What sort of MtG plane could we make based on Spaghetti western themes?

What sort of MtG plane could we make based on Spaghetti western themes?

A plane where poor opressed brown people fight the evil white regimen.
Like every other plane lately.

south americans are not brown. you take that back now!

Well, Wizards refuses to put handvguns into the game, so there goes one of the most iconic aspects. They'd be replaced with spell slingers, sure, but it wouldn't be the same.

A rush to mine newly discovered ore rich in mana accidently awakens an army of clockwork abominations.

Undead lawmen keeping the peace from beyond the grave.

Elves, Humans, Dwarves, and goblins trying not to kill one another in a ramshackle boom town

>Wizards refuses to put handvguns into the game

Eh?

>A rush to mine newly discovered ore rich in mana

an ore rich in Mana, or a Glistening Oil?

They have repeatedly stated that was a mistake they don't intend to repeat. Old cards do not justify new cards.

Would the set be mono or multi colored factions?

That's not a bad idea, but how do you put it in without it being immediately obvious when everyone turns into phyrixians?

What are the implications of mono versus multi-colored? The sort of keywords that can be applied?

It's diluted. The change is painfully slow, or doesn't happen at all without some outside stimulus.

Also
>Minotaur sheriff planeswalker

Perhaps the plane was a test plane before the creation of Phyrexia and a perfected version of the oil so it doesn't have it's full effect. After it was abandoned the bones and fossils of various creatures began to mix with the oil as well...

I'll take the bait:

You're a dipshit. Look back at fucking ABUR, Legends, Antiquities, The Dark, Urza's, etc. etc. Magic has always featured a diverse range of character portrayed on cards, even before legends and planes and characters and things, and when they did introduce those, they were always bands of different races and species fighting evil wizards n shit.

>Wandering monster hunters roam a dying plane as humanity tries to eke out their last gasp of existence, protecting these last vestiges of life
>Ancient magitech monsters terrorize the countryside, devouring travellers, livestock, etc.
>Vampires conspire with demons to keep ancient mana wells alive to sustain their own existence, protecting their treasure jealously in warped palaces and towers
>Madmen who dare to live beyond the protection of the cities roam village to village, extorting 'tribute' from the inhabitants

Small communities, change is slow (needs refining to be full strength Phyrexian grade shit)

Basically how the factions would work - would you have straight "White hats" vs. "Black hats" vs. "Red indians" vs. "blUe suits" type factions, or "RW hats" vs. "BR hats" vs. "GW indians" vs. "BWU tychoons".

>color-based factions
no, don't

Tribal factions then? Plains Goblins vs. minotaur Cowboys?

I dunno, I just feel like it should be less set on who's on what side and such. More mechanics based than tribes or major groups

>Small communities, change is slow (needs refining to be full strength Phyrexian grade shit)

Perhaps it can go two ways. One group that is being "enlightened" and either knowingly or unknowingly working to make it full grade Glistening Oil and another group trying to use it as is as an energy source (I bet it works really really well with constructs and artifacts for some weird reason)

I was actually making a western plane, and it's pretty different from the ideas posted here. Not sure if anyone would be interested in it, but it can be summed up as "cowboys and cryptids"

Nigga are you suggesting a Wild West Texas with body horror oil refineries and cattle barons.

Fuck it, drop what you got bruh.

You know what? Yes, the people working the refineries are slowly turning into Phyerixian Cultist. The Natives go "Fuck all yall mother fuckers" and start getting their magic axes and bows and arrows and rifles and medicine bags togheter to kill everyone trying to dig up the "bad blood" The noble guardian faction is trying to decide who is actually fucking up while trying to keep the innocents safe and the oil barons smoking a cigar with his dick balls deep in an elven whore's mouth counting the money and cursing the stupid natives for trying to ruin his business.

Basically this. You'll get WE WUZ COWBOYS versus Evul Whiteys. Maybe with a dash of WE WUZ INDIANS too.

But the most important question is this: which Jacetice league member shows up?
My vote is for the return of Sorin Markov, previously thought dead, can rise back to glory.
Maybe Tezzeret is working to push for more work with the oil.
Or, fuck it, Karne is the one who rolls in.

Karne I could definetly see, probably he gets kidnapped by the cultist because he's oozing the oil and the want to figure out how to turn the oil they have into the pure shit.

I know Garruk isn't a part of the Jacetice leauge but what's that nigger been up to?

Ooh! He's basically just a skinwalker now, right? Would be cool.

Is he? Did he get turned into a werewolf in Innistrahd? The last picture I saw was when he had Liliana bent over a rock like it was a murder-rape in progress.

ok, it's a bit convoluted, but I'll post what I got
>Pre-mending, the plane had a Nyx-like layer over it where the dreams and nightmares of the inhabitants (who are human, no other intelligent race exists) would manifest
>This "dreamplace" was also the source of the plane's magical mineral, which was usually inert or a poor source of magical power unless made into a powdery material and compacted tightly
>The creatures created in the dreamplace were ethereal, only hurt by magic
>However, when the mending happened, the "dreamplace" collapsed, creating massive mineral deposits underground, and most importantly, making the monsters of the realm very real, and very vulnerable to physical attacks, while at the same time making them independent from the minds of humans
>Several of them were sentient, and the few that were intelligent enough to either join society or migrate west still exist years later
>However, after 60 years and a large push for expansion, there are several territorial disputes boiling up, creating the conflict of the plane
>The races are humans and cryptids: wendigos, chupacabras, (Jersey) devils, mothmen, jackalopes, sasquatches, and giants
If you're still interested, I could keep going

He was a flip card so I figured he was a werewolf.

>I bet it works really really well with constructs and artifacts for some weird reason

Of course, you can use Black Gold in place of energy/aether, and the group from Kaladesh that first discovered it on the plain thought it was just a "condensed" form of aether, and were initially only refining it to make it more potent.

Also some plain ol' fun cards, "wanted poster" that drops "bounty hunter" tokens on the field until a designated creature owned by an opponent is in the graveyard, "Transplane-railway" vehicle that gives all creatures haste, "X with no name" spell that protects a single designated creature from any effect that targets any "named" trait or quality the creature has etc...

Not all the flip cards were werewolves, some were just assholes.

So others besides planeswalkers can planes hop? How is this done (not that I don't like the idea of course)

A BW group of bounty hunters?

Marked

Place a marked token on target permanent creature. Target creature takes -1/-1 loses immunity to damage/death effects

Or something like that

It used to be that there were ships that could, namely the Weatherlight and I think Skyship Predator.

Ajani is the new sheriff in a town being terrorized by Garruk leading a band of outlaws.

I actually made a set of 151 cards, all based in the Dark Tower universe about a year ago.

Themes were divided by shards, each with a corresponding Legendary Creature

Bant: Before the world moved on. Honorable knights and noble beasts. Maerlyn as a Legendary Creature. Lots of ETB and creature dependent draw.

Esper: The power of magic. Has Marten/the man in black as a Legendary Creature. Lots of discard fueling token generation and sac to draw, creating a cycle.

Grixis: The rebellion that brought destruction to all-world. Has John Farson as a Legendary Creature. Mind control that turns creatures into a Rebel creating a tribe theme.

Jund: Powers beyond the Prim. Has the Crimson King as a Legendary Creature. Graveyard recursion and temporary but significant creature strength.

Naya: The Gunslingers of Old. Has Roland Deschain as a Legendary Creature. Lots of combat tricks, generates Gunslinger tokens in the combat phase.

Overall, the set was focused to do away with "rarity = power" and move more towards "rarity = niche strategy"
More spell than creature based.

>ctl+f Deadlands
>phrase not found.

Well that might've been a place to start.

>Power Stones discovered in frontier territory away from major Blue civil society, causes sudden rush of speculation followed by colonization to try and increase available resources for constructs, enchantments, magic items and the like.

>Order of Holy Knights mostly a cultural relic at this point, still has some devotees that have successfully infiltrated and replaced a number of law-enforcement institutions and odds are 75% of the "Sheriffs" shuffling into the frontier are answering to a higher power. Mostly a positive reaction to them and their habits when dealing with non-law-breaking folks, but slight infractions tend to bring down the full weight of their influence, especially when it provides them more influence in the frontier; if your dusty little town's mayor is stalling an investigation to avoid getting caught on some minor bribes, hope that your local sheriff is one of those 25% normal dude else you're probably not getting much help with those bandits.

"Free Frontiersman" red aligned bunch of folks that don't like that the big movers and shakers are settling into the frontier and establishing order. Not well liked by locals or big money on account of their "Freedom Fighting" tends to result in important shipments being lost, crops getting burned, and general shit-disturbing. Tolerated more among niche communities that agree with their sentiments if not their methods.

>Green-aligned natives welcome the new and interesting goods and services of the in-flowing colonists for now. Major philosophy of adapting to change and surviving regardless of the circumstances or environment, and they've taken to the hex-tech options with fervor, actually pissing off the big-money blues by copying their base magical concepts and growing knock-off botanical and animal variations.

>Black aligned assassin has successfully baited big-money investment in the frontier in order to put an end to killings of several execs/important investors as part of a long-term revenge scheme to ruin their business after stealing the intellectual property that allowed Big Money Blues to make their business in the first place. Been at it for about three decades now, and still has a long way to go; getting their stuff in contact with potential competition from the Green Natives was the main goal here, but now needs to lie low since BMB is out for blood. Started taking blood money and killing contracts to make enough to stay ahead of BMB, but it's a losing battle of late.

>"cowboys and cryptids"
Ever read Skullkickers