/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/gencon50exclamation-mark-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
You know you can make a new thread before page 10 right?
>5th edition cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da

Lets shit this one up with Mage Supremacy!

Let's not. This general swims in salty tears too much.

Reminder that archmages are canon to your game no matter what.

But that doesn't matter because they don't do anything.

Reminder that all supernaturals bar demonshitters descend from the Dark Mother. Beast SUPREMACY for the win! Especially since Incarnate Beasts are the second strongest playable splat.

This pans out. I can't refute it.

>Reminder that all supernaturals bar demonshitters descend from the Dark Mother.
How is that? I recall something about it but I've repressed most of Beast's fluff, along with my father beating me and Wiggles the Clown making me wiggle his willy at my 9th birthday party.

Beasts use their ability to develop powers based on the other splats, their ability to power them up, and their ability to use them as a feeding proxy as evidence that they are the Ur-Splat from which the others developed.

Dark mother is like a Lilith figure, gave birth to all the creeps because reasons. Now her favorite kids can boss the rest around.

Page number?

Couldn't you argue with that same evidence they're late comers who are meant to be chameleons and ape or empower others in their own specific mission of fear spreading?

Actually let's do that this thread, take the basic known realities in Beast and write some conflicting theories. The lack of divergent opinions in the splat along with social factions was one of the weakest points anyway.

I thought the lack of Y and Z splats was a problem (No you can't tell me the Hungers count because they just don't.), the fact that it wasn't addressed in Conquering Heroes only made things worse.

>It's only ok when mage does it
Fuck off

Dont waste your time on fucking Beast. The writer didnt.

That too

It isn't okay there either, you notice how hard they backpedalled on Atlantis in 2e? Its only okay when Mummy does it because the origin isn't the end of that story but your personal beginning

We will see how true that is in mummy 2e

But they didn't back pedal on Atlantis

Legacyfag, can you convert the Whipping Boys to 2E rules?

Also, I don't understand why are they Obrimos related. Their attitude to pain and their Optional Arcanum both fit the Mastigos Path better.

Dave has a post where he specifically talks about back pedaling on Atlantis

They did, but not super hard. It's not considered hard fact anymore and your character can not believe in it without looking like a retard.

If they introduce culture mummies again there will be a riot. Mummyfags hate it and mummyfags are the only people buying mummy. All 12 of us

Culture mummies?

Mummies that didn't originate in Egypt

Atlantis did exist but do to lazy writing and alternate dimension ex machina now it never existed

Yeah. But the reason for that is because the idea and focus on Atlantis had problematic implications are something. I can't remember all the details because I never really worry about Atlantis in my mage games anyway.

How is it lazy writing? It also isn't a deus ex machina, which actually means when a conflict or problem is suddenly resolved with something new, random, or otherwise not foreshadowed.

Or something. I think I'm developing downs or something.

>But the reason for that is because the idea and focus on Atlantis had problematic implications are something
For a game about mysteries, having the reasons for the state of the player splat not be a mystery at all was kind of a misstep.

It is instead of completely rethinking Atlantis they put a proverbial bandaid over it. The whole Pax and things existing and not existing is stupid bullshit to explain why the World isn't full of stupid shit like gravity pushes things away or the moon made of cheese or something.

Why would they need to completely rethink Atlantis? And the Pax is a completely logical think to have in a world where god level entities exist, and often have goals of a kind. It's not just there to serve as an explanation as to why stupid shit isn't rampant, because only autists care about things why that. Same with Archmasters' changes to reality being treated as a total retcon and not just an abrupt change.

What ever magefag I grow tired of conversing with you. Despite anything I may say you will say the opposite to defend your lame splat

I like Atlantis. Atlantis is cool. I wanted them to keep it in there, but they took it out like the stupid fucks they are. I should have known, Dave B destroys all he touches, like Trump with better hair.

Atlantis is still in the fluff, they just don't take such a hard stance on it anymore. You can still use it in your campaigns and have characters who regard it as being true.

Daily reminder that Aether has the best Supernal Entities.

For context:

Mummy the Curse has its characters originate from a civilization that centers in the North Eastern region of what would later be Africa. A lot of that civilization's remnants, in the universe of MtC, formed the basis of Ancient Egypt as we know it, which is why Mummy uses many Egyptian terms and aesthetics. A player character lived in the Nameless Empire and probably lived in its major city, Irem. The Nameless Empire itself was probably very large, if not potentially world encompassing if that's how you want to play it (Canonically, it was probably huge but not large enough to conquer Canaan).

Mummy provides two outs for people who don't specifically want to look like a North African: the Sahu (a Mummy's body which is more like a shell post Rite of Return than a real body) is somewhat psychoreactive and might shift into a more culturally fitting appearance at low Memory, or sometime in the Arisen's existence, its spirit was transferred into the body of one of its cultists, fusing its memories and the memories of its cultist host while completely consuming the host's personality. Otherwise, a lot of Mummies, separated from Irem forever, have a tendency to go native aside from their Guild loyalties. That doesn't stop them from trying to bring Irem back, however, which is why Washington DC is how it is.

This is in contrast to Mummy the Resurrection, which has quick descriptions of Bog Mummies and Chinese Mummies and a reskinning of the powerset to play these types of characters. Since Curse 1e's more solidified origins were so different from other CofD games, we will see if this will remain so, and whether or not culture mummies will be a thing in 2e. Considering that history has had lots and lots of attempts to recreate the Rite, their appearance would be easy to slip into the lore.

Interesting, yeah I thought about that while reading the book.

Even as a black guy I don't always want to play an African mummy. But it would be hard to explain the rite happening all over the world unless we say there are a bunch of empires like irem.

Would love to run a mummy game from the very beginning, and skip to interesting points in time eventually reaching modern day, or have half flashback half now sessions. But fucking all that mumbo jumbo and work you have to do to make historical settings feel right is a big put off.

The problem with championing Beast in any sort of dick waving contest is that you're still championing Beast.

This thread has been dragged so low, that doesnt even sound bad anymore.

Now there's a missed legacy opportunity. Forces/Prime/Life for the classic 90's glamazon MTG angel transformation.

I was only championing beast because I am fucking tired of Mage

Is there an index for the various flaws for nWoD (1e)?

Because I'm not seeing even 1% of the flaws I know are published in some book somewhere. I know because my old group had some books that had more flaws, but all I can find are the ones from the core rules.

I'm an unrepentant Magefag and I'm kinda with you. It seems like we can't have a single thread without a fucking Mage Supremacy/Fuck Mages shit-storm of some kind.

Not good enough. I want sunken cities and ancient hypertech, Mysterious Cities of Gold and all that. This wishy-washy bullshit is just Dave B trying to have it both ways. Shit or get off the pot, Dave.

I think the key is to think of three or four key periods and focus on that. Like - Battle of Hastings, War of the Roses, the Colonial Era, WW2, Modern Nights.

>tfw you realize that that cute girl from the Cabal across the city has Attainments that let her reveal her inner sexy angelic self
>tfw she learnt it by getting addicted to Supernal voyeurism, which she achieves by using Sleeper souls and now you have to protect her from the wrath of the rest of the Consilium.
I swear the Echo Walkers don't get any rest. They get a bad rep because of a few bad apples, when many of them are quite considerate with their Sleeper enablers. If they based the Optional Prime part of one of the Attainments on a combined Prime + Death spell that dislodges/pushes back Souls, they could even avoid any potential Wisdom hit, like that girl did. How irresponsible of them.

TFW when Beast is so bad that its few fans manage to make Mage supremacists look really good.

They are looking about even these days.

Legacies are often about going beyond your Path. For example, the Thyrsus might have a very Moros-like Legacy because they want to learn Death. Adding Death as ruling isn't much good to the Moros themselves.

>They are looking about, even these days.

Well, it is best to check prices everywhere before committing to a purchase. #punctuation

I can't tell if this is a troll, an attempt to be cute, or a stupid person.

They make it sound like the people of Irem were all blackity black black black but it was probably more varied than Egypt is now. It's like asking "what race is someone from Miami." If your ST says you have to be black, tell him you were a captured Armenian

Some minor fucking around and reskinning and you could play a 'minor' mummy with a Purified. Play them off as a shattered echo of the original Rite, travelling through time and Fate.

WHENS SCION RICH
YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE SCION

Well it isn't quite that simple. They give approximate ranges of Item's conquests. Sure you can say you wandered from further, but the book spells out it would be real rare if you were a blonde blue eyes mummy.

When they projected a May release on the KS, my gut told me fall. It'll probably be fucking October, the spookiest month.

Rare but not impossible! Hell, your whole meret could be white because you're the Armenian clique, hung out together even before the Rite because you were all Armenian.

February 2018. Calling it now.

>Live in Ancient Armenia
>Get invaded by weird necromancers with animal heads, forced into the Sign of the Scorpion
>They teach you their physical magics
>Get really good at it, get a place in a Guild
>Get too good at it, to the point where the head priests murder you as a part of a ritual to break time and space to become an immortal cosmic horror god in miniature with a nasty case of amnesia
>Still the cosmic middleman but you get to own a fortune 500 company and keep your Tomb in a penthouse
>feelsgoodman.jpg

before Far West

I don't know. They said it wouldn't likely be months delay but that could just be buttering people up. I'm still hoping for sometime this year

Remember when Changeling 20th was due out for Changeling's 20th anniversary, two years ago? Wraith 20th is now three years overdue...

Rich has given up on everything except fucking Pugmire.

>travel time endlessly
>hoping each Quantum Leap will be the one to take you home to Irem

Writing and editing on Origins is done, per Neall. I can't imagine Hero's final draft isn't done now either since Origins was sent in late July. Now we wait for that infinite stretch for art and final layout I guess

Reminder: the layout dept. in Onyx Path is ONE - FUCKING - GUY. The greater the backlog, the greater the delay. Who's for a new Kickstarter???

I feel bad for that poor bastard.

Can we kickstarter a second layout guy?

>I feel bad for that poor bastard.

The buck stops at one man - RichT.

It's not Mike or Rose's fault, and certainly not the freelancers who timely completed their assignments.

You can bring him up as much as you want, but unless there's some kind of active pushback, it's not like that's going to change.

I am making gifts for werebeetles, would it be too outlandish for them to have on that shoots a thunderbolt from their horn? Or hands in Homid form.

>I am making gifts for werebeetles
>would it be too outlandish

Naw man. Do whatever feels good.

Where do your were beetles come from?

Uhm. All of those still exist you retard. The fragments of Atlantis weren't pulled from the cannon, the only real difference is the hard line social stance the Orders take towards it. But you're probably, once again, too retarded or bursting with autism to understand that.

Wow that is a lot of undue aggression.

Calm your tits.

Oh Jesus. I just finished reading the last thread. People -really- hate Archmages.

They really seem to just not understand them at all. They really make the setting entirely more cohesive. They also technically allow for every asinine house rule your ST can come up with to technically still fit within the 'canon'.

For the reasons unknown. I mean that you don't have to use them in your game if you don't want to. Same thing goes for mages. You dislike that archmages are too powerful, or useless, or both? Fine, don't use them, but why all the hate?

No one is playing an Archmage.
No one is running an Archmage game.
No one is using an Archmage as a major NPC.
But everyone talks about them.

>No one is running an Archmage game.
>No one is using an Archmage as a major NPC.
Speak for yourself man, I did both and it was awesome.

I like using them as NPCs that make the plot get started. Even more so in high power games given the side bars about power stat 7+ creatures retaining their memories through acts of archmagic that rewrite history.

>Incarnate Beasts are the second strongest playable splat.

I'd say they're third, after True Fae(2nd) and Archmages(1st)

That's what Beasts believe. It's not necessarily true.

I wanted to tie them into being both guardians between the realms of the living and the dead, and as engineers and temple builders blessed by sun and sky. Historically, they would be from out of prominently Egypt, (South)east Asia and Mesoamerica, but gravitate toward places of faith. They unadvertantly end up strengthening the gauntlet with their works.

I am designing them to have variations between cwod and cofd. In cofd in particular they might run afoul of Mummies, Peonetheans, and the Uratha -
especially the Firetouched. They are stupid resilient and hard to kill but lack the destructive power of (death)rage.

>Incarnate Beasts are the second strongest playable splat.
When will we even get rules for them to know that for sure?

Someone make the thread worse and post the power chart

Which splat is closest to SJW propaganda?

Other than Beast, of course.

Ok why not

God tier: Mage
Vermin: The rest

Tell me user, have you ever cried during a session?

God Tier
>Archmage

Semi-God Tier
>True Fae
>Incarnate Beast

Overpowered Tier
>Prep Mage
>Loud Demon
>Fresh Mummy

Higher Tier
>Mage
>Sin-Eater w/Boneyard
>Demon
>Mummy
>Beast
>Sin-Eater
>Werewolf
>Changeling

Lower Tier
>Promethean
>Vampire
>Surprised Mage
>Prep Hunter
>Hunter

To care this much about 'muh powah levels', I bet you're all weeaboos of the worst sort. Go back and jerk off to DBZ. Fuck off.

Is there any way to make a powerful vampire? Or at least make one that can fight a werewolf 1v1 in melee and have a good chance of winning?

I cried when a friend's character got killed saving their group from a deathlord. It was a good character and the ST was kind enough to let them die with dignity.

Vampire shouldn't be above surprised Mage.

What do you guys think of Monster hunter international?

Anyone tried running a game in their setting?

Elder vampires with certain Devotions could be placed in 'Higher Tier'

Surprised Mages are still higher than your average Vampire.

Precisely prepped Masters could challenge True Fae and Incarnate Beasts

Boneyard is overrated

Archmages are an outlier and shouldn't be accounted for anything

Post oWoD/CofD filenames instead of powerwanking.

My favorite one. Props to whoever originally posted it.

You had a whole thread explaining to you why your opinions are utter shit.