Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1670: Transcendence Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Flueger
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/55015227/#55015449
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/54825084/#54829492
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fairies are for friendship.

>Last Thread

So.
How are your chains going /Jc/? I don't think we've had an update in a while.

There's not enough CP to pick more then 2 races in the bleach jump, which do I chose?

Quincy and Shinigami. Not only are they better in-setting, but we have a whole jump focused on Hollows.

On hold untill the new Servant Supplement comes out. Though I'm tempted to make some retroactive changes if Dark Souls 1 finishes before then.

Was it ever explained why Nito was a skeleton? I'm pretty sure he was spoopy before he found his Lord Soul, and I've always found that weird.

Humans:
>Human Perks
Tech-Head- 100 - Operate local tech even as drop in + hotwiring, might throw in something else
??? - 200 - ???
Officer Corps - 400 - Qualified for starship command, good in emergencies. Comes with starship officer qualification that stands up in other jumps.

Humans get a choice of three capstones, picking one locks out the other two:
Soul Of A Warrior - I wannabe a Predator, the perk. See: Noguchi, Alexa
To Serve The Queen - give off the same signal as a hivemind, can voluntarily join it without having to obey orders that come down from above.
Deadliest of the Species - humanity fuck yeah, the perk.

>Human Items
Sharp Sticks - 100 - one of a selection of guns
Motion Tracker - 200 - duh
??? - ???
Starship - 600

>Frontier Items
Expedition Gear - 100
Armored Pressure Suit - 200
??? - 400
??? - 600

I'm currently thinking a Science related perk for Human/200. Maybe cryopods, research stuff for items.
The Frontier/400 item might be a transceiver unit with FTL comm ability, that's good for homing in on crashed ships, derelicts, that sort of thing.

Quincy and Shinigami.

I personally went Shinigami and Hollow since I bought the stuff in German Hollow Quest to give pre-Blood War Quincy powers to people and not being able to give Vollstandig to my subordinates bothered me and was a Fullbringer (since that jump's rules regarding Unique Powers made going Arrancar utter shit).

Never go Hollow. They're actually complete dogshit compared to everything other than fullbrings. Even Arrancar are laughable jokes.

Nito was the first being to ever die, once the First Flame came into existence, and contrasts and time began to exist, such as life and death.

Alright. New post for the new thread. I need ideas for the Runescape Jump I'm starting on. Hardcore mode by default. Perhaps being able to purchase extra lives like you can in hardcore ironman mode?

I need perk ideas. So far I only have something that increases learning speeds, another that alleviates boredom and imports.

Drawbacks so far:
>0: Stay until you have quest cape
>>Completionist cape
>>>Trimmed completionist cape
>Actual Iron Man mode, extremely limited interaction and no companions
>>Ultimate Iron Man mode (No warehouse or bank storage, just your inventory) AKA Oh shit nigger what are you doing
>Needing to do fucktons of menial tasks to get skills up
>>Forgetting the shit you already know
>>>Losing Jumper powers too
>Being followed by noobs begging for shit wherever you go
>Pkers everywhere it's possible
>Non-quest NPC god followers of a specific god attacking on sight.

I'm in desperate need of perks since I've never written a jump before. I feel like the costs are mutable at this point, I just need ideas.

As your origin Human to get Transcendence and another capstone for the price of one, Fullbringer, Hollow.

Quincy and Shinigami can get fucked.

Hollow, Shinigami. Quincy is a trap option, don't take it no matter what you do.

Grab Codicia. Eat everyone. No need to choose when you have everything.

Ah, cool. That explains it neatly, thanks.

Badly.

The last five I made I killed out of frustration before they hit twenty jumps, and when I tried to restart my most successful chain, it ended barely forty in. I just can't seem to avoid maximum suffering plus some tumblr as fuck shit that makes me want to bash my face into the wall whenever I write and I can't even get the motivation to try again right now.

This used to be so much fun.

Any of y'all read those Bleach LNs?

Noncanon.

Didn't even know they existed till a few threads ago. How bad are they?

Perk to make your game somehow last decades.

Haven't had the will to actually read them, even if the plot points people are yapping about are pretty neat.

Made it out of Stellaris with The Nea in tow, tenured as a rose flower in PPC, met my son-from-a-future-timeline named Garion, aaaaand haven't had the willpower or energy to move forward with it since then.

Pretty sure if you take quincy you're exempt from having your power taken away just like what's his face.

It's Hollow that's the trap option, since they're cripplingly weak, can only grow over the course of thousands of years, and even their full power is weaker than a shinigami captain and thus irrelevant halfway through the series.

For 600 Frontier Items, Schematics of the Atmosphere Processing Plant and other Weyland terraforming tech?

Probably be easier if you decided your origins first, since then you know what things you need to aim towards making perks for.

Maybe you should try having a friend help you up?

For 600 Frontier Items, Schematics of the Atmosphere Processing Plant and other Weyland terraforming tech?!

Liking them, love that they finally expand on the setting, something the series always had as a sore point.

>I fuck up again.
Fuck it, just linking with this post

>Reading shitty shounen books
It's like making yourself read young adult fiction except all the awkwardness of translated Japanese.

Maybe take a break, for a bit?

It's supposed to be fun, but I'm not sure how to make it fun for you guys again without taking a step back for a fresher look at it.

As someone unfamiliar with Angel Notes and the Nasuverse in general, how buff are Aristoteles? How would one fare in Naruto?

I got stuck on trying to write a scene where my jumper meets Agent Smith.

Very. They'd kill everything short of EoS Naruto/Sasuke and the bunny aliens with ease.

Boldface lies will get you nowhere in life.

I'm waiting on the Worm powers update as well as Grand Order/Servant supplement.

Think Cthulhu but harder (Impossible) to kill.

They'd normally be about on par with the absolute top-tier of the setting in offense, but no one in Naruto actually has the requisite hax or biggatons to kill them.

Will probably just be like a throwaway perk if you ever need to design a game.
I mean, Runescape basically drops-in everyone, but I see what you mean, since Minecraft's the same way. Obviously Drop-in as the universal option, but probably like Adventurer/Hero, Commoner, Noble and like, Scholar or something? Maybe a merchant background for people who don't actually want to play the game?

Wow. Okay then. Thanks anons, that's actually pretty cool. Take this crazy demon monster image I found as thanks for your help.

Drop-In Origin and take Transcendence
Quincy and Shinigami Capstones
Then go to German Hollow Quest and take Hollow
Becoming Arrancar optional
Use Transcendence to fuse them all together into one bullshit spiritual origin

...its torso is a vagina.

Oh, look. Some user posted pics of their waifu.

At the very least for someone's first jump, having origins is a good thing. Going straight for a no origin jump is probably a lot harder, especially if he's already struggling with ideas.

Looks more like a battle wound to me, but okay.

I was about to ask how or why you'd waifu that abomination, but then I remembered where I am.

Senpai did you watch the series? Hollows grow by consuming millions of other hollows and going through several mindless phases. This is shown to taking a massively long length of time.

Plus, we see the Arrancar fight the Shinigami Captains. They beat the shit out of the Arrancar, often without any trouble at all.

Oh, so you didn't watch the series then? Good to know I can ignore you. Don't pretend like anyone is ignorant here but you if you're just going to make shit up.

That's gonna be a bit hard, man. Unfortunately, nobody I friggin' know seems to be having fun with /jc/, so it's... going to take work. Thank you for those words, at least.

Aight, from what I remember of my old WIP, a good slot for that 200 perk could be either "your explosives and general heavy ordnance are amplified when wielded by you specifically / when wielded against extraterrestrial targets," or something along the lines of ignoring the more debilitating effects of PTSD, fight-or-flight responses, reactions along those lines (because let's be honest, many of the protags should be broken enough to be checked into looney-bins).

Shove off.

You gave up the claim after hoarding it for over a year. You have no fucking right to try and influence it now, and no fucking right to try and put your broken or useless-ass perks in when it's just barely getting good.

It's great that you're willing to help, even after everything.

Hey. I asked. Cool down.

It's going pretty well, I'd say. Only problem I've found is that becoming a vampire has caused me to become...slightly possessive of my companions. And full on yandere for my waifu.

Motivation not found. Chain cannot continue.

You're not the real myrmidont.

You're just baiting, huh?

No sense in replying to shitposts, mate. That just eggs them on.

Don't bother replying to the shitposter, he's just looking to harass someone.

I wonder can we use Generic Isekei to go into Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash? There's some cute girls in there like the purple haired witch in the gif.

>spouts a load of bullshit and lies
>when called out on it his only response is to say its bait

How is it lies? You haven't brought up any points of disagreement, you just insulted me. I tried to implore you to tell me how you interpret Hollow growth differently, or what made you think the Arrancar fights were anywhere near hard, but you just ignore me.

Do you prefer items which give you a slowly-replenishing supply of a resource from a given jump, or perks/items which allow you to "find" such things in worlds where they normally wouldn't exist?

My honest answer would be neither, since neither one actually makes much sense. But of the two, the warehouse supply makes more sense, since the warehouse is weird extradimensional bullshit to begin with.

It'd take the monstrous monsters drawback to do the setting justice but yeah that seems appropriate.

>neither one actually makes much sense
The same could be said of many CP purchases, no? Would you instead prefer that perks or abilities which require such things "adapt" to use similar objects that vary drastically in many ways?

Well, no. As I already said, I prefer the warehouse supply. Not sure why you didn't read my whole post.

Speaking of which. Where's the latest version? Like which thread #? I know he's fixing some stuff right?

Okay so I was looking at Angel Notes Ultimate One perk

My question is what happens if you take Ultimate one and then take Ultimate Lifeform in Jorge Joestar?

Probably nothing interesting. At most, it'll probably just give you a stat increase, if it does anything at all.

You'll be to Kars what MCU Cap is to a normal human.

So pretty beastly.

Okay, I'll keep that in mind. Well, I did, I just consider "finding" the actual item in-setting different than "using a thematically similar item in its place".

Oh yeah I didn't put that in there. Sorry bout that, the triggers are fairly strict.
1) Like with Sun Wukong and Buddha the True Name, in the Fate/ method of defining that phrase, must be known.

2) Unlike normal Marble Phantasms the creation of the 'vision' of world must never be inescapable, a Marble Phantasm should be able to make such a trait 100% certain otherwise, this fact can be taken advantage of by folks with things like Pioneer of the Stars.

3) Like with Buddha the target must be aware of you, as in speaking with most of the time or at least seeing you in some way, before you bring them into the world.

and as for dodging or blocking the effect:
1) The effect is reduced in Rank by the difference between the Targets Divinity and Magic Resistance (So as B Rank Noble Phantasm a E Rank Magic Resistance would reduce it to B-, but a B or higher Rank Magic Resistance would end up with a very feeble effect that will alone could break) This is because the user isn't truly Buddha and only can create a 'vision' which can be ignored by some.

2) Effects that defy cause and effect or cause them to no longer apply, even mundane Magecraft like that used by typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Flueger , have a chance of foiling the Noble Phantasm.

3) The effect that catches the target is akin to a limitless boundary with no limit of effected targets, though there are limits on exactly who and what can /be/ targeted as seen above, the field 'allows' "all effected targets to appear in reality created by Cetiya" so it's more like they were always within the effect but can dodge out via causality reversal/Magic Resistance/Divinity/etc.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/55015227/#55015449

While it won't get you any special powers, you'll still be the Captain America of a 'race' strong enough that they're capable of flipping an island the size of the British Isles upside down just by ramming into it.

Can we get a relic of the past? Like I'd want to have Tutorial Island as a bought property please, now that it's sunk and all that rot. I have good memeories of Tutorial Island.

Er, I was thinking more like range limits or target size or number limits. I'd say that it does need at least that, so you can't point your hand at an army, speak through a megaphone and trap them all at once with no energy cost.

That said, the second clause is a pretty bad one. Something that is not inescapable only because certain people have abilities that make anything escapable isn't a limit at all.

[Kill Six Billion Demons]

Drawbacks: Pursued, Kill Seven Black Emperors, Become a Farmer (1900)

Rolled Lethys

Angel, Drop-In, ? trillion years old

I Want It Back (Free)
5 Empyrean Hymns Cross The Void Between Worlds (Free)
Holy Thorn Knights (1700)
The Art of Lying to the Face of God (1400)
Demiurge: The "I" (900)
Iconic Outfit (Free)
Angel Shell (Free)
Reinforced Angel Shell (700)
Sword (Free)
Paper People (Free)
Palace (Free)
The Sanctioned Action (0)
Meti's Sword Manual (Free)

It's harvest season! The falchions are coming up a treat this year, nice and sturdy. Alas, the delicate wakizashis (also known as the bonsai katana) are choked by their older cousins even as I've got my tentacles busy with perennial cutlasses.

Truly, this sword-farm was the best of ideas.

After a hard day's labor, I came back to find my companions mingling as well as could be expected. Metatron was telling White Chain that YHVH doesn't care what gender you are, everyone is equally inferior. Cio and Futaba' were watching Kara react to the fanfiction they wrote of them together, and taking pictures. GLADOS was schooling Allison and Nyave at dance dance revolution. And Umar was bullying Princess into tears.

The air screamed as space was rent apart; Jagganoth stumbled in, beating off my daughter's attempts to pull his head of as he frantically resealed the barrier. At a gesture, a spiral of cold flame smashes him through the scimitar-blossoms, razor portals raining on him. Recovering, he cleaved through space at me-which I dodged by becoming one with everything and then detonating the strong nuclear forces by his knee. He rode the blast to my face; AT-fields and light hawk wings clash against martial-Arts. Before the final blow can be struck, I tore open a portal in time and threw him off my property-where my daughter's fists are law.

Did I mention Sunny LOVES this place? She's just, fighting everything. All the time. Including the public transportation.

(Cont'd)

And that's a typical day for me, home on the sword-range. Long story short: Everything's a bit of a mystery right now, so I'm killing time before committing to anything.

After some investigation, Metatron currently DOESN'T want to wipe out all life at the moment, the plan seems to be putting someone who can reinstate the Old Law properly back in charge. So I'm hedging my bets.

I WILL lead an army of angels, devas, nephilim, Eaters, Horrorterrors, Great Ones, Type-Sun clones and the more agreeable kinds of demons (the True and Imaginary kind are practically murder-puppies!) in a war to shake the worlds. At the very least, I'm in favor of toppling the Demiurges-and at least proposing the idea of someone more qualified than some sleazebag rando as The Successor. Myself, for example.

However, I also support Allison & co on their quest! Mainly by giving them a rent-free safehouse on my newly opened sword farm, and some portals for transportation. All for the low, low price of her becoming MY emissary. Which actually doesn't mean doing that much, when for now I just want the trains to run on time, and varmints to stay off my property.

We have a system where if she gets to the Keys first, tags one and yells "3, 2, 1 BASE!" then she gets to keep them; the portals get her as near as they can reach, so she'll have a head start. If my forces get there first, they too shall have to shout BASE!

Apart from confusing the shit out of the Demiurges, I'm honestly willing to throw the succesorship if Allison ends up a better candidate somehow. This place is like if a dumpster fire had a baby with another dumpster fire. From what I can tell about the lore, there's actually a pretty big chance a girl making the worst decisions ever COULD be better qualified to run this place than me.

I'm about 76ish jumps away from Cthulhu Saves The World! It's getting hard to keep track of everything, honestly.

Last jump was Thunderbolt Fantasy. I brought a gun.

>oh god, Billy's off his meds again

So, you jobbed the whole time and accomplished nothing other than showing how cool and powerful the other characters are?

Forgive me if i'm wrong, but isn't Captain America just peak human? An Aristoteles would be more like a low to mid level Superman of such species.

Captain America is peak human in a fictional universe where humans peak out way the fuck higher than actual humans do.

Like, Doom isn't even a peak human and he can kill a lion with his bare hands.

>Implying that guns cannot be swords

I want a Katanagatari jump

>Be a minor recurring villain that always get blasted into the night after some stupid scheme
>Finally reveal yourself as the final boss when the heroes realize that you weren't using guns, but tiny swords that launched smaller swords

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/54825084/#54829492

It's the girl looking behind the doorway that sells it.

>Superman
Oh god, Ultimate Kryptonian

Cap can bench 1200lbs and run nearly 50 mph. He's a touch beyond peak human

Ah yeah bad example there. What I meant was that even things like luck, any thing that can escape, effects it as normal. So a person can just luck out of it and others, like with Pioneer of the Stars, can increase their chances of escaping though other means. So, effectively anything that can allow you to escape can be used to do so and has a non-zero, heck at B Rank I'd say a non-85% chance, of working. Even mundane things like normal human luck and Magecraft can effect it.

As for range and target number limits, it has none. Range is listed as Limitless like some other Noble Phantasms and the Target Number is ranked as No Limit, though to be honest I flip flopped between No Limit and 1 for a while because Buddha's palm is the world in the story so it should be able to hold more than just Son Wukong, as for the cost. It costs about as much magical energy, per 'capture' as a B Rank Noble Phantasm, so for the metric I use in my head around the same Prana expenditure of a Caliburn-Blast, which I keep thinking is a consistent number for some otherworldly reason.

The real problem would be in powering through multiples uses of it. Most folk don't have enough prana to spam a NP of that level, excepting Saber's Dragon Core I can only think of a few able to sustain more than maybe three 'captures' at a time and they're getting around the Prana costs in a number of ways.

The Range and Targets being limitless, though the number of valid targets is limited, is a effect that can easily be changed to:
Range: 1~999
Targets: 1

They're talking about MCU Cap, who is clearly superhuman. He does things like flinging bikes into cars so hard it wrecks the car, holding a helicopter down with one arm or lifting a few tonnes at once. Also ran at highway car speeds.

Also Superman isn't that far above most of his species in his situation, at least in most incarnations.

MCU Cap, is way above "peak human". 616 Cap decapitates tanks with his shield.

If there's no limit on target number or range, I'd put it up to at minimum A rank cost. Otherwise, that seems fine.

Guys what if you're all being way too autistic about the analogy?

Yeah, but does Val know that, or was she just too lazy to find a more appropriate example?

The shield is made out of sfi-fi unobtanium.
That is like saying a sniper is way above peak human because they can explode heads at range with their guns.

Too cowardly to ask her yourself huh?

Sniper's aren't throwing their bullets with their bare hands.

What jumps have the highest densities of unhappy waifus?