Where are you from and what is the TG scene like there?

Pic unrelated.

Where are you guys from? Are there a lot of fa/tg/uys where you live? Interested in hearing what the geographical demographics are like on this forum.

I'm in South America, curiously I noticed in the obscure RPG thread that there are quite a few other people lurking Veeky Forums from Spanish-speaking regions, among a few Poles and other places. I always figured the vast, vast majority were Americafags, but maybe that's not the case?

>Where are you guys from?
basement

>Are there a lot of fa/tg/uys where you live?
only me, although I'm not fat

My autism stops me from interacting with outside world in /tg department. Outside I'm normalfag and nobody know what I'm lurking.

Bremerton Washington.

Place sucks.

I'm in Denver CO, it's pretty good around here. I have a coffee shop near me, called enchanted grounds. It's a coffee shop and tabletop store. I love it there, I can chill listen to music and drink coffee while working on campaigns.
>Are there a lot of fa/tg/uys where you live?
Not really I mean there are a few but like 1 out of 20.

I also started DMing at the store for their weekly encounters. I got a bunch of free bumper stickers and like 13 pages of those pop out pathfinder minis from the store on their behalf.
>Feelsgoodman.jpg

Being a fa/tg/uy is incredibly socially acceptable nowadays, I feel. At least where I am in South America, people of a certain age barely bat an eyelash if you tell them you can't go out with them because you're going to spend the afternoon pretending to be a half-elf sorcerer.

But maybe that's cultural, even though it feels like in the US it would be the same way. In Uruguay where I live, weed was also recently legalized and I graduated from high school with a generation that would collectively ditch our last period physics class on Fridays to smoke a joint.

Why, user? I sympathize anyway.

Sounds pretty damn cozy. So I gather you run a Pathfinder campaign, how's that going?

Amerifag here. Ohio specifically. Nobody really plays around here, cept my family. My bros and dad got me into it. fate's the most used system here, but i was raised on dnd.

Not pathfinder 5e, since it's one of those "Official Wizards of the Coast" get togethers you can only run 5e.
It's been going well, we just had our second session where the party killed the gnoll pack lord in an abandoned fort. The party rogue ripped off the pack lord's necromantic amulet, and turned the skeletons and zombies against him. Also had a pretty funny moment, Life cleric is downed right away, rogue grabs a skeleton (Now under his control) and says give this to my cleric friend. Then like a beach ball at a concert the potion goes bouncing between skeletons until it is handed to the cleric.

Toronto , Canada.
There is a good spread of game stores, all with tables to play whatever your poison is.
I play a lot of xwing, and the community is ridiculously friendly and you can play almost any day of the week.

From a rpg side, a couple of the stores play dnd/pathfinder at them, but I don't have personal experience playing there. I have never had trouble getting a group for rpgs, lots of people play here.

I should mention on a less positive note, one of my favorite stores just closed all of their tables and tournaments because people kept stealing scenery and such (the owner said they lost almost 2 grand)
so shitty people live here too

Nashville, there are a lot for stores and a big meetup group.

From Dundee, Scotland.

The fa/tg/uy scene is pretty good. Got 2 universities that run Card Game and Roleplaying Game societies but they can be full of the type of weird even I don't fuck with and normies dipping their toes into such hobbies, and then getting overwhelmed by how weird the rest of the people are.

Outside of the uni scene, there are 2 or 3 FLGS that run usual FLGS events.

I'm also part of an independant group of 40+ people that run games every week set in the same shared setting. Usually 3 or so tables are running with group of about 5 to 6 players each week and the GM group meets to discuss how this weeks games have effected the overall plot.

During the last "season finale" we had 4 teams trying to take down an illithid ship that was about to independence day their town. Certain events at each table triggered random effects at other tables. Crazy chit

The group has a healthy medium of normies to totally neet weeaboo freaks.

Wow, a shared universe sounds pretty fucking awesome if it was handled in a way that didnt become a clusterfuck. How did that come about?

Russia, moscow. The scene is big, fesivals, open games, lots of people to play with in different systems and settings. Half of my colleagues at work used to roll dices in one way or another.

Thread gives the indication that tabletop gaming thrives in every corner of the Earth : ' )

It started off with a group of 7 or 8 people with real life issues and careers and such that stopped them from reasonably committing to a full campaign. So they starting round robin GMing one shot adventures in the pub for anyone that could make it that week.

It just made sense to make the setting fit that group set up. So "World's End" was made, a frontier town literally around 30 miles from the edge of the world, if you keep walking, you'll eventually fall off. (The worlds cuboid so you'd fall onto the next face, the elemental plane of water I think). Being this close to the edge of the world means the atmosphere protecting the world from the cosmos is thinner and therefore more magic bullshit leeks in. So there is a need for an adventurers guild to defend against/capitalize on all this magic nonsense.

As the group grew, more people heard of it and eventually they needed 2 GM's each week, so it was clarified that each game was running at the same timeframe in setting. Each week we run is another week in game. Sometimes games become 2 parters so theirs the rules addition of "Time is convoluted in World's End... Don't talk about it or fear the wroth of the GM's"

Eventually it became so big that a facebook group got made and shit for it. I think that there is about 100+ people on it at the moment.

We just started taking in a £1 fee each week from the players so we can buy splatbooks and models and flip mats and what not for the group.

Paris, anyone here with good contacts to roll some dice?

>Where are you from
Copper island

>Veeky Forums scene
hahahaha

Serbia.
There is still a lot of influence in the community from the grognards who brought the games into Serbia some 20 years ago, but the newer generations are really shitty since they get autistic about any system that isn't D&D, it is hard to find a group willing to play other systems so there is a lot of elitism from people who never played other systems. I am lucky enough to have a close cadre of players who are willing to play other systems.

upstate new york

there isn't even a comic shop nearby

Originally from Izmir, Turkey, but livin in Warsaw, PL right now for grad school.

The scene back home was great, but now I'm DM ing with my old crew through roll20.

Wish I could get into the scene in Warsaw but it seems quite limited, or maybe it's mostly in Polish idk.

Hungary

> Are there a lot of fa/tg/uys where you live?
Meh, I would say probably a 100k in the country all in all. They aren't rare but the communities are still relatively small.
Small and shit. Lot's of hate and some drama, especially between the MAGUS players. I can say without a doubt that anyone who honestly thinks that MAGUS is the best system is clinically retarded

The Wilderlands of the Upper Peninsula are truly barbaric lands.

so glad my parents left the UP before i was born. Southern metro Detroit still sucks but at least there's people

>but at least there's people
Niggers ain't people, user. Are you talking about the few whites still there?

Toronno, Canada here as well.

Scene's pretty big, but various groups are pretty insular. The Toronto Area Gamers club is mostly storygamers and PF...and SJWs out in full force with rules enforced by ugly feminists. The wargaming club is mostly old grognards. Then there are 10,000 individual groups that don't interact much.

We had quite a few good RPG/comic stores but most have been forced out of downtown by exploding condo prices. The Hairy Tarantula just closed down this year and it's a big loss. It's too expensive to run a store downtown these days.

But at least there are 3 universities that provide a lot of player fodder.

If you live in a country you should learn the language or you're isolating yourself.

Serbia here, forever GM. Bit hard to find actual players nowadays, but generally people I hang out with are more than willing to explore new concepts and systems; dnd is still prevalent unfortunately. Tabletop and mtg scene are pretty strong here too, while the younglings jizz over yu-gi-oh. Warmachine and Infinity are most popular wargames in my experience. Some LARP faggots too and several HEMA groups with varying levels of seriousness.

1) go back to /pol/, no one wants you here,
2) can you read >>southern METRO
3) i literally live in racist white upper middle class surbubria city( 98% white exactly) but every one still thinks they're working class. and hates everything that isn't normal or mainstream or even new.

How do you guys in eastern Europe find games? I'd like to play but there's nobody in my city to play with. I think there's 3 shops in my country, but they're too far away from me.

SW Michigan, there's a couple of game shops that seem to do okay and a small gaming convention (Marmalade Dog or something like that) but I'm too much of a shutin to actually see what the scene is like around here.

Riga, Latvia.
It's fine. Plenty of game shops, board game evening meetups, a LARP community, several 40k clubs.

RPGs have a presence too. It's fine, especially for the size of our country.

Wellington, New Zealand. There's like three stores here, one that's all board games, one that's almost all board games and MtG, with a little bit of 5e and FFG SW, and one that's wargames, but not the one I play (Infinity). I think both universities have Veeky Forums clubs.