What's the most insufferable NPC you've ever created?

What's the most insufferable NPC you've ever created?

Other urls found in this thread:

rule34hentai.net/post/view/204161
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kate was best girl

honestly felt bad for Nathan. Ever since i dropped the controller and heard him apologising for shooting her in the beginning"

A copper dragon who liked to play with information and had set herself up as the font of wisdom for a tribal nation. She ended up being more hated than the actual intended main villain.

Well, stolen.

You posted her OP

My players are bad at Dark heresy, so I made an underhive gang leader called the Rat King. To be honest, while he may be nasally voiced to be annoying, most of what happened is just my players blaming their bad mistakes (one of which was blindly trusting a man who put you up at gunpoint to deliver a package.) on him. Namely a daemonic incursion.

Spluggo. He's some weird gnome vendor who just randomly appears in the caves and dungeons and anywhere a merchant shouldn't be.

He'll always greet the party as if he's never met them (despite having met them plenty of times now) and offer for them to place an item into his "Amazing Spectacular Arcane Conversion Machine" which he says will "take your unwanted magical items and transform them into some new wonder". No matter what, if the players give him an item to put in his machine, it'll spit out something mundane like rope or lantern oil or a bedroll. Sploggo will then go on and on about how lucky the players are, describing their mundane item as if it were magical. "Ah what luck! You've got a lantern of darkvision! When you light it and supply it some oil, it will light up your way so that you're not stumbling around in the dark! How lucky!"

The players still keep feeding him magic items though so i guess they do like him to some extent (or they think that if they give him enough shit, something amazing will happen. It won't.)

I made an NPC so insufferable that the party beat her with a crowbar, cut over her stomach and poured literal salt into her wounds, raped her violently, put a toilet plunger over her ears to try to pop her eardrums, and did other sadistic torture shit to her until she finally committed suicide by bashing her head against the floor of her cell. I don't even know what she did that was so bad, she ripped them off of a small amount of money but the idea was that she was doing it because she needed money which was part of the adventure hook.

What happened?

That sounds more like your players are just edgelords.

A god of madness that was the voice of blibbering nonsense in their heads after they ate some cursed fruit. My players hated him so much that they hunted down every cult dedicated to him in the setting and slaughtered them just to get an audience to tell him to fuck off.

I once had an NPC who would show up from time to time to offer the party advice, but only just enough advice to push ahead on the plot. One of the players in my group was convinced that the NPC was incredibly evil because he seemed to know a lot about what was going on, but only gave the group a breadcrumb from time to time. The player would just seethe, and eventually his character scared the NPC away with threats.

I didn't create her, but I suffered by her.
The DM's pet NPC, a teenage cloud giant or some shit. When I say she was obnoxious, I didn't mean she was like an angsty or peppy tween who happened to be 40 feet tall, I just despised her, but the rest of the party loved her.
Fuck her.

Kate a SLUT

>TEE HEE HEE!
>MACARONI MACARONI!
>TEE HEE HEE!
>MACARONI MACARONI!

I like this gnome. Turn my useless ring of learn-how-to-deal-with-people into some rope so I can hang myself. Quality

I'm stealing this.

>Tee Hee Macaroni

Did someone save the post about this guy?

Why do you play with these people?

Why would anyone play with edgelords like this?

This is what happens when you let Virtual Optim into your group.

Not sure if this is the full copypasta,but I saved this during the original shitpost.

George Habbit, the Sheriff of Innsmouth.

This was in the Escape From Innsmouth adventure for Call of Cthulhu.
He is always one step ahead of the investigators in the town, always smugly blocking there investigation with an extremely smug attitude.
My players still to this day talk about how much they loved to hate Sheriff Habbit.
I always did this really grungy voice for his dialogue.

I imagine everyone in your group to be a slight reskin of this.

Das it mane!

I played this one game where the DM had a ghost follow us around for about a week in-game, cursing us for killing him. He was originally a low-level necromancer we killed in his little cave/research lab as just an introductory quest. Now, we were all martials because we were doing this online and didn't talk to each other about what characters we rolled up. There were two fighters including me, a rogue and a ranger. We had absolutely NOTHING to make this ghost fuck off, and our DM was basically using him as a way to kind of passive-aggressive annoy one of us into rerolling to deal with him. We were stubborn cunts though, so we weren't having that shit.

So anyway, this ghost just followed us around and screamed obscenities at us, vowing to get revenge by never letting us sleep and generally fucking the rogue's day. He would tail the rogue and make a racket every time he tried to sneak. So this continued for about a week in-game til we finally got back to civilization, where I led the group to the town hall, ripped a silver candle holder out of the wall and chased the fucking ghost around with it til I managed to get a hit in and got rid of the fucking thing. The game ended about a month later due to real life shit keeping us all from being online at the same time, but I kept that damned candle holder on me at all times.

By Azura, by Azura

I'm stealing this too, though I'm pretty sure my players will just kill him the first time it happens.

A transexual kender who fought for otyugh rights in the same sufferable manner as Hermione did with SPEW.

I apologize. I never should have played god.

?

See

good trippple

Tali the unsteady. She was a crazy monk searching for the MYSTIC TREE, a vague concept she never fade scribed all that well. She would also randomly break into shouting when talking to the party, and resist all efforts to get her to talk in a normal voice. I wrote her in as a one time joke character that I expected the party to murder, and when they didn't, I kept having her run into them, wondering how far I could push it.

I created a ship full of patchwork horrors lead by the woman that created them, another patch work horror of a woman.The party ended getting one of her grunts as an ally which basically was a nude woman with various skin tones and was able to crawl up walls, was quad jointed and only spoke in making horrifying noises...

It also had a habit of getting really close to NPC's faces before speaking, like leaning in slowly, silently and, awkwardly... Also the ship these thing came from was a living ship made from human flesh called "The Skinner Schooner" With a fucking mouth bow

You included Chloe Price in a game?

So what's it like running a game for kids

The lady

She got on one of the party strangling her game one and from that game on she went out of their way to be the main villein. She even killed the PCs friends in an attempt to get him to strangle her again.

A mockery of my own obsession with story. He's this collector of tales that thinks of himself as an intrepid reporter when he's really a nosy asshole selling penny dreadfuls of exaggerated shit he's heard secondhand through an extensive network of reporters.
Like, this asshole went on a thousand-plus word rant when a PC asked about recent events elsewhere in the campaign world. If I put it all here, it would fill about three and a half posts.

pretty much leeroy jenkins: halfling edition and my group loved him

I misread this as
>a bunch of leeroy jenkins; halfing edition
Like several halflings inside one suit of armor.

Two NPCs actually who were there just to see at which point the players would break and either kill them or find a way to leave by a way side (It had a reason in game, but that's another story).

They were Sandy Ravage and Flic Rair who were incessantly challenging everything to a "Old School Wrassling Match" and never went with the party's plans for approach and flexed through every situation and Sandy even had necromantic tendencies of sawing a dead enemy's shin bone, usually mid battle when his saw was ready. In the end they only killed Flic accidentally with an oil barrel and a faulty catapult.

Chloe is even more cringe in the new episodes. IDK if I can make it through three episodes of her backtalk mechanic

>I made an NPC so insufferable that the party beat her with a crowbar
Probably should've stopped it there, desu.
Though on my end I'm not sure why you thought your players would like/be interested in helping someone that stole from them. They have no reason to care about her and the quickest way to piss off a murderhobo is to steal their loot or gold.

this

a) this didn't happen
b) i'm almost certain you were masturbating while you wrote this

For an evil campaign I ran, the party followed orders from an evil wizard, who worked under/with a massive evil overlord. Friend and I were co-running the game, and together decided that we'd flip a coin whenever the party asked him a question to see whether he'd answer with the truth or a lie. He was batshit and senile, and by the end the party didn't want to get information from him.

What new episodes? I killed that cunt to save the town

>Be newbie to larp
>Friends promise this LARP isn't THAT bad and like a fool, I agree to go
>First fucking NPC shift, get asked to play as a priest. Decide to pair the most paladiny religion with the most obnoxious 'strain' in the game
>Brother Studly is born
>Catchphrase is 'Kick Darkness in the Dick' because I'm basically just an edgy paladin
>EVERYBODY LOVES THIS FUCKING GUY

This is my legacy now. No one remembers my actual name, just this dumb fucking npc I played twice last fucking year.

An autistic parot man who effectively spoke in all caps, didnt expect the players to keep him around as long as they did

The orgasming giant spider. Every time we hit it, the DM made loud orgasm noises.

An annoying governor's son. Crew ran into a human survivor on a space e hulk and I didn't know what to make him, so I just went with a random voice which happened to be very grating. Decided to base the character off of that.

He later returned as a badass general after military school, still with the annoying g voice so the players would remember him.

Civilize your murder Hobos.

>tfw your players love all your NPCs and want to hang out with them
>even the villains

Not me, but in our campaign, my PC's rival was skin-crawlingly unpleasant. The DM actually asked if it was okay with me before the subplot was set up.

See, my PC's family had an ancestral heirloom, Ascalon. It was a sword that has an incredible cutting edge when unsheathed, and makes you nearly invulnerable when sheathed. My PC's brother was initially slated to inherit the blade - he was an incredible but amoral swordsman - but his father decided to pass it to my PC, his daughter, instead. Her brother took the revelation fairly well, then he left the family estate in the dead of the night and vanished.

The thing is, my PC had to work hard to attune to the blade, which generally resisted her. Ultimately, she managed to unlock the weapon's primary powers with great effort. During the campaign, the PCs all ended up fighting their evil opposites, and her evil opposite was her brother.

As it turns out, her brother had basically fallen in with the conspiracy to get his inheritance back. He'd also been provided with a demon sword that made him more resilient and had a fearsome cutting edge (so he had both powers, but neither was as good as the dedicated one) and had made it his life's goal to torment his sister and his family.

(Continued)

See, his argument was "The family legacy is whatever I want it to be. I'm the real successor, and I'll burn it all down if I please. But first I want what's rightfully mine."

The only person he was actually afraid of was his father, and now that Dad had passed away from illness, he was pretty sure no-one could gainsay him. So in tandem with the other conspirators, he started using his intimate knowledge of the kingdom to fuck with them as hard as possible.

Ultimately, both parties clashed in a series of one-on-one duels, and my PC took on her brother. Thanks to some spectacularly shitty rolls (we rolled in the open) he beat her handily and with rather anticlimatic ease.

To add insult to injury, when he pulled Ascalon out of my PC's hands, it instantly attuned to him. He gained both super-armor AND the super-weapon. And so he went:

> "You know, sister, you grew up to be quite a beautiful woman. It's too bad I can't stay."

So obviously, she shouted at him - "Why? How come it accepts YOU?"

So with the poise of a complete asshole, he said "It's because I'm father's first-born son. And you're only a daughter."

Then he promptly stabbed my PC in the heart, killing her with her own weapon. He tossed aside his old sword, sheathed his new one, then walked off whistling.

I made a kender NPC and played him flawlessly. The whole party kept trying to kill him or leave him behind. The best part was when he got captured 'borrowing' some gold from the local lord. He's probably still in that dungeon.

It has the audacity to call itself that

Holy shit, that fucking sucks.
I sort of have to appreciate the sucky 'realism' of it all, though.

That's either the worst thing ever if you weren't able to be revived, or the best thing ever if you were

I have never rolled as badly as I did that night. It was barely even a fight. My PC was crippled early on when he slashed her in the leg, and then he basically hacked her arm off. The only damage she did to him were a few lucky revolver shots. Basically it was over once my PC couldn't move - She sheathed the blade immediately, but gaining armor doesn't stop you from bleeding out and it didn't heal her injuries.

So basically she was a sitting duck right after that, and he had all the time in world to literally take her apart.

Esteban the mind-flayer drug lord in a game of D20 Modern is probably close to the top.

No revivals, it was an ORE game.

If you hated this bitch then this might make you feel better:

rule34hentai.net/post/view/204161