Talislanta thread!

Talislanta thread!

Who here's interested in a weird post-apoc fantasy world inspired by the fantasy novels of Jack Vance, and by other sources such as H.P. Lovecraft’s The Dreamlands, Michael Moorcock’s Elric novels, and The Travels of Marco Polo?

The game is set in a strange world of twin suns and seven moons that's overflowing with exotic peoples, places, and creatures. The time is the New Age, a Renaissance-like period 600 years after The Great Disaster, a cataclysm that marked the fall of the space wizards of the Archaen Age.

Talislanta has seas of glass, phytomantic bird-people, tattooed clone warriors, transmutation wizards who use quintessence to change storms into crystals, sindarans with two brains, warring cultists who have taken over entire nations, elemental demons, ice schooners running on glaciers, windships manned by astromancers, beastmen mutants riding two-headed mini-dragons, and a whole lot more stuff that's a combo of every prog-rock album cover you've ever seen.

All the books are free, legally: talislanta.com/?page_id=5
Facebook group: fb.com/groups/2211928311
G+ group: plus.google.com/communities/116551534357549477172
Rpg.net review: rpg.net/reviews/archive/10/10196.phtml

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kudBb2mRs_s
peedeepages.com/talislanta/pdf/1e/final/optimized/chronicles_of_talislanta.pdf
futurolog.wordpress.com/
meetup.com/Toronto-Area-Gamers/events/242862619/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good thing the site is up again after we used up all the traffic before.

Good golly, yes. Must have been a tidal wave of all of 7 people downloading at the same time, unprecedented popularity.

Looks like it's just me and you, Tal-user.

Where you from? I'm in Toronto.

Which books should I read if I want to incorporate Talistanta stuff into my 5e game? Like the most Talisanta-theme/feel stuff?

This game rocks

Germany

The Chronicles of Talislanta is a pure lore book.

youtube.com/watch?v=kudBb2mRs_s

Yes, The Chronicles of Talislanta. This book right here:

peedeepages.com/talislanta/pdf/1e/final/optimized/chronicles_of_talislanta.pdf

New stuff on the Talislanta Incognita blog:

futurolog.wordpress.com/

Holy shit, this fucking radical. I need to read more Talislanta

Is there an adventure book/books? It's super nice so far.

3e
Scent of the Beast, Quantrique, Submen Rising

You know, this is some solid fucking shit, I know what system I'll be using next week. Thanks OP.

Hey, great, enjoy! It's a fun game and a cool world.

If you run a game tell us how it goes.

Sure thing man, I'm really liking this, might even splurge and buy the actual book.

I'm only like an hour or so North of Chrawnna!

That might be more difficult than you think. It's out of print. The last company that tried to publish Tal 5th Edition went out of business 5 years ago.

You can, however, download the PDFs in high quality and print them yourself if you like.

What, Parry Sound?

Get yer ass down 'ere then!

Quite why SMS has yet to realise Print-on-Demand exists, we will never know.

Yeah about there. Ya got a game?

I do. At Ryerson downtown. But last time we had 6 players so it's getting crowded. But if you think it's worth the trip...

meetup.com/Toronto-Area-Gamers/events/242862619/