Why are people not lining up to contract werebear lycanthropy in 5e?

Why are people not lining up to contract werebear lycanthropy in 5e?

>neutral good alignment
>full control over shapeshifting, no involuntary changes
>Strength 19
>+1 natural armor
>humanoid form, hybrid form, and bear form, speed 40 feet and climb speed 30 feet in hybrid or bear form
>immunity to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage from non magical weapons that aren't silvered
>keen smell
>multiattack with powerful bite and claws

Spread the werebear lycanthropy like an epidemic and watch the world turn into neutral good ursine übermensch.

Sign me the fuck up

smells like furfaggotry, and minmaxxing, your anime image doesn't help either

You are one bitter individual with a transparent agenda, and we all, including yourself, would be better off with you never posting again.

NPCs usually aren't big on meta-gaming, especially the large masses of mostly unimportant ones.

>tfw playing through Strahd and we are really helping the Keepers out doesn't have them offer to join and get to be a cool birb

Ended up dropping that campaign anyway when he surprised us with a homebrew initiative system because reasons and it got the party tpked and he killed my character in an asine way. I had put my heart and soul into the character and in one session not only killed her but also undid everything we'd accomplished. Yes I mad.

Yiff in hell.

>he still thinks this shit matters
Roleplay is just a fucking wish fulfillment exercise, yours or your DM's. Especially true for fucking D&D.

Because the common folk don't have a monster manual on their shelf. The ones that have heard of a werebear will likely assume that, like the other shapeshifters, it's evil and they should wipe them out ASAP.

>The ones that have heard of a werebear will likely assume that, like the other shapeshifters, it's evil

Only werewolves and wererats are evil.

Weretigers are neutral.

And you would expect superstitious peasants to know or care?

So you are implying my wish wasn't my character heroically surviving and defeating Strahd? Are you implying we should all be catering to a GM's power wank fantasy and have no fun aside from serving him?

I just straight up had one of the keepers make the offer to turn one party member into a wereraven after they did a big quest.

triggered

After long enough, yes. After the bear people heroicly save countless towns and whatnot. . .

At the very least, I would expect the tribes of Barbarians to enjoy a pretty sick power bonus that also gives them free fur for the winter.

I remember some story about a villianous character unknowingly being a were bear and helping the peasants that he subjugated

I'd go for that if I thought I was in some sort of physical danger, but not otherwise. That's all combat stuff, and bears don't really fit into a tavern door or a wizard's study.

That said, I can definitely see a group of guardianly werebears raising a peasant militia against an invading army biting them.

But that's the thing, you could stay looking like a normal, if hairy, human but also have the ability to turn into a bear or bear-human hybrid at will. I think you also get super strength and regen even in human form.

Minmaxing + Furfaggotry

Back to Pathfinder with you faggot

I think you mean Bearbarians.

Peasants in D&D aren't superstitious, end this meme.

>lycanthropy
You mean arctothropy, right? Lycanthrope means "wolf man" in greek.

Also is being and eating lesbians a requirement for these werebears?

Depends on the setting.

Care to tell the tale so I can live vicariously through another campaign?

Because not everyone knows how werebears work.

Fuck, a lot of werebears might not even know how they work.

Roll bear lore.

Nevermind, found it myself