Galaxy's riskiest click edition

Last Thread >Death Guard stuff from White Dwarf
imgur.com/a/90wRO

>Konor Campaign, one planet left
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/08/31/breaking-news-studio-preview-from-the-nova-open/
games-workshop.com/en-US/Dark-Angels-Deathwing-Terminator-Squad
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

farsight first

Powerfists 2nd

Yessss my pic got chosen.

Anyone know if Morty is gonna get the command point thing like his brother Gulliman? Friend and I wanna field both but I'd feel kinda scummy if i got extra shit just for being a ULTRAMARINE.

we are about a week away from getting lite leaks and about 2 from youtube screen grabs

How does this look for a 2k list? Storm cannon or grav bombard for the leviathan since they cost the same?

Space Wolves 1997/2000 Vanguard/SpearHead Detachments

++Vanguard - 868pts++
HQ - 140pts
Arjac Rockfist

Elite - 728pts
Dreadnought: Assault Cannon, Great wolf claw w/ storm bolter
Dreadnought: Assault Cannon, DCCW w/ storm bolter
Relic Deredeo Dreadnought: Autocannons, Aiolos, Twin HB
Wolf Guard Terminators x5: x3 TH/SS, x2 Twin Wolf Claw

++Spearhead - 1129pts++
HQ - 97pts
Wolf Priest: Plasma pistol

Troops - 140pts
x7 Grey Hunters: Plasma gun, Wolf guard pack leader w/ combi plasma

Dedicated Transport: 72pts
Rhino

Heavy Support - 820pts
Long Fangs: x2 las, x2 missile
Land Raider Crusader: Multi-melta
Relic Leviathan Dreadnought: Grav Bombard, siege claw w/ melta

made a mistake one of the terminators should have a storm bolter/frost axe not TH/SS

5 codexes left before christmas boys. Who are we thinking is gonna get lucky and get one, share your picks/hopes. Mypicks
IG
Tau
Tsons
tyranids
some marine chapter

It's already been announced that Nids, Craftworld Eldar, and IG are coming by November.

Really? Care to share link my man?

Alright, I need opinions. Which of the following armies should I start building?

>Suit spam Tau, primary focus on Stealth Suits
>Vaporwave Slaanesh/Tzeentch
>Imperial elites flavored as Ordo Hydra agents (Deathwatch/Inquisition/Custodes/Ministorum)

warhammer-community.com/2017/08/31/breaking-news-studio-preview-from-the-nova-open/
>We also heard what the next three codexes will be following the release of Death Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus in September. Before the end of November, xenos fans will be pleased to see some of the galaxy’s alien races get their codexes for the new edition with Codex: Craftworlds and Codex: Tyranids, while Codex: Astra Militarum lets fans of the Imperium’s vast human armies create thematic armies from their favourite Regiment.

literally on the catalog

Vapourwave Slaanesh or Suit Spam Tau (As long as it isn't Commander)

>5
There are two unknown. The confirmed ones so far are:
SM
CSM
GK
DG
AdMech
Eldar
Tyranids
Guard

So two unknown ones in December. Probably with no model releases. I'd guess:
Blood Angels
Tau

Hopefully codex tau will make suit spam tau a little more viable while nerfing commanders

of course its going to be commander spam, regular suits are a fucking garbage fire.

Cheers lads. Cant believe i missed that, as a nids player im fucking stoked

I'd probably run a Commander as my HQ; it's the only Tau HQ the LGS has in stock. Someone bought up all the Ethereals, but there are two or three Commanders in stock.

Vaporwave Ultramarines.

Pachow!

Do you not have a Tau SC box?

>Celestine army with Legion of the Damned and Sisters
>Gulliman with Ultramarines and Custodes

What would lead to a more enjoyable game for both sides guys?

>Probably with no model releases
Yeah, what kind of idiot company would release new products in december?

Space Wolves and Thousand Sons. TS will get new models, SW won't.

New Deathwatch codex when? Primaris flyer when?

I want Primaris Deathwatch (pic-related, not my model), and the Repulsor is too slow.

They might have one still. Someone else picked up at least one of the SC Tau there, as well as all of the Pathfinders.

Tempting.

tau

>They might have one still. Someone else picked up at least one of the SC Tau there, as well as all of the Pathfinders.

Box is too good a deal to not have

Tau have rumours of new models, so who knows

Nice model, is it yours?

Alright. I assume there's plenty of room for trying a vaporwave or outrun aesthetic with the Tau? The sleek suit designs seem to indicate so.

She's pretty cute

Best place to buy recasts? 35 bucks for a Primaris Chaplain is way too much to be reasonable

>Tau have rumours of new models, so who knows
Really? Got a link or at least a general source?

It is Lady Atia.
Mostly reliable

I want to get some FemCommisars but I haven't found models I like yet.

It'll probably work

Reddit

Alright. I've spent a lot on models recently, but in a month or two, I'll join the fight for the Greater Good.

For the guy who asked last thread.
The cones are green stuff shaped onto small bits of plastic pipe. I shaped three cones (one I'll use on something else later) onto the pipe, then cut the piping a few days later when they were fully dry.

Tell me about this Primaris stuff. I abandoned GW after the end times but i'm feeling the urge to come back to 40k. Are the Primaris really just space marines but better? if so that's kinda dumb.

Have you checked out Wargames Exclusive? They have decent or two Femcommissars, also in lewd.

I meant to post the picture again to help user find the post, my bad.

They're literally just marines created with a slightly different, more stable, and easier to produce method.

Marines with some extra organs and a new mark of armor. Old marines can also go through a conversion into Primaris.

>Old marines can also go through a conversion into Primaris.
Have we had confirmation of this yet?

was In the faq right as they introduced primaris marines.

Is it possible to use regular crisis suits as commanders?

Sure, if people let you of course

Not quite. It came from the Warhammertv livestream about Primaris.

Sure I guess as long as your opponent agrees and it isnt confusing to anyone.

How do you model Deathwatch Terminators? Regular Terminators with the Deathwatch upgrade pack? Also, how many frag cannons does the upgrade pack or killteam box include?

>How do you model Deathwatch Terminators?
??
games-workshop.com/en-US/Dark-Angels-Deathwing-Terminator-Squad

>no model releases
SoB and Orks confirmed
So they can keep selling infantry and scout vehicles older than the playerbase.

I don't expect either of those books without some models. So I think they'll be well into 2018.

Orks Necrons and Deldar are 2018
SoBs probably won't get anything aside from a standalone Celestine

Let me just count.

1 frag cannon, 2 shotguns, 2 heavy rthunder hamers, 4 stalker bolters, 1 Infernus bolter, one xenoophase blade, 1 combi bolter (all options), 5 power swords, 2 power mauls, 2 storm shields, and 5 bolters.

From what i can tell.

>Orks Necrons and Deldar are 2018
Considering greenskins and 'crons are still managing to hold their own despite having only the Indexes to use, I can kinda understand why those 2 factions have to wait until 2018 for a codex (doesn't make it any less annoying for Orkfags though).

Looks like I'll have to improve my weapon recasting. Something tells me the blocky bits of the Imperium will be easier to mold blue stuff for than Harlequin parts.

Same with DEldar. Even without the Ynnari, Venoms and Raiders are both brutal.

I'm playing an ad mech army and from time to time I use a vindicare or a culexus assassin. I recently bought an eversor, In what situation should I use the eversor?

Trying to make fun run at people list, although i'm two points short to give Ahriman his Disc.

R8.

Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons, 1997pts, 5CP

>Battalion Detachment - 298pts, 3CP
>The Changeling - 100pts
>Herald of Tzeentch - 78pts
>10x Brimstone Horrors - 30pts

>Vanguard Detachment -1284pts, 1CP
>Ahriman - 131pts
>5x Scarab Occult Terminators /w Soulreaper Cannon and Hellfyre Missilerack - 261pts
>5x Scarab Occult Terminators /w Soulreaper Cannon and Hellfyre Missilerack - 261pts
>Helldrake /w Baleflamer - 185
>Helldrake /w Baleflamer - 185

>Superheavy Auxiliary Detachment - 415pts, 1CP
>Magnus The Red 415pts

>wants to play faggot ass commander spam
>won't get the proper models

kys tauscum

Frag cannon is nearly impossible to re-cast, see it's barrel consts of 4 tiny spindly shocks that supports and muzzle ring.

Bette off nabbing Anvil Industry's Not!-frag cannon

Why do dumbass faggots keep asking this?

Any feedback on my list here?

+++ pedro vanguard (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [81 PL, 1500pts] +++

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [81 PL, 1500pts] ++
**Chapter Selection**: Crimson Fists

+ HQ +

Pedro Kantor [9 PL, 170pts]

Primaris Librarian [7 PL, 105pts]: 2) Might of Heroes, Force sword

+ Troops +

Scout Squad [6 PL, 90pts]: 5x Camo cloak
. Scout Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Sniper rifle
. 4x Scout w/Sniper Rifle: 4x Sniper rifle

Tactical Squad [9 PL, 176pts]
. 7x Space Marine
. Space Marine Sergeant: Chainsword, Combi-melta
. Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Heavy bolter
. Space Marine w/Special Weapon: Meltagun

+ Elites +

Apothecary [3 PL, 55pts]

Primaris Ancient [4 PL, 69pts]: Standard of the Emperor Ascendant

Sternguard Veteran Squad [14 PL, 180pts]
. Space Marine Veteran: Special issue boltgun x9
. Veteran Sergeant: Special issue boltgun

+ Heavy Support +

Centurion Devastator Squad [19 PL, 465pts]
. Centurion: Centurion missile launcher, Two Lascannons x2
. Centurion Sergeant: Centurion missile launcher, Two Lascannons

+ Dedicated Transport +

Land Speeder Storm [5 PL, 92pts]: Cerberus launcher, Heavy flamer

Razorback [5 PL, 100pts]: Twin assault cannon

Why do alcoholics keep drinking?

It's never a bad time to field an eversor.

But they're best at terrifying squishy back line support troops, like heavy weapon troops or fragile characters

I can maybe see the Burning of Prospero special characters getting single releases with the SW/TS Codexes. I mean, Geigor already looks more at home with the furry 40k space wolves than the Heresy era Wolves. Ahriman, admittedly, is more unlikely.

Alright, thanks for the heads-up.

Probably the lack of citation.

I miss them being a Battlecannon shell on legs, turning command squads to red mist.

You know, the murder sword is pretty meh. You're gonna get 4 mortal wounds on a character, but pretty much any other relic or even a power fist is gonna do better since they do higher flat damage or d3.

SM's Burning Blade is in the same boat.

these are the kind of things you should think about -before- you buy the damn model

It would of been nice to see Deldar in the first wave, they have always had to wait the longest out of everyone, so it would been nice to go from 12 year wait to one of the first for the edition.

Murder sword only really comes into its own against something with a big invulnerable save like Bobby g or similar defences, where they do work. Still, aside from that they're pretty good at clearing out MEQs on a world eater lord or something else with lots of attacks, -4 ap is nice

If you have a Captain upgraded to chapter master for reroll any failed hit roll, is there any reason to take a chaplain since they kind of overlap or should I go with another HQ choice? My chapter master kind of hangs back while my troops jump in, so is there something that would be more helpful out in front? Or should I be jumping all in with my chapter master too to extend that buff to my melee units?

You or anyone else ever order the chain spears from Anvil? I was thinking of buying a bunch to put on my berzerkers instead of axes but their one example picture doesn't really tell me enough of how big they are or how they'd look on a model.

well can he buff everything at once? probably not because chances are you'll be spread out

How do I spot a recast on ebay? I want to by some bitz, but some of it looks really wonky quality wise. It's bits.and.more an ebay. Especially the Cataphractii Torsos look kinda shitty, is FW really that ad at casting?

As mentioned above, Dark Eldar are at least pretty strong with just the index. I'm looking forward to more options on my Archon but I don't feel like I NEED them

Yeah, my army is mainly Reivers with Aggressors that hang back around the Chapter Master to really take advantage of those rerolls, but if I have a chaplain there's a bit of overlap since they both affect to-hit rolls. Should I throw my chaplain out with my Reivers or just replace him?

Yes, they are. It's almost impossible to indentify recast when compared to forgeworld stuff.

Duncan did a video a couple years ago about assembling a FW tank and he spent more time telling you how to fix the shitty casting than he did on actually assembling the tank.

pic related
really, FW demands over 9000 limey shekels for this shit? God damnit, and idiot me was saving up for a Thunderhawk.

Ahriman is already buyable separately

Forgeworld is for people who dont care they're being ripped off, aka hardcore hobbyists with a terminal addiction to plastic crack.

Does it deliver from Poland?
That's the first sign.

Does it look like someone took piss in the resin? That's the second sign.

Does it carefully avoid using any actual GW terminology?
That's third sign.

TLDR, If the location, colour and name is dodgy, skip it.

>shitty casting

It happens with resin castings no matter what
People still don't know this?

I'd pay full FW price, if it wasn't fucking resin.
I am addicted to plastic crack, but severely intolerant to resin trash that warps out of true if you ever should dare to roll up your window blinds.

Eh, fuck it. This guy sells from germany, if it's a recast I'll just sue the shit out off him.

Nah, I like painting and eventually I'll have all assassins so ...

So much this. I want my fucking metal characters back.

Pretty much. Last time I went to WW I browsed through the rack looking for an Inquisitor Lok set. I checked every single pack and they all had a huge mold slip from his head to the edge of his cloak.

Ordered a recast for half the price and bar a bit of flash it was perfect.

A lot of FW's stuff is absolutely shit tier. Its only the GWIDF and those that don't know better that keep them in business.

Anyone got a link to the latest audio books like the Crimson King?

The current megas are thin on the ground in regard to audio books. I like to listen and paint.

inb4 an 'hilarious' user links BL

I just don't get why FW would even try to make Marine vehicles.
Sharp angles, clean lines, accurate fits, nothing of that's compatible with resin, all it's good for is plague toads and chaos trolls.

So how strong is the Gravis Armour? Is it meant to be a replacement for Terminator armours?

Yeah i agree, they can kick ass. I just would of liked for them to go from neglected to first wave release, justba show of faith to the deldar. I dont play deldar i just flirt with idea of it.