Wouldn't a shotgun be the best gun to shoot a dodgy eldar with?

Wouldn't a shotgun be the best gun to shoot a dodgy eldar with?

Do you consider flamethrower to be a gun?

Actually shotgun will be perfect weapon for ork kommandos but they will call it "Shootagun" instead for Shotgun.

No, because a shotgun with any kind of armour penetration is going to be firing slugs, not buckshot. So you either have a hail of small projectiles that won't be able to get through Space Elf armour, or a single large projectile that won't be any harder for them to dodge than a regular bullet.

>dark eldar

Far as I know craftworlders like guardians don't dodge to much

Well, there's flechette rounds.

they can jump over the shots or dodge under them

knives or emeralds from every possible angle is my answer

>Dark Eldar
>Armor

What would be the best way to get a gun made for a rogue trader?

Ork Mekboy?
Trading with the greater good?
Jokero?

A tau weapon improved by both a Mekboy and jokero?

/k/ here

Shotguns aren't the magical death spreader people think they are and will hold groupings no bigger than a dinner plate at your average engagement range with buckshot, anything with a wider spread like birdshot will simply lack any killing power.

>A tau weapon improved by both a Mekboy and jokero?
less likely than the emperor resurrected

Well, this is not paper.

An astartes shotgun would still mess up an eldar something fierce.

And ork shotguns might be even better.

This is a setting where people still use shotguns alongside laser rifles and fully-automatic gyrojet grenade launchers to kill giant green football hooligans, realism has no place here

This is one of the reasons the Dark Heresy rules are great. I love when game mechanics lead to reasonable in-play decisions.

In DH, there are two main defenses: soak (toughness + armor) and dodge (roll to avoid a hit.) Weapons fall on a spectrum from "single, powerful hit" to "multiple weak hits."

If your opponent is slow but heavily armored, you use something like a high-caliber rifle; the soak subtracts from the high damage hit, but there's plenty of damage left over. If you tried to use a multi-hit weapon like a shotgun or smg, the armor would count against each hit and total damage would be low.

Against something dodgy (or something with lots of wounds but low armor,) you use multi-hit weapons like autopistols or shotties. Enemies only get one or two dodge chances per round, meaning some hits are more likely to get through.

It's a lot of fun having to switch up your weapons for different threat profiles. It winds up being totally worth carrying a pistol as a backup weapon; it's not just a weaker version of your main weapon, it does a different thing. Carrying a sniper rifle? Holster an autopistol in case you need to spray a room.

Nah, has it right. Give them no room to dodge it.

>OP asks if shotguns are a good idea to fight elves
>/k/ommando reponds
>40k rules and fluff support his answer that shotguns are not good for killing elves
>THERE'S NO PLACE FOR REALISM HERE
I mean, shit dog, if 40k shotguns are as you imply, why can't my shotgun cultist tear his way through conscript blobs on the battlefield? Why are shotguns rarely ever mentioned when fighting anything other than humans?

The deatchwatch uses a giant shotgun which is horribly effective against mobs

Does doomguy have a fair chance of killing eldritch things?

I mean demons are one thing, but mythos is another

Wrong thread sorry.

Silly mon-keigh, when will they learn...

So just achieve more Dakka?

Are sluggas better shotguns than the ones humans have?