Have you ever played a PC that accidentally came off as autistic?

Have you ever played a PC that accidentally came off as autistic?

Tell us about them

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yFqFLo_bYq0
youtube.com/watch?v=7KWkao73HuU&t=565s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I thought Veeky Forums hated self-inserts

>you will never play legos with sara ryder
it hurts to live

I remember when this image was getting spammed here a couple of months ago.

Good times.

>accidentally

It really does, doesn't it?

I played an NPC (who honestly, was supposed to be a bit isolated and bad at social things) and in hindsight the way I played her made me think *I* was autistic.

I'm currently playing a guy that's so Lawful Neutral he might as well be autistic.

>"We promised we'd get the Macguffin back!"
>"But it's literally impossible, we might as well go back and let them know."
>"Fuck you, we promised. I'm getting the Macguffin back with or without you!"
>other players have no choice but to follow because nobody wants to split up the party

Also, fucking every single attempt at diplomacy by calling out the constant stream of lies our Face uses to get his way with NPCs, in front of everyone.

Sometimes I kinda feel bad about dragging the rest of the party along with my bullshit all the time, but it's what my character would do/

>Attempting to sneak into a warehouse where some bad guys have a McGuffin of some sort, I forget what
>Most of the party sneaks around
>Me, Lawful Good retard that I am, walk right up and knock on their front door, asking politely to be let in
>The guard is so assfuck drunk that it works
>I end up strolling in and causing so much confusion and ruckus inside that it makes it easier for the sneaky party to get in and get the drop on them

That was a hell of a game.

>accidentally

kek

>tfw made your own chocolates milk

I played a stone sorcerer recently in a 5e game.

I played him as a wierdo always covered in rocks who didn't like anything that took him off the ground, refusing to use chairs or beds, being incredibly afraid of heights and water.

My character was branded to have the tisims by the rest of my group because he ate a few rats while we were spending a night in one of the Desoleum's under-hives (40k) among the dregs and bums. Didn't want to waste good MRE rations since getting them can be a pain. Don't know how that relates to autism, but what ever

Playing Pathfinder, I made a Cha 5 Tiefling Arcanist (during playtest, so before Arcanist actually cared about Cha). Yeah, he ended up extremely antisocial, awkward around people, and his signature move was using Tiny Hut as a way of giving one-way vision which became known as the "Autism Bubble".

Kinda. Antisocial wizard who had a profound respect for the laws and rules of her homeland and had a fit anytime somebody broke them, so was branded 'The Autismage' by the rest of the party. She did eventually make herself actually autistic in an ill-fated pursuit of mechanical perfection and renunciation of the profane flesh, though.

All of them, because I play myself.

>be autistic
>try to purposefully play as autistic
>overthinks and can't accurately convey internally consistent but obsessive thoughts in game system
>comes across as conflicted but thematically linked, well fleshed out human everyone understands and enjoys
>autistic player gets mad
Pottery

Why do you say pottery in this situation?

Not that user, but it's a corruption of "Poetry", as in, "these things that happened are sheer poetry, in the sense that they were the most expected outcome".

Ohh thanks. My closest guess was just "art".

If I recall correctly it comes from an interview that George Lucas did where he was talking about the prequels and said they were like "poetry", but sounded like he said "pottery". Could be wrong about that though.

>soon my children, soon......

I think this counts
>haven't played D&D in a while
>get excited because there's a FLGS group accepting new members, convince my friend to come along
>show up a bit late, still have to make a character
>want to try my hand at roleplaying a character completely unlike myself, for kicks
>"Hey user, we're about to get started, could you roll something up really quickly? We need a Cleric."
>make a Tempest Cleric really quickly while I'm under pressure, didn't occur to me that they probably wanted a Cleric to heal people
>'What would a Tempest Cleric be like? Um, Viking-ish, maybe. Roleplay him as really over the top and zealous. I've never done a character like that before. Ok, got it, got it!'
>The DM looks confused when I say I have a Tempest cleric but I don't notice at first
>"Alright, user, your character can introduce himself now. There's a townsperson there asking around for help, goblins are attacking and stuff."
>stand up
>yell, "YARGH, KILLING GOBLINS BE ME B-BREAD AND ALE" or something similar
>actually stutter
>entire store gets really quiet
>my friend and a few other players laugh as I turn bright red and attempt to vanish into my seat
>after a pause the DM asks me to roll Charisma
>10
>"A couple people in the tavern seem impressed."
>don't raise my voice for the rest of the game I'm so mortified
It's OK though, I'm better now.

He was, specifically, commenting on the 'romantic' 'dialogue' and 'chemistry' between Amidala and Anakin. The 'pottery' is just an intentional typo when it became a meme years ago, as far as I remember.

youtube.com/watch?v=yFqFLo_bYq0

The prequel trilogy had a lot of "call-back" shots, IE scenes that were deliberately similar to the original films, Lucas compared these to rhyming stanzas in a poem. The Plinkett reviews asserted that said shots were nothing but cheap, lazy fanservice and played the above clip over and over again to mock him. /tv/ made it a meme.

>intentionally make an undead super-spaz
>loyal to pretty much no one
>only wants to be left alone to tinker with his gadgets
>can't properly speak in first person
>manages to be the second most sociable character in the party, just after the bard
>is arguably the least retarded in general

My party members never fail to surprise me, though sometimes I really wish they would.

youtube.com/watch?v=7KWkao73HuU&t=565s