What are some good sci-fi games with this aesthetic?

What are some good sci-fi games with this aesthetic?

>Tight body suits
>Padded flight suits
>Narrow piercing lasers
>Cool looking helmets
>Conanesque gender relations

Other urls found in this thread:

cosmicpatrol.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Cosmic Patrol Quick-Start Rules (Free RPG Day 2012).pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So this is how a female body looks like?Its disgusting

what the hell are Conanesque gender relations?

>That girl
I.. Need to go return some videotapes

You know. Like Conan the Barbarian.

Like this, but in space and with tight lasers and cool helmets.

So... kill the monster and I'll let you fuck me? That's what you're going for?

Or do you just mean that the girls all wear spandex bodysuits, like how all the men wear weird padded rubber suits.

These two things capture something of what I'm after.

Kinda a weird thing to require in your RPGs, but you do you. I'm not here to kinkshame.

Most RPGs dont restrict female characters, but that's something you can easily homebrew in. Other than the gender stuff, what you're looking for is a Space Opera RPG.
I've heard good things about Stars Without Number, give that a try.

Isn't saying "I'm not here to kinkshame" in essence just kinkshaming?

You could also try Slipstream for Savage Worlds. I'm not a huge fan of the system. But that's just me. Also, if Space Opera as a term doesn't work for you how about Pulp Sci-Fi.
And it has the feel you are looking for already built in. But honestly user. What you are looking for could be provided by just about any sci-fi RPG system. Since what you are going for is the aesthetic and feeling of the setting. Which is for the most part divorced from the rules.

Also, it's a philosophy, not some weird sex thing.

Isn't Space Opera some grandiose and pompous thing where some clean and shiny hero saves the galaxy through honourable deeds? I'm looking for something a little less epic and a little more ambiguous.

>Pulp Sci-Fi
What is this?

The philosophy of "women are there to look pretty and fuck me"?

Seems like a sex thing to me, but whatever man.

Not really? I mean, grandiose maybe, but not pompous. A lot of popular Sci-Fi is a subset of Space Opera. Mass Effect 1 (not the sequels as much), Star Wars, The Last Starfighter.

What kind of Sci Fi are you trying to emulate exactly?

Space opera is just melodramatic. Can be shinny or gritty. Main thing is special people who have large impact in the setting and their relations.

I don't understand, play pretend doesn't have a defined aesthetic.

Pulp sci fi is the genre of sci fi printed in pulp magazines.

Broadly put, a form of escapism with an emphasis on using technology and cleverness to solve problems.

>What kind of Sci Fi are you trying to emulate exactly?

I want lots of monsters--almost all aliens should be monstrous. I want lots of women. I want technology to be secondary, or perhaps even tertiary. I want a lone hero that can ascend from utter thrallhood to god-king through sheer strength of will. I want a shattered universe that has seen much better days. I want space-travel to be somewhat rare. I want the galaxy to be filled with strange cults and religions. I want Interplanetary empires to be weak. And so on.

So... sword and planet style sci-fi?
How many players are you looking at for this game? That genre tends to focus on singular heroes more than a group of them.

>I want lots of women
Like, more than 50% of the general population?

>How many players

Three players.
A hero, a companion, and a concubine.

Are we really at the point where attractive women are considered a niche fetish?

No, but all women wearing spandex and wanting to screw the hero is. Specifically the spandex part.

That sounds boring for one player and REALLY boring for another player.

They all agreed to this?

>They all agreed to this?

Not yet, but they will.

Settingwise check out sword & planet stuff. John Carter of Mars series by Edgar Rice Burroughs, Green Star Series by Lin Carter or the Planet Of Adventure by Jack Vance. They're short, you can read one in an afternoon and go from there. Just describe everyone in puritan no-skin-but-naked suits and it should be all good. Put some hexagons on shit so its more contemporary.

Stainless Steel Rat series, Dorsai!, early delany stuff all would work fine too.

Yeah, that's not the least bit worrying.

Anyway, go with Fate. You're playing off Genre Conventions, and Fate turns those conventions into actual mechanics. Slap a retrofuturism skin on it and you're good to go.

OP, go google "Cosmic Patrol", from Catalyst game labs. Pic related is art from the rulebook.

>The philosophy of "women are there to look pretty and fuck me"?

That's not philosophy, that's the way life works.

More rulebook art.

Conan also had a string of capable warrior women too, who were often a match for Conan, if not in combat then they were craftier, etc. There were a fair share of damsels as well though, so the trope is a trope for a reason.

And that's why you always lose,perty.

Wait, I forgot CGL put out the quickstart rules for free RPG day a few years back. Here:

cosmicpatrol.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Cosmic Patrol Quick-Start Rules (Free RPG Day 2012).pdf

Why don't more people talk about that?
>looks at thread
Oh. Right. Horny lonely dudes...

It's the normal, natural, and ubiquitous sex thing, yes.

GURPS

nah man, he wants tech to be secondary and tertiary. Downplaying guns over brawls isn't the GURPS way.

Yeah, and it's weird to ask for an RPG that caters to your sexual preferences. Most RPGs don't have rules for that, it's assumed that the sexual content will vary from table to table. OP wants a system that has a specific sexual dynamic built into the game itself.

It can be done though! Pull a Dune and have shields that react violently to the laser guns.

True. When he said "I want to downplay tech", I never considered that giving everyone energy shields would do that, but it kinda would. For the human enemies at least.

bump

bump
I love this thread

For more fantasy, make the shields "orgone aura boosters" or some such that amplify life force, justifying higher HP for higher level/hit die people.

last one

Most of that stuff is going to be campaign construction and not really system specific.

>boob vein
That's a pretty rare occurrence in art.

Unfortunately. I like things bulgy and bursting with vitality.

What's it's like prefering dick?

Like... preferring dick, I guess. Sorry if you thought you were clever or something.

Hasn't really been working out for you, I see.

user, finding attractive women attractive has been called 'perverted' for two full generations now. Nearly three.

Maybe if you people stopped constantly making clearly fetishized artwork of us all the time, or stopped eyeraping us constantly, your "attraction" (so-called) could be treated as normal behavior.

But you wont, so it can't. And now we don't need you as long as we have a good dildo and a turkey baster. Deal with it.

Imagine this, but infused with lovecraftian horror.

Puritans been a thing since 16th century. White people are totally fucked up about fucking. Its just how they do.

Space Opera is character drama in space. Star Trek - the original Star Trek from the sixties - is both the popularizer of the genre and still one of the best (as in well done) examples. The basic idea is that a regular cast of crew members with strong opinions and interesting relationships go around bumping into weird space crap which inevitably leads to personal dilemmas, conflicts of interest, etc.

I am always a little irked when Space Opera is brought up, because this definition is often conflated with other, similar genres of space fiction (Traveller isn't Space Opera, it's Military Sci-fi ala Heinlein.)

The mixture of capable warrior women and not-capable damsels is part of what gets my dick hard though, if it was one or the other it'd be less good.

>The mixture of capable warrior women and not-capable damsels is part of what gets my dick hard though

Not only are you wrong for thinking that way, you're also sexist for still desiring un-capable damsels in your entertainment.

Not that guy, but why is it sexist? I like strong heroes interspersed with helpless normies for both genders, because it's reasonable that not everyone can be badass and it makes the ones that are stand out. Why can't I have normal women along with warrior women to make the warrior women shine more just like I have normal men along with my warrior men to make them seem more heroic. Just saying "if you ever have a woman who is helpless then you are sexist" is kind of bullshit.

>sexist debate

We all know there is a double standard user. Even they aren't dumb enough not to realize it. They just don't care that they are hypocrites because bitching about how bad they have it is how they sqeeze us for money and develop their political power.

>They just don't care that they are hypocrites because bitching about how bad they have it is how they sqeeze us for money and develop their political power.

Why should we care when it's clearly working?

Is baby sad because the shoe's on the other foot now?

Nice try user, but we all know there are no girls on the internet.

This bait is a bit obvious, maybe dial it back a tad.
I'd suggest being a bit more passive aggressive with it.

I think the double standard in this case runs a bit deeper than that. A hypersexualized male body is seen (confusingly enough) as less inherently sexual (and in a more positive way, at that) than the female body.

Only because men appreciate the effort that goes into maintaining a body like that and admire those who succeed with it.

Meanwhile women will be dying of jealousy and look for opportunities to tear each other down while projecting the hatred on men to rationalize it.

I would hardly call USA "whites". They are they own fucked up thing than it's leages away of other whites in the Americas or Europe. Unless be white you mean Skandis.

I know lots of gays than jerk off to super heroes, or women than do so with Jackeman or the guy than does Thor.

Larger image.

none, the old sci fi aesthetics were awful, take off your nostalgia goggles gramps

have a look at the storm comic series.. you are welcome OP

Psionics/Magic as the basis of FTL should give this to you.

Before current time a mighty human empire was built with psionic nobility as its main pillar. They could route whole companies by themselves, fight against a spaceship (albeit small) naked and they could pierce the space-time allowing for fast and effective FTL. With them Empire flourished.

But then a couple of alien species that envied the might of the Empire made a secret coalition. Through bribes, blackmail or intimidation they gathered under their banner other weaker species and using them as meatshields they waged war upon the Empire.

In the end humans won, scattering aliens over the stars and crushing their nations. But Empire too didn't come out of the war unscathed. Nobles were the backbone of Empire's Spacey and as such they were almost always on the front. Many bloodlines either completely perished or were greatly diminished. No longer Empire could keep control of all their worlds. Outer provinces either split or were demanding some kind of autonomy. Pirates and warlords were lurking in the shadows. And aliens even though beaten were trying to make a new plan to bring the Empire down.

So a character could be a minor noble or say son of a noble's bastard with psionic abilities.

Traveller, kind of?

Really hoping this is just tumblr roleplay and not genuine

Giant Woman

It always is.

I think Tales of the Space Princess might fit what your trying at.

I agree.