Card design

Do you guys think this is good card design? It requires zero synergy and just transforms into an absolute beast when a deck inevitably meets the simple conditions.

I think it's lazy and lacks drawbacks. Post cards you find have good or bad design

I would argue that is does require synergy. You'll never see it flip in something like U/R control. Even decks like B/G Constrictor, Ramaput Red, or Temur Energy would also have difficulty maintaining 5 critters long enough to activate it's transform ability. This is, of coursw, assuming you are talking about it in the standard format. It needs a deck adept at crapping out tokens.

Would you like it more if it required nontoken creatures to sacrifice?

>I flip Westvale Abbey
>okay
>combat
>I path your Abbey

Without synergy it's just way overpriced.
5 creatures and 6 mana (since the Abbey taps too)? If you have something that shits tokens cheap and quick it's great, but making clerics takes too long and costs too much, and if you're saccing non-tokens you're 5-for-1ing yourself, the fattie isn't fat enough to warrant that.

the weakness is that in anything but token decks sacrificing 5 creatures isnt worth it

theres too much bounce/exile for a 9/7 to be better than say, 5 3/2's

>zero synergy
Flip this while playing a control deck against any competent player and I will paypal you cash.
This card is exactly how strong cards should be designed.

It requires sinergy and if your deck is not able to counter or prevent the demon then your deck is lame and your fate is not only suitable but also exemplary

Not strong enough to be able to actually ever play them because you can easily counter them?

It's a top-down design and requires a very specific deck so I give it a pass
I like this one

Literally dies to unsummon.

The flavor is super good and it is pretty balanced because it's tough to flip.

The problem with this card is the unfun game states that Ormendahl creates. They should have removed lifelink. Maybe replace it with trample. It's fine that the giant awesome demon that your cultists have summoned kills your opponent very quickly, but the lifelink makes it impossible to race meaning you have to have an answer or can't win, and some decks have no answer.

>psssh nothing personal

I would redesign the front of the card to be:

T: Add C
4, T: Create a 1/1 white and black Human Cleric token
4, T, Sacrifice four Clerics: Transform and untap ~

Seems more flavorful and balanced. It's easier to get token value of out the card, but harder to actually transform it.

>more flavourful
changing mana costs don't make it more flavourful, what is that even meant to mean?

The flip requires clerics now.

Its a well designed card, i just think the clerics should have lifelink. Instant speed token generation is cool but at 6 and a life for a vanilla 1/1 seems a little underwhelming

1 9/7
5 3/2
There is no world in which the 9/7 is better just looking at the difference in pure force.

>requiring 5 creatures on board and you need to sac them all to get a creature that can still get pathed
It also only produces colorless mana. Does a card need to have the text "you lose the game" to be considered a drawback?

>lacks drawbacks
Well, it takes a lot of mana and time just to spit out something that can easily eat a PtE.

I haven't followed Standard for a few years--has this seen much play?

>zero synergy
What are you fucken dumb?

If you're going to create a thread make sure your opener isn't something so asinine or people will just think you're a simpleton.

2/10 for making me reply. I couldn't fucking help myself.

Not really. It shows in some lists since it's fairly easy to include, gives utility and colorless for eldrazi, but it's rarely used as a threat/finisher. The new deserts made it even less relevant.

Without utilizing synergetic effects, this card effectively says, "{30}, pay 5 life, {T}: put a 9/7 flying creature token onto the battlefield."

I don't know what you think is so good about it; card is pretty bottom-of-the-barrel.

>It requires zero synergy

kek, if anything it requires a fuckton of synergy to survive at the very least 6 turns while also spitting out enough creatures to flip something that can easily die.