If you could make a golem out of any material, modern or otherwise, what would be the best material to make one out of?

If you could make a golem out of any material, modern or otherwise, what would be the best material to make one out of?

Other urls found in this thread:

what-if.xkcd.com/140/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Neutronium.

Carbon fiber, because then he'd look hella fast.

I came here to post this. Since my job has been fulfilled and I am not inclined in amy field that would help in this matter, I will simply bump this thread becuase I have nothing else to do.

Sphere of Annihilation Golem for the win! But where would I keep it?

I pity the man who has something else to do and yet is on Veeky Forums.

Phazon.

Ice 9.

>Obligatory anti-matter golem.

Chlorine gas.

Quarks.

Tungsten Carbide.

As if there's any other choice

>mfw we are all quark golems

Wouldn't it be brittle and easily snapped? Hardness doesn't always equal durability.

Negative matter.

Smaller Golems

Golems.

Dis nigga knows what's up

So do you deal with this by like, Wishing it out of existance, or sending it into a star?

Pic related.
>"But how does it not explode instantly?"
Magic "skin"

Reminder that Neutronium, properly known as neutron degenerate matter, is like a gas formed under the high pressures found in Neutron stars, and would not behave like a super hard metal in Earthlike pressure conditions.

Enjoy your neuro-normative cognition, normalfags.

Can I make multiple golems? Any shape I want as long as I have the raw materials?

If I only get one, then I'd make it out of some cool shit like titanium

If I can make multiples, then stone or iron.

Computronium

You're a fucking idiot, stop talking about things you know nothing about.

Neutron degenerate matter is it's own state. Calling it a gas is like calling a circle a square.

No it's not. I said it was LIKE a gas, not a gas, and it's just a simplification for a traditional games message board, you tryhard, pretentious prick. Now fuck off and cry somewhere.

Be a deity, have infinite constitution, infinite strength, and immunity to death effects.

Lure it away from any star system that's relevant to you and punch it.

Funnily enough, you still lose some of your HP, unless infinite con also gives infinite regeneration, not sure about this.

Flourine gas.

I think it's more like a liquid, actually. A super-conducting, frictionless liquid made of neutrons.

Go big or go home. Chlorine tri-fluoride is even worse than fluoride, and produces acidic bone-eating toxic fumes as a side-effect of burninating everything it looks at.

Infinite Regen is a separate ability

INDISSOLUBLE (EX)
You possess amaranthine stoicism.
Prerequisites: Fast Healing 250.
Benefit: You possess infinite fast healing. You are restored to full health
at the beginning of the next round.
Special: To physically defeat you, your opponents must reduce your
hit points to -10 or lower within a single round, since you start each round
with full hit points (unless you have been killed).

As opposed to Omnific Toughness wich gives you Infinite Hit Points

Nth Metal

Quintessence

fears and regrets

No, chemist! That doesn't want to be matter.

The paragon of materials!

Now imagine the scare it'll put into the enemy!

Dioxygen difluoride, chlorine trifluoride, or HO_5.

Xeelee construction material

>HO_5
Got a name for this chemical, because Google's giving me capsaicin.

Silver

Electrons

what-if.xkcd.com/140/

Silly user, diamonds are the strongest metal known the man.

>Enjoy your neuro-normative cognition, normalfags.

>Look at me I had a knowledge base others didnt, im a fucking snowflake autist.

Fuck people like you are cancer and far more neurotypical than you are even capable of knowing.

Time

> If you could make a golem out of any material, modern or otherwise, what would be the best material to make one out of?
"I can't believe it's not butter!".

The structure is HOOOOOH, an ionized product of peroxide and ozone. Highly unstable, oxidizes pretty much anything very quickly.

>Neutronium

So your golem just fell through the ground because it's too heavy for the ground to support its weight.

Now, depending on your cosmology, you either have an immobile neutronium golem at either the center of the planet, in a hole at the bottom layer of hell, or making a small crack in the shell of a really big turtle.

Depends on what you want.
>waifu
Flesh.
>assassin
Some kind of invisible gas golem.
>bodyguard
WBN

You could find other purposes for a golem, something about strong magnetism or electicity. Maybe something about heat.

How would a cancer golem be like?

Why not a spicy golem?

A constantly mutating, pulsating mass of flesh that lashes out on everything nearby?

Tendies

A 4channer.

Mud, mud is cool.

That's not a golem, that's a jupiter brain.

Titanium is only useful in a few highly specific circumstances
Like say if weight restrictions mattered because you were putting it on a boat or wanted it to fly or so, then yes
Otherwise, use high grade steel instead

In GURPS Technomancer, the US started using iron golems in the Vietnam war. They were often trapped in mud, so it switched to titanium for the military and molded plastic for civilian labor.

>If you could make a golem out of any material, modern or otherwise, what would be the best material to make one out of?
Adamantite nanites.

Clay, you fucking plebs

Carbon nanotube buckyballs.

Lexan golem would be pretty cool. Back in the day, there were Stained Glass golems. So a lava-lamp golem made of pressed layers of colored lexan with pressurized alchemical elixers flowing through the interior pockets would be pretty awesome.

You don't.
Its meant to be like the lady of pain, but actually stated.

...Super Compressed air?

I'd honestly just go for a Carbon Elemental...
Have ALL the Carbon Nanostructures, changing formation as you wish.

>mud is cool.
Ice is cooler

oxygen, literally can't be destroyed

Dads

Uranium, then make it wield a rod of reactive material it can thrust into itself to trigger a nuclear explosion whenever needed

I don't know what I'd make it out of, but I'd paint it in a layer of that Vantablack stuff just for kicks.

Depends on how big it is, user

>make very, very tiny computronium golem
>maybe about the size of a goblin or halfling
>it's already smarter than most people; sell them as conveniently sized advisors to the king

>make person sized computronium golem; as smart as, or even smarter than, the greatest of wizards and academics the world has ever seen
>install it as the head of entire nations

>make giant sized computronium golem
>chain it down and imprison it in a mountain as an oracle

Diamond te hardest metal know to man

Pretty sure Neutronium is still gonna be denser than most conventional solids, even at Earth level pressure.

It's own gravity will compress it down, regardless of pressure.

Maxamet

>an Earth-sized planet would have roughly 122,880 hp

That's it?

Yes but all huge shit has a damage threshold that you have to exceed before they take anything at all. It doesn't matter if the castle wall only has 60 hp, you whacking it for 1 damage with a sword will never destroy the wall since you have to do 20 at once just to even dent it.

Inb4 quark gluon plasma golem or black hole golem. Just go with big crunch golem.

Heh

Foreskin

Darksteel, my dudes. Lightweight, AND indestructible. I'm not trying to skirt the lines between a "suit of armor" and "power armor," my answers would be different. So for this question, darksteel from Mirrodin works.

I'm retarted and while reading responses, thought people were talking about armor and not golems because I forgot. I am stupid.

titanium.
>relatively lightweight, so it doesn't sink into the dirt.
>hard. difficult to pierce and embedded blades can hold their sharpness.
>strong, difficult to crack and bend.
>100% plausible.

Pumice, so i can use him as a boat in case of floods.

I'll make my golem out of golems. It will be the Golem Golem.

TNT

time for fun

C4 for controlled booms, Tannerite for funtimes when they get attacked

also lead shot. Ice works great vs. these

gunpowder

You read Iron Council by any chance? The description of the time golem there was pretty memorable.

Aerogel

>golem that can jump several miles high in a single bound
>strong enough to support several thousand times its weight

stem cells

That would be Dragonforce.

>So do you deal with this by like, Wishing it out of existance, or sending it into a star?
You mix timeless body, time stop, and a arcane fusioned vile damage lesser acid orb to kill it with a 20 sorc.
Or you just throw something at it with a hulking hurler for enough damage to kill him and his whole genealogy.

(You)
Or i forgot the best one: you bring a epic binder to summon a orb of annihilation, and then you use the orb on the creature. That should kill it, too.

Solar radiation

Love

BEE GOLEM

Dark Matter???

the collective thoughts of the average Veeky Forums user

fpbp

Bioplastics or orbs of annihilation.

Carbon is arguably the best answer. The ability to create nano structures on the fly allows the golem to shapeshift. Plus being able to harden into diamond is a huge bonus

Already been done

Goodness me that's a lot of nitrogen vaguely held together.