Why aren't there giant dwarves?

Or, for that matter, giant elves? Or giant necromancers? Or giant orcs? Why do most giants seem to just be giant humans?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FK-SSzs0dkw
dynasty-scans.com/series/anko_san_of_the_deep_sea_fish
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Giant dwarves

They're called humans, user.

Everything you just named is literally a human with minor changes. A giant elf or orc would just be a giant.

Because most sapient beings cannot pierce the Heavens

Or are there?

Isn't that basically what fire giants are?

Because humans are the master race and template that all lesser fantasy creatures were based off of.

Disciples (PC game) universe had a really cool idea that I've stolen for my own campaigns. In it, dwarves and giants are the same species basically, the only difference is scale. They have the same stocky double-wide anatomy, live in the mountains and have a fondness for beards.

Well in pathfinder giant elves are wood giants. Cave giants are orc/ogres. I'd argue Stone giants are the dwarf equivilent. However, unlike cave and wood giants, there's no mention of the other races. But stone giants speak with stones, and are technology based.

Correction, the equivilent is probably slag giants. They craft and shit.

Leaving aside the fact that there are obviously more than just default giants, it is because you -OP- didn't make them. Don't just wait to be supplied.

>D&D fire giants are quite literally giant dwarves
The fuck are you on about?

More giant dwarves.

2e's fire giants looked like kikes.

And here's the 3e fire giants, I mean c'mon.

And here's your giant elf.
Cloud Giants are culturally similar to high elves and also look just as retarded.

Came here to say this, Fire Giants are Giant Dwarves.

Perhaps each race is actually just a small giant?

>Elves are children of nature, decendants of the Primordial Dryads who tended their colossal trees. The Dryads needed somone to tend to the little gardens too.
>Dwarfs are birthed from fire, embers from the Fire Giants, rulers and ferrymen of the red rivers under the mountain. The fathers passed their crafts and trades to their sons.
>Orcs come from the Earth, when the First-Boar was slain. His gigantic hide was stretched and left in the earth to tan, his bristly hair forming the great plains which the Orcs first sprang from the soil.
>Humans were cast from shadow. When the First-Giant lifted his great hand towards the full Moon. The shadow of his fingers grew fearful, and ran away to become Men.

I've never seen them that large before. She almost looks like she's been harpooned like a whale.

I'mma keep my old cloud giants, tyvm.

Well, probably for the same reason there's no elven dwarves or elven orcs.

I think that's the idea now it's our job to story time why
>Be Thay fisherman.
>Catch fish and sell at market, last 3 mornings or so have been rough, no one is catching shit
>sitting with buddies in local watering whole when Dang Bunyasarn rushes in, he and his brothers just spotted a Merwhale
>it's like a mermaid but huge. the name is more to do with how much they eat, a shit ton and more then a few of us were suspecting it was one of them lowering the catch in the morning
>Superstisious city yuppies think their livers can cure cancer and any number of maladies
>the stuffs 2000 Baht a KG
>we load up rope, harpoons, and gas all our motors as we head out into the bay
>Dang spent a few years working on a whaling vessel before the change took place and change took place but the techniques seem to work here
>we shoot around the mouth of the bay for 4 minutes before the thing comes to the surface and Chaowalit gets it with a good shot under its left shoulder blade.
>they scream like people you know
>now they haul ass back to stop her from diving and we all start veering towards it
>she gets the idea and heads out of the bay, we drive her another hour down the coast till we get to a little cove with nice shallow water.
>it takes a good 40 minutes of spearing and Dang shooting it with his old AK for her to go be weakened enough for us to tie her tail and another 2 hours to drag the bitch into the beach to cut her open
>all in we all walk away with a month worth of stakes, 3 months of cooking oil and 2500 Baht a piece.

Saved and stolen.
Thanks user!

Weren't Wood Giants in D&D basically giant elves?

ay what up what do yall think a giants toes taste like lmao

>OP needed an Excuse for a Giantess thread
>Asks a simple question to try and get it going.
>Veeky Forums tries their best to make OP's theory get BTFO more than the other anons.

Anonymus your words poop.
Obvious like "Toes taste Like gay," haha.
You eat suck Anonymus.

Are you fucking the stupid? Fuck you for making me read such a fucking retard thing, I'll fucking kill you. I'll kill you I swear to god, you deserve torture for such a retard post, fuck you.

You get triggered anonyman?
Haha, you feel I stupid, but you!
Big big retard, probably hamburger gobbler american.

Stupid dumbass, I'm not fat enough to be American.

>Why do most giants seem to just be giant humans?
They're not giant humans, idiot. They're just giants.

Probably big butger boy.
Hide behind computer, say "Not big enough," Think YOU big enough, Secret eat McDonald.

That's because humans came from giants. Learn your god damned greek mythology. They don't look like us, we look like them.

Fuck your shit dumb american, say "No u" while he shoot Mcgun and masturbate to flag

then why did you post a giant Minotaur?

you had one job!

>McGun

My sides are in Orbit

Seems like the same problem as pic related.

Why is le_happy_merchant.gif dressed as a fire giant?

Giantess Thread anyone?

I've got an idea, how about a dwarf with dwarfism!

Gnome.

What if giants are just dwarves who have a special mutation, and they don't stop growig when they are half the human size like other dwarves, but keep growing all their life? I imagined Nevendaar giants to be something like this.
What if giant orcs are just trolls?

Setting I'm working on may have some giant elves.

We were throwing the idea around that an elven trade enclave in a giant kingdom came up with some magic to be bigger because they were annoyed at always craning their necks to talk to the locals and getting literally looked down on.

Give it a good long while and the enchantment just got set in and now they're stuck twelve feet tall.

Isn't "Merwhale" kind of redundant, since it literally means "se whale" (i.e. a whale, since when have you seen one livign somewhere but the sea?). "Whalemaid" would make more sense.

Giant wizards and skeletons are way too underutilized.

Whalemaid does have a nice ring to it. Is there any setting with whalemaids/whalemen in it?

Can't think of any actual settings with any (random pictures of whale-men and fetish settings like Feralya and Frakass's setting having giant mermaids not counting).
Merfolk based on cetaceans really make more sense than fish, though. At least cetaceans are also mammals. Plus they're cool. You could have friendly playful dolphin-maids, proud warrior clans of orca-maids, huge gentle baleen whale-mades, and spermwhale-maids who descend to the darkest depths of the ocean to do battle with krakens with sonic death-beams.

my nigga

Come to think of a mershark would be pretty cool, although I'd imagine they'd be pretty dangerous to sailors.

there was this cartoon, back in the day, it was called "dave, the barabrian" it was basically a wacky D&D story, and there was this one side character who was a dwarf giant, he just looked like a really ugly average guy

Filborg are pretty much giant wood elfs - just nicer

Whale mothers, The Second Apocalypse

:)

Mermaids with traits of various interesting fish would be cool in general.

Heck, why stop at fish? Crabmaids, octomaids (and octodads), squidmaids, lobstermaids, shellmaids, eelmaids, flying-fishmaids etc.

... Hell, don't they have fluff for bulling the hell out of Delwarw?

Coelacanth-Maid!

there are

>fire giant fighter with merchant background

>elven dwarves
>elven orcs
Welcome to The Elder Scrolls. Outside of that, there's probably some sort of savage elf race, as well as subterran elf race in Forgotten Realms.

Vampire Squid-Maid!

Jellyfish-Maid!

I think fire giants are the dwarves. The implications of the Giant Slayer AP imply there's a similarity, at least.

Anglerfish-Maid!

>giant dorf
youtube.com/watch?v=FK-SSzs0dkw

Viperfish-Maid!

A horrible dee sea mermaid!

>ogor

Get your shit AoS terminology out of here.

A bunch of different mermaids!

Huh. I'd saved that image, but never noticed the harpoon aspect of it.

Posting a less depressing giant mermaid picture.

Here's a Scylla-maid

How about a gnome with gnomism, then?

That's less "giant mermaid" and more "sea goddess".

Giants aren't giant humans; they're regular-sized giants.

>dynasty-scans.com/series/anko_san_of_the_deep_sea_fish

>tfw even fetishes get their own internet in-jokes and memes
Humanity is doomed

>ywn have your seemingly tough-as-nails sharkmaid gang boss reveal that she's really just a normal girl in the cutest way possible
Goddamnit.

>that pic
That sure is a concept

One of my favourite SCP stories

>set up a base inside the giant mermaid
>use her as a submarine

>set up a base inside the giant mermaid
>inside the giant mermaid
>inside
Uhhh, where exactly will this base be located? I can think of a couple places, but surely you're thinking of something less lewd, right?

"giant dwarf" is an oxymoron, moron.

Floatation bladders
>party gets eaten by the mermaid
>they notice another exit at the top of her stomach
>no idea where it leads, but it has to be better than the bottom exit
>eventually they force their way through into a system of air-filled chambers spanning most of her body
>after exploring for a little while, she realizes they've survived somehow
>she can't do anything to them in there, but they can't get out unless she lets them
>eventually they have to negotiate

This is a VERY intriguing idea user...
...go on...

Being etymologically correct isn't as important as clearly and quickly conveying the concept, which merwhale does better than whalemaid.

>heard you talking shit like I wouldn't find out

ganondorf?

From the thumbnail, I thought the giant torso monster had been edited to have Wojak's face.

> Setting up a base inside a giant mermaid.
>using her as a submarine.

>Form a symbiotic relationship with her, and her body.
>Fend off giant parasites.
>Whenever the party goes out, bring back some food to drop into her belly.
>Take care of any internal problems she may be facing.

This smells like a unique campaign.

Personally, I've never been a fan of giants at such ridiculous sizes. I get that it's mostly for fetish fuel, but I can't help but think about how impossible it would be for any "regular sized" life to rise up, unless the titans in question were universally benevolent.
D&D giants are done well because they're not fuckhueg, the biggest caps out at like 30 feet, and those ones are exceedingly rare and live at the bottom of the ocean. The ones a non-adventurer are most likely to run into are the smallest, beyond retarded, and being lazy almost to the point of not breeding.
When you have a giant that's 100+ feet tall and just as intelligent as anyone, how the fuck do humans survive, and why would they want to?
I know I'm being autistic, I just had to get that off my chest.

>Inside Giantess
>Take care of any internal problems she may have.

I can think of a few...

Depends. it really does make no sense for them to exist in a settings regular ecology no.

One possibility is giants are from a plane or planet that's rarely contacted, or hard to. You could use this to pull a macross. Or have the party wander out into a world way to big for them (or have everyday pests wander in. A good explanation for a giant ant infestation.)

One setting I work on, giants that big are basically demigods. They don't really have material needs and are, by nature, exceedingly rare. Which manages to deal with a bunch of the problems of that scale at once.

>When you have a giant that's 100+ feet tall and just as intelligent as anyone, how the fuck do humans survive, and why would they want to?
Simple, feeding a 100 foot tall giant is damn near impossible, so they can only survive in lands with similarly sized (and extremely dangerous) animals, such as dragons, krakens, and mammoths (which would only be found in certain habitats).

Occasionally a giant might be found among the ranks of a military, but they're enormous expenses that can be poisoned with arrows if they aren't armored (which is extremely expensive to make for a creature of that size). Feeding them is also a major problem, so one of the arrangements that the BBEG made to solve that problem is he allows them to feast on the corpses of the dead after battle.

That's one way you can do it, giant creatures are fun to use but you do have to get creative with it.

I agree, but having a "giant portion" of the planet it still pretty terrible, all things considered. Toriko did it pretty well though.
I feel like there'd have to be something that would make it so giants don't require as much food as a human would, IE if the giant were human sized, they would require a fraction the food as a human would, some way of more efficiently utilizing energy, as something that large is already going to have devastating effects on the atmosphere and terrain just by getting excited, that's a retarded amount of mass moving at an extreme velocity if she runs, jumps, or does anything similar.

I agree that Merehale sounds better than Whale Maid. Whale Maid comes with a whole different connotation in first hearing it.

Multiple stomachs, and a far more powerful digestive tract, capable of excreting enzymes that can break down plant matter, such as bark and trees, much more efficiently. In times of plenty, they can fill their first through third stomachs all they want, and when winter rolls along, slowly empty those stomachs into their "primary", as well as collection of new foods.

Possible ability to use minerals from stones and more abundant sources?