This is your new party

This is your new party.
How does your character fit in?

My character's the guy on the right except without the kissing, so that'll be a bit awkward.

>The hoplite with the smiley face shield
Cute

I like Mailbox Knight, personally.

> Anime Severus Snape with a gun and a set of powerful fuck you spells approaching.

>Genial, friendly wizard Yoshikage Kira and his Darkness Dragon wifey
They're never aware of his existence so nothing really changes there. It's more how they get along with a dragon who loves magic, secrets, and fear.
They start shit with her, though, and Kira will BITE ZA DUSTO them in a heartbeat.

He hates everyone but can appreciate being the only mage who rounds out the party.

Tell me more.

Seven person party? I dunno about this.

>Knight
>Hoplite
>Legionnaire
This is making me want to play a setting that is just an amalgamation of timeline fuckery.
>Your knight is about to charge the enemy in a major battle when they are blinded by a flash of light and flung from their horse
>When they come to they are in the middle of a field with no signs of battle
>Walk to a nearby village seemingly populated by Romans and Mongols
>Mirror earth but time portals dump random people from across time and space into it

>The party eventually attracts the attention of one of the guardians of spacetime.
>The knight is worried that history is ripping itself apart.
>Guardian reassures him that history is not being torn asunder.
>It is, in fact, being smashed together.
>"As if you baked a pizza, and carefully separated the topping into individual slices so everyone would get exactly what they liked when pieces were distributed."
>"And then you picked it up by the edges, wadded it up into a ball ,and fed it through a blender."
>The knight inquires what a Pizza is.
>The Hoplite helpfully informs him, but doesn't understand what a blender is.
>Everyone else knows.
>Guardian of spacetime smacks forehead.
>"I should have expected this. I have a tablet computer on one hip and a stone axe on the other."

What a bunch of faggots

Sounds kind of like the setting for Drifters only with random foot soldiers instead of historically significant figures.

I like it.

I've always thought it would be cool to run a campaign like this by sending each player involved slightly different setting information.
As in, I'd send one information on how the Adz Empire, after years of quagmire battling the Sufjan Sultanate, finally came to a non-aggression pact with them in 1645. Then, I'd send another one information about how rumors in the court of Adz say that the Emperor plans to announce a crusade against the Sultanate in the springtime of 1604, and that all the smart merchants are getting the hell out. Ideally, I'd put some kind of a restriction on talking to each other about setting information OOC and only let the players realize the predicament they're in once they're in character, at which point they have to figure out what time they're in right now based on the information they have, and maybe find their ways back to the times they're from.

It's sort of a pipe dream campaign, but one can dream.

Sounds a lot like GURPS Banestorm, user.

I'd take it a bit more lowbrow:
Group character generation, let the party pick their specialization and role..
and then produce the hat.
"Okay everyone, in this hat is the magic special stuff of this game's concept. Each of you gets two draws, these draws are absolutely positive, and they add to your character, but they also make some changes."
And then the cards all have things like "Modern Urban setting" or "Reconstructionist Japanese setting" written on them, with bonuses like "Vaccinated: +2 saves vs. disease" and "Dedicated Student: +2 skill points in any INT-skill of your choice" Crap like that, dependant on system.
The players could then mold their character around the environment they had sprung from, with it's ludicrous mixture of historical settings.

P1: "I'm a Viking Shieldmaiden from the Tough Streets of 1985 Boston. I give defensive bonuses to fans of the Celtics."
P2": "Fuck yes. I'm a Celtic Druid from the Tibetan peaks of the Himalayas where time stands eternal.
P1: "Ooh Nice"
P2: "Thank you."
P3: "I'm a Tibetan Gunslinger from Post-apocalyptic Australia. Apparently I have Zen Gunplay."
P4: "Well, I'm a Islamic Rock & Roll musician from war-torn Poland."
P2: "World War Two?"
P4: "No, 1610. I actually get bonuses from being a member of the Winged Hussars."
P1: "Jesus Christ."

From left to right:

Jaghatai,Lion El Jonson,Vulkan,Leman Russ,Kitten,Roboute Guilliman

Disgusting scum

He's a bloodthirsty realistic pirate, with all the paring and pillaging to go with, but he dresses like a pirate from a children's cartoon, all red and blue pinstripe, and he has some less serious quirks about him, like a bag full of limes. Always full of limes, no matter what you put in, or how many limes you take out. It is always full and always only contains limes. Scurvy is no joke.

So yeah, he'd get along with an entire party of stupid post ironic characters. Fortunately, that's my group.

Doing time periods out of a hat would be easier to implement, maybe, but I just thought the difference in setting information would be a cool way to really evoke that feeling of being from different eras. I mean, for two Roman citizens who live in, say, AD 70 and AD 79, the name of a certain idyllic resort town by peaceful Mount Vesuvius is going to mean one of two alarmingly different things. I feel like it'd be really cool to get to simulate that kind of history shock in a way you really couldn't get from going, "All right, you were a Roman in AD 70 so you don't know about Pompeii, because it hasn't happened for you yet. You'll probably be surprised when you find out about it."

The idea is that the players would also be surprised, so it'd feel more authentic. It'd also all be made up, so I could have lots of things like that. And it wouldn't all be about new developments, either, but old things that have been forgotten as well. Like, we don't know if King Arthur existed or not. Well, somebody from ancient England might! So there would be "history shock" for people from later time periods as well as older ones.

The biggest thing I need, aside from enough setting information to make up all these different moments of time, is some kind of a compelling explanation for why time shenanigans are happening in the first place, which I don't have yet at all. I figure that would be the main thrust of the adventure, so it'd pretty important.

There have been budget cuts in the Space and Time department, so to save money, some eras are getting madhed together

fuck, did I miss an Oglaf?

>Timid but easily-annoyed Psyker with a couple of Eldar gubbinz he lucked into

Probably not well.

Stay mad, Perty-boy.

An immortal undead assassin who gave up godhood because he was sick and tired of babysitting everyone and dying over and over to save his friends only to watch them all die anyway while the world falls apart.

He'd probably accept his place in the stupidity of the new party and end up being the straight man of the party who's miserable the entire time so that everyone else can have someone to bounce their antics off of. After the crap he's put up with for years, this is just another adventure with people less serious and edgy than him.

Mailbox Knight is best character. Imma befriend him and show him my mailslot, if you know what I mean.

>Imma befriend him and show him my mailslot, if you know what I mean.
What did he mean by this?

I think this user wants to be sexually penetrated by the mailbox knight.

So, Drifters then?

New management says that History is getting too long and hard to manage. So it's being abridged, and they're throwing out all the stuff that doesn't matter.

You're the stuff that doesn't matter.

New management shoulda spent a few years working down here with the temps.
They're clearly fucking incompetent.

My second RPG character.
My first one was basically Naota Nandaba from FlCl but grown up and gone space pirate in a trashy anime crossover game.
So, I went to a forum RPG about a magic school where wizards and demons are teaching the young some magic and discipline.
> create a teacher: a slim gothic guy who is also an alchemist
> realize he is basically Severus Snape, so make him one big allusion to Snape
> realize that everyone else including some students is OP AF
> give him spells that are powered by a magic mirror in his possession
> the two most powerful spells are 1) reflecting half of a spell cast on the alchemist back to the caster, and 2) trapping a character in a prison of mirrors where he/she must fight against three phantoms representing his/her past, greatest fear, and greatest weakness.

Yeah, but what are you gonna do? Now, War of 1812? Anything important in that that couldn't be moved to the American Revolution? No? Okay, throw them in the History Hole.

>How does your character fit in?
He doesn't. He's comically out of place.

>Douchebag Aarakocra Pirate Swashbuckler (reflavoured Monk) who kicks ass and hunts booty
He'll probably just be mad at the guy who sent him here for misunderstanding what he meant by "delicious booty"

So, kind of like the concept of Predators, where they dump a bunch of people from different cultures in the jungle and begin the hunt?

>a Shadowrun ork with a literal pink mohawk that talks like he's from 40k

they lack dakka but i admire their style.

>implying that American Revolution was important.
Didn't you get the memo? That was removed from history. British and French just forgot about colonies due to condensed three world wars at the time.

It was hard to cram the war of 2023 and previous world wars into one period.
We had to improvise nukes from wood,tar and some uranium.

>but he dresses like a pirate from a children's cartoon, all red and blue pinstripe

...Actual pirates dressed like that, Calico Jack was famous for it and such fabrics were highly valued both for wearing at see but also for trade.

>2017
>People don't get "True Names" references
It's Mailman. Jesus, kids those days...

>A single guy did that, so it's true
See your fallacy?

Pro-tip: the amount of cartoonish pirates to the rest was as proportional to flamboyant guys (and gays) today toward the rest of the population. No, fashion didn't have to do anything with that, since fashion during the golden age of piracy was pretty subdued.

He drinks more sake.