He plays with replaceable strangers and not with his trusty friends

>he plays with replaceable strangers and not with his trusty friends
>he sees people as a means to play a game with instead of trying to get everyone to have fun
>he only comes to Veeky Forums to talk about things he dislikes

this board makes me sad

>implying Veeky Forums plays games

What constitutes a trusty friend? Would you loan the man a grand with no proof or certificate of doing so and expect him to pay it back?

Not much of a choice if none of his trusty friends can be arsed to play.

The only living human being I would do this for is my brother, or one of my two friends living on the other side of the country whose lives are shit and I know it

They're all also too proud to ever take said money, which makes it kind of an easy bet to take. Still.

>Not turning replaceable strangers into trusted friends over the course of the campaign

pleb

I don't really have enough 'friends' in one group to game with, and have learned not to mix groups together.

I wouldn't do that for anyone, though. Even my closest friends would have a receipt written up and signed by both of us, just to have it on record.
I'd also feel uncomfortable with it being a weight on the shoulders of anyone I actually care about, though, and wouldn't even think of charging interest. Better it come from me than some scumbag banker, but that shit still destroys friendships.

Otherwise, I refuse to play with people who I don't know. This, session -1 is me talking to the rest of the group and getting to know them and getting a feel for their personalities, their knowledge of the game, and whether I'd want to play with them.
Session 0 is character creation still, but we'd be working on concepts during -1.

I was tired of everything being a compromise.

I'm only guilty with one of them

I only have one friend who is interested in ttrpg, I'll try to play with now that he is in my city, as he have a way bigger circle of friend than I have, I'm sure we'll manage to make a solid group
Though it's pretty nice to play with stranger, every game at my lgs has been good so far, no that guy, good gm and good player (although some of them where shy as they were new to the hobby)

None of my friends like roleplaying games and I couldn't talk them into it in a million years.

This. This!

no, what you do is you cycle through replacable strangers and keep the ones that should become your trusty friends.

>his trusty friends
I literally have no friends.

All my real friends moved away last year.

I befriended my roleplaying group through time and also doing things other than roleplaying with them. I think having variety in your activities makes your social life more balanced or something.

>>he plays with replaceable strangers and not with his trusty friends
Jokes on you! I have neither friends, nor replaceable strangers to play with!
>>he only comes to Veeky Forums to talk about things he dislikes
Jokes on you! I come to Veeky Forums to pirate rulebooks to read and participate in filename threads!

That's sad.
That's also what I do, too.

We get closer to /v every day I have some friends I'd give a grand with no expectations of being played back if they really needed it.

gotta vent somewhere. i only play with friends, myself.

Yeah, in my experience TTRPGs are a pretty good way of making friends. They're inherently a social activity, with participants having at least some interests in common. These days I generally play with friends, or with people at least one of my friends knows and considers a good guy, but I started out playing with near-strangers who today make up a big and part of my social circle.

If you really enjoy playing games why does it matter with whom you play them?

>Not seeing people as flannels
Fuck you and your "fun". It's this disgusting normalfag attitude that ruined tabletop.

haha me too thanks

>playing RPGs
>having friends at all
>not creating stats for characters exclusively to create detailed numerical metrics to jack off to later

The social experience is critical to the enjoyment of the game.

Otherwise just play videogames.

>friends
I haven't had friends since university.
I haven't had close friends I'd actually consider playing Veeky Forums with since high school.

I hate life. Or rather, I hate how unprepared I was for life. Worst of all, I don't even know how to change it. There are a trillion dating sites, yet none dedicated to just finding a good buddy. No, AdultFriendFinder isn't such a website despite the name.

>he has had friends since puberty
>he doesn't browse this board simply for inspiration to create the ultimate personalized worldbuilding effort
>he doesn't live by himself as a god in a world of his own creation

We aren't all like that user.

Go to a local game shop cunt

>he's a beer n' pretzels pleb
>he uses stupid reasoning and makes broad overgeneralizations
>he posts like a tard without capitalization or punctuation

You make me sad, OP.