Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1715: Where are thou Softanon? Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/invite/454MMUS
youtube.com/watch?v=d0aIqx1McVI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not dealing with this shit, presumably.

Have you ever gone to war for some reason Jumpers, what was it?

Circlejerking in the Discord, most likely.

>Fantasy
Cavalry
Halberds and other polearms
A Letter Of Marque
A Black Banner
A very nice hat
A war horn.

>Modern
Crates of Real Fuckin' NATO.
A Russian submarine.

>Sci-Fi
Exoskeletons
Mini-UAVs
Clone bodies
Dropships/gunships
Mechs

Fun.

I was hungry. REALLY hungry.

>Discord
discordapp.com/invite/454MMUS

Asserting dominance and claiming waifus are typical reasons. Although is a pretty legit reason too

I've got to war for many different reasons in my chain. War to stop evil empires, wars for someone precious to me, wars to stop the apocalypse, war to provide a common enemy, and wars for fun and profit.

Fucking trash.

War is pretty great.

What can I, a humble user, do to improve the quality of jumpchain?

Make good jumps.

Create content (either new jumps or just writing and posting chains in the thread) and discussing content from other anons.

Be good people. Do fun builds and write for them even if you don't get responses. Have an interesting chain with a good story. Make fun jumps. Offer good criticism but let it go if the maker decides to be an ass to you about it.

Let everything rot. Not post at all, desu.

Fancy outfits. We Landsknecht nao.
Something based on the Italian mercs?

RIGHT ARM OF THE FREE WORLD
French kit because those crazy motherfuckers sold it to fucking everyone
Blood diamonds
Merc cosplays?

Gunships.
Space AKs

Pray to Val five times a day, don't use SB jumps, denounce SBers when they appear in-thread, and eat one serving of vegemite every day. Then, you will truly know what it means to be a productive user.

Change the fucking formula.

Some people disagreed about who was king.
I thought it was me, but there were some unfortunate fellows who were rather insistent THEY were king. I thought maybe the whole mess could be cleared up with a bit of tea and talking, but they were under the impression that I couldn't be king because, and I quote, "You don't have an army." They then made some rather crude remarks about my intelligence, sanity, and political allies. (Namely, that I lacked those things, and was thus an unfit candidate for the throne.) I smiled, nodded, and collected their heads so that maybe the next round of negotiations would go better.
It turns out, though, that becoming king takes more than killing off all your competitors. You have to actually get everybody to agree that you're king - not just your rivals, but the nobles who support them, and the smaller nobles, and the undecided, and the rival nations' leaders if you don't want to get invaded). And you can't just kill everyone who doesn't think you're king, becuase when you start out, nobody thinks you're king, and if you went around killing every person who laughed at you when you called yourself king, there'd be nobody left to rule when you're done.
But the most important thing about becoming King is being really, really, really rich. Or having really rich friends. That makes the whole process a lot easier. But even then, there will be people thinking you aren't REALLY king, just a murderous figurehead controlled by some puppeteer.

For fun, because I'm bored, because I'm greedy, because I wanted slaves, because I wanted power, becasue I wanted to test out my powers, weapons, machines, the list goes on.

This .

What you need to do is make a lot of jumps with 0 starting CP, like gauntlets but without the safety net. If it catches on, it'll make this place slightly more tolerable.

Mostly it's to stop assholes, while preserving the illusion that I'm just an ordinary (if exceptional) inhabitant of that setting by not using my really crazy capabilities to stop them personally.

That's a fucking terrible idea. What we need is less change not more.

>Crates of Real Fuckin' NATO.
>crates
Nigga please. That's not enough Real Fuckin' NATO. You need pallets at least. Probably closer to a shipping container full.

>Restarted!Chain
I went to war because I had to. Because the Warmonger demanded it. I destroyed lives, armies, nations purely for their entertainment. I want to say that I had no choice. That they threatened me with oblivion and worse if I refused. But that was still a choice. And I took the path of bloodshed instead of pulling the trigger of the gun pressed to my head. All in the desperate hope that eventually I would be in control. That I could come back to fix my mistakes and the worlds I ruined along the way.
I was wrong.

>New!Chain
W-War? That seems a little extreme. I don't know that war really solves anything. I'd like to think problems can be solved before they hit that point.

But of course. The first time was because Fuck Communism.
The second time was because, well I had a bigass fleet of spaceships. Might as well use them, eh?

Pic related

I never did find out what Aragorn's tax policy was

They started it.

There is no war. There is only the Hunt.

War is armies, war is supply trains, war is sieges. None of these are the Hunt.

How many of you actually make use of Buffs and Debuffs? Or is it all just a confusing mess of support shit that you'd rather just not worry about?

I prefer to turn my buffs into permanent enchantments.

To remind the living that Nehekhara is still to be feared. Even in worlds where they have no idea what Nehekhara is.

I use Shield and Reflect style spells quite often when the need arises. It was actually a lot of fun to spring those on other Champions during my time in League of Legends. Nobody even thought it was particularly odd, seeing as I was a Tank/Mage. They're quite useful and I find a lot of opponents tend not to think defensively.

Most of my other buffing spells get less use because they're from Oblivion and tend to eat up more mana for the buck. Except for one I picked up in Ragnarok Online called Marionette Control. It's an odd spell, but useful in a pinch. It allows me to drain my own "stats" and add them directly to someone else. Of course, it leaved me weakened in the process, but you should see the kind of damage Poppy can do when she no only has her own physical strength, but half of my magical power as well.

The girl takes to destructive magic like a fish to water. I'd be worried if she wasn't on my side.

I make heavy use of buffs and debuffs. One of my themes is "the most annoying possible guy to fight", so I've got a lot of automatic spells that debuff anyone I'm in a conflict with. Sensory deprivation, physical weakness, tools breaking down, counter-magic, spontaneous changes in local friction or gravity, psychological torment, increased flammability of bodily fluids, terrible luck, being haunted by ghosts...if you actually get close enough to hit me I've done something very wrong. Buffs are in a similar situation, I make a habit of enhancing anyone working with me. Increased durability and healing, intelligence augmentation, mystical power boosts, good luck, all sorts of nice things. Never fight fair, give your enemies every possible problem and your allies every possible advantage.

Plenty of characters capable of resurrecting, healing, and other nonsense. Not many that can recover from being blinded, slowed, having weaknesses increases on them, so on and so forth.

If I use first magic to make something, like say I use it to make a sword, but I cast it using an overcharged spell using abyss of magic from overlord and dump flat out incandescent mass fuck you amounts of mana into the spell could I make what amounts to a high level NP sword? Or like what happens here (other than autism and fanwank)?

I have not really gone to any real wars in my current chain. I was technically present for a battle one time in redwall (Damn vermin trying to ruin my vacation). But well... the last time a Student of Cain went up against tens of thousands of dudes with swords it involved a donkeys jawbone.

I doubt it. The First Magic is anentropic, the amount of energy it consumes doesn't determine the results. So overloading a spell based on it shouldn't actually do anything different than normal. If you wanted to make a powerful sword you'd just direct it to make a powerful sword.

The First Magic can make anything that could exist, with or without Abyss of Magic. IMO Wishcraft from the Fate Kaleid jump is better for the First Magic, assuming you accumulate enough magic energy.

So I am better off going through this with wish magic then I suppose. Thanks.

Thanks as well.

I make heavy use of the D&D Contingency spell. It's not only useful, it can also be used for fun and entertainment.

>evil wizard summons demon
>contingency activates: audible glamour is cast
>every time the demon moves or does anything, it's set to comedy fat guy tuba music

For Resident Evil, would Mold count as a parasite or something else?

I would expect that if anything rather than a higher quality sword, you would get more swords.

Yeah, but you have to carry around a bunch of little carvings of yourself made of ivory, if you're using Contingency. Sounds kind of annoying to deal with, even if you've got extradimensional storage space.

It would be a parasite, yes. There are plenty of fungal parasites. Horrifying, horrifying fungal parasites.

Alright, thank you. This makes formatting easier.

Er, not really? I mean more that you have an actual store of it inside you. It doesn't need to be something that can never be depleted but it does have to be something that you naturally store within you and isn't just momentarily produced by your actions. If you had a technique that let you make a tiny bit of magical antimatter and then throw it at someone, that wouldn't work, because you're just making it instantly and using it, you're not storing it like you would naturally store chakra or mana.

If someone sealed it away, you wouldn't be able to generate the knight arm. If you already had the knight arm out, it'd depend on what exactly they did. If they just sealed any expression of that energy, the knight arm disappears. If they just stopped your ability to generate it, the knight arm would stay since it's already generated.

Kinda just sounds like GoB to me.

No, he'd just summon them back. Though if he hates you enough he might just leave them/prevent their use without taking them back. They'd disappear if you tried to leave without him, unless you had a method of transferring the connection they have to him to you.

Who knows.

While A ranks do get pretty buff conceptually, in raw power terms they only get that strong in GO. They're not even close to that outside of GO.

Okay, that made me laugh. Excellent taste.
youtube.com/watch?v=d0aIqx1McVI

That's what a good Charm Pouch is for. The one from Secret of Evermore works nicely.

>MFW you reminded me of that one horrifying crab parasite.

So do you think it's ready for the drive? I think I've accounted for most of the issues, so I'm hoping that I'm about at the end of it. If there's anything left to add or correct, please let me know.

CORDYCEPS BABYYYYYYY

Oh god why?!

>That's what a good Charm Pouch is for. The one from Secret of Evermore works nicely.
Sure, but it would still be annoying. You've got all this space you could be using for other things filled up with statues. A statue for every single casting of the spell, they only work once each between castings of Contingency (and actually, by RAW, you can only have one Contingency at a time, but let's assume they've fixed that problem with some metamagic). Your inventory would be full of the damn things.

It's okay. Here's a happier picture.

one of the main themes of my jumper was being a bard so she is all about the buffs and debuffs. It can be brutally effective too. Sitting back and powering up 8 highly skilled companions can be brutally effective, especially if you add summons and they add summons of their own. Soon you have an army.

More than gone it was me being pulled into one? In generic isekai a monster lord felt me a threat to their life and after assassination attempts pittered out they brought an army forward. In Macross the Vajra just rolled up and started wrecking my concert. In FFTA there were multiple clan wars but I just sat at the side and played dramatically (in)appropriate music for bgm purposes. The only time I went to war of my own accord was Beelzebub where I rolled Hell and waged a one slime war against nature trying to find the exit.

Let me preface this by saying:

Infinity is dumb. Infinity is so fucking dumb, and I'm an asshole for using it and it's just dumb. Completely and utterly dumb.

With that out of the way, I have every jumpchain-available RPG and similar system's list of Buffs running simultaneously, with a thin veneer of an anti-anti-magic shell on top in the event of some smarmy motherfucker trying to run an anti-magic cleanse. A lot of it stacks, a lot of it's just redundancies, but it's all on all the time. Forgotten Realms, Ravenloft, Persona*, SMT*, Soul Hackers*, MtG, Cardfight! Vanguard, World of Warcraft, Aion, Elona, Bravely Default, Erfworld, Dragon Age, Gothic, all the Final Fantasies, Warhams, Dragon's Crown, all the Fire Emblems, Etrian Odyssey, Overlord, Log Horizon, the various magic-applicable World of Darkness stuff, Arcanum, various applicable Exalted shit from Sorceries-

Like I said.

Dumb.

*assuming these count as magic. I think they do, but there's always the argument otherwise given Megaten's weird bullshit.

Not him but

>Kinda just sounds like GoB to me.
Is that a valid use of a marble?

>Who knows
Riding all knight long.

Hows the weather in rooland? Any spider rain lately?

THAT'S THE ONE I WAS THINKING OF IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Yeah, true, but Jumpers collect some pretty crazy things anyways. Still, you could always create your own version of Contingency that allows you to have more than one on at a time and discards the focus. It might end up as an epic spell, but if you're using contingencies to follow enemy demons around with a tuba, you've got more magic than sense. And I approve.

Infinity+ gradation air, make so many swords, trace so many nps.

I'd really suggest otherwise but it's a valid use, just that it'd be super expensive compared to getting the NP version since unlike the NP, where you just activated it once and keep it open as long as you want, the RM would require you to activate it partially for every single use.

>Infinity
Was ist?

Why is Illidan such a fucking retard?

>Infinity
>using a jump from somebody who chased you out of IRC

Pathetic.

It's a perk that causes every spell to work infinitely. So a spell that creates a storm is now permanent.

Because Illidan is a sock puppet meant to let any edgy fanboy slip inside.

Sandshrew, Cubone, or Kabuto?

That's baller as fuck. Where can I pick it up?

Seven Deadly Sins, based on Merlin. Her immortality is the result of a spell being extended by Infinity.

Seven Deadly Sins. 1200 CP

It's possible to separate a person from the things they create, user.

Plenty of really good artists are scumbags.

Because if he's never prepared, his enemies aren't either.

That's an impossible choice.

Fuck.

Can you imagine Infinity on a debuff like Corruption? Normally shit that'd tick damage so lightly before it drops off, but not it's just... sticking around, endlessly. It never stops killing you.

There's also the Eyes of Permanence from Generic Isekai. Which does the same thing.

>Infinity+ gradation air, make so many swords, trace so many nps.
1. You could be using the much more easily accessible Mystic Eyes of Permanence
2. Good Idea.
3. Infinity + Reality Marble

Until SoftAnon starts answering questions, his jump's a taboo topic.

Fuck off.

It'll be a cold day in /jc/ before anyone cares enough about what you say to write off an entire jump.

Yeah, you don't get to decide what's taboo you goddamn shitstain.

Got any lifesteal attacks, /jc/? Which's your favorite?

Still not clear on what exactly these questions that he's not answering even are.

So is there a list of current claims?

You don't commission scumbag artists if you dislike them. That would be supporting their behavior.

Same logic here.

Speed stealing with the Speed Force.

Zamasu please go.

I know, I'm trying to figure out what my starter is going to be and I like all of them. Right now I'm leaning towards Cubone, because it might make for a better story, but Kabuto also makes sense and has the added benefit of being awesome while Sandshrew makes the most sense given my starting region of Orre and myy Hermit origin, and also would also give me an extra 150 CP to spend since I wouldn't need to pay for an out of region Pokemon.

>Orre

You poor thing.

>Orre
You poor son of a bitch. Starting in a region that's mostly desert, with like five cities, barely any Pokemon, and one of the more competent, dangerous Teams plus a less competent but still dangerous team.

If you took Apotheosis in DBZ, would you still count as a ningen?

I have no idea, but he's not above killing other gods. RIP Gowasu.

Probably, since you were a NINGEN once, and then became a god. Goku and Vegeta did that as well, and he still considers them NINGEN.

I always figured that the lack of wild Pokemon was more of a gameplay thing. That or Duking being a dumb dumb and only looking for them in the middle of the desert when there's forest and grasslands and shit in the west.

Plus, I feel like the Teams won't be so much of a problem, due to the hermit that raised me in my backstory.

>While A ranks do get pretty buff conceptually, in raw power terms they only get that strong in GO. They're not even close to that outside of GO.
Ain't power creep fun. Besides that Caladbolg is super effective against the ground because of its legend. Only thing that really gets close to that is stuff like Excalibur or Vasavi Shakti.

>Finally get around to reading those snake people SCPs from a few days ago.
>Dude basically tries to twist around the ancient Chinese as being the best, most advanced, and superior civilization and people of all ever.

I know we had a bunch of theme music, and such in past threads. This post isn't about that. Instead I want to know what songs you listen to for inspiration for combat, sword related or inspired if you have anything that specific. Working on a swordsman chain and I could use it if you have it.

U wot m8

>Emperor is seduced by the Brass Dragon's power over flesh, corrupts the country from the inside out
>Remnants of snake people in the modern era are defeatest exiles

Also there's plenty other ancient civilisations lying around.

Ah, Saculena. One of the few parasites in nature that gives a gender reassignment. If it worked on humans, I wonder how many crazies would seek it out.