Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Original Conversion, donut steel edition

>Citadel Paint app... wut
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/21/coming-soon-the-citadel-paint-system-in-your-pocket/

>Death Guard preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/22/codex-death-guard-first-lookgw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: BTFOing the Imps
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user a wamalam bing bong)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/store/product/25mm-Round-Plastic-bases-for-gaming-miniatures-and-table-games-100pcs/2062028_32613623268.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for the Tau Empire!

THIRD FOR THICKEN YOUR PAINTS

>dark Duncan

That model costs 24 quid...

This person took 24 quid of great model and lathered it in a mix of cum and wall paint.

It's fucking disgusting

I hope they die.

All these effeminate 'muh dick' faggots

This general needs more violence

>The Duncan Heresy

I hope people are easier on Guardfags now that theyre aware this shit exists

>Those that thinned their paints
>Those who believed it a pointless measure

>BTFOing the Imps
You might want to double check that

So do they hire giant dudes for these photos or are they just regular dudes on stilts or some shit?

>He doesn't know Duncan is 5'1

New player here, I am trying to make a list and could use some advice. I know the rules, this is more a question of what would be competitive.

The units I have are pedro kantor, a squad of assault centurions with hurricane bolters, an apothecary, and two primaries lts. I will have to use the 3 elite slot detachment.

My question is what should I fill this list out with? I want to maximize the aura effects on some shooty infantry and use the centurions to ward off would be chargers. The IF chapter tactics means enemies in cover won't be able to just sit back with it, and will have to move to me

>not wanting to talk about dicks
What are you? gay?

Those are fans in costumes. Likely stilts.

Wasn't GW fudging the numbers?

Reposting because I have no idea how to make best use of what I have.

Trying to construct a 2000 point list for my space wolves list and I don't know which units are going to serve me better in 8th edition and what HQs are worth it.

Got two squads of 10 grey hunters with only one rhino between them, a squad of long fangs, terminators magnetized for almost any loadout with a LRC, 2 regular boxnaughts, a leviathan, a deredeo along with a footslogging Logan Grimnar, a rune priest, an iron priest, a battle leader, along with wolf priest that could easily be substituted for Ulrik

I've heard that dreadnoughts are much better this edition and I'm probably going to go ahead and field all I've got of them in my list, which brings up the question of what other units would be best suited for playing battle hospice for all those grumpy old men

>I've been taking painting advice from a Manlet
God dammit time to burn my army

No, user. It's all legit. There is no proof of tampering.

No, Xenos just started supporting Chaos en mass last week for one reason or another.

I didn't know Duncan was the president of Russia

There's no possible way you could know that unless you had a store whose players claimed chaos had won the majority of games but the store was declared for the imperium...

Pity Planet for the NPC faction.

Enclaves models soon
Hopefully

>Play Konor as Guard.
>Get Astropath.
>Cast Psychic Barrier on 50 Conscripts in cover/behind an Aegis.
>Spend 1 CP for Warp Surge.

Enjoy the 50 2+ saves until the next turn.

Glorious combat

What else could one ever need

this cant be legal

Chaos might still take this one, we have to see if the Imperium keeps it's current lead or not. The UK keeps swinging wildly from "contested" to "Daemons are raping everything", at least every time I check it.

Why would you want to get up close when there are guns everywhere?

You are going to die in droves.

False, i have a selfie of me and the dunc, I'm 6'3 he at a guess was 6'1"

>Supporting the separatist.

It's like you hate the Empire or something.

You met daddy Duncan?
Did you shake his hand?
How steady was it?

Chaos will win this. GW want Chaos players to at least keep playing for a draw... If they lost this planet all the chaos players would just pack up their shit and give up.

Shooting is for cowards.

Perfectly legal.

Firm and steady, lovely chap.

>Bravery stops a railgun shot to the face from a mile away.

Chaos wins, its a pyrrhic victory for Imperium but the Nurglites manage to summon Mortarion or whatever and retreat from Konor after its been ravaged in order to fuck the Imperium up.

Boom, victory for both and its mildly connected to the release schedule.

the sweet taste of a daemonettes lips?

Bad Orruk painters don't constantly spam this thread and threaten to turn it into a circle jerk of faggots talking to each other about themselves just like what happened to hhg and Veeky Forums. Fuck you morons for tolerating this shit when it shouldn't even be posted here and belongs in WIP General. I'm not even one of the people who bitches about the guardfags, but if you don't understand why they do it, then that just means you're the cancerous newfag ruining the board that you haven't even been on since before 40k generals existed.

I'll gladly trade the old pope farts for more suits and swords

How to do Alpha Legion? I want to do something like use my 30k models for them, but standard Chaos Space marine are so set up for assault I don't know how to do it. I figure my Lord will be some sort of 'assassin' meant for character hunting and tons of cultists, but any other advice?

We all know the Chaos fags would be CRYING if it was 51/49 for the Imperium. It's hilarious watching them go from "FUCKING GW REEEE" to "HAHAAHA IMPERIALS BTFO".

You're right user, all the people with unpainted armies or who don't even play 40k should be the only ones allowed to post dumbass rules arguments and shitposts
Under your rule the general would be a much better place
Instead of bitching about people posting actual content why don't you post some of your own? I play the fuck out of guard and post pictures of my shit, but I also ask questions to try and get people talking about stuff that's actually relivent, or doing those surveys so people can feel good and talk about their army and how they play

Which set?

Don't act like Imperials didn't do the same.

Chaos not being utterly BTFO baffles the mind

what happened to hhg?

Y'know, the amount of 40k players who drive their opinions and shiposting on assorted uninformed memes is disheartening. Out of curiosity and probably masochism I've been trying to find out why some common opinions are what they are, such as the widespread hate for T'au and Space Wolves, and for every logical response or simple "not to my liking" there's half a dozen moronic cookie-cutter meme responses, blatant misinformation or just straight up bullshit.

It's weird. Maybe it's because of the expense of getting into an army, and how the setting is (or was, anyway) built on misinformation and propaganda, but people are very quick to spread bullshit about whichever faction they dislike, often to puff up their own, sometimes out of seemingly nothing but pure, simple spite. There's a point where stepping back and realizing you're getting so worked up about your plastic army men is necessary.

I may be blind or something, but I literally have not seen an Imperial whining about the Konor results, even when they lost last week.

my dick demands violence

It's just bants mate

which do you think?

all 3

Mods are asleep
Post Lewds and cutes
that are blue board friendly

For 40k, just paint CSM minis to AL colors. Use a lot of Raptors and tactical teams. And cultists

>implying combat won't start at melee range when I crash my dreadclaw into your hammerhead.

Real men make war, not love.

mortarion is already walking around in real space.

There are some people who do spew straight vitriol about factions because of how much they actually hate them, though.

...3?

It got cancer

rampant namefaggotry and shitposting, basically a chat room for the same handful of people who hate each other

Glory on the battlefield

There is really nothing else

>not making both simultaneously

>My question is what should I fill this list out with?
For starters i suggest bodies on the field, meaning troop choices to capture objectives.

Smites are broken

Nerf now.

Assuming GW actually cares about the playerbase and we are in fact getting new releases for emperor's children and world eaters soon, what are some essential kits I should pick up for an emperor's children/slaanesh army that I wouldn't have to worry about getting better, plastic recasts almost immediately after I buy them?

>doesn't know about a daemonettes third set of lips.
clearly you've never experienced true pleasure.

Love is for weaklings and cucks. Glorious warfare is the definition of human purity, anything else are distractions that make you weak.

Praise the Bloodfather in his infinite wisdom for making me realize this enlightment.

So, tactical squads then?

I've heard they are very overcosted

DESU, I like having old models too. I have 2nd, 4th, and FW Plague Marines all intermingled. So don't be afraid to buy what looks good to you user.

>he thinks slaughter is warfare
learn some tactics scrub

>wouldn't have to worry about getting better, plastic recasts

daemonettes probably. though I, and many others I'm sure, would like some new sculpts that don't look like utter trash like the current ones do. Everything slaanesh is super old compared to modern stuff so its all probably going to get recasted.

> almost immediately after I buy them?
oh, well we're probably not getting them till 2018, and slaanesh will likely be last so... you probably still have some time.

D6 automatic burns.
Brutal

Didn't somebody say they were putting imgur links of R34 in the OP? I didn't save the links for last time, anybody got them?

>implying anyone on Veeky Forums plays games

>cucks
its like you're trying to excite us. how cute.

>Scale Class: IMMENSUS
What's your favourite type and loadout of Titan and Legio to put them in, anons? I've just seen Pacific Rim and read Titanicus, so go giant death robots.

I personally really like the look of the classic Gatling/Trip Turbo/Apoc launcher Reaver, although I'm a little irritated about the massive eagle splashed all over the carapace not being a fancy Cog Mechanicum, since that would let Loyalists and Traitors use it without looking odd and not all Chaos/DarkMech likes the "all spikes all the time" version.
Legio Kydianos best Legio name, although I quite like the sound of Legio Pallidus Mor just for reference points.

make them cheap, their job is not to dish out damage, but to capture objectives. Or use scouts, scouts in a LS storm are very fast, which is really nice in Maelstrom missions (these are missions where you draw a number of cards tellin u what to do each turn, many cards have get objective 4 or something similar)

I think assuming all the screeching is pure bantz is giving the fanbase too much credit. A good portion is, but consider the target audience. Do you really think it's a demographic that's averse to taking shit way, way too seriously?

What are those balls even called?

A Gypsy Danger themed Warlord with 2 Power Claws

Reposting one last time. Before I disappear again since my mere existence seems to cause shitstorms just because I show up once a week with a Guardsmen update and a question, I was wondering if anyone had non eBay suggestions for bulk 28mm sloped bases like GW has? I need a couple dozen and $10ish for 8 didn't seem like the best idea. Thanks in advance and if I dont get a reply, be excellent to each other.

Dont listen to those that hate.

First all, GW bases are 25mm not 28
second there are some sellers offering MDF bases, who are far cheaper then plastic

>tfw we lose one to raging shitposter

Dude, I linked this store to you last week and you're like "they're not sloped." I've ordered from them and they are almost indistinguishable from GW bases.

aliexpress.com/store/product/25mm-Round-Plastic-bases-for-gaming-miniatures-and-table-games-100pcs/2062028_32613623268.html

New to 40k and I've started collecting CSM, starting with the "Start Collecting" CSM box.

What guns should I equip my hellbrute with? I was thinking maybe Lascannon and Missile Launcher since I want to run an on foot focussed 1000 points army and it would add some anti tank ability. I know multi melta and power fist/scourge is decent but I wanted something other than the DV HB loadout since I'll probably get him too.

And I'm stuck between Black Legion and Alpha Legion, is either stratagem particularly stronger? I absolutely love the fluff for Alpha but I like the idea of running my 1k sons rubrics in the army possibly alongside some khorne stuff in bigger battles. I'm sure it's possible with Alpha but I like all my stuff to be relatively fluffy.

Are we really getting an abitrary paint app before a list builder??

It is one of it. One of its many aspects, the culmination of the tactical decisions that allow you to anihilate the enemy and offer their broken skulls to the Bloodfather almighty.

When you crash into the lines of an Imperial defense cordon, hacking the weakling defenders to pieces.

When you meet the greeenskin xenos in bloody melee and overcome their endless numbers thorugh sheer supremacy.

When you shrug off the vile sorceries of a xenos witch and dismember her brittle body in Khorne's name.

When you board a loyalist battle bargarge and best the foolish defenders in glorious close quarters...

That is warfare. That is SLAUGHTER. That is GLORY.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE

Was not me friend-o but I saw you link that for another guy a few days back I just couldn't find it in the archive. That's really cool. I'll bookmark it and order a batch friday. Thanks!

Come on user making a list builder is hard, it's not like GW could just hire people who worked on any of the many list builders online that already were good

>Youtube

So you admit you are a cuck, good.

Shit, my bad. The way you worded it was exactly like he did.

I have one of those vehicles actually, but heard they are o ly good in 7th

Even after the Imperium lost I mostly saw Chaos players still saying it was rigged in favor of the Imperium but that Imperials somehow fucked up.

And imperials bitching about GW 'fudging the numbers'.

Gypsy did have guns, though, even if they apparently rolled the recharge time randomly every mission. Warlord isn't really kitted for that.

You could do the chest-cannon one pretty well with shouldee laser blasters and power fists, though. Shame Titan Melee is so garbage and flamers are so lame now, because I liked the look of a Saturnyne Lascutter Warlord blasting a whole field of Mechanicum robots and/or Tyranids and such with an Instant Death lascannon hit each.
Flamer Warhound is apparently pretty good, though, however that's meant to work.

for chaos warbands fluff is rather ... well... many are just conglomerations of dudes who follow a strong leader, whether out of fear or promises for riches. So if your warband (which is NOTHING like the legions of old) has some dudes that would not fit in 30k, *shrug*. Besides in HH AL have a rule they can use ANY space marine special squad from some other legion due to having inflitrated.

As for the helbrute: twin las is strong but VERY expensive. Keep that in mind, as the helbrute is not hte most hardy of units.

Honestly even though I'm waiting on plastic noise marines, I love the look of the resin kit. I've just heard there's some some issues with it inherent to resin and it's not super cost efficient for a whole squad even by GW standards.

I actually don't mind how the current daemonettes look, but I'm also new and I'm sure when people say the previous sculpts for them were better, they're right. The main reason I'm waiting anyways is because I'm hoping a dedicated noise marine kit would be more cost effective than buying all the upgrade bits