Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish warband Builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Previously on /aosg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-freeguild-archers-en.pdf
runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Tomb King
Fuck outta here with your imaginary factions.

What's so bad about it? I was thinking maybe having trigger on 7+ but there's a fair few things that just skip straight to MW like WLC or Starsouls.

With that rule you have to successfully charge, hit and roll high for wounding. Far from the point and click that MW usually are.

It seems strong. Maybe have it work like bonesplittaz stuff and it ONLY works when the dice show a six, IE unmodded rolls. I also feel that it might be a bit overkill to include anything more than that but I'm not 100% sure

Never

It's just there for the sake of being there.
No other Allegiance just give you free mortal wounds across the army.

Also the ward save have no place. It doesn't fit with the army.

The only Allegiance they should have is the Favour tokes, because that's actually interesting.

If that's not enough (but it seems pretty good to me already) add the rerollable battleshock like Free People.

third times a charm...

can someone PLEASE hook me up with the path to glory pdf? the new one, NOT the chaos only one.

Anny ideas for sylvaneth on 2000points?

Add Stormcasts

Yeah the MW on the charge was purely put there to make cavalry actually do something except be fast damage sponges.

Bretts have had an extra "save" vs shooting since 5e. Maybe I should have it that if you want it you have to give up the choice of who decides first turn order?

No shitcasts pure Sylvaneth

under the rules and supplements sections

mega.nz/#F!6EZEHQqJ!gdDBPH48LYPGDccS4YaeWA

>playing a npc race
Go buy some Stormcasts

this looks good to me if you want a low model army

Allegiance: Order

Leaders
Alarielle the Everqueen (600)
Spirit of Durthu (400)

Battleline
5 x Tree-Revenants (80)
- Sylvaneth Battleline
5 x Tree-Revenants (80)
- Sylvaneth Battleline
5 x Tree-Revenants (80)
- Sylvaneth Battleline

Units
3 x Kurnoth Hunters (220)
- Greatbows
- Scythes
- Scythes

Battalions
Free Spirits (90)

Total: 1990/2000

>doesn't know what npc stands for

Lol do you really think the Stormcasts aren't the only mcs of the setting?

Are you this bootyblasted about stormcast?

I'm not. I'm just advising anons against buying races that won't get supported by GW, since that only leads to frustration

So you are Ass ravaged about stormcast. Elf player in Whfb perhaps?

>Sylvaneth
>races that won't get supported by GW

Quit your baiting bullshit.

? Skaven player, but I stopped playing ages ago.
If you want to waste money you're free to do it

Can't come.up with a good scheme for my ironjawz. Recently finished up a bunch of bloodbound and arcanites and moving on to a new project. Any ideas for a fun paint scheme?

I recently acquired a fuckton of Chaos Archers from 1992 Battlemaster.

I want to paint them so I can test some skintones, and I'm gonna leave them at the club for mercenaries in campaigns and narrative stuff.
Also, sieges with Chaos sucks.

Can we make rules for them?

Something like the Freeguild Archers should be fine.
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-freeguild-archers-en.pdf

>stopped playing ages ago
Then why are you here? Hopefully it's not just to shitpost, but I'm skeptical.

Those are so old no one in your local store except oldfags would recognise them as gw sculpts

I'm a magnanimous person

What can I say, I'm an Oldhammer fag.

People here are used to my 80s - early 90s models

Play them as Ungor raiders

I am probably only on this, but I actually like the yellow on the studio Ironjawz.
It's just so bright, gaudy, and screams I don't give a fuck- which is how I think Ironjawz Are. They are the Chads of Orks, they just don't give a fuck.

So if sixes are always successful when making saves, does that also apply to models with a - save?

Models with a - save doesn't have a save, not even in terrain since terrain just adds to an existing save. Unless they have told otherwise in an FAQ or something

Here is my 2000pt seraphon list
Slann 260
- Incandescent Rectrices
- Great rememberer
skink priest 80
-Light of Dracothion
Trogladon 180
bastiladon 280
stegadon 240
Razordon 40
Skinks 200
Skinks 200
skinks 60
Riperdacyles 280
Shadowstrike 170

1990/2000pts

Double teleport seems really powerful. Skinks can be nasty road blocks running from combat while sending down loads of shots. Stegadon can teleport 9" away, alpha skink itself to move D6" then charge 2D6" putting it in combat more than 75% of the time. The troglodon can teleport 9" away from the enemy and spite at it, then only need a 6" charge.

Lexicanum needs your help getting everything up-to-date with Age of Sigmar. Register and help us make the Lexi a good wiki for Age of Sigmar, and maybe become an admin in the future.

If you don't have any warscroll you can help contributing by using warscrolls, product descriptions and even photo/screenshots of pages on the internet as long as they are properly sourced.

Emanresu, your account has been accepted into the lexi and is ready for edits. As you requested, I will stop posting here requesting helpers for a long time. Thanks and I hope to see you contribute there.

>>Skaven player
Stormcuck, we already know you have never been playing AoS or WHFB

Neat
I like the Hunt the Weak flavor

For any StD players here, is it true that Chaos Warriors are overall better and more cost effective than Chaos Chosen?

I can't find it on the app, is it a compendium scroll or custom?

Custom

runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

So I am collecting Fyreslayers.

What weapon options are best for Vulkite Berzerkers and Hearthguard berzerkers?

Also what is the best General?

And finally, best Command Traits?

>Stormshits

Starter set = understandably stormcast
Silver tower = 1 stormcast in 51 minis
Hammerhall 1 stormcast in 31 minis
New city sets = bases on summer campaign, which was an order win in each city
Shadespire = 1 of the 4 announced factions are stormcast
Blightwar = I'll give you that one, it could have been something else from order

Literally who?

oh fuck, I had the 5th edition one

Slann were so weird

I started with it too.

For the longest time I thought Bretonnia were the "stardard human kingdom" and had no fucking idea what The Empire was.

Also, no mention of spire of Dawn, or gorechosen, almost as if you're pushing a narrative (or reposting an image without engaging your brain)

>start collecting Khorneflakes
>go on an international trip for a few weeks
>GWs in the area have all sent their copies of Gorechosen back

Motherfuckers...

>including warhammer quest when there's only one stormcast model in each
>no start collecting
>no spire of dawn
>no mention of the battleforce boxes
>no mention of the army boxes like icewind assault

wew great cherry pickin lad

Stop replying to shitty bait, for fucks sake

What if all those replies are from one guy, and you're the one falling for bait?
What a masterplan

Please help

Tzeench would be proud

What, I can't reminiscence about old times now?

Reminisce without replying to shitty bait, christ

>4th edition starter to 5th edition starter was 4 years
Christ, it never really occured to me how many "starters" GW has been cranking out nowadays

>is it true that Chaos Warriors are overall better and more cost effective than Chaos Chosen?
More cost effective? Yes.

Better? No. You use Chosen because of their ability that makes you reroll to wound in a 8" radius. If you manage to make use of it, they are pretty good.

Also, they deal a fair amount of Mortal Wounds, that helps.

Overall, if you want a StD heavy infantry army, you want them both.

You're only allowed to talk about how great Stormcasts are here.

No Aelves
No Legacy armies
No WHFB

Soon because fuck the guy above me, whfb was great and aelves will be the next release after tomb kings and brettonia dual release

What kinda units would you wanna see for a smaller faction?

Soulblight, on foot vampire infantry, like blood knights on foot. Kinda miss varghulfs too.

Skryre, better infantry, preferably ranged, maybe with heavy weapon options to eliminate weapon teams (ratling gun, warp fire flamer, etc).

Deathrattle, I'm not completely sure, but maybe a lich or some bonewheel skeletons

While the new GHB17 is new, is a foot slogging StD army viable?

Beasts for Wanderers, like hunting dogs or get spirits.

Id like to see some actual hierarchy within death that isnt fuckheug herohammer bullshit, actually no, id like to see that for just about every faction desu

I personally don't think so, but if I have to make one, I would take the Seeker Host allegiance, so at least it's not as bad.

If you love wfb so much why do you fuck off back to the wfb general rather than spamming this thread with your tired propaganda?

I wish the varghulf was soulblight instead of FEC. Makes so much more sense to me; and then you can run varghulfs and vargheists together.

Aelves army when!?

For death it'd be cool to see non-undead thralls

Holy shit why do you thing everything has to be in the extremes. Stormcast are overrated, but at least they're an actual faction in the setting. If you wanna discuss tomb kings or brets lore or anything that isn't to do with age of sigmar lorewise just use the WFB thread.

>vampire infantry
such a cool simple idea!

I'd like some mummies.
They don't have to be EGYPTIAN-like mummies. Just some wrapped beings with bandages dangling everywhere, they are a cool design, UNMISTAKABLY "Death", and underused in Fantasy in general.
Maybe with Archers (but that's asking too much/too reminiscent of Tomb Kings maybe).

I'd like some stone throwing minotaurs to round out warherds a little more, and the return of a martial hero for gitmob. also a non-fw hero unit for trolls, and please god the fucking dirach/meargh for fimir (fianna fimm as well if im being greedy)

>still taking weak bait
No wonder people shitpost here

Which would be better as allies for nurgle force with alot of blightkings?

Nurgle daemons, and maybe a plagueclaw from Skaven Pestilens

I would like the Wanderers to get Glade Riders back. They were easily the best elf cavalry models.

I think it would be cool if Deathrattle got skeletons of non-human things. Like, Dwarf skeletons that still wear their old heavy armour, so they act as a more defensive unit, or skeletons of large monsters.

Shame they are so.... weak user

They should have just packaged the old Vlad, Isabella, Konrad and Manfred on foot all together in 1 box as a "vampire thralls" melee unit.
Then made the "vampire lord with wings" the only vampire lord.

will Nagash make death great again?

Chosen are virtually useless if you don't play mainly Slaves of Darkness.

No

From the last thread

So guys, I saw this box and I immediately felt the urge to buy it

I already have one giant, but having three can be a hell of a lot of fun, not just for using them as allies but using them for scenarios

For example, this one came to mi mind just when I saw it:

Two armies fighting each other for the control of a mystic object, represented by a control point at the middle of the map. When one of the two armies gets to the object, before the movement phase of the next turn, the trhee giants are deployed in one of the sides of the match that do not belong to any of the other two players. The giants are aggro against both other players, theyr objective is to kill, eat and smash wathever gets into theyr path. They do not go for the mystic object, theyr objective is to wreck chaos and destruction.
The two armies are lesft with the problem the Giants represent, they have to ally each other for killing the giants but at the same time the only winner is the one who controls the object at the end of turn 6.

I thought this for two players, so the Giants would just run straitgh to the nearest enemy and charge as soon as possible. Reason why they can't actually win, unless they kill everything else. They're just NPCs.

But it could be adapted for someone to control the Giants, in this case they could play to control the objective too, as a second possibility for theyr winning conditions.

As an extra, imo this scenery would be specially fun in a Skirmish-Path to Glory game since the armies would be small and would probably lack any way to actually kill the 3 Giants.

What do you guys think?

I've probably expressed badly myself, but I'm honestly quite excited about the idea.

Perhaps you could have a hero/general/someone with psychic capabilities can control the giants on a roll of 5+ maybe, and the opponent can try to deny it on 6+? Or 6 and 6, so that it's not too easy to control them.
Sounds like it could be a fun mechanic.
Reminds of me of in Skyrim when you're fighting an enemy and a giant or a dragon joins the fray.

The new SC models really look good.

>That hairstyle
Of all the things you could steal from Chaos, you steal that one

They actually make me want to play a small vanguard force - and my thoughts on SC in general probably shade closer to cheeta bait-man's than most. The dog/chocobo thing is very blanche

I like the aquilor but I'll have to shave off some of that excess lightning iconography and sculpt more suns and moons n shiet

I want to convert it as part of a tzeench army with demigriffs and Griff hounds but I'm not sure what to use them as

He isn't new.

exalted flamer? herald on chariot?

it's got to be less than a year since it was released?

Absolutely not, and as a sidenote, that goes for Necromunda players too without saying.

>Comparing 30 years of editions against 2

How do you feel about buying battletomes or GW printed products like Skirmish or Path to Glory? Do you find them to be a waste of money or neat stuff for collectors?

I like it. I mean, you have no inernet or going on a holiday, sometimes its just nice to have them there physically. Like the difference between Kindle or an actual book. I much prefer going through the pages myself and enjoying them.

>I personally don't think so

Fug. I really, REALLY like the Chaos Warrior aesthetic and now that I can get entry with them at dirt cheap (for warhammer) I was thinking of forming a small vanguard force for them.

I love their fluff, look and the thought of elite, tough ground infantry. Shame to hear that.

I buy every supplement (not battletomes).
I love to read them, they give me a lot of inspiration.

Also, a perfect read for when I'm pooping

Imo it would be funnier if the Giants are impossible to really control by any of the players

Have people made a list of units missing from the generals handbook so I know what to buy before it's squatted, I missed KANGZ last time

There are ways to make it kind of work. Using the Warriors as an anvil you could use Knights and Chariots as a hammer. But this only really works with Fatesworn Warband so at least there's some punch.
Backed up by some Wizards for MW/Buffing its a decent force, but most likely you'll need a big block of Marauders to contest enemy objectives.

I don't see any GA Chaos listing for StD under Fatesworn warband. Godsworn is there.

That's fine. But using Marauders, I mean even for chaff they seem kind of eh and, while I haven't seen it too much, I imagine the more elite infantry could tear Marauders a new one, even if on objectives.

Nice chocobo

The point is SCE are in every box. AoS is like 40k now, there are space marines in every starter box 40k ever made. It will be the same with AoS now.
I started in 2nd where is was Orks vs Blood Angels. Its always been all space marines all the time.

>why there is a 2yo faction in every box while other older factions have huge model-bases already
Oh my, I wish to know