>vigilantism
>theft
>assault
>robbery
>murder
>poachery
>tresspassing
>home invasion
yet they are supposed to be good guys. I mean if you play as a rogue it's all right but why would a soldier just leave his garrison to start hacking at goblins who live in a cave far away from civilization and aren't a treat to anyone? That's another crime to the list - desertion.

Mages have such a long list of crimes that I could write a wikipedia article about it. Stop the adventurer menace.

If "adventurer" is a profession in your setting, you setting is shit and your DMing skills are shit.

Also stop playing the mediocre shit that is DnD and it's derivatives.

Found the Lawful Evil character

And the goat is the most evil of all.

>weeb is a retard with no reading comprehension

so surprised

>tresspassing
>home invasion
In video games maybe
>theft
>assault
>robbery
>murder
If they're an asshole maybe
>vigilantism
>poachery
Often, but these things aren't even crimes half the time

Did you try not having a shit dm? I am no defender of dnd but even that doesn't specifically encourage this shit. The goblins have always been raiding the local village and murdering people or worshipping a dark god etc.

The local guard might be the only guy in the town or is tasked specifically with taking care of this problem.

Paladins are judge dred in dnd so not vigilantes. Vigilantism might not be out of place in a small village either.

>home invasion
Literally what. The liches crupt? Or do you literally play your ttrpg like a final fantasy game where you go into every house in town and rummage in peoples sock drawers

"Adventurer" isn't considered a profession officially
People get hired to go on expeditions as guards, archaeologists, technicians, etc.
Someone with money wishes to send people with a certain skill set to dangerous or unexplored places and its common enough for some people to make a living off of it.

what would be a good thing to call such people?

>2017
>not having a sovereign mandate
sounds like vagabonds, not adventurers

Alright I'll bite. Write up a campaign where you do none of this, are good, and the players have fun.

Laws don't apply to everyone equally. In the modern day they kind of maybe a little bit do but not at all in any fantasy setting that emulates a period prior to the 1930s.
Under feudalism generally written law matters a whole lot less than the opinions of law enforcement and whatever relevant nobles. It doesn't matter how many crimes they commit if they dont annoy powerful people or those assigned to enforce the law.

>goblins who live in a cave far away from civilization and aren't a treat to anyone?
>goblins
>not a threat to anyone

I bet you also think that killing Orc babies is wrong and unjustifiable.

Moral relativism is a mental disorder.

>or worshipping a dark god
oh yeah let's kill someone because of his religious beliefs that's sane

Terrorists funded by CIA to fuel conflict for the sake of military industrial complex.

I think killing german and british babies is a good thing.

Holy shit that dwarf looks like a product of the baldur's gate character creator. I love it. This bunch of weirdos is way better than the real pathfinder iconics.

When his religious beliefs are "Sacrifice the innocent on the night of the blood moon for the dark god to rise again" it's okay to oppress someone for their religious beliefs

Mercenaries

Unless you play strictly dungeons-only D&D you're going to do some actual home invasions. You know like mansion of mafia boss or evil wizard's tower.

>you cheekly little dickwaffle

>Mercenaries
I feel that the term is inaccurate
not all characters are combat focused, at least in the setting I'm running.

Why do you post on Veeky Forums when you only play video games?

RPGs aren't really about playing good guys. They're about playing heroes and heroes can do pretty horrible things, but point is that they don't really hurt the innocent and save the day despite breaking the law.

You have never invaded a bad guy's home in a TTRPG? What the hell are you playing? Or do your campaigns always end before you get to that point?

This. Fuck your moral relativism.

If they're mafia bosses or evil wizards then they have it coming.

>Equates destruction of hostile enemy forces with babykilling creatures with in game examples of being able to function as more than murderfuckers.

No user, you are the moral relativist.

Didn't say it's not right. Doesn't change the fact that it's home invasion and probably illegal (unless you're playing like cops with a search warrant), especially in modern settings with competent law enforcement.

>yet they are supposed to be good guys
What gave you that impression, you stupid fuck?

His religious beliefs include ritualized baby raping.

Just don't get caught

Yes, OP, I too am shocked at how wilfully adventurers ignore the NAP!

Poaching used to be a capital offense until relatively modern times. Even today, the fine for killing an apex predator in most countries can cost as much as a new car.

Yeah, that sounds about right, Conan and Elric both commit plenty of all of that in their adventures.

But the powers that be over them tend to be corrupt, decedent, and just awful, so who gives a crap?

Have you tried not being a total wanker? Everything he suggests in there is shit that regularly goes in the Sword and Sorcery fiction that inspired fantasy gaming. This whole "adventurers are the good guys out to save the realm" is total newfaggotry.

I want to see adventurers breaking into temples to steal fist-sized rubies, climbing into the keeps of nobles to get much wanted revenge, and leading uprisings against useless kings.

Adventurer does not mean good guy

Mercenaries for combat-Heavy duties
Auxiliaries for low- combat hirelings

>Capital offense

Not really. Poaching in the commons was barely a crime in the Germanies and Low Countries. In England things were more complicated and poaching was more dangerous if you were caught, but most people wouldn't ask too many questions about where deer came from.

>nobles get to pay for their shit
>useless kings overthrown
You do realize these counts as a very heroic and good thing to do? It's just that some people have very odd definition of a "good guy", basically requiring Mother Teresa tier morality despite the fact most of fiction (including archetypal Greek ones) contradicts that.