The Empire's aristocracy is all made up of werewolves, and everyone knows this

>the Empire's aristocracy is all made up of werewolves, and everyone knows this

Worgens were a fucking atrocity. Werewolves in top hats. How can you fuck that up? Yet Blizzard does, and they do it in so many different ways.

I never understood why vampires got to be nobles in everything when hereditary lycanthropy is like a direct reference to noble inbreeding

>I never understood why vampires got to be nobles in everything

Because haughty assholes that come out at night to whisk away the village virgin just so they can savor her blood is a twisted allegory to rampant decadence by the nobility. It's murder, prima nocte and thuggery all rolled into one - fuck, you could even say their ability to control packs of wolves is a colorful metaphor for their household guard adding muscle behind the madness.

In Discworld, werewolves are the nobility as well, and since Discworld is a parody, borrowing heavily from fantasy of the time, I bet it's a thing in many other books as well.

Because 1897 Dracula did to vampires what Gimli did to dwarfs and Dracula so happened to be an aristocrat. That's pretty much it. Before that, depictions of vampires ran the whole gamut from basically animals to lonely cave monsters to fucking ghosts. Dracula established an image that stuck.

Yeah, easily one of my biggest disappointments for WoW. I think the only somewhat decent thing was the tutorial zone, because it was kind of neat to see the schism unfold when a good chunk of your city's population suddenly turns into bloodthirsty beasts, and even when treated with a medicine to get your free will back there's still that element of distrust.

Is it an empire of Werewolves?

Burial rites. In the past in europe, if you were poor you got buried and staied that way. If you were a nobel you got a crypt, were you might be in a stone coffin. If people were worried about some disapierances it was easy enough to come look at a normal corpse.

Corpses do some horrifying things as they decompose. Like drip red fluid from the corners of their mouth and bloat with gasses. Flesh shrinks back from hair teath and nails, making it look as though they have grown. Thus vampires.

Didn't know that.
>Were-nobility with house names based on who can turn into what
>Were-bears are the proud kingsguard
>Were-tigers are diplomats
>Were-boars are savage, indomitable warriors
>Were-wolves are standard nobility
>Were-rats are messengers and spies

Vamprism has just always seemed so sexual that it feels more like an STD

Vampires are largely based on Jewish stereotypes, one of which is that they secretly control everything.

What would the king be in this case? is the royal family all Were-Lions?

>Were-boars
>Not skilled assassins

Upvoted, good sier

>Were-sharks are the navy

Possibly. Further investigation will need to be made.

Done already in my setting. weretiger leaders, wererats forced to serve

Very subtle

There's a series of young adult novels based exactly on this premise.

>rise of the werewolf
L-lewd.

So we're playing a post-great king era Ardania campaign, cool shit. Death to the followers of Dauros and the United One! Vengeance for Sol de Torvega!

Played in a setting with something similar. Lycanthropy was hereditary, and all werewolves were picked up as children and trained to be the royal guard. They were trained to control their bestial forms early on and the ones who couldn't were put down.

Just looking at the covers, it might be a fun setting to play in. especially if the shifting is only partially controlled.

I'm pretty sure we can blame Underworld for a lot of it.

>werebirds grow wings out of their backs
Dropped.

>Storm of Sharks
>Sharks.
>In a violent weather phenomena...
>Like a Waterspout or a twister or...
Sharknado.

Underworld was very, very late to a very old party.

Good film though, pity it never got a sequel.

XD I love the "I don't like sequels so I pretend they don't exist too! It's just like that XKCD comic!