Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1706: Powered by Memes Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

All of your powers, perks, and items have to be built around one theme or schtick. What is it?

Power

Got to say brama this may be the one jump I have absolutely no problems with that you have madex it looks fucking awesome in every eay and I love every bit of it. Outstanding job man.

Being really, really fast.

My Power is Maximum.

Demons.

Reposting from last thread. Not the author, just doing it for them since they don't have access to their computer.

What perks do I need to devour Emrakul, The Promised End ?

magitech

Enchantment. I can do a lot with just enchanting shit.

Punching things.

All that blood's not gonna drink itself.

>Yeah, I think it'll just be easier to have them all have a set of discounts and freebies.
Fair enough. That does seem easier, as a pretty simple solution.

Thank you for listing. And for a prompt updating of the pdf, hadn't expected that.

Charismatic, Enduring, and Hive Minded are still listed as discounted to Avian, Plantoid, and Insectoid(Anthropod?) respectively now.

Oh, and just a question, the note on megastructures mentions an added 20 years. Is that the same for all of them?

Because while Ringworlds take 60 years to build and Dyson Spheres take 55 years, the Science Nexus and Sentry Array only take 25 years, and the Habitats only take a measly 5 years normally. It'd make buying the Habitat plans pretty unattractive, since it quintuples the building time, and to a lesser extend near-doubling the construction period of the Nexus and Array is also relatively worse than the extension on construction for the Dyson Spheres and Ringworlds.

And have a preliminary build.

Tribesman [100]
>perks:
Cultivation [Free] Kay.
Required Secondary Abilities [Free] Might be useful sometimes.
See None do None [100] Screw karma.
Healthy Eating [100] Vanity?
Survival Before all Else [Free] Stealth.
Against the Hordes [100] Nice.
A Grizzly Appearance [150] Might be good? Not sure what monsters to pick from...
Supreme Karmic Might [400] Shiny as hell, and more vanity.
Crippling Escape [300] Could be useful.
>items:
Storage Treasure [Free] GOLD!
Mountaintop School [300] Pretty nice. Guess I'll hang out here.
Diremonster Meat [Free] Food's good.
>drawbacks:
Tribal Rivals [+100]
City Clan [+100]
Dead Broke [+150]
Snowdragon Mountain’s Ire [+200]

I have absolutely NO idea what I'm doing here.

However, since it's xianxia and I'm here for "only" 30 years, I doubt anyone will even notice me. Right?

A man of flawless taste, I see.

About $7.02 and a tolerance for the taste of cardboard.

Jump # 198 MLG Pro
Starting Location: ? rolled an 8 when there are 7 choices. Officially Lost
Background: Drop In (0)
Perks?
*Infinite Doritoes and Dew (37)
*Where you at (0)
*Gotta Go Fast (500)
*MLG Eyes (200)
*GET SRECKT (500)

WUT? No seriously what? Ummm ok I have been to some weird worlds but this stoner world is… weird. I think this was either a joke or a punishment for something. All I know is 10 years is a long joke. There was supposed to be something about some Illuminati but that would presume there was someone intelligent enough on this world to have a plan so I don’t didn’t believe they existed.

It wound up not really mattering anyways. I spent a good portion of the jump stopping Doom-chan from destroying the planet… only to wake up on board the light of Terra one day to find out Rick had Destroyed the planet. Apparently he had decided it was too dumb to live. While he didn’t mind the drug use he got tired of hearing stuff like “360 no scoping newbs” all day. I was a bit horrified but the rest of my companions just told me to let it go. It wasn’t a planet worth saving.

Technological advancement and science.

>Tailed-Jumper Clan
Cool. So, how free am I to design these generic footsoldiers? Do they have to look like the "Goofy Men in Rubber Suits" standard like the usual generic footsoldiers here?

Crafting.

Music

Kamen Rider. I would happily take all the Kamen Rider tech I could get my hands on and nothing else.

Alternatively, a Boy and his Annoying Dog (Undertale). Which seems like an excellent way to troll so many baddies out there.

Optionally because it is a very viable option: Videogames

Parallel universes.

Reality is a construct, and I will be an administrator.

Some comments here

Heart!

When I think about it, Morrowind style crafting exploitation isn't far off, desu.

>One theme
You guys need a portfolio.

Ice, water, the sea, space, stars, the moon, life, unlife.

How do they all fit together? Well the water and space related themes can both be fit together with the understanding of space as a sea of stars. The life and unlife bits stick out a bit though.

>Kamen Rider
I just can't get into the goofy aesthetic. I know people love it, and that's great, but its just too goofy looking to me.

Well I mean I cant blame you when this is a legit thing

I feel bad for the suit actors in Ex-Aid. The Gamer Drivers stick forward more than your typical Rider belt, I bet it jabs right into their guts whenever they have to get blasted away and take a tumble.

Lightning Katana.
Start out with InFamous and have a katana that you can channel lightning through, then amp it up (hee hee) until you can chain-lightning entire armies to death and kill entire pantheons with your katana.

Nothing will ever top Kamen Rider "The Chestpiece of My Base Suit is So Heavy It Nearly Kills People, So We Defaulted IMMEDIATELY to the Final Form" Kiva in regards to suit actor pains

Are there any perks that would let you use the cultivation methods from one world to train the abilities of another world?

I mean, sure, the costumes are goofy. But half the animes and various other properties would also look ridiculous if you think about it. I can overlook that for the themes of friendship, following your heart, and fighting for what's right. Those are what I really dig about the series overall. The silly action fights are just icing on the cake.

They should be at least somewhat toku-esque but they can be more menacing or "realistic" if you so wish.

>Marvel
I thought about making it a +0cp drawback initially, I came to the conclusion to just ban it but if you insist and nobody has any problems with it I'll do it.

>Remove the ten years
Yeah, that will probably work better

Yeah, that's true. I've heard of that, how it put Seiji Takawa in the hospital. But I mean, on a day to day basis, the Ex-Aid suits are probably still pretty unfun. Not as bad, but still nasty. Takawa's getting up in years, he's been Kamen Rider since Agito. Dude's been doing this for seventeen years. It can't be comfortable. There are rumors that he's actually retiring, that the suit actor for Build isn't him. I don't know if that's true, but I'd say he deserves it.

Kitsune, that way I could have awesome powers, shape shifting and fluffy tails

... and huge tracts of land, apparently. Not that I'm complaining.

>I thought about making it a +0cp drawback initially
I mean have a actual for points drawback, since it will mean a few more opponents from time to time. None of the real world enders, but If there can be a foreign spiderman, that means Japanese Octopus Doctors also.

The suits are a bit much, but the hair is even more bizarre.

So I just had a realization and an oops moment.

Robin / The Avatar, in Fire Emblem: Awakening, will always have Morgan as a child. It's just gonna happen.

How many people took the +0 drawback where they became Robin and forgot to take that into account?

Gentaro is a Friend and Stalwart Companion

You're not Robin. You're someone taking Robin's place. You'll still inevitably have a future kid, but I don't think it would necessarily be Morgan.

What If I have all the riddles that the sphinxes ask from the Tomb Kings jump be turned into meme questions, something that almost none of my enemies would know.

>What is the drink of the MLG PRO.

>..... what the hell's an MLG.

Gentaro is shaped like a friend.

One does not disrespect the hair of the best friend in the multiverse.

Though Frisk, Finn, and Deadpool are all close runner-ups.

Then you will be empowering neckbeards and internet autists as they'll be the only ones to figure that out

>You're not Robin.

The drawback and notes make that seem very much the case, plus it's stated you're taking part in the ending (y'know, the part where Robin has to die to ensure Grima's demise).

And the note:
>Avatar comes with an extremely specific one-time It’s Not Your Fault moment but you get no extra points for this.
is because of the Avatar / Robin's father.

Spiderman and Deadpool are a great combo in some of the recent Marvel animated stuff

True, but Spiderman is usually too attached to his home and family to go wandering the multiverse. At least Gentaro could be plied with the temptation of making friends with everyone across all realities.

Yeah, sure. You're filling Robin's role. I'm not saying you wouldn't wind up with a future kid, I just don't think it's going to be Morgan. Enough subtle difference that you'd get an analogous person who fills the same role but isn't Morgan, just like you fill the same role but aren't Robin.

WOULDN'T BE THE FIRST KID I WENT TO GET CIGARETTES AND NEVER RETURNED TO.

AND WOULDN'T BE THE LAST.

So would Dream of the Three Realms give us talent with Space-Time? Just wondering since I was planning on getting it and Freak of Nature (Space-Time) and wanted to make sure whether there was any overlap.

Gen-san has been a major component of my jumper's progress in his self betterment!

>tfw all those dads who went to get cigarettes or a gallon of milk at the store
>all of them might've been jumpers who'd taken powerless drawbacks or amnesia drawbacks
>they were fully intending on coming back home
>BUT THEN JUMP END

Changes made, formatting fixed, a few more grammatical and spelling errors removed.

What are some powers that utilize the evils someone has committed, like powers that that inflict more damage the more pain someone has caused?

Angel Capstone - Disgaea
Megalovania - Undertale
Well of Souls - Hellgate London

All I got right now. I'm pretty sure you can make a Custom Nen Technique along those lines in Hunter x Hunter.

Karma.

Ghost Rider

I wanna say "Stories," but I'm not sure which jumps have the best perks for that.

what's a good starting jump beside pokemon?

Prince of Void
Concealment, Negation, Destruction, Revelation

TRANSCENDENCE!

Ok, are either of the Dungeon Master Jump Makers here?

One said
>Your physical body is nothing but a puppet now, needing to be occupied only when actions require a more personal touch.
and the other said
>same token if your physical body is killed they are all destroyed both of which will result in the loss of your chain sending you home
So, which is it? Aionon, are you adding noncanon nerf limitations?

Qus:
I'd say either organise the perks into themed origins based on types of jumpmaker, or if there are not enough perks, give everyone 2 discounts in each tier.

Plutomancy, should that really be a perk? From the little I read trying to understand dungeon keeper, that was a innate default ability.

You need more 50 CP stuff. The pet should be one, not 100 CP.
I never played the game, and have no idea what all the DK rooms are, those need to be listed. And the common or simple rooms also would be good 50 CP candidates.

By now we have several Sentia jumps, An actual Sailor Moon, MMPR, Kaman Rider, the new Showa Super Sentai jump. It would be neat if there was a something for coming into this jump from one of those jumps.
Both of you have something Sailor themed
Dungeon Keeper Amy has Sailor Senshi Makeup!
Dungeon Keeper has Sailor fuku
I just think it fits of those were free if you actuall WERE some sort of Senshi in a prior jump.

NikaMoth, you need to add a drawback where to are sent to Dungeon Keeper or Dungeon Keeper Amy directly after Sailor Moon.

Aionon
>Mindless Youma Body
>If they die while you are possessing them they will respawn at the beginning of the next jump, if they are their own person at that time however then they will wake up in your warehouse within a week and you should feel ashamed of yourself.
The special penalty for death while you are possessing them needs to be removed. Either they are an item, and should have normal respawn times, or they are a companion, and should have normal respawn times.

Hero BBS

Sekirei. It's like Pokemon, only the Pokemon are waifus.
And you're playing on Nuzlocke, so if one goes down it's gone forever.

If you or the MC win you can get all of your fallen waifus back though.

That's a big if. Sure the MC won in the canon timeline, but you could fuck that up.

So you need to ensure you win.

Fallen Waifus come back minus their memories. They may still fall for the same person but they are like a blank slate if they lost their crest.

That's not how the ending went.

Wow that is awesome, great work as always, thank you. I love the tails.

Pretty sure they all went back to the old ones, except for the abused ones. Some of the abused ones went back too but after using the situation to give their assholes an attitude adjustment.

Devil, Devil, Man - Dragon Ball

Off the top of my head?

Digimon World 1, Final Fantasy 1, Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap, SBurb, Disney Princess, Magical Pokemon Journey, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Spyro the Dragon, Avatar the Last Airbender, Ranma 1/2, Paper Mario, Sports Jump, Generic Isekai, Neopets, CATastrophe, Ben 10, Ultimate SPiderman, King Arthur, Undertale, & Kamen Rider Neoheisei Part 2,

Jumper stereotypes.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Generic Universal Monsters, Harry Potter, Avatar the Last Airbender, and Captain N.

It's an actual difference between the source material and fanfic on the Heart thing.

I am sorry if I am miss remembering this but I thought Uzume lost her memory and couldn't remember her Ashikabi even though she was overjoyed to meet her again. Which I guess means she remembered on some level but not consciously.

>King Arthur

I forget, can Half-Blood be taken more than once?

Ah. Sorry then, by bad

that's what the fanfic drawback is for

Would a tank that you can pull a dio with WRYYYYYY! be a good 400 cp item?

I warn you though, it's a nazi tank.

Depends on the jump

Having very fancy eyes.

What jump? And does the Nazi part mean that it's alive and will start disparaging 'minorities' and shouting sieg heil? Cause that's more of a bonus than anything, especially in place like Marvel.

I need perks that would allow one to rouse civilians to fight. (possibly by example)

>will start disparaging 'minorities' and shouting sieg heil
Huh. I did not know this was a thing that I needed. But I need it.

It... sounds reasonable enough? I imagine how worthwhile a several ton improvised weapon would be to the setting's average fighter could change that.

You doing Akatsuki Blitzkampf or something?

Epic battle fantasy. Sort of. Gonna make a gauntlet out of 1+2, and then a proper jump out of 3+4 and maybe 5 if it comes out anytime soon.

And no, it's just covered in Swastikas.

Have your children ever made you proud, /jc/?

If I go to VtR and become a vampire, could I go to VtM:B later and diablerize the Kindred there? What about other vampires from other settings? I had the idea that I want to kill LaCocks in Bloodlines via diablerie after I win the plot, and then go on and kill DIO for Za Warudo

If it's ebin as in people are destroying mountains at the lower end and stars at the upper end, that tank might not be worth 50 cp. Just keep that in mind.

What kind of parent would I be if I wasn't proud of my kid? It's called unconditional love.
Sure, little Tessie may be a psychopathic mass murderer, but goddamn if she doesn't try her best. And that's what matters

The tank is actually a supermove.

And no it's not that high tier.