So what's your favorite Ixalan basic land, Veeky Forums?

So what's your favorite Ixalan basic land, Veeky Forums?

Is it the plains with Jace, the island with Jace, the swamp with Jace, the mountain with Jace or the forest with Jace?

You know there's like 10 other basic lands, right?

My favorite is Jace being fucking lost in the wilderness

>be crossboarding lurker
>see this thread
> google “mtg jace” and read the wiki
Is this someone's special snowflake OC?

This is my favorite Island from all sets

Nah, he is Urza's successor as the "face" of Magic. Magic always had retarded 2speciual4you characters as leads

He's the wizard every teenager wants to be, apparently, so WotC made him sorta the main character of the brand a while ago. Though now he's part of a team of wizards, which just got owned by a dragon.

>Not getting 25 foils of each to play across all formats to demostrate your love for Jace

Step up your game sempai

Jace is love. Jace is life.

I love how Wizards swears he's not supposed to be the main character and they go and pull this shit.
Seriously, give us more Ajani, Garruk, Sarkhan, literally anyone else.

Sometimes I wonder how much people would love Jace if they just... took him away. That seems to be the through line here. Seriously there is no likable aspect of Sarkhan. Also I have strong doubts they ever said "Jace isn't a main character" considering he is actively acknowledged and used as the face of the game.

Man, woulnt it be fun to see whats happening with garruk? He's a cool AF planeswalker imo. A bit more interesting than the current green planeswalker of the gatewatch. cant even remember her name. Also i like his silly-ass helmet.

>literally anyone else

that includes gideon, please no.

We're probably going to get lands like this for every Gatewatch member when we inevitably visit the planes they all landed on.

Probably not considering the theme for Jace in this set was a lost and alone castaway. Showing him being that on lands made sense. We odn't know exactly how the other Gatewatch memebers will be dealing with where they went but considering how and why Jace landed on Ixalan (randomly planeswalked, lost his memories) I doubt anyone of them will replicate the loneliness the lands are meant to show.

>BUHHHH WHERE ARE MUH BARA HUSBANDOOOS ;_;

Nobody cares about the characters you want to pound your boipussy, faggot

I can't wait until they show the other Ixalan basic lands so that people stop thinking these are the only ones.

Anyone who has ever heard of magic the fucking gathering before knows they don't put one of each god damn basic in a large set. Showing the others wouldn't fix anything. It's the principle of the thing I guess.

John Cena wizard.

poor little white boi

I kinda unironically like that mountain. Didn't even notice it was Jace in there until you pointed it out.

You would think that, but people are idiots so no, at least some in this very thread think these are the only basic lands in Ixalan.

>no likeable aspect of Sarkhan
bitch, dragons rule, mammals suck, get over it

I like Sarkhan's cards and tarkir at least

t. rapey manlet

none of them get close to Avon

Why does WotC have such a hard on for blue?

It sells, because players like playing it because they can think it makes them the smartest wizards.

I love the one where he contemplates suicide

>still playing MTG
Y tho?

Does that make Bolas the Lesnar of MtG?

Reminder that Urza had flaws and was allowed to lose on a pretty regular basis. Also he fucking died, which Jace refuses to do.

I thought Sarkhan had a pretty good arc in the Tarkir set. Would love to see him and his waifu Narset again.

Hopefully they at least make a decent arc with Gideon being humbled by his defeat, maybe cross paths with the planeswalker predator that is Garruk, despite the cliche of white vs black.

He didnt have an "arc" in the tarkir set. He learned nothing. He wanted a thing and he got it and he was happy with it. That isnt an "arc". This especially bothers me because wizards wanted to paint it as a bad thing that the dragons were back.

The dragons' return being a bad thing is half a clumsy plot development and half pure spite from the creative team, because literally only MaRo and the at-the-time director (Who also left the instant afterwards) wanted to actually have a 5 color dragon set, because "Market Research shows that people like dragons"

Fucking hell, I just wanted a wedge set.

I'm hoping Garruk will be wherever Liliana fled to. I want to see her suffer for her hubris at the hands of the monster she created.

It wasnt really a "bad" thing. The dragons did exactly what the khans did, they created factions and fought each other in perpetual conflict.

That too. Garruk pretty much embraced what he became, but I would like to see a resolution to his plot.

Only in this case all of the dragontribes (with the kind of exception of Dromoka, her whole problem is more just totalitarianism) all of them have both caused massive, unfixable damage to the plane (No more loxodons, all the rainforests are dead, no one even knows that there were even khans) but that also unlike the khans, the dragons will never actually stop fighting. The Khans could eventually try a diplomatic solution, their cultural differences being non-insurmountable. Hell, even the Mardu had a functioning honor system that meant that you theoretically could treat with them. The dragons aren't going to do shit like that, they'll keep fighting forever until the plane collapses under their weight.

more like collapses under Atarka's weight, the fat bitch

>Ugin is responsible for the storms that birth dragons and gave the clans the magic to manifest/morph
>Surely the dragons at least know of their progenitor
>Ugin's probably just fucked off back to Tarkir or elsewhere after seeing the Gatewatch
>Of course the best way to unite people is against a common enemy
>Say, an invading army of eternals?

Why did Bolas fight Ugin anyway? For shits and gigs? All apart of his plan to see the Eldrazi released? I want to keep riding his ruse cruise.

And Jace has spent a majority of his time being completely manipulated by others while seeking independence and a sense of self-identity. His only personal victories are minor in relation to the scope of his stories, and he's been brought to heel before another multiple times.

Hey now Sulimgar is a fat lazy piece of shit too.

Hey now, its almost like you expect anybody bitching about how horrible Jace to actually know anything about his actual history.

is that seriously fucking jace on all of them

fucking

i can't decide if i should be mad or confused

It's jace, wandering around post MIND CRUSH, confused as to what the fuck's going on or where he is.

Its a good island. It was printed in tenth, right? I think those are the strongest collection of basic land arts in any set.

Bolas is the undertaker. An amazing undefeated streak until he gets killed in a shitty event when his character is considered to old for the audience

No, Mark was the one who planned for the third block to be a "bad" result. That's the trope. Stuff is bad, someone goes back in time to fix it, turns out they fucked shit up even worse. Problem is the world is pretty much the same just with dragons, and Sarkhan has no problem with that, so there's no sense that things are "worse". The idea is that all the humanoids are slaves to the dragons now but at least 2 of the clans actively treat their humanoids well relatively speaking (Dromoka and Ojutai, I was REALLY weirded out by how okay Ojutai was with Narset discovering the forbidden information about the past considering he was the dragonlord that pushed for history to be erased and for the people to view the dragons as their one and only leaders and he's SAID to be extremely strict, fascist, and dogmatic, narrowing his clan's worldview so he has total control over it), and Sultai and the Mardu weren't exactly super nice people to be with before anyway, though they did get worse.

I think it was pretty much just chalked up to Ugin is so powerful that Bolas viewed him a threat, and vague hints about how Ugin may or not be a Bolas-type Elder Dragon

>Friend Dromoka
>Dear Leader Ojutai
Yeah, they're better than the saturday morning cartoon villain, the murderhobo, and the walking ecological disaster, but they still aren't very good to their humanoids.

I mean, did you READ the story about Narset discovering the archives Shu Yun stowed away during Khanfall? Ojutai was practically PROUD of her for discovering the truth.

She's an autistic factfinding machine. Getting mad at her for doing her sole purpose in life is just gonna piss her off. The question is whether she does anything with the information other than learn it, then go right back to being a librarian.