How would your party defeat 150,000 screamers riding in on an open field?

How would your party defeat 150,000 screamers riding in on an open field?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2hegUgANcTw
technovelgy.com/ct/content.asp?Bnum=1746
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

200,000 Screamers riding in an open field.

With bows.

One at the time.

We wouldn't. We'd be slaughtered horribly unless we can scare them off with some shitty low level wizard magic.

We'd call our mercenary company into action and defeat them with disciplined squares and effective cannon that's how.

Fucking savages.

Earthquake.

We would defeat them with the power of love and friendship!

We have a tank.

Spam Create Water until we've got enough of a swamp to cover our flanks, set up some quick earthen walls to force them to dismount, activate meatgrinder mode, and hope we can heal our melee guys faster than the enemy can injure them.

Pikes. Lots of fucking pikes
Have a great shield wall in front of them. The horses fall over like dominos. Peasants in the back fucking shank them while they're knocked down

see who screams the fucking loudest

We'd get in our spaceship and shoot them from low orbit.

Scouts.

>Damage barrier 100
>Can punch ground and generate earthquakes at will
>Can vaporize normal humans in one punch
>Moves at the speed of sound
And that's just my character, I think we'll be fine. The dragons will be more up to our level.

Our alchemist has bombs that function like cloud kill. He also has a discovery that lets him shoot his bombs like rockets with bigger blast areas. And he can do this multiple times a round.

Multiple 40ft radius cloudkills being put ahead of the approaching horde will do some damage. Depending on the hit die of the screamers and their horses, it might even kill them all instantly. I dont think he could cover them all, but seeing that shit go down must do something to their morale.

As for myself and the rest of the party, I guess we just hang back and try to look scary.

By making those Dothraki HOOOOOAAAAARS BOW BEFORE THEIR KING!

agghhh...

Mountain full of naked women with AIDS

It occurs to me that unless they all die in the war with the Others that Westeros ethnic makeup will suddenly be much more diverse then it used to be with all those Dothraki and Ghinscari folks arriving with Dany.

>Others
Who now?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH yourself!
youtube.com/watch?v=2hegUgANcTw
Uh oh.

Trenches, earthworks, war wagons, scouts to know those guys are coming would be nice. Magic or not, one needs to plan and prepare. Also my PC has a mortar, a catapult and 40 ghost-possessed soldiers to man and protect them. Assuming we have our social connections, I could call imperial composite phalanxes.

I've checked the scene on youtube, those were some awful horse nomads. Although throwing dead horses on top of the enemy can be surprisingly effective. I think there was an instance of this with english cavarly in 1857.

The White Walkers.
Their proper name in the book, insofar that they even have one, are "the Others" (because they were not Men or Forest Children, but Other), with the White Walkers being yet another name for them.
They are primarily called The Others in the novels, but the showrunners changed it because they unironically thought that people would confused a species of frozen ice fairies with a magical zombie army for the villains in Lost if they had the same name.

We wouldn't, those fuckers are going to swamp us.

By preparing the field beforehand and hoping for the best.

Sharpened stakes, Pikes, Laying out fields of pitch which you can ignite when they are stalled by your stakes/pike wall, Greek fire throwers & Mangonels, plus a an extremely healthy dose of luck.

It's like Sun Tsu says if you're able to choose and control the battlefield most of the time you'll win.

However, if caught offguard or unaware you're fucked.

MY PEOPLE!

Shield wall with spears.
Horses don't charge home against spears because they're not fucking retards, unless they're specially trained for it.
Given that the Dothraki never fight organised forces with spears, and that they love their horses, combined with their complete lack of armour, It's a fair bet that their horses wouldn't be trained for full frontal spear charges that would cause massive casualties to them.

2 step process
1.) Geomancer creates a 5 foot thick lead bunk
2.) S.T.A.L.K.E.R. pulls in radiation from Chernobyl
Survive and dig away

We wouldn't technically be able to defeat ALL of them, but I think six fully Gauru'd werewolves would terrify the fuck out of them. We'd mulch the first wave, and after that it'd be a matter of how many of these dudes are willing to be next in line.

Realistically, they'd overwhelm us eventually, but how many warriors, even ones like this, are willing to go to 99% certain death at the hands of a giant killing machine so that guys way behind him may have a chance at wearing said killing machine out?

So basically we either scare them off or we kill tons of them before dying.

We might break a sweat punching the last one of them to death since we'll run out of bullets before they run out of screamers.

With our BattleMechs.

Not too hard desu.

Alright lads! Lets give them a taste of the old pike and shot!

AAAGHH DAVOS SAVE ME, SAVE ME DAVOS

THE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE IS PREGNANT.

>Pikes. Lots of fucking pikes
Pretty much. Don't horses refuse to get themselves impaled by a spearwall?

Have scouts and light that field on fire when they approach.

Nope, large beasts legendary for their skittishness will valiantly impale themselves upon a painful wall of steel and sinew at full gallop.

I thought its was because it was hard to get across capitalisation in speech.
While it's dumb, you gotta remember a lot of the audience genuinely think the girl with the dragons is called Khaleesi

Sadly Dothraki are also very capable archers in the fluff

>but the showrunners changed it because they unironically thought that people would confused a species of frozen ice fairies with a magical zombie army for the villains in Lost if they had the same name.

Dumb and Dumber are really some of the most clueless baboons in the history of television, their genius of the first four seasons was attributed entirely to copying The Fat Man's writing wholesale, and once the lard-laden wellspring ran dry so too did the writing quality of the show.

I should know, I'm a crayola factory worker where Dabid personally orders his fresh stock of writing material.

All you'd need is twenty good men

Tercios are so fucking aesthetic.

let them charge me while the rest of the party drops back and drops fireballs on everything. i've tanked gods by myself. that's what happens when everyone but you is a caster.

i hate them so much.

Why the fuck don't more fantasy settings take place in the 16th century? It's got literally everything you'd want for adventure, on top of centralized states ran by monarchs, large urban centers and exploration!

You'd think you would've been roasted to cinders by the rest of your party by now.

Because they'd all just be WHF in the end.

Because feudalism loving spergs cannot into renaissance.

anticipating what was to come, i've dedicated my character to NEVER FUCKING DYING. and because of GWM, he still hits like a fucking freight train, besides taking damage like one.

Is there something wrong with a Not!WHF TTRPG setting?

I prefer Byzantium to be honest.

Fall back and call in the napalm

Whatever happens,
We have got,
The Maxim Gun,
And they have not.

Why not both? Just assume Byzantium won out against the Ottomans.

That's easy!

We just make them listen to the voice of REASON.
technovelgy.com/ct/content.asp?Bnum=1746
(preferably use several of them, since only one won't be heard by everybody due to all the screaming ...)

To be fair, most of the Ghiscari immigrants won't make too much of a difference in Westeros' ethnic makeup in the long term.

Not without cocks, anyway.

What if there's only one bitch that needs to be impregnated?

>tanked gods

How?

Nope, D&D said that but Martin claimed the former.
Given that when they stopping having Martin-written material to copy the show's writing saw a massive drop in quality, I think we can safely conclude which of the more retarded explanations is more correct.

Would 3-4 castings of earth to mud or grease work?

Well we're playing Exalted so relatively easily.

>horsekeepers that spend their lives raiding defenseless villages and having their best warriors kill each other are somehow on an entirely separate level than professional soldiers from a standing army

>light cavalry stomps heavy infantry in a head-on battle

Jaghatai likes to go fast

Orbital bombardment.

What? We have a voidship and we are not idiots.

Fielding enough Tercios.

You've got Delirium on your side as well.

They did create some pretty impressive holes in their lines what with the 50 foot long monster that breathes fire.

It was a thin line of infantry they had to smash.
And the dragon didn't help the poor sods to hold ground

A DOTHRAKI WHORE NED

ON AN OPEN FIELD NED

Unless your mercenary company vastly outnumbers them, Dothraki use dragonbone bows to fire from much further than most Westerosi crossbows, and certainly much faster rate of fire than any musket. They wouldn't charge a pike line. Dothraki are uncivilized but not stupid.

>A three rank deep line armed with short stubby spears and kite shields fail to stop a massive army of cavalry that outnumbers then 10 to 1 and has a dragon
>This is somehow an absurd outcome.

Yeah man, you are such a clever strategist. Too bad HBO couldn't afford your consultant rates.

GODS! I USED TO BE A HORSE

We're Solars. They're fucked.

(More specifically, Sorcery and Tiger-Warrior Training Technique. Sorcery gives you vast numbers of demons, the latter lets you mass-produce crack soldiers.)

the dothraki wouldn't just charge your shield wall, they're not retarded

I WARNED YA SHIIIETS!!!

A bigger concern is how the fuck she plans to feed them with Winter here and the Reach's stocks already depleted by the Lannister army.

In fact I'm confused by what was in the caravans Danny blew up, it sounded like the gold was in the city safely before she attacked, and the Golden Company is still on the march to come to Cersi's aid... so did Danny burn the fuck out of highly valuable food supplies?

she had fucking dragons you mong

this. a 1000 times. a simple immunity to fire spell should do the trick.

i'ma call it a /thread here.

There is literally a story in the history of Essos where 25,000 Dorthraki charge a spear wall 3,000 strong like 18 times over 3 days, then the 12,000 survivors cut their braids off and leave and THE WHOLE TIME THE SPEAR FORMATION'S FLANKS WHERE EXPOSED BUT IT WAS A MATTER OF HONOUR TO CHARGE FRONT ON.

>"Don't mind me Veeky Forums. I'm off to destabalize another region with my- what you call that term? Kaikauks? Yes that's it."

Just like we did in real life, heavy forests, and castles.

>I should know, I'm a crayola factory worker where Dabid personally orders his fresh stock of writing material.
we really didn't need your testimony to figure that out though. they're average hollywood hacks, that much is clear by now. they might as well work on a future season of shannara and you'd see no improvement in that show.

>suddenly be much more diverse then it used to be with all those Dothraki and Ghinscari folks arriving with Dany.
that's the other thing. you got a 100.000 potent young dothraki men - apparently they all have been turned into unsullied by now or else there'd be a lot of cultural enrichment going on by now.

It was covered in that episode, they sent the gold ahead. One of the generals said that all the gold was safely through the gates of kings landing when talking to Jamie

To which country belongs that flag? or is it fantasy?

It's the Spanish Cross of Burgundy.

It was a wagon delivery

>Spain
>People in pic look white
nah, srly, which country?

What are their stats?.

That might actually be the biggest decider.

My bad, it was actually a false flag operation by the perfidious Swedes to instigate hostilities between the French and Spanish.

>tercios
If firearms exist nomads are dead.

Tight hollow spear blocks with archers inside. Rigid training to ensure the men hold ranks. Horses will not charge formed men.

Failing that or with less capable men schiltroms. Light cavalry are totally ineffective against disciplined infantry.

What's with the giant floating stone head?

autocannons and heavy bolters. Flamers and heavy flamers when they get close. Maybe even stay inside the Chimera after we lascannon/missile the fuck out of the lone dragon. It'll be like bringing down a Helldrake.

He warned them about this.

I suspect our small army of combat servitors and cultists that the Magos and Slaaneshi face have put together backed up with some fortifications and a few Chaos Champions hacking their way though anything that threatens the line would do a pretty good job, since somehow I doubt their bows outrange or outpunch heavy bolters. We do have gunships,so the dragon(s?) would last about ten seconds given they're basic vastly shitter Heldrakes with a worse pilot, at which point I suppose we just strafe them over and over. We're Black Crusade high-rankers, normally the "charge them with hordes of cannon fodder" is our thing.

It's a meme from /tv/

We'd hole up in a walled city, then disperse them by sending agents to either pay them off, manipulate thier leadership or magically poison an entire fucking lake they are using as a watersource. The only fight would be a token one forced on us by a frustrated DM, whose plans of pitched battles are yet again ruined.

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT