Would you play in a setting that takes place in the modern day, only that you play as a Animal Samurai?

Would you play in a setting that takes place in the modern day, only that you play as a Animal Samurai?

No, that's furfag shit.

So Samurai Pizza Cats tier stuff or what?

I dunno, could work for a Japan themed Mouseguard game.

Can I play in Feudal Japan and be a rabbit?

>mouseguard
>not furry
??????

Why not?

If the setting does a good job of justifying the modern day samurai.

Eh. More that I don't care so long as it is entertaining enough. Got enough problems to worry about that I don't have the fucks to give about if something may be a furry premise or not.

>modern day
>samurai
I have some news for you, user

>modern day
>samurai
>on top of that contradiction, furfaggotry
Absolutely not

No, because samurai were encouraged culturally to be massive cunts.

The world regresses economically, the UN becomes super powerful and manages the superpowers by having its own nukes and being willing to use them but still does nothing to discourage smalltime warlords which now exist everywhere. Some guy writes a book on a new bushido code that becomes massively popular among these warlords.

Also, I guess OP could justify furries by genetic modification being easily accessible and animal people being stylish like in Batman Beyond.

Not OP but I think Splicers are a great addition to any cyberpunk game. Taking the punk aesthetic and then applying it to a distinctly futuristic concept like Gene modding it's just utterly perfect.

No

If we're playing actual animals and have to accomplish goals in the human world without being seen.

>mouse guard
>furry
how much wronger could you be

Where are you getting this? They had code of honor which was pretty much opposite of being an asshole. Of course they treated peasants and their enemies like shit, but everybody treats enemies like shit and it was feudalism.

You know, that would actually be really fun. It's like being a Paladin, but GET OUT OF MY FUCKING WAY, PEASANT

Isn't that like playing any sort of noble in any setting that has noble class?

That image, why?

I've seen lot of adaptations of modern media in this art style (usually video games) but this doesn't ring any bells...
Wait is this "Samurai Cats"?

Why would I want to be an animal when I can be a human?

I'm pretty sure it's the alien cat from space dandy. Art style is ukiyo-e.

Why what? It's exactly what the filename says

That "code" was created in 1900, when Inazō Nitobe published his book about bushido,
He made it all up, in the never-ending pursuit of the rapidly modernised and westernised Japan to prove the rest of the "civilized world" their own history and cultural achievements were as good as European ones.

Thing is, the book was a fucking propaganda. Very, very, VERY effective propaganda, since you are sincerely believing bushido code was true.

Your parents were related weren't they, user?

It's ukiyo-e-like.

Most of fags trying to make "something looking Japanese" have no fucking clue what the fuck they should do. The sole fact ukiyo-e was a woodblock painting technique pretty much burns most of the poor imitations from the get-go, as they look NOTHING like that and not even trying, since as I've already established, imitators don't even know how ukiyo-e should look like.

It's a modern equivalent of japanning.

Shut up, bird shit

>Stop having fun in a way I dislike

>weeb thinks he can talk shit about furries
It's like fucking pottery. Always some dumb animeposter with no self awareness to see how much worse he is.

No. As soon as one player brings a samurai monkey to the table, someone else will make something even more disruptive.
Allowing furfaggotry means you're (indirectly) also allowing everything else. Suddenly, nothing's preventing other players from making a sephiroth knockoff, a panda, a vampire comedian and a living, sapient hacking program.

Well if we're heroes in a half shell, then yes?

>a vampire comedian and a living, sapient hacking program.
furfags and weebs should fuck off, but there's literally nothing wrong with these