Say you where a really powerful wizard in a !notdnd universe

Say you where a really powerful wizard in a !notdnd universe.

Where/how do you build your house?

Probably in the middle of the largest friendly city. It's probably easiest to access materials I need and potential clients I can make money off of from there.

abandoned fortress I weaseled my way into from a local king. That way I can prepare my nefarious plans in secret.

my mom's basement

I rent a shitty apartment in a decent enough neighborhood near guard outposts in a capitol city. I won't be spending much time on that plane, but I might as well have a decent home base to teleport to without much fuss. I wouldn't really want anything extravagant (gives people a place to scry, and it's a big billboard of "Hey come steal my magical shit while I'm away!") but I also don't want to settle down in a bad neighborhood where I would risk people breaking and entering. It's also helpful to have a place nearby a hospital, library, and/or some shops so that I don't have to worry about day to day problems as well.

I can save the theatrical bullshit for my own personal demiplane, and let the other wizards make fancy pancy towers and get buttfucked by shithead adventurers and cultists and mage hunters and plucky young disciples who want to steal your secrets and mormons and world class thieves and rival dickhead wizards.

In my own personal demiplane, why is this even a question?

I would live in a spaceship that circles on orbit.

pocket dimension

peace, quiet, and no locals to wonder what the golems and planar portal is for

I rent a shitty apartment and enchant the door to lead to my own personal demiplane.

It really doesn't, but that's what I tell everyone. The door just triggers a mechanism that sprays a small amount of hallucinogenic gas on everyone entering so they think everything's all weird and crazy when it's really just a shitty apartment.

>where
It walks wherever the fuck it wants.
>how
Magic.

You could probably afford a better apartment if you didn't need to keep restocking your hallucinogenic gas.

Somewhere that draws little attention or is hard to get to, but also very easy for me to return to.

The only reason I'd ever see any no-magic normies is if they have something I want.

So, naturally, a demiplane.

I would live in a Gazebo

what level of gazebo?

i hear the dire gazebo can breathe fire

It's in a convenient area. A little overdose here and there never killed anyone.

Not a wizard, but a friend got me interested in Changeling: The Lost, and now I want to play as an alchemist with a Hold sited at the top of a towering spire of rock.

A magnificent but spooky castle with impossible architecture that can be teleported to wherever is convinient for me, not unlike Dracula's castle in the Castlevania games.

So aside from the cop-out 0 creativity answer of a demiplane, I'd probably go full forest witch and have some underground magically excavated home, maybe hobbit-style ? The entrance can be concealed in a hollow stump.

A Plane shifting airship that I would slowly upgrade over the centuries into a labyrinthine dreadnought with materials and weapons taken from across the multiverse. The crew would consist of myself as the Captain, a small army of automated golems, a few hand crafted monster lieutenants of my own design, along with a handful of knowledge and adventure hungry mortals that I deem worthy to take on a trip across space and time. Basically somewhere between a less lame version of Dr. Who, and a more benevolent Super Sentai Villain.

The whole thing can turn into a giant robot

pic related

>can summon food/water as I wish
>easy seclusion
>sail to wherever I need materials from
>scrying pool ezpz
>no light pollution on the ocean = dank astronomy
>take entire house with me in wanderings
>aghlth ftaghn

lel

>dank astronomy

My brother of high skin melanin

>he doesn't seduce mermaids to fish for him and suck his dick at night
what's even the point of your powers

A cardboard box in the middle of the city.

>trusting any sea creature
Enjoy dying horribly.

go to bed diogenes

Hey, I'm not a cynic

Floating Island with tower and a big inn.
It flies around the sea, giving shelter to sailors who are stranded or in bad weather, or who just want a fresh meal.
They still have to pay for their drinks.
Sometimes I give out quests, it's a pretty cozy set up.

a cloak enchanted to be a cathedral-like building once you cover yourself fully on it.

The cloak dissapears when I'm inside.

How do you get out?

>ctrl+f

No moonbase

I'm disappointed in you Veeky Forums

I live in a hole in the ground, a la the Shire, because fantasy rural England is pretty aesthetic, and the neighbors are great.

In a pocket dimension that has many portals to many places.

aeiou

john madden

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Cottage on chicken legs like baba yaga. I just really like the idea.

Very tall but skinny tower in the middle of a city. Perhaps attached to the castle of the local ruler, if they seem like a cool guy and want me there.

the exit door from the building leads you to the place where you hid into the cloak AND you have the cloak over your shoulders.

In my demiplane. That's what its for.

What's wrong with Mormons?

He's probably confusing them with the jehovahs witnesses.

And jehovahs witnesses are why you have golems

>he's still mortal
Enjoy dying horribly.

Probably a triplex corner loft apartment 4,000 sq feet in a big city so he could blend in and won't stand out and also to flaunt my wealth to my lessers.

>!notdnd
What the fuck does this even mean. Not not dnd?

Somewhere in the dark and nasty regions, where nobody goes.

>Squatting in the demon lords house

Dangit, I meant Hollow, not Hold.

World of Darkness has the most confusing jargon, I swear.

>dude leave
>you already looted all the pants
>i have friends coming over- lolth will laugh at me

>"Can't I at least crash in the basement for a bit?"
>"No, the skeletons are using it for Poker nights."

>adventurers attack demon lords house
>search giant house
>find old man in a bathrobe
>SMITE_EVIL.jpg
>0 dmg
>magic explosion

I create my own demiplane

A huge, elaborate, linear underground complex with where I house increasingly stronger monsters and more valuable items, with my magnum opus orb stored at the bottom (it's sole purpose is to prevent it's own theft)

Not!X refers to something that pretty much is X, but is Not! X.

So Not!Rome is fantasy Rome that's actually Not! Rome and is totally different, I swear.

this, but they fucked the notation up

which not! dnd
not!forgotten realms?
not!Spelljammer?
these are not all the same not!s user!

Not!greyhawk tends to be the default

Only choice. The basement to rule all basements.

>how
Cozy, with room for me, my familiar, and my summoned minions
>where
I don't understand the question.

>!notdnd universe
So DnD universe?

Honestly If I was a super powerful wizard.
I don't think I'd have one, oh sure I'd have places I stay, but It'd be wherever and whatever was pertinent to the time and situation.

Either my parents' attic or basement as all proper wizards.

I've always liked the idea of living in an island and the place being protected by and army of nagas living in the lakebed.

If you're a powerful wizard who doesn't have a Baba Yaga chicken hut, I'm genuinely confused as to what you think you're doing.

I'd live in the attic of the White House, just because I can. What are they gonna do about it, send me an eviction notice?

>not having underwater Skeleton army

You aren't thinking like a wizard, user

Get a basic house in a typical, but safe middle class neighborhood with a basement. Charm the shit out of the house so only I know there's a basement I put a shielded portal in the basement to my real home, which is a castle in a hollowed out mountain of my choosing. The basic house will be properly furnished and have two human like golems that will imitate normal people living in the house, and they will claim I am just renting a room (which I will have with basic furnishings as well).

The only access to the hollowed out mountain castle will be the basement portal, an emergency blood activated warp stone, and the skylight I put in the mountain which is covered by an illusion and constantly targeted by invocation spells for all persons I have not approved entrance to.

Isn't it obvious? A volcano, where I am protected by an ethereal shield that will stand so long as I live.

>not being the trash wizard living in a sewer
>not making everyone who comes down really annoyed at the smell and location
>not selling stupid adventurers bottles of enchanted rat urine that they gotta buy cause it's the best around.

>spoopy skeletons
wouldn't that be a necromancer's army?

I want to have scaly minions like kobolds and lizardfolk so wherever I could find them and chill out with my lizardbros.

A skull shaped fortress built into a volcano surrounded by barren wasteland and tended to by incompetent minions.

You can't beat the classics.

House of a poor wizard

I would love to live in such apartment.
But I will die of cold if such thing would have been available where I live

You have a thing for loft apartment also?

Yes.
They are the most comfy apartments.

>poor
>douchey hipster loft in the downtown area of a large city
>1500 to 2000 dollars a month in rent
>poor
Lmao.

In the nice part of a solid town. Roman domus style, with human servants ranging from the scullery maid to the majordomo, because even if I can bend the universe around my will doesn't mean I have to spend my time with golems or aerial servants.

Any money left over buys a villa by the seaside.

>God himself couldn't sink this ship.
First thing that came to mind.

I understand

Rather than build a house, I think I'd do something along the lines of binding my will to the fabric of reality and ceasing to exist as a physical being.

In a pocket dimension with doors that lead to different places.

Some nice crossroad near major adventuring points. I'm tired of the powerful wizard lifestyle and want to run a peaceful inn in a place where I can give a beer, cheese and an unsolicited advice to youngsters. Maybe I'll have monster guests and provide magical realm services too.

>Burk.jpg