Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Renegades a best, edition.

>Death Guard preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/22/codex-death-guard-first-lookgw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos finally got one, on the fast track to two
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user a wamalam bing bong)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

blacklibrary.com/audio/warhammer-40000-audiobooks/black-legion-mp3.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for cadia

Renegades can't use VotlW but some random cultists from other legions can.

Makes sense.

I haven't finished him yet, have Kranon eating some bananas.

Best female Sargent or Commissar models?

What if those cultists have been fighting the long war for 10,000 years?

How are they performing as a Warband? Always thought they were neat. Tempted to grab DV to start them and use the D'angles as fallen

>YFW the planet broke before the Guard did

The hellbrute and chosen have bad loadouts but the rest of it is good, you coul djuts use the chosen as champions for other squads. Renegades most likely have the best 'legion' trait I think, the ability to advance and charge comes in useful so often it's crazy.

Melee helbrutes running forward and smashing in to things, possessed, berserkers or even just noise marines, an extra D6 on just regular foot marines could see your 6" move lord rocket forward 12" and chop up a rival warlord with his murder sword.

>puts fist over heart
Cadia stands

God I fucking love the Night Lords

STOP FOR NO ONE!

I feel like ADB edgyness really worked for the NL. Comes off as less shitty for them, but maybe that's because they're already hyper edge lords.

Ave Dominus Nox

Is it okay to have Fallen manning my Fortification as long as nobody finds out?

Emperor's Children or World Eaters. Which one do I go?

They will be led by either Lucius or Kharn and will be mostly infantry based.

>break their planet
>"o-oh yeah, well you didn't break the guardsmen!"
literally yes, thousands died

>that trigger discipline

Oh no thousands of Guard died that day.
Thousands of Guard die every mission, that's the point of Guard.

Cadia stands.

That really depends on your preference. Shooty or choppy.
Minimal battallion detachment for WE is about 660 points, more or less. EC should be about the same. Just try them.
Slaaneshi terminators with a lord and sorc are devastating with plasmas.

>billions died
Fixed that for you, user

Emperor's Children.
Noise Marines just have better guns and Slaaneshi psychic power, relics and stratagems are amazing.

I like ECs more as a legion but I'd say world eaters for the modeling. Kharn as a plastic model while lucius doesn't.
Beserkers are easy plastic kits while noise marines are seperate resin conversion kits that dont always fit quite right. It's fine to have just one large squad of 10 noise marines in an army but any more than that will drive you off the edge.

Prehaps she's about to assassinate a mouse hiding below the floorboards.

>go EC if you want a hybrid of range and melee
>WE if you want pure melee

>Thousands in a planet of billions
Go fail somewhere else Abbadon.

>but any more than that will drive you off the edge.

Somehow sounds like something too many Slaanesh marines will always do to you ...

Just buy Kakophoni from FW. And berserks are ugly as hell. Especially that skull head.

So if Yarrick is alive because Orks believe him immortal, If enough Orks believe someone is dead do they vanish ?

possibru
IN MIDNIGHT CLAD BROTHERS

That's for the guide, I've been stuck on what to paint my guard

I found my old metal CSM lord (cant take a photo because my phone is broke), and he's got what looks to be a plasma pistol and a chainsword. He has a bald head with a symbol of khorne attached to his face like a mask, and the entire model is metal.

For the life of me I cant find anything that remotely looks like him online. Is he a knockoff mini or something? I remember him being advertised in a white dwarf but this was about 15 years ago so I might just be imagining things.

Alderaan stands.

Weren't they in full retreat long before Cadia shattered in shame?

That looks like a traffic jam just about to happen. Why is there no police officer herding the crowd off the street and waving that Taurox to the correct side of the road ?

>Abaddon out of nowhere

But Abaddon won.

There are like 2 million Cadians left in the galaxy. Not enough to sustain their population in the Imperium.

>tfw no gun big enough to blam the planet

>unpainted guardsmen
typical

The Black Legion sure was.

I think everyone was in retreat.

I just said that I was looking to paint them. Take your pessimism else ware please.

I'd say nice but I definitely think GW is fudging the numbers here

Just try to imagine the amount of loyalist Jimmy's rustled by Chaos winning something

I really liked how he portrayed them. They felt like betrayed tools of justice if anything. I like how they werent complete tools to regular mortals too

Where do i get rules for fortifications in 8th?

My renegades feel pretty fragile without a few tons of aegis in front of them.

>make Abaddon an evil hothead villain who laughs while he twirls his mostache
>wtf I hate it gw! so boring!

>make Abaddon melancholic and slightly sentimental
>wtf I hate it BL! not evil enough! not my Abaddon!

How do they win?

index imperium 2 at the back

Like clockwork.

Loyalist here, I like when chaos wins. Its more fun when you have believable threats. Good guyz winz lul is for mugs.

What are you currently working on anons?

They dont. People dont want a solution, they want to be angry.

>"id say nice"
>whoah he's a butthurt imperial
get some reading comprehension faggot, I play 1k sons

Make the truth somewhere in between like what ADB did.

People are retarded and lack the mental ability to read so we are here now.

Oh but I have no doubt that the efforts of Chaos players (and loyalist players for that matter) don't have any influence over the outcome. It created quite the shitstorm with the Eye of Terror campaign, and GW will not take the risk of that happening again.

Any idea on what the 7 unique Mechnicus abilities for the homeworlds will be?

Sup Veeky Forums - Strategy advice please.

I'm a new CSM player player (World Eaters). I'm playing a 1000 point game against the Thousand Sons.

My opponent has access to a land raider, predator, rhino and rubric marines. So far they've gone full rubric and spammed psychic the last three games.

I have access to the dark vengeance set plus 30x CSM, 60 extra cultists, a predator with all options magnetised, 2 rhinos. 24 x zerkers, 1 helbrutes (with all options magnetized), 1 squad of raptors, 5 terminators and terminator lord.

What would Veeky Forums suggest as a good list using what I have? I don't know the mission as yet so need a flexible force.

getting back into 40k with 8th and starting a harlequin/deldar army. I used to care about army performance but I'm not too concerned about how well the army will do this time around.

filing mold lines and gluing everything is my least favorite part of the hobby, will be glad when I'm done with the first 1000pts. have 2 starweavers, 10 kabalites, and 4 skyweavers to go.

I suggest Peach

Quick question; so I know taking things like Daemon allies in a CSM army detachment prevents them from using the Trait. They can still use the Stratagems and Relics etc where applicable, right?

my will to paint over 100 guardsmen when i know i will switch to steel legion if they get plastics.

Just summon them, then no issues.

Finished this bug not long ago and ive fallen off the hobby train because of study, flyrant is next in line.

This is all I've been able to find online, my lord is basically this except with a different head and a chainsword.

What's the name of this mini? The website i got pic related from calls him a skull lord but google aint giving me nothing.

Actually painting a hundred Guardsmen because service demands sacrifice
I resemble that reference

>Just summon them, then no issues.

More a case of I'm thinking of running Word Bearers where the Legion Trait is of limited use in the first place.

Relics yes (providing the warlord is a CSM), strategems no.

As long as the stratagem does not exclude them from using it, sure.

Here is the back of anyone cares. Needs a touch up but thats another job for another day.

Nice colourscheme

Not sure if this is too busy or not. On the other hand, its going to be leading a bunch of Possessed and Tzeentch Daemons that are pretty busy themselves, so maybe it'll fit in. Thoughts?

Realizing actually building my Eldar army will cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $700 before paint

Death guard, but I ran out of primed minis and can't prime more because of the huge hurricane in the US.

that is some nice ass death korps, user

Really like your colors!

How'd you do the Grey on their coats?

Post pictures of your local shops' gaming tables. Good or bad. This is Warhammer Des Moines.

Not super familiar with Chaos, but might be worth having the big Cultist blob eat up the Smite spam, then use the stratagem to bring them back at full strength before they die on the opponents side of the board (if theres room) to tie up their tanks and stuff.

Thanks bro, I wasnt sure if it was going to work at first but I'm pretty happy with it.

One at the local GW; normally more terrain in the middle, but we were playing on of the Konor scenarios that specifies a mostly empty middle.

Recasts?

Got a primaris chaplain and converted him up lookin all purdy.

Now i just have to actually paint my entire army. Pray for me anons, today is gon be ruf

>make Abaddon an evil hothead villain who laughs while he twirls his mostache
> boring
Not really, I like him as the insane, evil overlord of chaos. He has a good reason to be that way in his backstory but it doesn't excuse what he's doing.

ADB just turns him in to a big didn'tdonuffin. "the emperor made me turn to chaos!" "He's only evil because the sword made him insane!".

>2L bottle of soda

Is that a small in America?

Toss up between repainting my helldrake or the detail on my iron warrior dudesmen. I need to base everything too

Are AdMech viable against other more established factions like Space Marines or Eldar? I know the new codex will probably change the AdMech meta, but I want to start on the army soon and have some models done before the codex release. Do AdMech do alright despite not having a transport or flier for instance?

You can hand prime them

>mfw buildings on the streets

I do like seeing people who actually use minor fortifications as regular units in their army. You don't see that very often. Over all, the board is decent if you could figure out how to put buildings down

Thx m8
Primed army painter uniform grey, Agraxed right after, mechanicus standard grey, wet blended with administratum grey for layering/highlights. (on the nice ones). The others just get the same, but no wet blending.
Yeah, only have a skaven brood lord and a avenger strike fighter legit.

He was so happy about having a 2 liter of his favorite soda, too. He's actually skinny.

That's the issue I have with ADB's version of Abbadon. Rather than a powerfull chaos warlord who knows what he wants and how to get there, ADB turned him into a weakling that is nothing more than a victim to outside influence with barely any free will of his own apparently.

I think the chest claws are a bit too much.

So, any chance of Black Legion audiobook?

Wait for the codex, AdMech are bad right now.

blacklibrary.com/audio/warhammer-40000-audiobooks/black-legion-mp3.html

Are those new?

Looks like the assold metal minis from back then
They are called kasrkin and are scions

No, user.

Brand new 3rd ed models

Yeah, I'm not sold on them either. It also feels a little bare without them. I'm leaning towards without for now, as I'm going to be adding spiders to the base and on the model as well anyway.