Find a miniatures oriented store with tables and awesome owner/community

>Find a miniatures oriented store with tables and awesome owner/community
>One day a Magic community decides to forcefully introduce themselves to it.

It happened to my favourite LGS and those unhygienic morbidly obese cunts took every table, every day while their odour and shit elitist attitude drove people out and ended up killing the store.

Are all Magic groups like this? Stories?

Dont have a story but feels bad man.

There was a pretty chill comic book store close to where I was living and someday a guy with a fedora asked the owner if he planned to sell MTG cards. He said why not and soon after his shop was overrun with man child and he made a lot more with MTG than with comic.

So now he threw out every comic stuff for more tables and I need to go fucking far for my comics.

how about you get a life and leave people having good clean and honest fun alone

Happen at the LGS here too, OP.
Back when I still bothered with in person shit they had a Friday / Saturday open table deal. Come in, get some dice and play a D&D one-shot or something.
Then the MTG crowd arrived on those days. Jesus fucking Christ I thought the stories were just people shitposting.
The stories were not just shitposting.
Safe to say the LGS died a couple months later.

Holy shit what is this, the mid-90s when Magic came out?

That problem was everywhere, not just with cosims, also with tabletop rpg. Shit collapsed as people started jumping the ship for Magic cards.

I remember one guy got so pissed, he entered in some official draft, won a black lotus, and then tore it to pieces, grinning, flipped off the shocken Magic players, and went back to the tabletop corner.

The owner pinned the remains of the Lotus to the blackboard with a nail because, always remember an action with style.

I'm glad my FLGS owner has flat out stated he will never carry tgc of any kind. He sticks to just miniatures and painting/modeling supplies. Comfy AF store with plenty of tables to go around.

My last FLGS got big when they started doing heavy mtg. It makes money, but damn are the players loud and obnoxious.

>MTG players
>Clean

How about you sweaty fat fucks stop violating my nostrils
Kek

Yes. Awesome local bookstore was run by a boardgame fanatic and wanted to open a side LGS. At the time we had a small DnD group building up and a lot of the local boomers were catching on to the niche board games. They dabbled in MTG and offered a few draft nights. The store suddenly v got swarmed with the paragon's of the MTG stereotype that began unsettling their customer base. Even though they were making money, it wasn't worth the trouble they were and so they shut down the project to get rid of them.

Not quite the same but they ruin college campuses too
>be in college for engineering, working part time as well
>lived off campus with no car, had to take city bus to school and walk to work every day
>usually go to a cozy lounge type area to do homework while on campus
>about 2 weeks into semester the entire lounge is taken over by liberal arts neckbeards playing MTG
>busy as fuck with homework and projects and the dickheads keep coming up to me asking me if i have and deck and if i play and who my favorite MLP character is and other retarded shit
>move to the library from then on
>they took over most of that too over time
>school doesnt care about the MTG plague taking over all the open seating areas because library has a "silent study section" which is full of those shitty wooden cubicle desk things
>have to sit in the back corner of the basement of the library to get any work done in peace

4 years ago I was apart of a community like that. good thing I wised up and got out because the school banned the game in the commons because of how disruptive it was. Didn't help that the commons was the first building you see going into campus so all visitors saw our spergtastic selves as what our school looked like.

>happycancerman.png
>tfw your store started as an exclusively magic store and has moved into Veeky Forums more broadly over time
>feelsgood.png

Mine did that, it started stocking board games and retro games
Now if I can just get them to sell 40k

Fatty detected

H-h-how?

I have a really good friend who used to be really into MTG he got me into it so we would get drunk and go play tournaments at our local LGS. Good god I have never seen so many disgusting people in one place. I have forfeit games because the sperg on the the other side of the table smelled like sour garbage. Soon after doing that a few times I stopped playing and stuck to 40K.
FFS how hard is it to shower before going out in public. There was not enough booze and weed in the world to make me put up with that shit.

The only groups as cancerous as the Magic group at the LGSes in town are the AD&D elitist grogs ("You didn't play AD&D as a kid? You shouldn't be allowed to game at all!") and the Super Smash Bros Melee players. A new LGS opened up this year filling the niche of a place that only does Magic, which the Magic comlunity desperately wanted - they consider literally every other game a "braindead baby game", and "didn't want to have to breathe the same air as those plebs". One LGS I visited a couple towns over outright has a Magic community telling people who play other games that "Once they grow up and mature, they'll appreciate that Magic is the best game ever created".

>didn't want to have to breathe the same air as those plebs
>when the magic players don't want to share their Eau de ballsweat et Dorito with you

I know you're lying because it's not possible to play mtg on wargame tables

Our LGS has boards that we lay out over the Magic tables on the 2 designated miniature gaming days. Multiple signs are set up to inform Magic players that the tables are reserved for X-Wing and Warhams. We still get them showing up sometimes and being annoyed that there's no room for them.

I thought most stores avoided this by seperating games by weekday.

>he thinks it's literally impossible to play MtG with a 4ft board between the players.

The only game store around where I live is a GW that's 15 min away. I only play Warhammer so it's not that bad, as well it's literally next door to a five guys burger joint so food isn't an issue.

I feel you though, OP.

If 90% of your player base is into magic, stores would prioritize that over all else.

>closest LGS that actually has a community is a hour long drive
>the rest is a dying LGS turned comic store and a GW
>5 friends play mtg and they avoid LGS for my sake
because of the stories i retell alot of the MTG community stays away from many public places because I'm "friends" with the King cucks i feel you OP last time i saw some magic cucks i knocked over the table on "accident"

>Force of Will players tried meeting up regularly
>Chased out by Magic players
>Vanguard players tried meeting regularly
>DBZ players tried meeting regularly
>Malifaux, VS System, even just board games
>All chased out by Magic players
>Store owner doesn't care, Magic brings in a lot of income
>New store opens in the area
>Magic players hop over there to do the same thing
>Old store is close to closing down now
>Reluctantly started focusing on Yugioh
>A really relaxed, peaceful, respectful community formed
>The store has enough money now that, even though they can no longer afford this location, they'll be able to reopen in a smaller venue, and will start carrying more niche games again

Sometimes they actually do that on purpose, if the normies leave its a higher chance for them to win or they get a bigger take of the shared pot if they lose

Arthropod Massive 13? I'm more a Normal 7 player myself.

I have wondered about this. Even so I still like being a Veeky Forums chad fag and seeing their intimidation because I look like the kid who bullies them in school. Although I have had some guy that I play Warhammer with tell me I need to eat more because I am thin, mostly just small because manlet. He is fat as fuck and I just want to tell him you need to put down the 25lbs of tendies he brings in for the few hours we are playing and hit the gym, but he at least know about basic hygiene.

You sound hot.

No need to drag him through the dirt, good chance he knows his problem. Maybe offer a non-judgmental invitation, save his ass before its too late

>tfw you're part of the Uni's Tabletop Games Society
>Full of MTG players
>They have their own days and events so it doesn't fuck with Roleplay and Board Games.
>Feels good mayne

Also britbongs so not as horrifically spurgy

Comics aren't good money. Capitalism destroyed your favorite shop, user.
Are you gonna lie there and take it, or will you stand up and fight?

;)
Yeah I make subtle invitations to go to the gym with me in the morning, but it wont happen.

>complaining about neck beards on an anonymous image board created so that weabs could shitpost about asuka

I'd look in a mirror user

>Yugioh saved the business
Negroids confirmed for best nerds

It's not like this discussion is taking place in the MTG general thread.

and then the whole store started clapping.

How does that work? Better schools in the UK?

That magic player was Albert Einstein

>Are all Magic groups like this? Stories?
I play miniature wargames as well as MtG. Any community is going to have it's fare share of smelly elitist cocksuckers.

>Stupid MtG players. Fetchland costs 75$! I could buy a whole starter kit for that much. Have fun playing your children's card game nerds.

>Stupid 40K players. Tactical Squad costs 40$! I could buy a Noble Hierarchic for that much. Have fun playing with your toy soldiers nerds.

The /co/ world has kind of been in a nosedive for a while now though.

Idk, decent uni? MtG isn't popular here so I'd imagine most people pick it up and get into the community a bit later so they've learned some level of social skills before being ruined.

There are still the spurges, normally one or two in every roleplay game I run, but they're easy to deal with as long as you keep them focused on the game.

I don't fucking know but in mainland Europe I never encounter fat spergs that never shower in LGS's either.
Maybe we do a good job of forcing our spergs to shower?

The only times you notice BO is if it's summer and there's like 50 people in the play area.

I've never encountered the stereotypical shit smelling LGS either, and I've spent my life on the US west coast. Seriously where do you people live where there are just hoards of these people in any remotely nerdy store or event?

>tfw no Veeky Forums bro to help me stop being a manlet and get my life on track

you can only become more of a manlet if you go down the Veeky Forums hole

TFW no Veeky Forums bro to cuddle with.

Uwindsor?

>I play legacy all the time and do sealed drafts
>I'm a tall, reasonably Veeky Forums guy with a normal hair cut, clean clothes, and generally hygienic
>whenever I play with a new group, they always assume I'm brand new and have no idea what I'm talking about
>a few people started doing that unwashed hambeast sour jizz and ballsac smell thing with a bunch of anime sleeves
>it got so bad that I started to misplay after the 4th neckbeard in a row pulled the same schtick
>now I just invite my sexy latin girlfriend over to bring me snacks in a low cut top
Honestly, best decision I've ever made. She just comes up when I'm playing, puts her cleavage on my shoulder, and hands me a drink of water or whatever, then I get to watch the sweaty smelly douche squirm.

>Meeting buddy I hadn't seen since I graduated
>He's in town for a few days before leaving the country for a semester of study aboard
>We've been brainstorming ideas for a homebrew setting, decide to meet up at my new LGS to iron out the mechanics of it
>When he arrives he's filled with child like wonder at how big and clean the place is compared to our old college town LGS
>Chat and hang out for a bit before sitting down and toying with new monster and class ideas
>Most of the tables are marked off for Friday night Magic, but we have a few hours until it starts so we figure we're good
>About 45 minutes later a herd of fat elder neck beards waddle up to our table
>They sit down talking about their deck builds or some shit
>Buddy asks if they need us to move
>They don't acknowledge our existence at all and start rolling out their mats and continue talking amongst themselves
>Awkwardly gather our things and move to another table
The store's pretty huge so there where about a dozen other free tables, and we still had a solid hour until Magic night started up. Those guys where in their 40s too. I don't know how they've lived so long with such autism

Unfortunately it wont unmanlet you, but at least you can be strong good looking manlet.

Correction, you become more aware of it.

I know this feel it sucks, no twink QT3.14s or girls to game and cuddle with.

HAHAHA you are doing God's work sir.

slav alert

>When your Uni's table top club calls itself a "Society"

Sometines Magic players show up during our LGS's Warhammer days. The owner keeps a table off in the corner for them. They sometimes shittalk us for being "manchildren who play with toy soldiers", but they look visibly uncomfortable whenever any of our wives show up.

I've encountered them as a significant minority in the cities I've loved in across Central and East Texas, but never the majority at any store or event.
Scrawny dorks telling shitty jokes are way more common here.

You sure an illness can't be cured?

In my LGS the two groups never interact outside the few players that do both(there are like 2) most don't have an opinion on the other and the people working there are a mix of both players so it's a good community. Except for the X-wing players who like to shit talk the 40k players for spending too much money but you can't really stop that.

>prepainted
>smugloli.jpg
But aside from either liking or disliking painting your dudes, what's the big difference between buying plastic soldiers and plastic spaceships to play a game? Really no reason to shittalk someone.

They likely got kicked out of another card store nearby

Why are MtG players so... Disturbing?
Failing at basic hygiene and social tact

The X-Wing and 40K players here get along, likely mostly because there are only two X-Wing players, and one of them also plays 40K.

Xwing also has ffg dice(tm) and is Star Wars

Well, fantasy soap opera vs grimdark fantasy soap opera.
I mean sure, SW is far more popular, but that doesn't make playing with toysoldiers any less nerdy.

That's not humans____ you massive homo

it's like the opposite at my LGS.

most of the MTG guys are pretty good guys (but most of the groups outside of EDH are somewhat autistic)

but the miniature & wargaming guys were so toxic they not only made the yugioh guys (who have a reputation for being animals) look civil but the owner inevitably banned those guys from playing there.

>LGS is a small hole-in-the-wall that's mostly MTG and other card games, but it's too small for any big tabletop games (The place used to be a coffee shop and there's a GW store less than an hour away)
>Only show up for Pre-release events, draft nights, and EDH nights because they usually have the best crowds compared to Standard nights, and Modern sucks ass
>Rarely ever see hambeasts there asides from the occasional fedora lord on EDH night because they go to the other LGS in that town that's got more supplies and actually sells singles.
>Play kitchen casual Magic with friends with whatever we have lying around

Shit's comfy my dudes

>being cucked by sweaty neckbeards throwing colored pieces of cardboard at each other.
Maybe you do deserve to lose your LGS.

>Scrawny dorks telling shitty jokes
that is the standard MTG audience here too, though some are pudgy or Veeky Forums but very awkward

Every club at the uni is called a society

Flim Soc
Drama Soc
Fetish Soc
Battle Reenactment Soc
so on

Yeah, but they don't really smell out of the ordinary here. They just act dumb.