Which of the Four Chaos Gods do modern day Christians worship in the 40k timeline?

Which of the Four Chaos Gods do modern day Christians worship in the 40k timeline?

Or is 'god' an amalgamation of the four? Given the different traits he apparently has.

Not every religion ever is Chaos-tainted. The lore heavily implies that the Emperor was Jesus and it was a project of his to uplift humanity.

>Which of the Four Chaos Gods do modern day Christians worship in the 40k timeline?

None.
Yaweh is probably just some pissant little warp god.

It would be cool if the Emperor's power increased from all the prayers to Jesus/Yahweh over the years

Jesus was an avatar of the future Emperor of Mankind.

His power has increased from the 10k years of 1000 psykers a day being sacrificed, does that count?

Da Emperor was a turbo atheist who hated religion.

>Loves all living things unconditionally
>Wants to relieve everyone's suffering
>Grants everyone a place in afterlife
>Celebrates martyrs
>Often seems incomprehensible and illogical because love for all beings is equal, even the lowliest
>You are going to suffer SOOOOO much in this life, and I'm not going to fix that, but if you have me in your heart (or lungs, or liver) you won't feel the pain and can rest assured it is for the greater good of all life
You mean pappa nurgle?

Newest lore has it that the Emperor didn't get his reality-bending powers until ~20k. Before then he was an immortal Psyker but not Full Emps, so no faith-powers.

I'm finding it hard to fault this.

No nurgle is Buddha.

Jesus tells his followers to hope, nurgle is the god of despair.

>Message of hope
>Everything is part of a great, unknowable plan beyond human comprehension
>Frequent use of fire imagery
>Supernatural followers are either somewhat avian or completely abstract in form
>Encourages victory by cunning and manipulation over military force

This is some serious fucking blasphemy right here. Though I have to admit, for all that it may be blasphemous and have a point. At least we can all agree it probably isn't Khorne and Slaanesh.

Tzeentch. Christians' cop-out for everything is " God has a plan."

Nurgle is the right answer. Check out 1 Peter with it's repeated claims that suffering is a means of spiritual growth. You'll find similar arguments throughout Christian theology focusing on the suffering of Christ.

Also take a look at the book of Lamentations and try finding much hope, that shit is just depressing (and earns my vote for the most metal book in the Bible.)

That was my thought as soon as I read the thread question. It's not khorne for obvious reason, Papa Nurgle could be a distorted Yaweh but still a stretch, and definitely not Slaneesh because there isn't a pride requirement. Tzeentch definitely fits it the most because of the whole "God has a plan" thing and only has ever stepped into peoples lives when he needed things to go his way.

>emps is jesus
But that's wrong, you cockgoblin, emps was a rabid atheist that preached enlightenment, his avatar is Buddha.

>Jesus returned as an atheist in the Himalayas

>Old Testament God=Tzeench
>New Testament God=Nurgle

So what happened that caused the Power-Switch?

The Emperor exterminated every religion left on Earth before establishing the Imperium.

>Christians worship Tzeentch
>Muslims definitely worship Khorne

So where does this put the Jews?

I don't know about them themselves, but they've fomented a cult of Slaanesh in most western countries.

slaneesh is definitely my god
>cute
>tranny
>nasty
i imagine the kind of things she/he is willing to do in the bed...

degenerate

Maybe Jesus is a really annoying shit and getting rid of him for 33 years allowed god to mellow out a bit.

Even through the question is silly, none of them would accurately represent him because God shows considerable good traits of each of the chaos gods. The chaos gods are representation of determined feelings and thus cannot be used to God or whatever other complex being such as humans.

That's pretty bullshit. Perpetuals in general are bullshit, but that's extra bullshit.

If you think that's bullshit, then I implore you, stay away from any further HH novels. You'll explode.

>but the emperor was an atheist

Well I'm pretty sure Jesus wasn't a Christian.