The non-existent wargame, p.2

Let's get some aesthetics going this time!

Show how the races and armies look

>Google doc:
docs.google.com/document/d/1RXgQqmS5Nn5p3LMh1R4Pwq41N2HTFD-suZ3NTDBjk6E/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1CL-M9Oqi09ZjgUkjrBhhwUzLAA688nTgYI8v1N8DEdg/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You met a real life scream wizard. Good on you.

>orbfags and screamfags shitposting
Can't wait desu

Maps for the map God! I like this, the mountain are maybe a little funky sized though.

Also mountain fiefs should be a little large, maybe push the red river out a bit

Orbies are going to be the most obnoxious fucks after the new ed launches, don't bother playing one until they get nerfed in 5.5

ORB WILL DOMINATE THE WORLD

Go eat a bag of dicks, yagfurry

I'm not a cartographer, so I have no idea what I'm doing. I've barely worked on the east at all.

Yeah he's a pretty nice guy if not a little... odd.
Explained he was "honoring his fallen" when the store owner came over.
We still play, mostly during the night, when no one is around.

Do you think I could successfully pull off a diverse beastman army? Not just fishmen, I mean fishmen, catmen, and minofellows. Obviously fishmen would be used to overwhelm, while catmen are hit and run and minofellows tank, but I think I'm still missing out on some heavy units to really shift the tides of battle. Are their any beastfolk heroes or vehicle units you guys recommend?

Throw a few Yeezy cities in the green areas, and maybe change the color of the red area, since it's the contested lands.

Maybe blue areas could work as Golden Union cities, unless they're merged with the Alquire?

Want me to make a separate doc for the democratic rulebook? Or start with it as part of the planning doc?

....and the other incantation.

Link it in the main document, but make it a separate document, I think. It's gotta be something that can't be changed without voting first.

Fluff question:
What do you guys think the High Orb is doing right now? We haven't heard anything about it since 2nd Edition. I can't remember which novel it was but it was mentioned off-handedly by Archscreamer Dan. Is it coming back into lore?

Alright, I'll make it.

What did that first edition book call the world back in '88?

I feel like the High Orb was more or less replaced by the Orb Prince. Orb Prince didn't become a big thing until 3rd or 4th edition, I think, and both serve the same general idea.

>Mysterious leader figure of the Orbs
>Can only be directly contacted by magic
>Working with the Darkheart.
>Probably gay.

I think the High Orb might come back but he'll be a servant of the prince.

DOGS
O
G
S

Probably just phased out to whatever dimension the orbs came from.

Gol, Watcher of the Beasts. He's not the best in combat, especially as a hero unit, but he helps with his passives. I'd run some Salvaged Mk. II Yeezy Drones to deal with aerial combat, but I wouldn't run more than eight.

I think it was just some mcguffin from that novel, probably the author just made it up on the spot. It probably got retconned into the Merkabah that Zarvus used to go to space.

Rulebook link, it's also linked in the main doc
docs.google.com/document/d/1CL-M9Oqi09ZjgUkjrBhhwUzLAA688nTgYI8v1N8DEdg/edit?usp=sharing

Comment only mode but I'll open it up once we've got further with stuff.

Hey, do you think heavily modding WHFB is better than an outright new system? I think mashing it with 40k 8th could be a dandy old time

I like that Games Company went with mostly original stuff, like power cards and such.

ART: broken giants meeting with a lord of the red river kingdoms

minus hex grid, though you can see it on the shitty border between yeezy and neo-alquin

You're gonna need Ravensinger Gabriel Draconis in there somewhere. His counterspelling is OP as hell and GAME COMPANY doesn't look like they're addressing it anytime soon. Put in a few Birdsingers to synergize off of and you're golden.

>You will never be seduced by a Black Witch
>She will never use all your resources to perform contacting rituals with Elysium
>She will never have sex with you in a ritual to get impregnated by a Dream Baby
Why
Even
Live?

Alright, I'm just going to open it up and sleep for a bit. Go crazy guys. Write down all your ideas, organize them, and we can vote on stuff tomorrow.

Oh fuck forgot about all that, yeah

Re-linking in case it changes when you make it edit open, dunno how that works.

RRK soldiers returning from war

I gotta say i preferred the older lizardmen to the new stuff. What do you guys think? I feel like they made them way too bulky.

Miniature of lord Kodick the Black, warsmith of the Yeezy Empire

theyre supposed to be advanced, should we do an Eastern Europe (like witcher type) thing, or more Asian?

Lizardfolk are already a small enough faction as is. Any change that gets people talking is a good one.

Techno mongols?

Look, I never believed GAME COMPANY was furry pandering before, beast folk have always been party of fantasy and all that, but some of the rumors about the next edition are freaking me out.

Apparently there's talks about custom "hybrid" figures where humans and beastmen, or beastmen with different species of beastmen, can now have hybrid kids with set rules for their mixed stats, with Zarvus' return being a lore excuse for it to mess with the world and allow that to happen. If this is true, it's going to cause the cringiest shit to start popping up.

I love it

WHEN IS GAME COMPANY GOING TO ALLOW FEMALE SCREAM WIZARDS?

THIS FUCKING SEXIST SHIT HAS TO END

>inb4 you have Black Witches already

ONE TOKEN FEMALE GROUP ISN'T ENOUGH TO MAKE UP FOR HOW MANY MALE MODELS THERE ARE IN THIS GAME

Write it in nigga.

Because blood is a ritual component, and we wouldn't want to let it go to waist.

Also, posting Black Witch concept art.

Speaking of Black Witches, has anyone read this novel yet?

I liked the premise when i heard it was coming out, and then i realized it was written by FUCKING JELLCAP.

Their work isn't awful but my god can't GAME COMPANY find a new author? They wrote Maldogan half decently but Gol was a bitch for no reason.

Names are WiP until someone finalizes them
What are some locations?

Oh come on, Jellcap's done some good stuff. Remember that comic that's from the perspective a scream wizard's lungs? That was Jellcap.

Yeah, they didn't portray Gol very well for someone who had contact with beings in Elysium. IDK I still think she had something happen with the Orb Prince but it's never fully explained.

Mals part was fine, it was more "boots' on the ground version of what they witches actually do in the table top.

This is sexy user.
Where are the gilded isles though?

I have no idea where they should be. Just off the coast of Neo-Alquire?

A few made up locations I'm making up right now
>Powerlord factories
>Catman Dune
>The Blood Bridge
>Dreamhedge
>Pit of Whispers

Maybe we'll get lucky and GC will put out something more to do with the intrigue they Mal and Gol were getting into with the Alquire Empire.
Gol has a weird dark angry version of Aegwynn from Warcraft feel, at least in my mind.
I also half expect her to throw Maldogan to the wolves in the next book. Which would be shitty considering Mal had the only real character advancement.

And they promised us plastic Black Witches like a decade ago

I guess, like a republic of venice kinda thing, maintaining sovereignty through commerce?

Cue the shitposting.

>here the screamwizard uses a device to see if his incessant yelling is indeed keeping even Zarvus awake

Also Don't fuck with Lord De'monte.
Because "Come Mald, see what I do to those who betray my trust."
>Proceeds to flay a motherfucker while Gol keeps him from bleeding to death.

I'm tired of people always grouping orb players as shitposters and meme spouters. Orbs have some of the best fluff in the game, not to mention being the basis of the game's mechanics before switching to power cards. They have the most creative freedom when it comes to their units and their tactics (not counting tricksters, maybe), and they are the faction with the most potential to change the slow dredge that lore's become with each edition just being the major three throwing locations between each other.

Orbs > Everyone Else

>Gate to Elysium
>Hole-in-the-World

I mean they kind of asked for that shit when they decided to cut through the Silver Glade when Torian advised specifically not to since De'Monte is a well known psycho-bitch.

>Orbs > Everyone Else

Orbfags confirmed still shitposters.

>Orbs > Everyone Else
Ballboys not even trying

>tired of being associated with memeposters
>post a bunch of memes
You fucking orbies.

You're just jealous we've got the best flying units.

>Pic related

You have only flying units, you broken fucks.
Well, except those slimes, but they're so weak, spawned so many times per round, and use the teamwork rules so much that they might as well be attacks.

One of the OrbCon promos got leaked. I have to wonder what other units are getting added, the Yeezytrooper looks pretty rad.

holy fuck, did you just bash out that render in the last couple hours?

Elysian Astral Diver

The Red River Kingdoms are slowly getting developed, but we still need lots more stuff, especially around the Disputed Lands.

no, I just used HeroForge, I would have artfagged it, but alas, i have the art skills of a preschooler.

see

Daily reminder that Trivon's vision for the Untied Red River Empire was the proper way to go.

>"The Red River is not just a name, but a promise, and until we can accept that our own blood must fill the river to return it to its true glory, than that promise is broken."

Nothing but truth.

Should the Yeezy Capital be Yeezareth?

How did you make this?

still fucking awesome

Trivon did nothing wrong.

Yeah but Space Paratroopers didn't exist when the Trivon novels were written. So it's all well and good to talk about sacrifice, but when a bunch of heavily armored fanatics fall from the sky and start kidnapping orphans because one of them might be their messiah reborn, you'd change your tune.

I'll probably throw a few others together tomorrow. pic unrelated

I love how Frankcock has his own city.
Is it populated with his Death Clones? (and what's the fluff on those?)

Hey, the Space Paratroopers only did that twice, they're not THAT crazy.

SP players need to accept.
Zarvus isn't coming back

What do you guys think of the leaked Yeezian Shockrider? Sure they've used crazy crossbows for the longest time but what do you think about them having straight up fire arms? It almost feels too much like Warhammer Dwarves.

Lester does as he fucking pleases.

Whoa, whoa, guys did you hear? They're adding a new subfaction. But the fucking TWEEST is that they can be used by ANY faction except the Orbs.

The only hint so far we've gotten is this line from the Blog Post.

A web of corruption is being spread across the land. A corruption in the hearts of men and beasts, feeding off of the lust for power and wealth.

The black market is open for business.

I dunno, where's the furry hats their cav usually has?

With where the lore is going, I think it's a good change. Things are going to get intense when Zarvus finally returns, and having higher tech to match up with the boosts that magic is going to bring only makes sense.

Right? I'm hoping they don't take them away and the leak is just unfinished. Yeez Cav has had their Uldi hats since 1st edition

When Zarvus comes back and they actually have a March From the Stars campaign event you'll know Game's Company is out of ideas, about to go bankrupt, or both.

Its all an excuse to sell more Foundry Hold models.

£95 per Forgefather and it needs a minimum of 3 Forgelings at £35 a pop? Fuck this company.

My nigga

I'm excited.

>rivers running into a mountain range
sorry mate, that's awful

-t. /v/isitor

The best that's going to happen is a message from space "hey guys, like the work. Hope you found my mom, if you haven't, just remember: I'm named after her. Come join me, I found a nice vacation planet." or something like that.

Remember, one of the devs that created the SP left for a while to work on a space RPG, and one of the best armies is lead by a guy named... Guess what? Zarvus. And he sends a message with that effective content to a force that he hopes isn't too lost - he wanted them to find his mother.
I heard she got hired back a few months ago....

These kinds of threads are more fun the more vague they are. Please don't hurt the thread by trying to turn it into something real.

Did anyone see the latest issue of Green Genie? The Arquebusiers on page 14 look real good. I think the one in the back row with the glasses looks exactly like my friend. Like exactly.

Anyone else think the female butcher minofellow's pose is a bit too silly?

I fucking love how the Unnatural Mountains in the Unheld Lands look on the map - it's almost like the sheer sided cliffs in the fluff.

It's a work in progress ¯\_(ツ)_/¯