Could the Starship Troopers Mobile Infantry take on the Imperial Guard?

Could the Starship Troopers Mobile Infantry take on the Imperial Guard?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QND6Q044Crk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Movie or book?

Book

Wh40k it's so stupid than it can go any way depending of the canon. Also they would loose if they need SPACE MARINES to save the day, or not if they want to portray the guard in a good light (something not done very much of late).

Do you mean the guys whose power armor is better than Space Marines, has lasers and nuclear missiles and such?

I think so. A single trooper is suposed to win a column of tanks according to the book, and they seem too maneuverable to be shot by artillery.

I guess it will be an extreme case of quality X quantity.

Could the SAS defeat the entire Russian military? Your question has too many variables, too many options - on a regiment per regiment basis? Mobile infantry have a better average. Entire military? The Imperial guard is limitless.

So about a crisis suit? I don't think a trooper could take a hit from a meltagun better than anyone else.

He's wrote about taking on, not defeating.

It can jumpjet kilometres in seconds and shit out nuclear bombs along with various smart munitions on top of having the equivalent to a heavy flamer and heavy bolter integrated into the armour, a single PA trooper is significantly more effective then a crysis suit. Although I'm sure a melta would kill it if it hit.

Im gonna give this to the MI , because lorewise like 12 dudes are enough to subjugate a planet

>Could the SAS defeat the entire Russian military?
Sounds like a great idea for MMA 40k. Dark Eldars could kidnap them and pit them against each other in one of their arenas. Then broadcast it to the Imperium.

Movie version (Marauder) is like Tau crisis suit, so it could take on a Space Marine one on one. Also sweet nudes in Marauder.

Y'all know there is a new movie coming out right?

They have armor that somewhere between carapace and power armor in it, it's kind of cool.

watched some of it the other its pretty awful, but the armour is cool

If book it's not even a question, MI would destroy them. They can jump a mile at a time firing mini h-bombs that can take out entire factories aswell as a dozen other weapons while doing so. They would probably whipe the floor with space marines. MI is OP as fuck.

Why would they when there is bug to kill?

ST was basically 40k before 40k but done more realistically with more well thought out. The Mobile Infantry suits were basically high speed flying tanks with mini-nukes and huge arrays of weapons. The Guard are well armed, don't get me wrong, but they're just brainwashed idiots thrown into a meat grinder. Realistically the MI would just zip over their trenches at mach 3 while dropping nuclear scatter bombs and things would be over.

Yes. The Mobile Infantry have nuclear bombs as standard weapons, and high-powered lasers that are effectively lascannons.

They're more grotesquely overarmed than Space Marines (who actually have a relatively restrained loadout) and they move like Crisis Suits. Arguably, they're in mini-Gundams.

Straight book wise, MI are gonna win. I think a more interesting scenario would be with the MI from the new CGi movies where they have armor similar to Halo Mjolnir (without shields) or the cartoon where it's somewhat still the Mjolnir armor. Those troopers and their maruaders would still be on par with space marines in my opinion, so it wouldn't be a slaughter but an actual fight.

book MI would easily cut through 40k marines

Are we talking Imperial Guards without any fleet support or artillery? No tanks?

what models are those?

How good are mobile infantry at defending targets ?

Which means leaving it habitable afterwards. Not covered in the fallout from their nuclear munitions.

maschinen krieger

Offense is the best defense for them I'd assume. They are all about mobility so they'd go to drop zones and nuke the drops as soon as they happen. Cartoon series leads me to believe they'd be decent at your standard defense. wihmth use of turrets, their maruaders and rockets.

>Rico's roughnecks will never annihilate horde of taucucks while the ballad of rodger young plays in the background.

youtube.com/watch?v=QND6Q044Crk

Man I love the 80s japanese design for the Marauder armor. Only pic related rivals the iconic Marauder design.

Isn't that some one Eleven's dream project he just works on for fun?