Movie Aliens vs. WH40K

Xenomorphs, Predators, and other movie aliens vs. Any of the factions in Warhammer 40,000. Who would win?

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AGZkrlcVPTY
avp.wikia.com/wiki/Chestburster
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Xenomorphs would probably just be more efficient genestealers. Predators would fit right in as a minor xeno race that hunt various groups for sport. Both would be minor nuisances as neither have the capacity or care to wage full scale warfare.

all fall to pretty much anything in 40k. Xenos might stand a chance, but aren't much more of a threat than tyrranids, that being said, they may very well be more useful than tyrranids on a hive world. they are stealthier by far, they breed a bit slower, but avoid the whole long process of genestealer cults. it would literally be a month or two of prep and then the whole world would go dark. getting some ogryn dna would make larger, stronger specimins. if they got ahold of a space marine, you might have something really special, as they *may* be able to reproduce all of the special abilities of the marines. if they came across the tyrannids, you would see tyrannids with slight xeno features, but nothing much more unusual. tau is the same as humanity. eldar is interesting, but eventually the same. Orks might be something special though. imagine a waagh of xenos.

Would Ork xenomorphs be green and have access to the WAAGH! field?

>Would Ork xenomorphs be green and have access to the WAAGH! field?
Unlikely, but if they did, they'd probably end up as just a bigger, angrier variant of squigs due to losing what little identity they have to the great green WAAAGH!!! as a result (Several Space Marine Librarians went full Ork when they tried to access the WAAAGH!!-saturated Warp surrounding Ullanor during the Beast Arises series. Directly accessing the WAAAGH!! field is just a great way to end up thinking like an Ork/worshiping Gork n Mork.

I would imagine. they incorporate everything useful about the creatures they use as hosts. so they would get the waagh pseudo-psychic abilities, they would regenerate like its cool, and would shift to breeding by spores and would grow to exponential size as they get older.

We haven't really seen the military capabilities of the Yautja, to be honest. Only their hunting equipment, which are very different things.

Xenomorphs, as mentioned before, would be more efficient Genestealers. It would be interesting to think what the Tyranids could do with them.

Independence Day aliens look dangerous as all hell. If I recall, they had to use pure phlebotinium to penetrate those shields. Also their species seem to be capable of psychic stuff so double danger there.

E.T. phone home. A bajillion daemons answer. No more E.T.

Predators have the tech and physical prowess to fit into 40k, but the lack of interest in conventional warfare and conquering territory doesn't fit the 40k setting. I guess what I'm saying is that it would take a very good writer(s) to make it work.

Odds are they would be another xeno race that is more of a footnote, rather than a main player, every once and a while hearing about some xeno getting killed on Catachan or some Ogryns disappearing over night.

Xenomorphs are complete shit and could get murdered by a PDF regiment with las fusils.

Predators on the other hand are actually dangerous and could pose a threat in their hunts and war making.

Imperial guard. Just because.

Yeah preds wouldn't really give a fuck except trying to fight a titan or something. Which they would fail at.

Yautja military tech is far greater than that of the imperium and matches or exceeds necron tech.

They are Tau level at best.

Don't be fucking retarded. Predator military tech has never even been shown on screen. The stuff you seen them use in the movies is the equivalent of a US special forces going on a hunting trip and using bow and arrow.

And yet the security teams onboard that one ship in AvP: Requiem, which should have used military equipment, did jack shit to the Predalien.

Predators blazers fire beams of heat 6 times hotter than the core of a star.

Nah, they wouldnt go after something like that unless its war. Now, they could go after a space marine or DE or ork, or anything like that if they happen to be hunting on a world and see it fight.

>that one ship in AvP: Requiem
>the ship that was out for a hunting trip is going to come equipped with standard military tech.
Now you're just being ridiculous.

So a shittier plasma pistol.

Xenos just stand there and stare at you for 10 seconds before killing you, so they really wouldn't have even the slightest chance.

Xenos work like batteries. They are born fully charged and will die when they are emptied. Because of this they tend to go into ultra hibernation mode and conserve energy unless the hive is threatened.
Also at this point there are many different xeno species. Some reproduce with a Queen laying eggs and some who transforn people into eggs.
If we go after avp aliens they tend to have a queen.

Actual predator soldiers are implied to be some right bullshit if you include all the sources. They got dark plasma scythes that cause reactions in whatever they hit according to their size and can kill anything in at most 4 hits.

They also have shit like personal kill screen generators which can shoot incoming projectiles and small creatures out of the sky and multi-missile rocket launchers not much smaller than a backpack. The problem is you never see them take out their big guns because the less high tech crap they use to kill things the more honorable they are considered to be.

iirc there was a AvP RTS where you saw military predators. Their standard weapon was a rapid fire version of the plasma caster, with cannons on both shoulders rather than just one. That's basically like having all their infantry equipped with 40k plasma guns.

Might be fun in a necromunda campaign.

The Spyrers are basically already them, so...

Would a Xenomorph chestburster even kill a Ork host when they burst out?

Explain more

Predator plasma guns sever human limbs and make trees explode in splinters. A single shot from an Imperial plasma gun in warhammer will leave nothing but a pile of ash and a pair of boots.

We can already produce plasma 10 times hotter than the core of our sun, not in weaponized form of course.

>Xenos just stand there and stare at you for 10 seconds before killing you, so they really wouldn't have even the slightest chance.
>what is movie suspense?

If we were to give this a valid reason beyond movie scares the. There's a good chance that this is mostly because most xenomorphs encountered are drones that are looking to determine a person's threat level vs their viability as a host. The main goal of a xenomorph is usually the proliferation of the species, so it stands to reason that not every caste will go straight for the kill. A warrior or praetorian however would be a different story entirely, they focus on wiping out the threat first and worrying about fodder afterwards, so there's a good chance you'll either get stealthily snatched and dispatched as quickly as they can manage or bumrushed and violently mauled to death. Queens are a toss up so long as you don't fuck with the eggs.

Yeah, people tend to underestimate how ludicrously difficult (and frankly, inefficient) it is to create plasma beams hundreds of meters long without them dissipating.

In a sense, being able to produce plasma beams is both a testament to a civilization's engineering prowess AND lack thereof. It's like managing to make a racecar that does 100 MPH on square shaped wheels. It's pretty amazing you succeeded but think how much easier it could've been if YOU'D MADE THEM ROUND.

>all of the special bits of space marines
Between no armor/optics, marines being half-optimized for using bolters, and certain modifications being full organ implants, or artificial ones, I don't know how crazy they would actually be.
>*may*
Noted. Given that the belcher gland is already existing in spitter xenos from the comics, I think the only truly disgusting ability would be the whole "eat brains to gain memories" bit.
>eat memories to understand bolter use
No.

Could one even worm its way out through ork tissue?
>oy yah gitz, wots dis "'eartburn" youz is crumping about

Would it even kill an ork? Shit, I'm fairly sure a xenos face hugger wouldn't even be able to impregnate a space marine. The body would break down the egg, and that is if it gets past the stomach first given that space marines can eat almost anything.

thee ork would probably grab the poor little bugger and eat it.

ORKZ WUZ MADE TO FIGHT AND WIN!

Iirc the facehugger begins to produce an enzyme which shuts down the body's natural immune response to the foreign tissue long enough for the xenomorph to establish itself. Now, whether or not this actually hold some merit or is just some fan's head canon that got spread around the fan community, i'm not sure, but it would make sense considering a normal human body would be quick to fight off the invader too.

>ork eats xeno
>immediately has his face melted by molecular acid
The funny thing is this would probably be a common occurrence until a warboss finally got his men to stop eating the bursters as they come out. The sad thing is he'd probably only do it so he could tell them they needed to be cooked first.

Meh. Orks have survived worse

Aren't kroot like low tech predator?

No even remotely, Kroot are physically weak and have pitiful technology.

>They are fierce indeed these Kroot, and savage. I look upon them and tremble at their ferocity. I can only hope that when the enemy sees them they tremble as I do.
Por'Vre'Tau'Cho, Water Caste Envoy to Sy'l'Kell prior to the ambush of the 17th Brimlock Dragoons
Pfft weak try again propaganda pusher!

T3 S3

You just wait for the earth shattering melee options and S boosts in the Tau codex then durn it!

Here are my proposed Predator stats:
M:8" WS:3+ BS:3+ S:4 T:4 W:2 A:3 LD:8 Sv:5+ Invul:4+
The Cloaking Field turns the invulnerable save into a 3+, and -1 to hit past 12" (Inoperable in melee)
The plasma caster is a 36" plasma rifle perhaps? The wrist blades I think should be AP-2.
I figured Predators would be an elite small army perhaps more so than Harlequins or GK.

I figured a T'au player would want Crisis suits fixed but you are so right! Kroot should get the only buffs! :^)

>They are Tau level at best.
Yautja have FTL travel that doesn't rely on going through hell.

Are you implying Predators would be more than S3 T3?

I'd think they would have some kind of infiltrate ability.
Maybe they could deepstrike wherever, attack, and start of next movement they "go invisible" and get removed from play to be deepstriked again later.

Predator's are shit tier.
The average Guardsman could probably beat one in melee.

>youtube.com/watch?v=AGZkrlcVPTY

They would certainly be fucked by Space Marines or Eldar.

And that was a Super Predator.

Yes I am, the first Predator beat Dutch in combat handily, and Arnold Schwarzenegger is basically a honorary Catachan jungle fighter.

Oh hey guys what's up?

My money is on the replicators.

They simply reproduce too fast.

Especially if you consider the nanomachine swarm variety of replicators.

>natural immune response
>to "foreign tissue" in the stomach
Or am I missing something about how the facehuggers work?
I am reasonably sure I am not, based on the movies, as no negative conditions were detected on the Nostromos in a full medical lab.
Then again, I never identified the organ the Deacon was removed from in Prometheus.

If by "natural immune response" you're at all meaning white blood cells and infection defenses, I strictly have to request proof from a specific canon source on those enzymes.

Isn't averge male Fire Caste height 5'2" or something?
The concerning part of kroot is their natural weapons and consumption of the dead, any dead. Kind of like a minx or ferret.
Whereas Space Marines are pitbulls or something.

In all fairness, Kroot buffs mean GW is at least pretending the "alien confederacy" angle of the Tau hasn't been completely smothered by weeaboo fightan robots.

Even if this is true, I'm not convinced that it would have the desired effect on a Space Marine. When you actually stop and think about it, SM are fucking scary.

Sucked into the warp or consumed by an artificial nova or exterminatus or corrupted by Chaos

>See: Bloodtide

I don't know man, that shit eats through spaceship hulls. I mean I'm sure they'd survive it if they all believed they would, but I'm not too certain that it's go well beyond that.

Did a bit of digging around and came back with this from a wiki which describes the whole chestburster thing: A Chestburster is generally introduced into its host by a Facehugger [...] While the terms "impregnation" and "implantation" are liberally used to describe this process, they are not strictly accurate; studies by Lasalle Bionational have shown that no actual embryo is inserted into the host. Instead, the infant Xenomorph begins its life as a knot of specifically tailored cancers that bring about chemogenetic restructuring of the host's cells, essentially "building" the Chestburster from the host's own biological material at a cellular level [...] The manner in which the Chestburster develops from the host's genetic material means that the host's characteristics will in turn dictate, to an extent, the Xenomorph's physical features — embryos are thought to copy 10-15% of the host's genetic code in a process dubbed the "DNA Reflex".This genetic absorption is designed to help Xenomorphs adapt to the environment in which they are born, and also helps the developing creature to "hide" from the host organism's immune system.
Now bear in mind that this is from a wiki page as I said and could actually be complete horseshit. I'm not particularly keen on digging through each source since I'm an impatient man child, but it's the closest thing I could find that would make sense beyond the enzyme production what with the body's tendency to flip its shit with new things are introduced inside it. If you'd like to see the page and whether or not any of the sources cited hold water then here you go: avp.wikia.com/wiki/Chestburster

Also I'm pretty sure that chestbursters never make it that far down the body to where stomach acid would be an issue. More likely they get laid and set up shop somewhere between the heart and the diaphragm.

Some of them might be.

I think they'd quickly spread themselves out to trillions of uninhabited rocks, convert the mass of those planets into replicators and replicator ships, and spread out covering everything that way.

The stargate teams got lucky, but I don't think the 40k world has the brainstorming take advantage of such few opportunities they get.

As for chaos? They're inert, like necrons. I think they're immune to chaos corruption.

Depends on the size of the ork i guess.
And the willingness of the local painbiy to save him.

But i really dont think that severe acid burns are out an orks ability to survive.

>more efficient

You mean inefficient right? the Alien life cycle is one of the most wasteful,risky and time consuming methods of reproduction compared to nids, pretty sure genestealer cultists reproduce faster.

Oh just slap a steel jaw on them, they're fine.

Yautja would work as mercenaries for Dark Eldar, capturing exotic and unusual slaves for them alive, providing the unique service of being trustworthy, unlike a Dark Eldar.

>nothing but a pile of ash and a pair of boots
Are you talking about the target or the guy firing the gun?

First, I'm not sure if the RTS is canon, it took a lot of liberties with some stuff (like making smartguns fire homing bullets instead of the traditional robo arm). Second, it was kinda primitive at best, so I wouldn't take it as an accurate depiction of how anything is "supposed" to work in-universe. Last, even if you do regard it as a source of information, I'm still not sure how much you can make out of the "military predators" like the blazer and hydra. They're just infantry, it stands to reason that somewhere in the entire predator race there exists the capacity to employ combined arms tactics and we have no idea about anything of that sort. It's simply not possible to say how well they'd function as an army.

Xenomorphs are downgraded Genestealers. Less powerful, breed slower, worse at infiltration.

They are as strong as a human and as fast as a SM. They lack the toughness of marines but in rare physical offense they are dangerous as fuck.

AdMech have a field day.

>two 40k power level threads at the front page
are pointless arguments about dumb shit the bread and butter of Veeky Forums?

both

It doesn't take much to get the tau to tremble, that's why they gun everything down from afar remember

"Grr power level threads on the front page!!"
> Bump.
Oh I'm laffin!