My campaign doesn't have a villain. Good and evil are just words that can be twisted into whatever you wish them to be...

>My campaign doesn't have a villain. Good and evil are just words that can be twisted into whatever you wish them to be. And by the way, aren't adventurers essentially homeless, psychotic murderers for hire.

What does your post have anything to do with Men's Rights Activism?

>My campaign doesn't have a villain. Good and evil are just words that can be twisted into whatever you wish them to be
keep on being a faggot
> And by the way, aren't adventurers essentially homeless, psychotic murderers for hire.
so what? they slay fedora neckbeard numale faggots for Duke Banhammer

This. Kill the numales

Bro, please, this board needs to be my safe space. Don't trigger me.

Yeah God forbid we do something other than "hordes of intrinsically evil ugly people working for some dark lord or another threaten the kingdom, let's stop them with copious killing" for once, wouldn't want to become overweight child actors in unfashionable hats.

>his game has moustache-twirling silver age villain stereotypes who are just evil for evil's sake because a story needs a clear villain, obviously
>not just a cast of factions and individuals with interesting cross-motivations
>his games include a binary hero/villain divide instead of just presenting everyone as being flawed and human
>being bored with low-investment pawn-stance characters is equivalent to edgy ethical nihilism

>My campaign doesn't have a villain. Good and evil are just words that can be twisted into whatever you wish them to be
Whatever m8
>And by the way, aren't adventurers essentially homeless, psychotic murderers for hire.
I have seen this done twice and it's already getting really really old.

Yeah, they were fun for the first millionth time but with uppity "intellectuals" like you guys, it lost its charm.

>What are Ronin
>What are mercenaries

>replies to ironic greentext
>insults the designated quoted person's picture
How clueless can you get.
What is this whiffleball shit.
Gotta be a samefag, right?

you must be very fucking new....

Who are you even making fun of?

>Good and evil are just words that can be twisted into whatever you wish them to be.
My problem with this is that it's always rendered as something like, "Sure, Group A might be stuffing persecuted minorities into enormous vats and rendering them into alchemical components, but they're using the money from the sale of those components to build orphanages! And the members of Group B may messily devour infants on a daily basis, but they're the only thing stopping the Hyperdamned from boiling reality!" It's never the plain ol' "basically decent, reasonable people locked in an unfortunate and difficult-to-resolve dispute" situation that characterizes most cases that could realistically be described as morally grey.

I'd like an explicitly "morally grey" setting that was just kinda normal. Regardless of whether good and evil exist, people will typically just do what they want to do regardless, and probably can't really do anything but what they want (on some level, or at least want more than they want the alternatives) to do, if you're into thinkers like Sartre or Stirner.

>his game doesn't have a rich moral spectrum with a myriad of different groups and individuals chasing their own conflicting interests and priorities
>in addition to mad wizards trying to summon dracoliches and servants of chaotic gods plotting to kill the king for no reason other than sowing discord

This guy gets it.

>The conflicts of these lads are as complex and deep-rooted as they are myriad. Love, family, power, wealth, order, duty, every soul has some reason for the things they do.
>Except the Dark Lord Edor'kash, Drinker of Souls and Slayer of Countless. He's just an edgy prick.

Gotta be able to team up with the "villain" to fight the Villain in the final arc.

>>his game has moustache-twirling silver age villain stereotypes who are just evil for evil's sake because a story needs a clear villain, obviously
Are you seriously suggesting this is a bad thing? The best villains are the hyperbolic moustache-twirling bastards. Lex Luthor, Black Manta, you name it, it's great.

>capeshit
>good

Nah.

But seriously, I find villains like that boring as hell.

I am an edgy nihilist but in the games I run there are pretty clear villains.

They aren't chaotic stupid, and maybe some of them are just victims of circumstance. But they are still pretty clearly cast as the villains, provided the player characters don't want to die.

You can run a game that respects the arbitrary nature of morality, and have villains with complex backgrounds, while also respecting the completely non-arbitrary distinctions we make on acceptable behavior to keep society running (and to avoid being murdered). The fact that my players do not want their society to collapse or for their loved ones to die gives them de facto villains.

In any case, in the settings I am using the uncaring universe of our world isn't a thing and good and evil are divinely defined.

Now I've never read Aquaman, nor capeshit in general (Donald Duck comics are the only ones I've read with any regularity), but Black Manta looked fucking hilarious from the excerpts people have posted on Veeky Forums

So pointless, psychotic and edgy one can't help but laugh at the absurdity

Really makes you think

Both have a point, are needlessly criticized and don't achieve anything in the long run.