~2000-year-old Dice in a handy box which once had a sliding cover

>~2000-year-old Dice in a handy box which once had a sliding cover.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want a girl friend

What was their favorite campaign setting?

>2d6
d20fags BTFO

What's that little dark thing on the top for?

A hoop to wear it as a necklace?

It's an iron loop, presumably for a lanyard. Pretty sure that's iron anyway; looks black enough. I don't think bronze tarnishes that dark.

I make a sliding cover for it out of wood

3d6 is better.

Clearly its a miniature drawer for a dollhouse.

Making dice out of jade sounds like a cool thing.
2d6 isn't my favorite, but it'll work.

damn I really should do the dishes, there's mold on that crumb of bread.

Why would you settle for something cool when you can have something rad?

>ah, the dice at my table killed a player last week
>oh, he rolled badly on a save or something?
>not a character, a player. He got cancer in his fingers and it metastasized

It's bring your own hazmat suit when we play Fallout setting, everyone knows that.

DU is also toxic the same way lead and mercury are, so don't have any cuts on your hands while handling them.

Well, there's reason GM's screen at our table is made from 1" of solid lead.

Humans have barely evolved in recent times

pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm

>Take hold of your servant girl whenever you want to; it’s your right
>This is Graffiti
Somehow I like to imagine this was "tagged" by a middle-aged well dressed man after a night at the theater.

I was imagining a fat Roman neckbeard with a hand-sewn body pillow with his waifu on the front.

>Cruel Lalagus, why do you not love me?
>I showed you my art, please respond

This works too

Well, they are plated. So, assuming the plating is intact, they are safe to handle.

Yeah I pity our primitive forbearers who didn't enjoy the mathematical precision of the best system.

>barely evolved
>in a few thousand years
>said without irony
Come on, you're smarter than that.

That's one impractical cupboard.
Your dolls are idiots.

Fuck this work, I need some sleep and I can do it in the morning and still meet the deadline with time to spare.

That's where the lid once attached - rather than loose it from size, the lid would be tied to it with a piece of leather or twine. You can also carry it by that strap, especially if your lid is just loose enough to wedge itself in the rabbets.
Trust me, I'm an amateur.

Depleted uranium isn't that radioactive.

I still maintain that Secundus is some kind of John Doe that they used as a generic anonymous blamee. Don't know who shit here? Secundus. Don't know who shit there? Secundus. Who's pissing all over your house? Secundus.

Slightly older D20 from Egypt.

But who the fuck tags his public pees. I never felt like marking that place.

Here's some random info from your resident Christfag.

"Casting lots" is specifically mentioned numerous times throughout the Bible as a form of divination sanctioned by God. I believe in Numbers it goes into more detail, and they are described as casting a multi-faced carved pebble.

It is a little known fact that God is indeed, the first GM.

Yes senpai, TRADITIONAL games aren't a new thing. Who would of tough right?

Why are you so salty user?

I'm not

I thought the Egyptians played card games.

>Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates men’s behinds. Goodbye, wondrous femininity!

/r9k/ in 79AD.

They did, that's a life counter.

Kickstarter in 5... 4... 3...

Honestly, that's a cooler idea than most dice kickstarters. I'd probably pay $10 for a set of replica Roman D6, Egyptian d20, and (pic related) Mesopotamian D4.

(forgot the pic)

Honestly, those are all cool. I like the d4s with the rounded vertices much better than the caltrops you normally see. I have some sets of 3d6 made out of stone to play with. Very fun, though the craftmanship on mine is not great, as they were only a couple bucks for the set.

On an unrelated note, I've seen this nonsense of 2d6+3 (usually on a scale of 1-20) popping up all over the board. What the hell is up with that? I can't seem to find any reliable references for it online.

I thought it was just to stop me from using my x-ray glasses.