Faith
Truth

What's his name again? The Doof?

Smoke
Metal
Meat
Plastic
Sugar

I had Blood, Fire, and Iron forming the three major elements in a cosmic horror campaign idea I had toyed with, with blood taking the place of water and iron taking the place of earth. It revolved around three city states that had each fallen after becoming obsessed with one of these elements and the eldritch creatures that had caused it, and would generally have revolved around an exploration of these cities by an expedition group from a fourth, flourishing city.

The twist would have been that the city the group was from represented air, and was going the same way as the others, also guided by some kind of eldritch horror toying with them in its own sick game. I don't really know any systems that would have been able to play it properly though, nor do I have much of a group that I feel would be able to properly get into the shoes of the characters since they're all used to a more lighthearted setting.

>The Doof Warrior is a member of Immortan Joe's War Boys and head of the War Boy band. His name derives from Australian slang for techno rave parties, dubbed "doof parties" for their repetitive 4/4 beats.

>elemental alignment
Lawful Water
Fire Good
Chaotic Nothing
Chaotic Metal
True Dirt

I get your feel. The four people that I know IRL who are willing to play RPGs just self-insert and spam references, with the exception of one guy, who plays great characters, but most of the other players don't take him seriously because instead of self-inserting he plays crusaders to minor gods and wandering beggar bards and the like.

>Blood - endurance, bodily exertion
>Chrome - luck magic/doing the impossible
>Gas - vehicle handling
>Lead - guns and melee
???

Hear me out.

Nitrogen (Neutral race).
Oxygen (Humans).
Carbon dioxyde (Hostile race).

They fight for balance in the atmosphere or to choke eachother, with the Nitrogenites being a lazy superpower trying to maintain the status quo.

Rule of thumb, don't theme the world on chemical reactions when you could instead focus on people and characters or at the very least anthropology
rename them to magical vapors and you can refluff it as divine magic or something.

Ash, plasma, gravity, hormones

Skinny
Fat
Stronk
DYEL

creation
preservation
destruction
chaos (creation+destruction)
cancer (creation+preservation)
rot (destruction+preservation)

>instead of self-inserting he plays crusaders to minor gods and wandering beggar bards and the like.
That sounds like me.
My last character was a wandering monk and the son of a farmer. Others were three flavors of badass assassins, all children of noble families (though the player of one of the three made him a scrawny fuck with the lowest possible Strenght because he didn't want to be overpowered, but he was still a ruthless, cold-blooded killer-for-hire) and an ex-soldier or something like that, but he was pretty bland.

> True Dirt

Fire
Cold
Sleaze
Stench
Spooky

Concrete
Blood
Shit
Plastic
Rust
Pasta

>Pressure
>Current
>Heat
>Light

>there's a symbol for the symbols being compromised

But couldn't you just use that symbol to compromise the other symbols and leave the next set of victims unprepared?

Pulchritude
Vim
Imagination