/40k/ - Warhammer 40k General

Edition

>Death Guard preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/22/codex-death-guard-first-lookgw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign, Imperium in the lead, fighting back against the #RiggedSystem
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for Terminators

FIRST FOR CUTEDAR

my dudes > your dudes

So is it 3:2 currently in the Konor campaign? If so, who's winning the final planet? Chaos I bet.

your dudes are faggots

Reposting lists for advice, which one looks better? And should I stick with a grav bombard for the leviathan or go with a storm cannon (they cost the same points wise)

Is it just me or are lightning claws completely pointless for chaos marines?

Lts Punchy, Shooty, and Slashy.
I don't think I'm going to need any more.

Bluecrons attempting to identify an unidentified giant head.

Post what you're working on or what you've recently finished

holy dreadnoughts batman

have you considered giving your iron priest a jump pack or a thunderwolf to ride on? it seems like you'd want him to be mobile with a list like that

Nobody got dubs in the last thread so reposting.
In a 750pt game this dudebro popped one multi-charging Interceptor with supercharged overwatch before heroically intervening to boop another with his pimp cane (The third died to exploding plasma overwatch)

Dubs name as per protocol

Why are we still here? Just to Suffer?
Every night, I feel my Devotions, and my Covenants, even my Fluff.
The Options I've lost,
The Wargear I've lost,
Won't Stop Hurting.
It's like they're all still there.

You feel it too, don't you?

Dave

exodite knights when?

You wasted the dub, also use a dice roller for frivolous shit like this

Yeah he's right, your dudes are massive faggots.

Well that was fast. Dave it is. Fear him

They'll get done eventually because they're awesome.

never mind then.

Dave...

Finished up a squad of Raptor scouts for kill team shenanigans

in the lore, has Shadow in the Warp ever killed a non-psyker?

shoulda given the sergeant a trenchcoat and katana to match that hat

Commisar Poopypants

His nickname is "Tex" because I was going more for a cowboy thing.

I asked a couple threads ago but are Custodes OP? They keep tabling people at the LGS pretty easy just by running up the table and soaking wounds with invul saves

What are some cool minis I could use as Wrydvane Psykers?
I don't like the idea of running a squad of 6 where there are 50% duplicate poses.

Also, pic related is my Armies on Parade progress.

Just finished painting the Overlord.

From what I've heard they're pretty shit in 40k but stomp shit in 30k

Mister Niggblaster

The only model I had on hand to kitbash an iron priest out of isn't mount compatible, been thinking about modeling one with a bike though

In the meantime I was planning on having him footslog with the dreadnoughts, advancing and repairing them as such eventually getting into close combat with them since tempest hammers are pretty mean. Aside from snipers I'd like to see someone get through a screen composed of two dreadnoughts and a leviathan in order to get to him

>csm troops can take the following
-Autocannon
-Heavy Bolter
-Lascannon
-Missile Launcher
>The kit doesn't have anything but the heavy bolter

Is this a joke? Do the loyalists have the same problem?

Not pictured: 20 shadow spectres, 2 shadow spectre exarchs, the phoenix lord and a tantalus on the way. its sitting on a scorpion body

Havocs

Since reinforcement points (for summoning) come out of the army total, but aren't part of each/any detachment I don't have to worry about the summons' keywords and unit types for the purpose of remaining battle-forged, right?

>ecto cooler hi c

I wouldn't know, but they've been rolling everyone here with minimal losses in regular games of 40k

Wrong image, OP.

yup

Finished him not long ago.

Working on a Chaplain Dreadnought, but cant decide between 2 CCWs or 1 and a Flamestorm Cannon

It's overcast, but doesn't feel likely to rain.
I've got one last tiny bit of my current crop to prime.

Is it generally worth the risk, or am I better off holding off?

well I'm a little rusty since I haven't played since 3rd, but here are some other observations about your lists

- I have heard from multiple sources that Bjorn is a straight up beast in 8th so far, but you might consider a hellfrost cannon or a plasma cannon over the assault cannon for their versatility and range. One of the things that makes Bjorn great is that he has

No, why?

I've liked 40k for a long time, going to start the hobby soon. Is skirmish/kill team content impossible to find outside the specialty games like Necromunda? I mean, I'll play some Necromunda, but I'd like to use my dudes (of whatever faction they are) once they're made. I'm not as interested in the massive scale. I know it's what 40k is built for, but I was wondering if anyone here had luck playing smaller model count stuff.

Also, here's a PDF of some updated Kill Team rules released by Warhammer World for a one day event that took place yesterday. Thought someone might find it neat to see an 8th ed update. If anyone at my local hobby stores expresses interest, maybe we could use this to play skirmish games.

>taking the beautifully absurd smoke icon off him

Absolutely haram

This is the best one

My archon doesn't have the blaster he was gonna, because otherwise my kabalites were stuck with a shredder.
I wouldn't be surprised if they're just hoping people buy more kits purely for special weapons.

I took it off because I felt it made it too busy.

Didn't he kill 2 inceptors on over watch because you somehow thought plasma pistols get 2 shots?

So if the Imperium wins this planet, what happens?
What are they going to have to make the final world so Chaos actually tries despite being unable to win?

My opponent helped my memory by reminding me the third was taken down by the squad plasma that overheated one of his two shots. I misremembered.
Still, as someone pointed out, two is pretty badass.

I'll stick with a plasma cannon for Bjorn then as the helfrost cannons stats aren't too great in my opinion
Otherwise having just finished the bulk of my army (long story short didn't like the wolves color scheme so i came up with my own chapter) there are a couple things left I want to work on. Two of them being an Arjac Rockfist conversion and a squad of long fangs with plasma cannons, as soon as I saw that they could re roll ones I knew I had to get a squad of them kitted out for all that STR 8 bullshit, considering having them wearing mk iii armor with the mars pattern plasma cannons from forgeworld

Also grey hunters haven't been a mandatory unit since 4th I believe

this looks just as painful and annoying to assemble or paint as the exalted seeker chariot, not bad though

the csm kit is old. if you need weapons go to ebay. have a marine manhandling a guard forcing him to shoot a heavy bolter

fuck you for suggesting that old metal kit of misshapen metal from 4th

Heralds of ruin are swiftly updating to 8th and it seems pretty swell.

Wait, we're still on the 5th planet? If so, nothing changes. GW have basically confirmed this does nothing ultimately. The result is the same. It's just you'll get a few sentences which will be mentioned in an event that is going to help anyway.

Just finished my first burna and loota boys today! I am stoked to be starting orks!

good to know about GH! and your color scheme looks nice, any more models you'd want to show?

also, nice, it seems like you were already on the same page as me regarding Arjac and the plasma cannon/long fang synergy.

sounds like you know what you want to do, all that's left is to buy and finish those new models and shuffle some points around to make them fit, and then you'll have quite an army there

Forgot the damn pic

and now it's upside down, lul

New AdMech player, in an escalation league and don't wanna get assblasted for a dumb list building mistake. Tips?

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus) [48 PL, 1000pts] ++

+ HQ +

Tech-Priest Dominus [7 PL, 135pts]: Macrostubber, Volkite Blaster

+ Troops +

Skitarii Vanguards [4 PL, 78pts]
. 2x Skitarii Vanguard
. 2x Vanguard (Plasma caliver): 2x Plasma caliver
. Vanguard Alpha: Radium Carbine

Skitarii Vanguards [4 PL, 78pts]
. 2x Skitarii Vanguard
. 2x Vanguard (Plasma caliver): 2x Plasma caliver
. Vanguard Alpha: Radium Carbine

+ Elites +

Cybernetica Datasmith [3 PL, 52pts]: Gamma pistol, Power fist

+ Fast Attack +

Sydonian Dragoons [3 PL, 74pts]
. Sydonian Dragoon: Phosphor Serpenta, Taser lance

Sydonian Dragoons [3 PL, 74pts]
. Sydonian Dragoon: Phosphor Serpenta, Taser lance

+ Heavy Support +

Kastelan Robots [12 PL, 220pts]
. Kastelan Robot: Heavy Phosphor blaster
. . Heavy phosphor blasters: 2x Heavy Phosphor blaster
. Kastelan Robot: Heavy Phosphor blaster
. . Heavy phosphor blasters: 2x Heavy Phosphor blaster

Onager Dunecrawler [6 PL, 151pts]: Cognis heavy stubber, Smoke Launchers
. Neutron laser & cognis heavy Stubber: Cognis heavy stubber, Neutron Laser

Onager Dunecrawler [6 PL, 138pts]: Broad Spectrum Data-tether, Cognis heavy stubber, Icarus Array

it has been a pain in the ass, a bunch of things that didn't need to be separate pieces but of course are. Thankfully i paint pre-assembly.

It's what I get I suppose!

Just a backpack to do then I can move on to something actually fun.

Wyches. Learning to do skin better.

Chadnators when

YOOOOOOUUUUUUR DUUUUUUUDES COOOOOMBAT

Aggressors

muh 2+ save though

>3+ save

Melee aggressors when

Thanks user; might run this in some format later on

sure ill dump the rest of my shit might as well take the time to give a quick rundown of the lore, first time writing up my own stuff and I want to avoid snowflake territory

The Sons of Ymir are an Iron Hands successor chapter that retain some aspects of their proginators beliefs such as the superiority of the machine, have some beliefs of their own. The flesh and nature are not abhorred so much but just seen as a step that all life must take only the worthy being granted the honor of becoming augmented with the strength of the machine or more so being interred into a dreadnought and joining the ranks of the jotunn. As such augments are only used to mend damage battle brothers endure in battle, not for needless self improvements like those in the mechanicus and Iron Hands practice.

The chapter revere dreadnoughts to the point of worship, seeing them as those worthy of being uplifted with the endurance of a mountain by the hands of the all father Ymir (The Big E).

TLDR Iron Hands but more paganistic in their form of machine worship instead of the monastic/catholic style of worship the Mechanicus/Iron hands practice

I hate this meme. There was never a gay bar called The Rock in Nottingham. There is no proof it ever existed, no pictures, no registered address, nothing. The only search results you get is 1d4chaniit said so. The Rock is most likely referring to Gibraltar or more likely, Malta.

Don't forget to use a wash on them, so it looks like they're wearing leather

They're interesting because they're normal terminators that trade their 2+/5++ and teleport strike for basically double the shooting, way more mobI lift and T5. If they shoot twice, they will each outshoot an immobile assault cannon (against MEQs), all for the same price as an ordinary terminator.

What I wish they had were some equivalent of melee terminators, aggressors with lightning claws or storm shields.

>now

Slapping paint on these tankbusters. Kinda want to build a trukk just for them later, since I like the orange and blue camo. Though i guess a battlewagon would be better since I'll want to expand the mob.

no fuck off ..chaos knights only motherfucker

my wip. just started on him. Had to brush rpime him because of this fucking hurricane .. goddamn humidity.

>*unsheathes heavy flamer*

Interesting that you chose to make them an IH successor when they use SW rules. Maybe you could explain this by saying they recruit from a world with a primarily nordic/viking culture similar to Fenris, just minus the whole wolf thing.

Alternatively you could just make it a new SW successor that was started when Grimnar told one of his Iron Priests to go start a chapter

found the CSM, lul

What has been the toughest fight you've had this edition.
For me it was death guard giving prescience and the -1 to hit on a fire raptor backed by 3 daemon princes with the I am (alp)hilarious trait

Is there anything stopping me from using a Stormraven to haul a Leviathan?

They are washed. My process is Rakarth Flesh, pallid wych, shade, pallid wych flesh, White scar on sharp edges. I'm about to start white scar.

Dark Angel fans removed all reference to a gay bar to cover up there dark secret. Sounds about right

that's some hot heresy.

Why no jainzar qt3.14 ?? a macha is fine too

Omg, what if that show was about the Emperor during the time when Terra was run by technobarbarians?

The other weird thing about boltstorm aggressors is that they'll still kill 1 marine per model even when they advance, which for white scars means 10.5" per movement phase, nearly as fast as jump packs

And if you don't need that mobility? Stand still and shoot twice

They're a really well balanced unit, the more I play with them the more I like them

Most recent completed on the left and I'm working on the right.

I really need to get together a better lighting setup

>He'srightyouknow.jpeg

is it bad that ive written about 4 pages of fluff about the story of how my dudes came to be post warmaster's death. also would you think it's silly for a renegade chapter to be sending 'talent scouts' to accumulate money and new blood via various hive-gangs/pirates.

I like the idea for the power sword.

The black blends into the armor though. May want to do a red blade with black "lightning"

Admech or Emperors Children, who would you pick disregarding all rules, focusing purely on fluff.