How would a sentient humanoid slime character work as a PC?

How would a sentient humanoid slime character work as a PC?

Other urls found in this thread:

homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/SJc3O0tvZ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Probably a lot of this and it would just be a burden on the other players.

Also magical realm.

There are plenty of homebrew races for it. Some are really busted, others are balanced.

Full plate to hide the fact that you're a monster?
Infiltrator to take advantage of your form?
Barbarian for close quarters engulfing?
Warlock to serve the Quivering Overmind?
Cleric of the God of Slime of which you are the only sentient follower ?

>sees pic

Charismatic bard from your Magical Realm?
Depends on the setting, just like every other character.

I have a slime character that wears full plate to hide that he's a slime.
Except he tends to leak out a bit from the joints.

Remember to masturbate before making threads.

>he
Good on you for fighting the cliche!
Is it a humorous "Most Definitely Not A Monster" deal, or are you legitimately hiding from people?

The character is inherently lighthearted, so I play to both of those depending on what is more funny at the moment.

Quite possibly something like this, you pervert.

Doesn't have to be magical realm. Sometimes you can just play a qurky race for the sake of it.
Though OP pic makes it seem otherwise. This may be a bait thread but dosn't mean we can't have a cool talk.
The big thing would be are they a race of slug/slime type creatures or one that has been awakend

Rather then being a burden they could be really useful, like being able to squish into places where others can't fit in gaps and such.
Maybe they are easy to disarm but have DR due to their flesh being so soft.

Not every slime needs to be drippy. They can be more like gelatin. Solid and all that.

Are these legitimate gelatinous cutes? I'm sold.

Actually, y'know what, I'll take this bait.

How many sentient slimes are there? Are you a one-off creation, or are there slime colonies deep underground, passing a handful of consciousnesses around various forms to interact with the world?

How are you seen by other humanoids? Slimes are not exactly popular when monstrous, but friendly ones could be useful to have around, at the very least for garbage disposals. What would trade even look like?

What sort of magic would slimes wield? It seems obvious that they would, but a lack of real bodies and easy healing kind of throws clerical arts and necromancy out the window.
If you don't have a written language, spellbooks are out. Touch spells would be very useful paired with engulfing, but there's always the possibility of being a magically incapable race.

Who wants to build a Slime race?

>full plate to hide you're a monster.
My thoughts exactly. Though I've also used slime knights as construct bodyguards for wizard nations before.
>+immune to critical hits
>+immune to decapitation
>+easily stored as spell components when not in-armor
>-slight trouble with airport security
>+eats trash
>-+polishes own armor (unless too acidic, then eats armor)
>+not overly attached to gods, unlike uppity elves and their 127 Festive Dancing Holidays, all mandatory
>Speaks Elemental fluently

Did I mention they come in both practical (see above) and Monstergirl variants?

practical armor or 'varied'?

I prefer practical, picture one, no monstergirl. The second one implies that she can take her helmet off without causing adventurers to have gelatinous cube PTSD, which sadly is not true, and the second's too magical realm.

Slime people could get away with sexy armor given the nature of their being. Also, they would jiggle like jell-o with each step, and that would be like casting a minor mind control spell for anyone watching.

homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/SJc3O0tvZ

I actually made this recently!

GURPS
Elemental Meta-Trait
Body of Water: Your body is made of liquid. Amphibious [10]; Chameleon 1 [5]; Constriction Attack [15]; Doesn’t Breathe [20]; Immunity to Metabolic Hazards [30]; Injury Tolerance (Diffuse) [100]; Pressure Support 3 [15]; Slippery 5 [10]; Invertebrate [-20]; and Vulnerability (Dehydration attacks
x2) [-10]. 175 points.

I played an awakened ooze once in (I think) 3.5. It was retardedly broken because the conversion from monster to PC gave me amazing stats that coupled with my PC-level intelligence made me nearly unstoppable. Turns out the only thing holding these things back from ruling the world is their lack of intelligence.

4e ... I'd just use the shardmind rules.

They are close enough to slime girls.

5e? Water Genasi.

I'd also recommend maybe GOO Warlock or something. Both for the pun, and to be devoted to Juiblex or Bwimb or something.

>No one has posted a Ghaunadaun
OP is such a fucking secondary newfaggot cocksucker that he knows nothing about slimes, in the fact that they are all Ex-Aberrations, and the type only came about via Ghaunadaur removing their intelligence, and for slimes that have no cohesive structure of internal organs due to being pseudo-magical creatures, noted through the Ghaunadauns, themselves, and the Awaken Ooze spell
>What is a Slime Lord?
>What is the massive Drow fixation on slimes?

Any slime with an intelligence score is an aberration- with ooze-like qualities, barring a select few such as Darkness given hunger due to being able to be placed under mind control.I fucking hate monstergirl fags, you people literally have no taste whatsoever, you're all disgusting normies who latch onto the medium because of the popularity and fetishism, gracing every board you infest with the same cancerous normalfag understanding of monster ecology as a fucking furfaggot homosexual piece of shit that can't understand why people don't like vore, diaper, piss and scat fetishes opposed to almost anything else, and whom fucking thing everyone should automatically associate with them like the cancerous social virus you are.

Get the fuck out. You want a sentient Human slime? You play a Fucking Drow Cleric of Ghaunadaur, an eccentric Oozemaster, or a Destructive Thrall of Juiblex, but not Nu-Juiblex because it's just a photoshop of 3.5's Juiblex as WoTC was too lazy to design a new art piece for the guy and instead made him a Shoggoth. They've probably already forgotten if his True name is actually discovered it kills you and sends you to the abyss in a year if you discover it, you've also got the spawn of Juiblex from the Demiplane of filth too.

>No one has posted a Ghaunadaun

but what if we want to play a good oozemancer?

Just don't do anything that would make people think you're getting of to it.

a little late for that, now, given what the DM put in his BBEG's castle.

If anyone in my 4e game browses Veeky Forums, which I assume at least one of them do, they'll know who I am.

We don't know if they're playing Forgotten Realms or not.

Still, they'd be a good choice for a GOO aligned Warlock, as mentioned in the SCAG.

Completely possible.
Ooze masters are just nutters, nut they're the only PrC way back when capable of gaining the Ooze type with no ill effects, barring CHA penalty