/edh/ - EDH/Commander General

Titties edition

OLD THREAD: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but have GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/
scryfall.net/

Thread Question:
What are your pet cards which you stick in every deck in appropriate colors?

Other urls found in this thread:

scryfall.com/search?q=(o:create o:token) id:bg&status=302
deckstats.net/deck-13902149-0991c64548478f9df4b8d200f01ab125.html
youtube.com/watch?v=owQtmwiwLpQ
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/erebos-sac-race/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/no-favorites-everyone-dies/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hi-inalla-mays-here-with-lots-a-dudes/
edhrec.com/commanders/selenia-dark-angel
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/white-rebel-motorcycle-club/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Thread Question: Helm of Awakening. It's an all-star, particularly in my Emrakul deck.

Instant speed grave hate + regularly gaining more than 12 life. What's not to love?

>What's not to love?
2B

3 mana, only hits creatures, lifegain is shit, doesn't cantrip

How is this for a Sunforger package for Alesha?
>Boros Charm
>Eerie Interlude
>Enlightened Tutor
>Lapse of Certainty
>Path to Exile
>Return to Dust
>Swords to Ploughshares
>Utter End
>Anguished Unmaking

Of the 3, Queen Marchesa is definitely the best, but you seem like you want other players to draw and the best Queen Marchesa does not let other people draw. But you can build a version of her that is more about forcing action instead if just using her as a command zone phyrexian arena if you dont mind a suboptimal version.

It's time for your examination

>What are your pet cards which you stick in every deck in appropriate colors?

So much utility.

i just want to have fun, playing cards i find interesting.
timmy for lyfe

that card is really good. My favorite is pairing it with kederekt leviathian for 3 mana instant speed devastation tide with buyback

I need token-producers, token producers for Mazirek!

Not sure it's worth it but I've been meaning to try Comeuppance in Sunforger packages.

I also like Unexpectedly Absent in sunforger packages since it can answer anything (temporarily)

Both Monarch and Mathas's bounty xounters seem like theyd have s fun game behind them. Never played eith it but Monarch in particular strikes me as being really fun. And i can imagine the fun tasble talk with Mathas's bounty counters.

Sengir autocrat
Kozoroda Guildmage
Golgari Germination
Endrek Sahr
scryfall.com/search?q=(o:create o:token) id:bg&status=302

>titties edition

Well, speaking of titties, enjoy this blog post.

>met a cute Latin lady at work
>total cougar status, THICK with a sexy accent, into Lord of the Rings and has clearly taken exceptional care of herself because she looks younger than I do
>After hanging out a few times she finds out I'm into magic because, apparently, nerdy white boys are her type
>Asks what it is, and clearly I'm embarrassed to talk about it, but hassles the shit out of me until I explain
>buy her one of the new precons the day they come out, cats, and I'm playing Wizards
>she has a blast, just fucking loves it
>Wants to know all the cards and gave me take her to the flgs to show her off to my friends
>yesterday we played magic at a picnic table in a natural history museum
>Today she went with me to pick out new cards for her deck
My life is awesome boys. Stick with commander, apparently bitches like it.

Post pics

maybe a queen marchesa deck should be brewed then.
pillowfort politics might work

unsubscribe

Queen Marchesa or Sydri?

they both seem like fun build around commanders, would probably play Aetherflux eggs Sydri and I'm not sure what I'd do with Marchesa

>Question

Fuck you

What's the best precon deck to get into commander>

whichever one seems the most interesting to you, outside of wade into battle or gay kings they are all good

An eminence commander or oloro. They mechabically are the closest to 60 card magic

Even both of those decks have some pretty good staples and at least gay kings getd you kraum (and I think ludevic is fine but whatever)

Marduchesa isn't really build around. If you want a build around commander then you want sydri

ya, i just hate them

>implying I should play vintage with it instead
Good one, user.

what do people do with marduchesa then?

goodstuff/value/combo

i'm a shitter but here's what i got going so far

deckstats.net/deck-13902149-0991c64548478f9df4b8d200f01ab125.html

I'll try to get one later tonight, but she's Guatamalan, about 5'2", has long naturally curly hair, cute round facial features, nice full lips, around 140lbs. Really nice skin, you'd have no idea how old she is unless she told you, and the accent is pure fucking sex.. She'd probably give Nin a run for her money upstairs, and recently lost leonin'd me with battle mastery t5 into my durdlefest board. I was pretty impressed.

Don't. Brew one yourself.

>wanderwine leaps up to $20

So where do you guys see this stopping at, given that it's the Hot Deck Of The Moment? I know Lorwyn was incredibly underprinted, but I don't know how much EDH can push up a single card.

Thanks.

>youtube.com/watch?v=owQtmwiwLpQ

I watched Tolarian's video on the best precons.

His list;

Honorable Mentions
>Entropic Uprising
>Power Hungry

Ranked (Worst to Best)
>Breed Leathality
>Eternal Bargain
>Mind Seize
>Plunder the Graves
>Invent Superiority

I kinda wanna hold onto this deck for a while. I'm leaning towards Invent Superiority, because it's available for a decent price at a store near me.

Is it the wrong move to get it?

Thanks again.

Nice score if this isnt all just a ruse

Getting a good 4c manabase gets very expensive very fast. Otherwise go for it.

my friend has made a dany targaryen theme and given her a bunch of dragon cards

Thanks user, I appreciate that. I'm honestly really happy for the first time in a while. I can't wait to show her my Brago flickerstax and artifact tutors deck. One day she'll be good enough to beat it, if I'm lucky.

How can I further tune my erebos decc?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/erebos-sac-race/

Damn nigga that's tight. You're living my dream

How old is she?

Goodstuff or defensive/pillowfort strategies to make the most of Monarch

>thread question

Manifold Insights is my favorite card from C16. Three guaranteed non-lands is great for 3 mana. You might be thinking "well they'll just give you the worst cards". But you get around this by only putting good cards in your deck.

She's 40, I'm 25.

I'd add Teferi's Protection in there.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/no-favorites-everyone-dies/

Any thoughts on my take on stax?

Fair enough, but you will generally not get what you need at the moment, unless you can strike a deal with someone

Yep, living the dream

Good on ya, don't fuck it up

I really hope that Nu Radha is both a thing and EDH playable.

3 cards for 3 mana is actuslly a good rate. My problem with the card is that its actually worse than drawing the top 3. If a win con is in the top 3, you will never draw it with manifold insights. But the hard ca may still be worth it.

Aristocrats. If anyone hits you, you get to take monarch back and then fuel sac outlets further. Built correctly, you won't need any substantial draw outside of the monarchy due to how often you spend your whole turn wheeling in and out of your yard.

Looking for some more shit for my Inalla list to pick up once I get my paycheck for this month: tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hi-inalla-mays-here-with-lots-a-dudes/

As mentioned in the description, generally looking for some (not SUPER expensive) upgrades that would interact well with the deck theme and Inalla's Eminence.
Also, suggest me something to cut for Cyclonic Rift.

vivid lands are just plain bad, you should be fine with 35 land. Gives you room for rift+1

A lot of people mistakenly think that Vivid lands are good because they were once used in a good Standard deck. But that manabase functioned purely based on how Reflecting Pool worked with those lands and because the deck was just a conglomeration of color-heavy spells like Cruel Ultimatum and Cryptic Command.

Vivid lands are trash.

That Stuffy Doll is an awesome touch.

>zero grave hate

I want to play in a meta where you can get away with that.

Try mine. I get away with a lot of disgusting shit with Alesha and my friend does likewise with Meren. Until I nuke his yard with Tormod's or Bojuka Bog

>creature

It was so close to being a good niche card.

Thread Question: If the deck has B, Liliana Vess is one I tend to try and fit in.
If it has W, Eldrazi Displacer is just a neat package of value.
If it has G, Ramunap Excavator has just became a favorite.
If it has R, Pyroblast and REB are what I absolute love to use.
As for colorless cards: Ashnod altar is an absolute all star in any deck I play, no matter the theme.

My meta is Xenagod "cheat shit in from hand", Nekusar "just draw cards LOL", God Tribal and Teysa Combo-Tribal. The only decks using the grave at all are my own Kaalia deck, the Nekusar guy's Sidisi deck and the God guy's Kaalia deck and we rarely play those casually anymore and unannounced. I honestly often just forget about it since it's never really any use.

Yeah, I am well aware Vivids are bad in almost all circumstances (I'd argue they're OK in Atraxa Proliferate decks). Only reason they're in there is because they were in the precon and I didn't bother upgrading the lands yet.

Anyone got fun Mono White? A buddy of mine already has Odric, Lunarch Marshal, and I don't have much interest in equipment.

Any ideas? Something fun?

Hokori stax

Oh right. That is a huge downside.

I always add Sheoldred to any black deck

One card that I wanted to make work was pic related, but the most impactful plays have been to cast for 0 and sac half of my guys in Mazirek

>fun
>monoW

Oh have I got some bad news for you

>Thread Question

I honestly don't have any. I tend to like tribal, so maybe some of the new cards from C17 will work their way in. Even my Brago deck has a side of spirit tribal.

Radha, catfucker 1rg
elf warrior
Whenever a creature you control becomes tapped you generate (r/g)[hybrid mana may be spent as though it was it was a mana of either color and only pays for one mana]
1wg: untap all other creatures you control. If radha, catfucker becomes tapped before this ability resolves counter it instead. You cannot activate this ability more than once per turn
["What powerful muscles you have Ajani." Radha, queen of keld]
2/4

That card looks awesome for my suicide deck

Lin-Sivvi for a fun tribal deck.
Masako the Humorless for some janky shit that surely must have some retarded random interactions.
Soraya the Falconer to make people hate you because of banding.
Celestial Kirin board wipe tribal.

Could also do that with it. Just pay the life

Why a suicide deck?

Kataki, tax collector.

Because I thrive on blowing out entire tables while having a single-digit life total

Also life is a resource that I abuse with impunity

These are all great suggestions they're all so fucking cool. Thank you user.

Anything Lin-Sivvi excels at? I know a ton of the rebels can just tutor for each other.

Aside for Death's Shadow, are there any other cards that benefit from a low life?

edhrec.com/commanders/selenia-dark-angel

Selenia is a really good commander for low life shenanagins. Most bullshit stuff can be found on this page.

Huh. Sounds fun

I didn't know such a counter to Blood Moon existed. I know a guy who really loves Blood Moon, I guess it's time to put in jank in my deck to make him taste his own medicine.

Flesh Carver has been great so far in mine, lot of synergy with her Eminence

The WW upkeep cost hurts but Conversion is fucking amazing.
Honorable mentions are Tsunami, Boil, and all the functional reprints

Not him, but Lin-Sivvi/Rebels have an easy infinite life combo with Task Force, Outrider En-Kor/Lightning Greaves, and Miren the Moaning Well. It would let you win off of Test of Endurance or Aetherflux Reservoir.
This list looks like it shows some of the combos/things Rebels have:
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/white-rebel-motorcycle-club/

Radha's already EDH playable.

>grab inalla at convention
>hit up cardshop afterwards, snag a Riptide Lab for $7

actually pretty excited to build this deck now.

I would consider cutting Trophy Mage, since you can only tutor 5 things, most of which are mana rocks.

Is Xenagod worth running in a Ur Dragon deck? Its very tempting to land Ur Dragon and make it a 20/20 (Or worse)

Do you feel in charge?

Greeting edh friends! The other day I went to wal mart and found a few old commander decks in plastic cubes. Being the impulsive shit that I am I bought all 3. Inside ended up being Freyalise / eziuri, claw of progress / and kalemne.

Any ideas on what I should do with them? (already opened them, just looking for ideas/upgrades/what to pull out)

Turn Freyalise into Elfdrazi, or just full on Elf Tribal with Ezuri at the helm.

We're going back to Dominaria. Radha's from Dominaria.

Creakwood Liege
Marionette Master
Mitotic Slime
Ogre Slumlord

Let's just fuck everything up. Make sure to play solemnity too.

Maybe a crackling doom for those pesky voltron?

I just really like paying life and sacrificing my own shit for cool effects

Any cool tech for her?

Is Mirari's Wake too expensive for a GW Hatebears deck? Mirri's gonna be at the helm, and while it'd help for buffing my 2/2s and other little guys and as a mana doubler, it just feels like it'd be too slow.

What do we think about pic related in Inalla?

I thought about this card but I think there's better.

I need low-cost, instant speed buff spells in Jeskai, stuff like Mighty Leap that gives keywords is preferred but flat buffs works too

Who is the most pillowy comfy passive commander where I don't have to mass a meme army to win

Rush of Adrenaline
Brute Strength
Sure Strike
Artful Maneuver

Marduchesa or the Bois. Insurrection usually wins you the game if it goes uncountered.

It's very good but I like Intruder Alarm better. With mana rocks, Cloudstone Curio or Equilibrium, and low mana creatures you can easily get cheap or infinite etbs and with enough rocks, mana.