Favorite Magic Card?

Favorite Magic Card?

I'll start. Mine is Amoeboid Changeling.

Look at the dumb fucker. I love this piece of shit. I wake up and I think about how much I absolutely relate to him. His look of stress and disdain, yet his jiggly, gelatin body, always ready to move n' groove.

Dread.

I should sue WotC for using my likeness on that card.

if that's true you're a gorgeous man

O-Ring

I don't really know why, but I absolutely adore Goldenglow Moth.

I think it might be because I once had a lifegain deck that included Righteousness and blocking creatures with a 7/8 flying moth was just too much fun.

Biggest source of EDH shit stirring if I pull it off.

I remember I had a heap of those from the angels vs demons duel decks iirc? Regardless, I rather liked it. Wasn't a fantastic card but it worked well enough in the kitchen table magic I played back them.

Mine is Mulldrifter, for similar reasons o art. He's such a smug motherfucker, just crusing along, generating butterflies and shit.

And yet, in game, he's a selfless hero. Need cards fast? Mull has you covered. Got some more man to invest? Mull will pay dividends. Crystal Shard? Mull always gives it more use. Need a sacrifice. Mull just laughs at your opponent: just more card advantage,in his mind. Need a blocker? Mull will stand in front of dragons and demons and keep on smiling. Need someone to pick up a Sword of Herp and Derp and fly into the Danger Zone? TOO CLOSE FOR MISSILES, SWITCHING TO MULLDRIFTER.

I think there's something to your first real magic set for containing you favorite card, but Lorwyn also had a special kind of magic in its intersection of utility and whimsy.

I had to pad my kitchen sink ally deck with changelings. Ameboid in particular was fun against slivers.

Mine is the calciderm. I had good times with that stone-skinned mofo

I like Plains.

Murder. It's so simple. What does it do? It murders something. What's it called? Murder. What's on the art? A guy who was murdered. It's the same reason I like stuff like Counterspell. No frills, no bells, not even flavor text: just clean and simple card.

Murder, Bolt, Counterspell, Wrath, what am I missing? What would Green's be?

I also love the amoeboid changeling.

Horrible Hordes (for the art)
Royal assassin, dark ritual, phyrexian arena for being fun (even though RA is shit)
Tormented soul for being my T1 drop.
My current way of shitting on my friends is t1 dark ritual, tormented soul, bonesplitter drop and equip, t2 I drop an unholy strength, dark favor, I maybe an inkfathom infiltrator or that 2/1 black intimidate from innistard. Absolutely btfo them. Problem is hand empties out fast (hence the arenas) and is vulnerable as fuck to removal, but black doesn't have many low cost unblockables and I don't want to go back to playing shadow cause that feels cheap.

God that art.

>flash in spitebellows

Doom blade. I started playing in m14 and it was one of the first cards I ever pulled. It's also one of the cards where, even thoug I was shit at evaluating cards I was able to look at it as a beginner and go. "Holy shit, it just kills something and it's only 2 mana."
Seeing it in too is when I checked the standard decklists later felt pretty good too knowing I was right.

I'm torn between several.

Jaddi Offshoot I like because I'm a biology major and stuff.
Saber-toothed Alley Cat is fun because I'm a cat person.
Goblin Balloon Brigade because minion cards like that are fun. Also, goblins.

Souls of the Faultless.