/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness Genera

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/many-worlds-one-path-monday-meeting-notes/
>Discussion:
Pick something you hate about a splat (not necessarily your least favorite), and propose a fix, or simply find your favorite thing in your least favorite gameline.
>5th edition cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da

Time for a repost.

Okay, so now the question is...how would Ruin exploit this to push her way of preventing people from seeing their Mystical Destiny when it's right in front of them.

Her thing is making people sceptical of the opportunities presented by the the following the light of the Watchtowers so they never think they could be anything greater than what they are now.

First for Changeling Supremacy

Chances are? Murder. Encourage the Atariya to develop the destiny-eating merit, that sort of thing.
Purified being 'minor'. Let them learn influences, unlock their numina progression, give them an 'endgame' by bolting on some sort of titles that lets them build influences north of six.

Beast lessons, just take 'em out. I'm only the first to reply with this, everyone thinks it.

i miss atamajakki

i miss aspel

I pick Mage supremacy. Fix it by removing Creative Thaumaturgy. Mages now have a more linear casting system, as they should have always had.

No more sandbox magic systems.

They're not doing much hese days.

Just go visit your grandma
Just take a huge shit

>Murder. Encourage the Atariya to develop the destiny-eating merit, that sort of thing.
I like it, clearly they would get an upgrade that turns said merit from a pair of secateurs...into a wood chipper.

Maybe with some elements of choking vines, tendrils of the Ataryas own fate that reach out and rip away or constrict the the possibilities of Awakening in the masses and, in doing so grow and constrict things further afield.

How would you fix Mage's problem of not actually being a horror game?

Yeah let's just remove the thing that has defined Mage since it first came out, and Ars Magica which came before it.

I would have dropped Hungers myself, because they aren't an Organisation Axis, no matter what anyone says.

By removing it from CofD altogether. Let the magefags keep their superhero themes as a standalone setting.

It's anyone they touch turns all failures into dramatic failures for a day. And tells them. That's plenty damn powerful. A pack of Ruin cultist Atariya would be given any possible training they could want in it and Damn Lucky, the prerequisite, then told to fuck off. Every dramatic failure fated to occur strengthens the Exarch. No need for range, not at all.

How about fuck you, creative thaum is fun and it isn't strictly linear but it is strictly bound by what each practice can do. Idiot players who can't understand that shielding can't cause nuclear explosions aren't the fault of anyone but themselves and probably their mother's drinking.

Ayyyy lmao

But yeah I love mage but at best it is spooky and dramatic, no real horror without a good GM and players. Hard to argue that one.

I wish they had left Hunter alone, I'd rather not even get a 2e if it's going to completely gut all the things that was good about it to appease their rancid SJW fanbase.

More Left-Handed Legacies, more Abyssal temptation

New SJW Hunter organizations will be good for a larf at least.

How about I compel your heart to stop? Butt hurt changeling fag

Isn't that the Plain?

>Someone is arguing in favor of Mage creative thaum
>He must be a butthurt changeling fag! Its the only thing that makes sense

Would it be fair to model 'hot piranha solution' as aggravated damage?

It always amazes how quickly these threads can go to shit. Just one post is enough.

We lose the Ashwood Abbey and get a new all-black compact of descendants of royal bloodlines, from when WE WUZ KANGS!

The Jagged Crescent now sells harmless nootropics that are oppressively banned by the racist authorities because they unlock the mystic power of melanin

Fucking rad, Kang is amazing and I hope we get him in MCU Phase 4 honestly.

Fuck you. I wouldn't have a changeling FAG tell me I can't shield myself from Gravity and fly away

No but with enough potency you can shield yourself from Gravity and enter a black hole unharmed.

So I'm going to talk about fan splats here, so I'll spoil it so nobody who literally gives no shits doesn't have to read it:

If you were writing a Mortal Remains chapter for Hunter based around hunting Princesses from Princess: The Hopeful what key themes would you focus on for *why* hunter compacts and conspiracies might be going after them? The methods seem pretty sane to me: ID their normal lives, then attack them in a place of your choosing to force them to not risk exposure.

GM fiat. But if you wanted to walk into a black hole I'd require more than just a Gravity shielding spell.

OH Well I guess now you're going to tell me I can't GO kinetic Shield and be Immune From Attacks? UH? Changeling Fag?

>Implying Yakub, the first Kang wasn't an Atlantean Mage.
>Implying the supernatural powers of melanin aren't Awakened Magic
Hunterfags get out.

Why so they can kill him off in the same movie they introduced him?

Well yes you'd also need a ton of other shit, but if you can cast at potency 10 I think that is about as tough as the universe can allow.

You seem a bit mad. Would pumpkins help?

Or so he can be Thanos, sitting on his chair and not doing shit for ten films. Or maybe they'll find some way to make him a recurring Loki like figure but also one who is a credible threat after the first film.

Why? Befriend them, take them on the worst of the worst hunts. Slap them with the reality of the World of darkness and be the cold heart sempai. and watch them break down and then off themselves when they can't take it anymore

IFCUKING LOVE PUMPKIN PIES Changeling Fag. I Love stabbing them and cooking their insides, while carving a smile on their faces

I wish everything didn't have to be Mageshit.

Can Wraith by run without players as shadowguides for other players?

Re-posting question because last time peeps were dicks:
How could a Vampire weather a natural disaster in place? For example, a Vampire's plans to get out of town before a hurricane landfall fails utterly.

>and watch them break down and then off themselves when they can't take it anymore

We have a princess in my mixed game and he's in deep denial about how bad his friends are and is probably slowly going to slip down the Twilight paths and give into his anger or something. Its pretty fun

It depends on the vampire and the disaster.

mages is privilege and kangz can't be privilege

>Flooding
No need to breath so this one isn't a problem
>Tornado
Impact damage

Hidey Hole in a safe place. Still worth wild to get out of town if you're a an unlucky fuck. I'd hide in the wheel well of a bus or something then drop when you're far enough away.

Hide in an abandoned building, kill stragglers for as much blood as you can hold or feed sparingly among people in shelters. Maybe get ahold of a blood donation truck.

>anger
That could be party burner. Storms Jyhad the darkness. They are Angery at the World for the hardness it's become. Extremist to the core. Might attack the lesser evil, read your party, on site.

Mirrors - madness could work with the denial angle

Tears - Keep mines safe. This one works if he's all about going off on people attack his friends and famly. They even make the most compromises to keep themselves safe. They work great for undercover operations

Is protean a clan discipline? Can't you just use 'unmarked grave' to ride out most disasters?

Yes, it's the Gangrel clan discipline.

What are most interesting Keepers you've come up with for your Chronicles? I am asking the completely original stuff as opposed to premade stuff?

I unfailingly read this in his voice.

Ah right. I always forget which disciplines are and aren't clan.

A hivemind swarm of glittery ticks that infest animals in a fetid forest, it drives them to eat and fornicate or go kidnap others to keep providing it blood to feast on.

That's one way to summarize True Fae.

STing a long term DtD chronicle. All four characters are relatively strong at the moment. One of them decided that their Hell is going to be craved out past the Hedge, in the Arcadia. Probably due to them messing with some Changelings.

I have them barter for some Goblins so far. But is it even possible for Demons to claim domain in Arcadia? Should I let them? I kinda like the idea of them warring with the Gentry. Some Story based guerrilla warfare, fucking up others realities.

It's not that original but I had a lot of fun with the 'fairy godmother'. My character was a teenage runaway and his time in arcadia was actually wonderful except his keeper was obsessive and was torturing and destroying others for his comfort. So he fled back to the real world and was on the run from his keeper because as long as she was trying to 'rescue' him she wouldn't be hurting others.

Freehold on the coast is exploring a large underground lake in the Hedge. It has nonstandard Hedge navigation where you have to aim for lights on the lake's islands to reach them. They maintain a light back at the entrance and if it goes out they'll be lost on the water. Some islands are locations in the Hedge; others are locations in Arcadia. Some of the area's changelings escaped from island Keepers.

The changeling who maintains the exit light comes up with a plan to put a disco ball of stadium floodlights up on the cavern roof, enhanced with Contracts and Pledges and Hedgecrafting to provide twilight visibility throughout the cavern. Flying Changelings sink mounts into the stone surface with power tools. The light assembly takes months to put together and bless properly. Everyone in the freehold lives in expectation of a future when harvesting goblin fruits from the safer islands isn't too dangerous. When the time comes, the lights are loaded on a special raft, sailed out into the cavern, and hoisted up to the top.

When the lights are activated, they're more effective than expected. The cavern seems sunlit. The changeling tinkerer undergoes a transformation, becoming a sun-god Keeper. He begs, then demands that the freehold come with him. They fight him off with cold iron and escape.

Now their best-known Hedge region has entirely new dangers, not least of which is a Keeper who knew them as equals.

If the GM can construct Infrastructure in the Hedge, then Demons can as well, or subvert existing infrastructure to their needs.

Are these real episodes of SVU? I can't tell anymore.

So I thought. I had them face a tiny stronghold in the Hedge. Mostly to save myself some time while I plan their Arcadia adventures.

Blood-bind / ghoulify couple mortals and dig in with them.

What how? I don't even play leech the requiem and I know the clan disciplines by heart. In fact I'll rank them from best to worst
>Protean
>Majesty
>Nightmare
>Dominate
>Auspex

Dominate and Auspex low? Nigga you trippin, it's not all white room fights

Nightmare goes over Dominate? I mean, I like Nightmare's style, don't get me wrong, but it seems like merely spooking and misleading people would have less utility than outright mind-controlling them.

Even the Nosferatu get more use out of Obfuscate than Nightmare. Nightmare is the coolest Discipline, but it's far from the best.

So what are some creative uses for Vicissitude? Anyone have any interesting ideas that could be done with it?

Dominate is a worse majesty

Disfigure yourself to 0 App, pose as Nosferatu.

Why would you want to pretend to be a clan you have 0 disciplines in common with?

Animalism?

Make all your fingers penises and stick them in your multiple vaginas.

That is only old clan who trades Vicissitude for animism

What about removing all the unneeded organs and putting armor plates to keep your vital bits safe.

Is there an more Edgelord Discipline than Vicissitude?

Old Clan "trades" Vic for Dom.
Tzim: Ani Aus Vic
Nos: Ani Obf Pot

Serpentis?

Temporis [teleports behind you]

stop being a edgelord and just wear normal armor like everybody else.

technically though with vis you can move your heart to somewhere else and not have to worry about getting staked again, if you are brave enough, since failing that roll and you will end yourself.

Necromancy

>Old Clan Upgrades Vic to Dom
ftfy

>hate about a splat
The blogger aspect of the Plain
>fix
Remove the blogger aspect entirely, heavily emphasise the religious/Amish bits.

Can you create more mass with it? Or can you add more?
For instance could you take some bones and add them to a new creature, or alter bone density and things of nature.

Vampire discussions.

More annoying than Mage wank.

Anyone got the M20 Art book pdf? I need inspiration for my game.

Pick up Klondun or however it is spelled, make a Vozhd that is a massive venus fly trap that squeezes blood out of its victims that you can take from it later.

>what is a vozhd

Snakes are at least thematic. It's more protean ripoff than anything else
Ding ding ding. At the high levels yes, but you have to build into it. Vic is edgelord from the get go.
More goth than edgelord, but the clan is definitely edgelords material

>For instance could you take some bones and add them to a new creature,
That's how Vhozd / War Ghoul are made.

You can use vis to make vozhd too, esp in modern day when Kolduns arnt really that common.

Could you to it to yourself though? Like let's say you are a midget, normally you are limited in how much height you can add, but is it possible to add more raw materials to work with so you can make yourself average? Also Vozhd require sorcery still right?

How would I make blood magic more on par with true magick?

I don't like the idea of vampire sorcerers being inferior to human wizards.

Yes.
Vozhd were made before kolduns came on the scene, it was then retconned that koldunic sorcery actually made vozhd originally when dark ages came out but that eventually they learned how to make them without it.

Make them get plot device earlier.

2/5 bait. but in this general someone will take I'm sure

You just make your bones longer.

What do you mean by that?

I swear on my life I'm not baiting.

Wouldn't that make them more brittle though?