to the biotransferance that most people had forgotten that it was even technically still legal.

Zandrekh was also Overlord of a remote patch of the Empire so eccentricities are more excusable. Obyron therefore owes Zandrekh so very much. By all accounts he should have lived and died a penniless scavenger. Maybe Zandrekh caught him scrumping apples or some shit and offered him a job as part of the palace guard. Obyron eventually working his way up to bodyguard and then head bodyguard.

Point is Imotekh was trained as a nobleman with rules of conduct in combat and the propper way to duel between gentlemen. Obyron is a knee to the groin, elbow to the gut, eye gouging, ear biting, dirty fighting elevated pleb whose only use for the rule book is an improvised club.

The functionaries of Gidrim will not be trying to replace the Nemesor, they know that they are robots and as such will get fucked over instantly by Silent King override codes. Rather they jockey for positions in the advisory council and in the administration of the Gidrim Estate, everyone wants to be as close to him as possible. Old Man Zandrekh knows that most if not all of them are sycophants but what can you do? He knows that although they will fight among themselves to who gets to be firstmate of his ship they won't mutiny against him and they won't allow risk to the ship.

Also if any of them starts to get too clever or does things too risky Obyron is always there behind his masters right shoulder, a menacing figure in chrome and gilt.

The arrival of the Imperial Representative team and Ambassadorial staff annoyed a lot of courtiers as it was an intrusion in their comfortably insular games. Overlord Zandrekh quite likes the Imperials as they are way less ass kissy and two faced than his own court is.

The jobs typically held by his people are

Crew of the Lady Betsy and the few support craft he has, all of them lovingly maintained classics.
Warriors of the realm
Bodyguards and palace guards
Palace maintenance and cleaning staff
Butlers, servants, maids and such
Kitchen staff (including food tasters)
Administrators of the blue-skin (Tau) colony
Garrison and Sentinels of the blue-skin colony
Royal gardener and assistants
Weather-watcher
Royal architect and masons and other associated artisans
Keeper of the Minutes
Keeper of the library
Royal Calligrapher
Master/Mistress of tapestries
Palace physician
Law-master/mistress
Lore-master/mistress (and specialists)
Spymaster/mistress
Head Cryptek
Keeper of the Vehicles
Keeper of the Fish

And a whole host of lesser titles that the Nemesor is half convinced they made up to give them something to do.

I thought we had too little on vampires, so here's something quick.

>Enter Clearance
>Password: *******************************
>Verifying...
>Commencing biometric scan...
>Verified. Welcome, Inquisitor.
>Opening file...

OPERATION: OLIVE MERCURY FOXGLOVE (Melon Mouse 76)
SOURCE: Ordo Hereticus, Watchtower MAGGOT XANTHIC LEAD
AUTHOR: Interrogator CORAL RHYTHM

Presence of a Deceiver-strain C'tan vampire has been confirmed. Necron-origin nanomachinery typical of Deceiver-strain vampires has been identified through clandestine blood sampling throughout the lower nobility of Vesp Vonn. Full extent of the infection is currently undetermined. Based on analysis of social interactions between known vampires, Subject Zero is currently presumed to be Viscount Marchant, a known collector of strange xenos artifacts.

At present, direct action is impossible; without the ability to execute a clean sweep an extended civil war is a likely result of any incomplete purge. I am currently contemplating possibilities for more clandestine action.
>End file

It's looking good. Is there moar?

Maybe. It's not quite coming together yet, though.

You've gotta include orikan's pyramid scheme

I hadn't even thought of that. Thanks!

Wanted to mention this last thread, but the suggestion that Orikan's pyramid was, itself, scheming? What would that look like? Some kind of cross between Castle Heterodyne and Starscream, impregnated with a shard of the Deceiver both as the ultimate security system and a means to keep Orikan on his toes?

Possibly something not too dissimilar to the floating upside down pyramids in Requiem, minus the eyeball.

Yes eyeball. Then we can have the illuminati pyramid.

Possibly it's the 48 hours of no sleep talking but are Orikan and his pyramid turning into Pinky and the Brain?

More like Sith Lords. Orikan has a fragment of the Deceiver as the A.I. in his pyramid. The fragment will try to betray Orikan and take over the operation, even if Orikan is a Deceiver vampire, because it's a fragment of the Deceiver and that's just how the Deceiver does things.

If Orikan loses against the pyramid, then obviously he wasn't very good at his job (or he just uses his bullshit time travel/divination, which also works). But for now the pyramid does a fantastic job at keeping out the riffraff.

Exactly how bullshit is Orikan's divination, anyway?

In canon, he makes predictions. If they don't turn out like he plans he goes back along his own timeline and overwrites his past self and makes those predictions occur. To preserve his reputation as being 100% accurate.

He predicted a lot of stuff happening without that, including the end result of the War in Heaven and many events in the 41st millenium (obviously in this AU the tyranids fall outside this as per usual).

Outright time travel should probably be more limited than that.

So the pyramid is fully sapient?

So it's a distinct possibility that in the non too distant future Khine + Dawnblade + Chariot is going to be squaring off against Nightbringer + Scythe in a duel that will leave whole sectors of space a different shape?

Shit's going to get very real, very fast. Especially considering that the winner takes on Khorne.

Who wins the 1st duel will rely a lot on who has the most friends to call on. NB has his vampires, a small number of necrons in his service and Death Cult renegades. But he is the 2nd least broken C'tan and will have the old Necron Empire's best ship ever built.

Khine will have the Imperium with lots of lesser ships, lots of lesser warriors and is less powerful but will have Vaul's last blade and an Talsiman of Vaul.

In the last thread (?) it was speculated that if Khine wins Lofn is going to hijack the astronomican and use it to death-star laser a beam of weaponized calm at the Skull Throne.

Maybe.

What else can be in the star child prophesies? I'm thinking of putting together a chart with all the tidbits linked by string.

I would say yes. It is also as big as the other autonomous shards of the deceiver but as it is threaded through and about the structure of the original pyramid it's too diffuse to take humanoid form.

Given that it is threaded through the pyramid it is more powerful than it's peers but due to the pyramid being made by Orikan it is bound to him. Sort of. It can't disobey a direct order but it can get quite creative with interpreting those orders.

Given that it is cultivating way more Deceiver Vampires than any other shard, each of which could potentially become a full grown shard in it's own right but bound to Pyramid-Deceiver it could be looking to dominate the other shards with the long term goal of cultivating enough of itself to re-amalgamate into a fully restored C'tan, or something close to it. Then it will be simply too great to control and Orikan can go fuck himself.

Orikan undoubtedly knows this and may have contingencies (that Deceiver-Pyramid has almost certainly discovered and he knows it and it knows that he knows) but he isn't going to stop the process, not yet, because so long as he controls the Pyramid-Deceiver he has strong influence over the new Vampires. At least for now.

Possibly when Judgment Day comes It's going to be a Cegorach, Deceiver, Tzneetch brawl of sorcery and Just As Planned for who gets the crystal labyrinth.

(1)

His dull old eyes gazed at the snarling Alpha Ravener facing him down, yet see it his eyes not.

In his few moments of greater clarity, Boaz Kryptmann remembers.

Glimpses of happier days through the pink-coloured lenses of a child. Faces full of laughter and life, faces he no longer remembers. Even the laughs are disjointed now, white noises too far off to his ears yet he knew, he -knew- in his heart what they meant. He was loved, once. He loved them. Still.

Gaunt muscles moved unconsciously, following patterns drilled into every fiber of his body, a dash sideway narrowly dodging the beast's raging rampaign and the Heartseeker arced through the air and carved into the Tyranid's hide and flesh and soul. The beast shrieked, retaliating with a mad swing of its limb. He swung Heartseeker again, attempting to parry its next attack, yet a ghost of a woman touched at his face marred with countless scars and crow-feet. Auburn hair and olive skin and a carefree grin from ear to ear, a strangely warm feeling pricked at his bosom, a warmth much unlike the scolding hot rage of his soul. Mirthful. Light.

And for a brief second his ever present anger subsided his sword arm slacked and the sound of metal being rend apart torn through the air. Every souls (and not) on the Lady Betsy hanging in orbit gasped as the Tyranid's claw that could carve apart Land Raiders punched through the power armor reinforced with living metal. Acid flooded into his veins, burning like promethium, and his vision was filled with red and yellow spots, the colours of flame, and of the purple tide of Tyranids that had engulfed his home.

And in his greater moments of clarity as the Alpha Ravener held him down, Boaz Kryptmann remembers how Tyran burned.

How augmented would a Strogg Soldier be and what level of influence would Elmo have over them?

Is there moar?

Writing. Too late already, might be tomorrow. Srry.

None directly and it is necessary Elmo remains as secret as possible.

On the subject of Dracula what is Mephiston like?

>What else can be in the star child prophesies
Vect and Malys have a nasty threesome with Oscar's undead Golden Man corpse and spawn the ultimate lord of terror, and the impossible child turns out to be the doom of the galaxy

Their cybernetics are probably on par with Savlar's cyber and bio-augmented guard, but serve as general troops instead of Savlar's very specialized extremophile advance recon.

The dragon will throw off his chains and make war upon those who intrude upon his kingdom (not sure if I remember it right).
The Lord of War will rise from his throne to do battle once more.
The exile will return from their long banishment.

Who is he Exile?

I swear I am working on the Star Child Chart.

Having to Archive delve.

First draft

So the only correction I can think of is that the chariot Khine is waiting for probably is The Scythe, and his fight with the Nightbringer will be for mastery of it. The silver blood in Khine is part of what let him originally make off with The Scythe, and the ship is itself an important chunk of the Nightbringer's full form, so Khine having the blood to control it is almost akin to having a Nosferatu silver. The victor of their battle will be able to claim the other's assets, so either the Nightbringer claims Khine's portfolio as a warp god or Khine takes power over the Nightbringer's fractal form, and the winner goes on to face Khorne as a god of empirical and empyrean power.

The same apotheosis is possible in the struggle between the Deceiver, Cegorach, and Tzeentch.

it could be the Craftwolders reclaiming the Crone worlds, it could be the return of the Silent King, it could be mankind reestablishing the capital on Chthonia, or the Men of Gold returning from wherever they vanished to. There's a lot of things it could be.

>the Men of Gold returning from wherever they vanished to

That one's easy to answer at least

youtube.com/watch?v=3at_Ev2kOoI

It could be a lot of vague things.

But it's probably the Outsider

Same thing with the Lord of War. The obvious answer is it means Khorne gets his fat ass off the Skull Throne and gets shit done. But at the same time, it could mean the Emperor gets his Warlord back on and once more strides forth to be more hands-on in his defense of the galaxy.

Another possibility to consider is Ynnead somehow obtaining Nightbringer's scythe to complete the death god image (and if he is the Impossible Child, to tie into his liminal status) and using it to drag Slaanesh off to metaphorical hell. But that requires Ynnead to be born, to be the Impossible child, etc.

There's also the possibility of Erebus getting lucky with a murder knife and offing Oscar. The Starchild Prophecies tend to predict Oscar and/or Eldrad dying as often as they do coming out alive.

I doubt it would be Outsider. Outsider want's to be forgotten and is against the whole idea of ever doing anything.

The only thing that could motivate him is siding with Silent King as it's probable that only things with souls count as knowing about him. No soul things, from the warp point of view, "know" about him as much as a foot print in sand know boots.

Looking at it, this is very much a very incomplete 1st draft.

are there any other eldarxhuman couples aside from the two famous ones?

Yes, it is rare due to population demographics and so far Taldeer and LIVII are the only ones to have had a child

What are Gork and Mork doing in all this or are they just ignoring the whole thing?

Would Oscar be directly in the final confrontation with the gods?

Part of me wants to say no because he is operating at a power level beneath the others but part of me also knows he isn't going to let Isha go it alone against Nurgel.

Also he can take all the Custodeus and Handmaidens with him as he acts like a waking Gellar field. He's danced this dance before when he was little more than a child.

Also we probably need some sort of Map of the Realm of Chaos at this point.

It's probably Eldrad going to die considering how old he is and that he has also independently predicted that his death is possibly only days away.