Last Thread >> →

>Death Guard stuff from White Dwarf
imgur.com/a/90wRO

>Konor Campaign, one planet left
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GZ9HeyO33c4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for the Eighth

I'll ask again: 30k thousand sons castellax. It looks dope, what dreadnought does it best match in size?

And did FW print rules for normal chaos dreads anywhere?

Second for Phoenix Lords.

And it will never happen.

why are her tits so big?

This is why I am confused and I asked. I find online discussion of people citing the FAQs and still being confused.
What I get from this is that POXWALKER units will be buffed no matter what, but I am trying to see if I can make the Plague Marines TAINTED, at last as an "external" choice that goies to elite and would be used for a full-melee unit.
Few attacks, but all hitting on 2+ and rerolling 1 to wound is decent.
Note that the guy is both DEATH GUARD and TAINTED so the fucktard here just could not get what I was talking about.

Finally managed to start my Astra Militarum army and whipped up a list.

Got everything except the Scions, Taurox Primes and Harker. Also have a LRBT, Chimera and a Sentinel lying around but they're not very cost efficient to my understanding.

Because she's a pointy-eared slut.

4 combi plas and 4 power axes, or some chianfists thrown in there
I bought this unit just to kill some guys Celestine, but after that he'll have a few tanks left

Explain this then?

Obviously a round-eared slut.

Reminder to use your soul grinders for the campaign, chaos can win this!

You got answers, it's invetween furibundus and contemptor
On chaos terminators btw, thinking going NL

thicc

I do kind of wish it would, just because it'd be nice to have a unit as allies to add some variety to my Marines.

>SoB
>slut
Fucking heretics.

Any news on the new xenos race?

She was blessed by the Emperor! DO NOT BULLY THICC SISTER!.

Yes, Plague Marines can be . As long as they are from the CSM Codex which have no .

if they have a tag, they can be made THE TAINTED.

Its really quite that simple.

How do I make Deathwatch Terminators worth their points when compared to Kill Team Veterans?

Hrud

No, minor xenos mentioned in September's WD but they were also mentioned in 6th ed and nothing happened but now with the hints of a new race coming there might be something like a xenos mercenaries codex.

So you can use a 2+ melee Plagues as Elite but the army would not be full Death Guard.
THANKS!
Now we will see with the codex how big the sacrifice would be but I think is a viable option if the guy is able to buff up to 3 units (1 TAINTED, 1 POXWALKER and a third one with the plague spells).

Never going to happen. At least not in our life time

Yes, and now that they have a shit ton of unique melee weapons they can be monsters in assault

if you take a small the tainted elite detachment from the CSM book, it shouldn't mess up your overall deathguard army.
just would need to differenciate your troop deathguard plagues from your elite tainted plagues

also
>1 TAINTED, 1 POXWALKER
haha these are auras, he'll buff as many units of those as you have nearby.

Helbrute loadouts: what's best for cost efficiency?

I'm thinking twinlas would be good for fire support, but is it worth it to take a missile launcher? Or should I keep a melee weapon for CC?

I don't speak taco, what does this say?

>haha these are auras, he'll buff as many units of those as you have nearby.
You are formally correct and potentially this can b don in practice, but I don't se more than 2, maybe 3 units buffed at time.

The problem is that you either replace with and lose your Death Guard rules, or you don't replace it and you can't buff them with Necrosius.

As long as there isn't any clarification on this RAW says only Necrosius and Mamon (page 50, was updated in the FAQ) get both the Death Guard and The Tainted keyword.

It's not taco it's frog.

>can't even differentiate between taco and baguette

your correct, but right now, there ARE no deathguard benefits
and once the codex drops, we'll see if +1 to hit in melee is worth losing whatever strategems and detachment bonuss the codex gives for those elite plaguemarines

>taco
Being this retarded

So in December there's a 2k tourney coming up, limits are: no triplicates, no uniques, max 3 detachments.

+++ New Roster (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [114 PL, 1995pts] +++

++ Brigade Detachment +9CP (Orks) ++

+ HQ +

Warboss on Bike: Attack Squig, Power Klaw

Weirdboy: Da Jump

Weirdboy: Da Jump

+ Troops +

Boyz
. Boss Nob: Power Klaw, Slugga
. 29x Ork Boy W/ Slugga & Choppa

Boyz
. Boss Nob: Power Klaw, Slugga
. 29x Ork Boy W/ Slugga & Choppa

Boyz
. Boss Nob: Big Choppa, Kustom Shoota
. 2x Ork Boy W/ 'Eavy Weapon: Big Shoota
. 17x Ork Boy W/ Shoota

Boyz
. Boss Nob: Big Choppa, Kustom Shoota
. 2x Ork Boy W/ 'Eavy Weapon: Big Shoota
. 17x Ork Boy W/ Shoota

Gretchin: 30x Gretchin

Gretchin: 30x Gretchin

+ Elites +

Kommandos
. Boss Nob: Power Klaw
. 2x Kommando
. 2x Kommando W/ 'Eavy Weapon: Burna

Kommandos
. Boss Nob: Power Klaw
. 2x Kommando
. 2x Kommando W/ 'Eavy Weapon: Burna

Tankbustas: 2x Bomb Squig
. Boss Nob: Rokkit Launcha
. 3x Tankbusta: 3x Rokkit Launcha
. Tankbusta w/ Pistols: Pair of Rokkit Pistols

+ Fast Attack +

Skorcha Buggy
. Skorcha: Skorcha

Skorcha Buggy

Skorcha Buggy

+ Heavy Support +

Big Gunz
5x Kannon

Big Gunz
5x Kannon

Lootas: 5x Loota

+ Dedicated Transport +

Trukk: Big Shoota

Sorry, don't speak baguette either. What does it say?

Slav or American?

>pdf & epub

Any links for the Gathering Storm 1 - 3?

Well my french vocabulary consists of 2 seasons of Wakfu but:

Many actors on galactic scene, loads of alien species in warhamer 40k, despite xenocidal crusades little effects is had on larger species such as orks and eldar.
thouyghout the galaxy humanity has encountered... loads of species.
Something something sages of xenoscience, bestiary of Rogue Traders, alien mercenaries, genestealers, razorwings (trained by drukhari)

just a reminder, we've had
> blood warriors
> 6 or 7 aos characters bigger than marines
>Kharn
> wrath mongers
> blood reavers
> necromunda goliaths

And yet we still have decade old Khorne Berzerkers.

While I'm not holding my breath, I also remember we once said that about a lot of things, like moving the setting forward or bringing back Primarchs.

I'm having some trouble making a good Carcharadon list for 1k/2k games. Obviously I wanna have Tyberos but I'm struggling to fill the rest of the gaps. I would imagine assault termies would be good but what about a land raider or tacticals? I kind of want to strike a balance between fluffy and tournament play. For instance, I'm looking to magnetize the termies arms so I can swap between claws (for fluff) and hammers (for 10 str reroll hits).

I find it so annoying that my heart wants to play cool, mainly unseen, armies, but my mind is screaming about potential viability. I don't want to be a WAAC faggot but I just want to shut up the faces of all of those fuckers bringing unpainted cheese lists to casual tournaments.

Could anyone here help me out with some advice? Either with building a Carcharadon list or with how YOU deal with the viable vs. cool aspect of the game.

It'd take a days work on CAD to give them power armoured boots, plasma and bolt pistols, chainaxes, backpacks, and a couple gladiator special melee weapons.

WE WUZ BERZERKERS AND SHEIT

All before plastic sisters as well.

At least Blood Warriors make pretty good Berserkers. Especially if you convert the feet too.

Use scouts for your troops. They're cheap and good. Both BP/CK and Sniper scouts are useful. Vanguard Vets are pretty good as well and extremely customizable.

Are you retarded?
Read OP

Hey guys, i posted last night thinking i had spotted a new ork model in the latest white dwarf. Other anons were right and it is indeed a deff dread. I contacted GW on normie book and they had this to say, as well as showing me a clearer picture.

So no new orks, but a cool conversion non the less.

Thoughts on Gabriel Angelos?

Oops i forgot to add what they said.

"great spot! This was actually a conversion done by 'Eavy Metal alumnus Keith Robertson, with bits from all over the Ork range and guns from the Leman Russ Punisher. Here it is in the Warhammer World Exhibition this morning:"

Odd that Godsplitter isn't daemonbane.

That's pretty cool that they actually responded.

>how YOU deal with the viable vs. cool aspect of the game.

General rule of thumb, I try to think to myself I was my opponent think "cool, thats a fun looking army" when I'm deploying or "what a faggot, not playing this guy again".

Take the kind of list you'd enjoy playing against.

Is it a dick move to have 5 psykers in a 2k pt army? When does it become obviously smite spam?

Depends on the army. It can be considered reasonably fluffy for some Eldar and Daemon lists, maybe even some Tyranids too.

Thanks for the follow up, user, Here's hoping Big Meks will have the option to pilot Deff Dreadz like Grey Knight Masters can baby carriers.

Alpha legion and death guard with a horde of poxwalkers

Do marines use 25mm or 35mm bases? I'm confused

Either.

Sm 25
Primaris 35

whatever they come with.
32s look better

At 2k? It might depend on what those units are, but that doesn't sound horribly unreasonable.

32mm but old marines used 25mm so most people use those too.

>Still no plastic Sisters of Battle edition

Dont worry, they will be released by Christmas, i know a guy that know a guy that have seen plastic sprues at GW

So, is this ork attached to the deff dredd by his arse? Or is there a second ork in there somewhere, with the top ork being an independant gunner?

Typhus, 3 sorc, and a malefic lord

the army fluff is alpha legion and DG pooling some big guys and a mindless horde in service of nurgle/whatever AL is up to

6" backflip/10

Do two units of Obliterators work as good enough anti-tank for EC?

So putting my army together should I rebase them to 32? All my marines are older boxes or second hand so even my unassembled ones have 25mm bases.

Does it make a gameplay difference? Should I get something like pic related

If the box comes with 25, use 25. If it comes with 32, use 32. No one will question otherwise save WAACniggers

I don't think it does. Having smaller models is an advantage but bases work for and against you

>be my Paladin
>vs 20 grots
>3 wounds
>triple 1s to save

youtu.be/GZ9HeyO33c4

>GREATEST CHAMPIONS OF THE GREY KNIGHTS

In all seriousness although chastity is a principle by which Catholic female orders abide it is not so for their in universe facsimiles, the sisters of battle. Official cannon lore has them engaging in sex when they please.

Probably a grot or two kept in check by stomping on and firing the gun above their heads.

>first of September
>no new info on DG
>won't even be open for preorder until the 8th at the EARLIEST
>won't be available in stores until the 15th AT THE EARLIEST
Fucking kek. But wait, there's more!
>DG and their Primarch featured heavily in a narrative campaign
>that was six weeks long
>said Primarch and said legion's codex were released AFTER the campaign
Hahahahahahaha. BUT WAIT, THERE'S FUCKING MORE
>the primaris and marines also featured heavily in the campaign
>the major primaris units were released weeks before the start of the campaign
>as was their codex
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How did three grots manage to wound a Knight Paladin?

He means the Grey Knights Paladin. Hence 3 wounds

They believed hard enough

5 to hit, 6 to wound.
Same as when they fight regular space marines.

again
>whatever they came with

DEY'Z DA GROTS OF GORK AND MORK YA GIT

Now I'm imagining three very large, very buff grots in jojo pose facing off against a Knight Paladin.

>we

Sounds orky enough to be true. So it's essentially a Killa-Kan Deluxe rather than a proper Deff Dredd.

Rather it's a Meka Dredd, KFF and counts as Rippa klaw & Rattler Cannon

ERD YOU WOZ TALKING ZOG LIKE I WOULDNT FIND OUT

Played an annihilation game against a bro new to the game, both using the Dark Imperium box set with a couple unit modifications. Gave him more points because he was new and I couldn't be assed to scrounge up a last fluffy 50pts.

Sadly don't have pics, will try to arrange this better in the future.

Highlight reel
>~950 Death Guard VS ~1100 Ultramarines

>Bloat drone DISTRACTION CARNIFEXs up the board and soaking up the entire army's fire, firing once before hilariously exploding and missing everyone by an inch.
>Having so hard to plink 2 wounds off the Drone, the entire Primaris left flank folds shamefully to poxwalkers.
>After the both of us criticised his merits pre-game, the Gravis Captain punches two Chaos spawn into red mist in one turn, after weathering a voluminous 14 attacks.
> "He must have heard you wanting to replace him with a librarian."
>Not to be outdone by a loyalist greenhorn, Typhus solos an entire inceptor squad with a fuckoff huge mindbullet when they get the jump on him but sadly flub all their hits.
>Trying to reenact this feat, the Plaguecaster caves in his own head with perils and goes down like a chump to an angry bolt pistol.
>Meanwhile, the Ancient-Apothecary combo fails to earn their keep, rolling poorly the entire game.
>Apparently the fallen Primaris hate all this loud noise and just want to lie on the ground until all the fighting is over.
>Deciding he always wanted to be a sniper anyway, angry angry Apothecary walks to the frontline and nails a plague marine every turn with his pistol.
>The despair when all the Hellblasters died and he realised Typhus had no hardcounters left was a pleasing offering to Grandfather Nurgle.
>The last few turns was Typhus stalking the ruins, hunting Primaris characters and frying their brains with Smite.

Friend won by merit of kill points, but he's traumatized by T5 and FnP, so i'll count that as a win for me anyway.
Hope you can have enjoyable games in your future too, Veeky Forums.

I might be alone in this, but I actually regret basing my models on 32, it looks totally awesome with those rings around a already decorated base.

That is pretty funny. Typhus is my dude for sure. I bought him 60 poxwalkers for some real laughs

Has the small rules book from the First Strike set got everything like the 7th small book did?

Hey, where the plague marine option says multiple nodes of 'up to two models may take (x)', can I stack those?

Like can two guys have flails of corruption, two have maces of contagion, etc.?

They can. If the options intended that those weapons share the same two-guys limit, it'd all be in one line

I'm really looking forward to having a full Death Guard army finally

I know a lot of the current meta around them relies on Poxwalkers, but I'd really rather use the Plague Marines as my main troops choice. How to they stack up *really*?

I know what you're talking about but I don't have it on hand. Typically if the passage says "up to two dudes can:" and then bullet lists some stuff, then you get to mix and match with those two dudes only. Other times it'll be like "two dudes can do this. Two dudes can do that. One dude can do the other thing." And that's what I'm assuming you mean stacks.

In the case of plague marines, I'm pretty sure you get a single cleaver, two special melee weapons, then everyone else gets knife/sword combos. Or something pretty close to that.

Can we just message GW Facebook with rules and stats questions or do we have to do it in a faq post? I guess I'm just wondering if they'll actually reply.